Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? (48301 Views)

Should I Marry This Single Mother? / Beauty Vs Character: Who Gets It Going? / Guys, Can You Marry A Lady Who Is Pretty And Educated, But No Manners ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by tommychow(m): 12:10am On Oct 02, 2015
If you're wondering and even asking strangers which one to pick them, then I suggest you choose neither. When you meet YOUR OTHER HALF (not an option) you won't come down here to put a life changing decision in the hands of strangers. Every cell in your body will want only her.

About the mannered one though, you'll never know the true nature of someone when they're dependent on you or put you on a pedestal (submissive). When they upgrade and know they can do without you, that's when the real personality shows. There's more to a wife than doing house chores. You need someone you can spend all day with or else the marriage will get boring real fast. Then frustration sets in. She'll be those weak, dependent wives you can slap around the house and get away with. Boredom ruins almost all relationships and marriages. Choose companionship.

8 Likes

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by toksbisola: 12:14am On Oct 02, 2015
@OP; that’s what happens when a man thinks he can have so many ladies at his disposal and then thinks that he can pick one conveniently and game on. Now you’ve got yourself into this harsh reality and you now can’t chose who’s best for you. Let me analyse the situation below:

The Secondary school lever
I laugh in Japanese with the way you describe her manners. It’s obvious you reeeeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy don’t know who women are. She does this, that and the other; right? Now listen up dude and let me tell you that there’s something called EYE SERVICE and as you’re not a woman, you’re are not in a position to know if she is playing the eye service game just to make you her own and bang; your hooked; but then again I might be wrong and I hope so.

I can’t phantom why your house is in a mess though; the dishes ain’t washed, the floor ain’t mobbed and the house is in disarray; out of curiosity, have you got any teenagers in the house or something (my bad; just kidding). As a bachelor, don’t you do any house cleaning at all?

Although some have mentioned that you can always train her to a graduate level when you marry her; but do you know how much that’s going to cost you? Aside that; do you know the kind of environment she’ll be surrounded with and can she handle it? Can she blend in with the stress of married life and being a student? These are things you need to think thoroughly about.

The Degree holder
She has seen it all and has made something for herself. Aside that, she’s the type of woman you want and I can’t understand what the fuss is about. She’s not rude or manner-less as I couldn’t see any of that in your write-up regarding her.

So simply because she doesn’t arrange the dis-organise things in the home when she comes visiting, does not mop the dirty floor nor wash dirty dishes therefore, she’s not a suitable wife? OH PLEASE; GIVE ME A BREAK. Just listen to yourself; what stops you from stylishly letting her know? One thing you don’t know about women is that when you bring certain things to their attention, most times (must admit not all times though) most of them change for the better and they learn to adapt.

Discuss these things with her (just to highlight that some ladies are brought up in an environment where they have people who wait hand and foot on them and this your lady might be one of such ladies) and if she doesn’t want to amend the situation then you can now say you've tried and okay; you’re not for me as those are the kind of things you’ll appreciate in a wife.

As @Madcow1 has mentioned, she's not your wife therefore don’t expect her to be playing the role of a wife 100%. Don't get me wrong as I am not saying that she shouldn't do things around the home when she visits you; but don’t make it look as if it’s an entitlement as you’re not yet married to her, hence don't expect too much from her in that regards.

Conclusion
For the secondary school lever, I don’t seem to see the vibes of you having much in common with her. The only thing you probably like in her is because she’s a home maker which is cool; other than that, I can't observe any connection between both of you

For the graduate, you already have the spec you want in a wife which is and I quote you again “I like ladies that control grammar very well, in fact I am a sucker for such ladies”. You have met that in the graduate; so why change your spec? She's pretty enough for you, you discuss freely with her, you both keep good company and have a lot in common.

Lastly dude; quite being an OLIVER TWIST as no one is perfect. Marriage itself is like a school that one never graduates from; rather, you make adjustments for a peaceful and successful home with the right partner. Be wise as you make this life changing choice and all the best.

I rest my case

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Vaughan27: 12:14am On Oct 02, 2015
tido77:
I am limping between decisions, I need your piece of advice to buoy my wobbling senses. A well educated lady is in my radar, I like ladies that control grammar very well, in fact I am a sucker for such ladies. This my lady controls grammar so well and she is beautiful, a graduate.

Now, I also have a young lady that comes around, and I observed that they are both different in manners. She is not a graduate, she stopped at secondary school level due to finance problem.

When this not so schooled lady comes around she always notices disorganized things and would arrange them, would notice dirty floor and mop up,wash dirty dishes etc. She would not greet me without bending her left knee slightly to show respect. She is not as beautiful as the educated lady though.

