Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? (5966 Views)

Davido May Have Finally Learnt His Lesson As Regards Having Unprotected S*x / 10 Unspoken Bro Codes All Men Need To Know And Follow / Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 24, 2015
sauceny:
Easier said than done,when the op hits her late 30's & not yet married,her overrated would turn to underrated.

No matter whom you are & what ever you've achieved in life,you still would wish you married to a man.

Even the likes of Oprah Gail Winfrey would say;in her next life to come,she wouldn't do such a mistake again... Meanwhile she is forming Odeshi,while she is regretting & crying in silent.

If i hear say Genevieve Nnaji no dey pray for husband to come

You would knowundecided

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2015
daretodiffer:

You would knowundecided

Yeah
Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Candybob(m): 11:56pm On Nov 30, 2015
With respect to the origin of marriage, I think marriage was initially instituted by the mighty men of society in their covetous nature, to keep the beautiful and well endowed ladies only to themselves! The issue of companionship and child rearing served as a good justification...

Fast forward to our present day, I think marriage is okay and even desirable, but it should not be forced on those who dont desire it!
Living with someone you love (or convinced yourself you love) has it attractions and also it downsides. The choice is left to the individual... I appreciate the attractions better.

As for my unspoken sentiment,
- waking up to the same face every morning for the rest of my life! (This is why i dont like make up, I just need to know that the face is naturally beautiful even in sleep).
Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by AVRecruit: 1:50am On Dec 01, 2015
1. It causes you to pay half your assets to a woman and pay child support all your life in case of divorce.
2. Most people getting married today have slept around too much already and not the right age. women are supposed to be married off 18-21 instead of the current boyfriend model. this increases cheating rates.
3. the rise of career women has also negatively affected marriage. it is better for women to raise kids first while having a low stress job first and then build a solid career later than the current model.
Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 13, 2015
AVRecruit:
1. It causes you to pay half your assets to a woman and pay child support all your life in case of divorce.
2. Most people getting married today have slept around too much already and not the right age. women are supposed to be married off 18-21 instead of the current boyfriend model. this increases cheating rates.
3. the rise of career women has also negatively affected marriage. it is better for women to raise kids first while having a low stress job first and then build a solid career later than the current model.
Well, perhaps that's how it should be. But the trend has so much changed and everybody seems to be moving along with it.
Yes, the rate of promiscuity amongst young people is annoyingly high, but that's because sexual relationships have become a norm. So, the higher the number of relationships young ppl go into, the higher their body count.

18 to 21 used to be the ideal age for a woman to marry... But not anymore. Some ppl would still frown at and castigate a girl that decides to get married before she turns 23.

Yes, women are becoming very career oriented, but that's partly because nobody likes to be dependent. Even the men too look out for women who can contribute very meaningfully, in terms of finance towards running of the home...

So, at the end of the day, societal norms are basically the very bane of society and its institutions
Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Adaeze003(f): 11:56pm On Dec 13, 2015
Marriage in itself is not scary... buh the thought of getting married to the wrong person and that there's no sure way to know who is wrong or right?? Seeing as you might be blinded by "love"... ayie that's just some scary shit..

Add that to the fact that your own ideas drift from the society's idea of what marriage should be? Double shitload of scary.

Marriage is important and no1 can ever take that away. But! It should not be a place where we hope to finally be happy and be seen to have "made it" in life. Not talking about society here btw but you as a person. We all(ladies especially) should aspire to be more than just "Mrs".

Drops mic...
Re: What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? by Adaeze003(f): 12:00am On Dec 14, 2015
AVRecruit:

I'm sorry... "married off"? like little slaves to go cook and give birth right??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Lost Your Virginity At What Age? Matured People Only / When He's Too Submissive To His Bae... ( PHOTO ) / Two Of The Most Beautiful Nairalanders In One Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.