The graduate lady do none of these things, all we do is just gist.

Lately the school cert lady makes me feel the warmth of a caring lady, I am beginning to notice her more.

I am a graduate with tastes, I don't know what I want again, I am confused, somebody advise.
So u want a lady dat wil b washing ur cloth cooking 4 u and all other chores, who is if she is not pretending abt it pls d graduated is beta.
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Tearg1: 12:15am On Oct 02, 2015
tido77:
I am limping between decisions, I need your piece of advice to buoy my wobbling senses. A well educated lady is in my radar, I like ladies that control grammar very well, in fact I am a sucker for such ladies. This my lady controls grammar so well and she is beautiful, a graduate.

Now, I also have a young lady that comes around, and I observed that they are both different in manners. She is not a graduate, she stopped at secondary school level due to finance problem.

When this not so schooled lady comes around she always notices disorganized things and would arrange them, would notice dirty floor and mop up,wash dirty dishes etc. She would not greet me without bending her left knee slightly to show respect. She is not as beautiful as the educated lady though.

Lately the school cert lady makes me feel the warmth of a caring lady, I am beginning to notice her more.

I am a graduate with tastes, I don't know what I want again, I am confused, somebody advise.

Bro you don't marry the flesh.... you marry the spirit of the person. If her spirit is not aligned with God, you may end up patching up the marriage...

Be wise and seek the answers you looking for from God, He reveals what non of us here can do...
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Neverquit(f): 12:16am On Oct 02, 2015
wink

You should have kept lipsrsealed though. They don't need to know our secrets grin

All na packaging

@ tido77, ask God for guidance. Don't rely only on things of the flesh.

The educated girl already showed you her true colors.

The uneducated one MIGHT change if and when she gets the 'upgrade'.

bestestgirl:
So the cleaning she does is what makes you notice her more grin grin grin grin Bulletin for you; we girls have mastered the art of pretence.
If a clean house and freshly laundered clothes sway you that much, hire a housekeeper/cook and buy a washing machine, then marry your beautiful, well educated, grammar controller and enjoy the best of both worlds.

PS. The educated girl is not necessarily bad mannered, she just might surprise you after marriage
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 12:16am On Oct 02, 2015
Tido77
Please just marry a faithful wife
Just cos d non graduate is nt pretty doesnt mean she cant cheat
Just cos the educated is beautiful doesnt mean she can cheat

Test both on faithfulness severally before makin a decision most serial cheaters dat are wives whr once so mannered dat their hubby married dem nd now dey cheat on them!!!!!

do ur test severally on both nd see who is more faithful a good wife is nt all bou manners or looks or education
Faithfulness shd be a part

The oda girl myt just b well mannered nd myt b gullible to b fuckin anoda nigga ok
Choose rytly

1 Like

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Kulas: 12:18am On Oct 02, 2015
Carry SSCE n BSc n throw into a dustbin n concentrate on d one ur heart picks.As for manner n beauty:Manner without beauty-approved. Manner with beauty-approved.Beauty without manner-Neva try it.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Toks2008(m): 12:19am On Oct 02, 2015
tido77:

The choice is clear.

Pick the grammarian and let me have the school cert holder's phone number since na grammar you wan chop.

But on a serious note please sit the grammarian down and have a healthy conversation with her regarding those stuffs, who knows she just might do them even better than the other lady but if she refuses or puts up a difference then i will advice you let her go. Too much grammar dey make some ladies misbehave and i see her using those grammar to curse you one day but is you still prefer her please just follow the first advice i gave.I can manage the school cert holder because i really don't get freaked by any grammar cos me sef i be grammer.
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by westlius(m): 12:20am On Oct 02, 2015
My dear am in ur shoes too I ve d same issue
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 02, 2015
Do not love someone who is beautiful but love someone who can make your life look beautiful

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by flokii: 12:20am On Oct 02, 2015
tido77:

grin.

loro kan sha... you dey chop d two of dem...

chose d one wey sabi knack pass abi?
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Singingbae(m): 12:21am On Oct 02, 2015
elantraceey:
Sorry to say, you don't even sound like a graduate.

What stops the non-educated one from getting a degree?
U school in UNILORIN right?
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by flokii: 12:22am On Oct 02, 2015
silvermania:
Do not love someone who is beautiful but love someone who can make your life look beautiful

that's how you console ursef abi?..

eyah so sorry
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Vaughan27: 12:23am On Oct 02, 2015
elantraceey:
Sorry to say, you don't even sound like a graduate.

What stops the non-educated one from getting a degree?
Lol young lady, so he is suppose 2 use is money 2 send d gal 2 skul then later she find someone beta an gilt d guy, really u must b very young.
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by osazeeblue01: 12:26am On Oct 02, 2015
Manner all the way. NOWANDDAY MOST OF OUR LADIES LACK MANNER.
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by cococandy(f): 12:28am On Oct 02, 2015
So because the graduate one is not kneeling down to greet you and clean up your house that you messed up yourself, she doesn't have manners? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 02, 2015
osazeeblue01:
Manner all the way. NOWANDDAY MOST OF OUR LADIES LACK MANNER.
She has manners bt wud she b faithful i can pretend to a guy to get his attention nd b fuckin anoda dats ow female works mayb op is rich dats why d not so educated is been calm since she knos dats all she can offer no looks no brains

Bt d oda educated she is stable

Ow will d non educated cope wit school nd marriage nd all
Op shd giv details of d financial problems cos av seen a graduate whose mum sent her to school by sellin pineapple my primary school mate so i want to kno if d non so educated is an orphan
Op needs to giv full details abeg
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 02, 2015
flokii:

that's how you console ursef abi?..

eyah so sorry
someone that can make your life beautiful can also be beautiful. Dont get me wrong
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 02, 2015
superbloke:
I don't believe this your story. I find it hard to believe that a graduate, as you call yourself, who's looking to get married, is caught in a dilemma of choice between a well-spoken graduate lady and a well mannered semi-literate and that's it. I mean, these are the most important things to you? How beautiful a lady is and how well she speaks or the fact that she cleans up after you? What happened to connection, dreams, shared vision and how much of a better person she makes you? How much do you know them? I don't know if you're ready for marriage. Or maybe you need to share the full story.
you seems to get what I am saying. Very very go comment
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by sammaking(m): 12:36am On Oct 02, 2015
bestestgirl:
So the cleaning she does is what makes you notice her more grin grin grin grin Bulletin for you; we girls have mastered the art of pretence.
If a clean house and freshly laundered clothes sway you that much, hire a housekeeper/cook and buy a washing machine, then marry your beautiful, well educated, grammar controller and enjoy the best of both worlds.

PS. The educated girl is not necessarily bad mannered, she just might surprise you after marriage

Lobish!!!!!

Now listen
It is hard to find "an educated lady", celebrity, model n what have you, who's not arrogant, proud and a feminist.

I'm not saying a wife should be the man toy but

Respect, humility and submission are key element of a virtuous woman.

The man and woman have different role to play.

A submissive wife will always win the undiluted love of the Husband. But these days our digital ladies wanna be the husband and expect the man to be the wife.

May God deliver us from westernization.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 02, 2015
superbloke:
I don't believe this your story. I find it hard to believe that a graduate, as you call yourself, who's looking to get married, is caught in a dilemma of choice between a well-spoken graduate lady and a well mannered semi-literate and that's it. I mean, these are the most important things to you? How beautiful a lady is and how well she speaks or the fact that she cleans up after you? What happened to connection, dreams, shared vision and how much of a better person she makes you? How much do you know them? I don't know if you're ready for marriage. Or maybe you need to share the full story.

Exactly there is more to the story than wat op shared criosly m short of words op is it dat op is considering them for a relationship or marriage to start with?
With d look of things op is hoin for d non graduate lady embarassed
He shd even say it well are dey both nigerians?
one myt b a foreign black chick like dat o d graduate embarassed

Op shd share more light me m just guessing sha
Atleast 60% of nigerian female graduates are still well mannered dat i kno
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 12:37am On Oct 02, 2015
sonofananimal:
.you and your likes think the school cert girl want something or desperately want his heart and after that, her real character comes out, but never the less you and your likes did not think outside the box.

If you want to marry someone, you must have asses the both of them and see which one fit your likes and match your criteria before you made up your mind RIGH! But just look at the OP undecided he is confuse, he want the both all to himself (probably because of sex he must have been getting from the two) and he his CHEATING on both of them. Did you see that coming! undecided and on and on and on.

I won't classify you as a philosopher cos you fail to observe both angle
Pls,Sir...what point av u succeeded in proving..NOTHING!...Mind u,I never said anything emphatically bout the ladies,that's why I made sure to use the words "might" and "may".in d instances where I wasn't certain..I was only suggesting possibilities.
Stop missing the point,his confusion lies in d fact that he wants to pick one ,but he's having a hard time of it,not that he wants both ov them....Dyu also mind telling me where he said he's sleeping with both of them?.. Baseless,hasty conclusion!
And,btw,I don't need u classifying me as a philosopher......U ain't got the wherewithal!
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by obiksam(m): 12:38am On Oct 02, 2015
Attitude...
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 12:41am On Oct 02, 2015
Nothing is constant in life.

You can teach manners, but you cannot teach beauty .

The good mannered wife may learn to be bad mannered.

Good manners is however likely to lead to a more relaxed and happy marriage and home. Beauty combined with bad manners may be arrogance and lead to a stressful and turbulent relationship and home.

Your own behaviour and actions would also determine the success of your marriage to either woman.
OP please go with your intincts, you know the women better than us.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 12:43am On Oct 02, 2015
sammaking:

Lobish!!!!!

Now listen
It is hard to find "an educated lady", celebrity, model n what have you, who's not arrogant, proud and a feminist.

I'm not saying a wife should be the man toy but

Respect, humility and submission are key element of a virtuous woman.

The man and woman have different role to play.

A submissive wife will always win the undiluted love of the Husband. But these days our digital ladies wanna be the husband and expect the man to be the wife.

May God deliver us from westernization.

Ok marry a submissive wife who still bleeps around
Av seen an educated mannerless wife bt faithful
Submissive mannered wife bt un faithful
Just look for a girl who share d same passion wit u share d same vision wit u share d same view in life with u so even wen there is a problem all dis can help reconnect u wit ur partner bt u marry her cos of manners nd all by the time she changes towards u wat wud reunite u guys bck ? The manner which she has now lost or wat
And for d educated girl no one is above mistake
who cant learn op sef stil as his own flaws if those ladies are asked to share their view bou op
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Johnnoo(m): 12:47am On Oct 02, 2015
bestestgirl:

What about if the reverse is the case
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Emmanuel125(m): 12:48am On Oct 02, 2015
The educated one knows hw to kneel...mayb dnt just find it neccessary.
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 02, 2015
[quote author=babywhite post=38581128]
she has a point. but didn't present it clearly
is true the lady can get a degree anytime what matters is their happiness, I have married men and women in my class,is Neva too late for her[/quote.
U've married men and women?
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by benlay(m): 12:51am On Oct 02, 2015
You need to marry PERIOD! ASK ME
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 12:53am On Oct 02, 2015
Dunno bt i guess davido nd wizkid needs to view dis thread o concerning their hot educated foreign gfs with grammer control nd mannered baby mamas davido own no go school wizkid o stil try smal go school

Op is sleeepin we scaterin our heads ova d matter dat op wud stil pick his choice cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Mskrisx(f): 12:57am On Oct 02, 2015
[quote author=tido77 post=38572637]I am limping between decisions, I need your piece of advice to buoy my wobbling senses. A well educated lady is in my radar, I like ladies that control grammar very well, in fact I am a sucker for such ladies. This my lady controls grammar so well and she is beautiful, a graduate.

My guy do not be deceived, as e b say una dem guys want babe wey fit cook,wash,clean,service you wella and come still respect you join ermm....na wahala na!we dem girls too Don ready na...we don b already made no need for corrections or adjustments....shebi na Dat one una dey call wife material abi na wife clothing sef...my dear op another package awaits u! smileymarry am sharply and 5 years down bros u go no say e Don be for u eh!
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 12:57am On Oct 02, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Pls,Sir...what point av u succeeded in proving..NOTHING!...Mind u,I never said anything emphatically bout the ladies,that's why I made sure to use the words "might" and "may".in d instances where I wasn't certain..I was only suggesting possibilities.
Stop missing the point,his confusion lies in d fact that he wants to pick one ,but he's having a hard time of it,not that he wants both ov them....Dyu also mind telling me where he said he's sleeping with both of them?.. Baseless,hasty conclusion!
And,btw,I don't need u classifying me as a philosopher......U ain't got the wherewithal!
YOU ARE A WOMAN OF FISH BRAIN undecided

Didn't YOU SEE WHERE I PUT “PROBABLY"? SINCE YOUR BRAIN IS MADE UP OF carbohydrates, I GUESS YOU DON'T KNOW THE WORD PROBABILTIY.

AND ONE MORE NOTE! IF YOU WANT TO MARRIED, YOU WILL BE CONFUSE OF WHICH GUY YOU WANT OUT OF YOUR numerous BOYFRIENDS undecided

You sound like a slut to me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Seven Kinds Of Ladies Around A Broke Guy / Photo Of A Man Kissing A Mannequin In A Boutique / When A Girl Says "I Don't Want Your Girlfriend To Come And Beat Me"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.