Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,872 members, 7,956,295 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:21 AM

Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It (9577 Views)

No Alcohol In Islam And The Flawed Knowledge About Its Benefit For The Heart / Islam And Spirituality / Differences Between Islam And Western Ideology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by macof(m): 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2016
truthman2012:

There is nothing new you have said lately. Re-read the thread and you will discover you are only repeating what you had said sometime ago, which I have trashed over and over again

now you really don't know what to say. . it's to be expected after landing a heavy blow of facts about your religion that you never knew
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by truthman2012(m): 7:18am On Apr 14, 2016
macof:

now you really don't know what to say. . it's to be expected after landing a heavy blow of fact9s about your religion that you never knew

Christianity is not a religion, it is a way of life. Besides, as a born-again Christian, you are sure of your relationship with God by His Spirit. So it doesn't matter what anybody says.
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by macof(m): 8:14am On Apr 14, 2016
truthman2012:

Christianity is not a religion, it is a way of life. Besides, as a born-again Christian, you are sure of your relationship with God by His Spirit. So it doesn't matter what anybody says.

grin grin topic has finally changed.
well for your information. Christianity is not a way of life. ... culture is a way of life
culture is integral to an ethnic identity.
Christianity doesn't fit into culture. ..but religion

It doesn't matter what anybody says when sure of your religion? good! then shut up and stop talking down Islam for the same thing Christianity is guilty of

Christianity is Paganism mixed with Judaism cheesy
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by truthman2012(m): 8:53am On Apr 14, 2016
macof:

grin grin topic has finally changed.
well for your information. Christianity is not a way of life. ... culture is a way of life
culture is integral to an ethnic identity.
Christianity doesn't fit into culture. ..but religion

It doesn't matter what anybody says when sure of your religion? good! then shut up and stop talking down Islam for the same thing Christianity is guilty of

Christianity is Paganism mixed with Judaism cheesy

Christianity is not guilty of paganism, it is your false opinion as you have been unable to susbstatiate your assertions with concrete proofs from the Bible other than hearsay. The onus of proof lies squarely on you. If you go outside of the Bible to show your proof, it is not acceptable because it is the opinions of the enemies of Christianity. Everything I am saying about islam is from the quran and hadiths, their own sources.
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by macof(m): 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2016
truthman2012:

Christianity is not guilty of paganism, it is your false opinion as you have been unable to susbstatiate your assertions with concrete proofs from the Bible other than hearsay. The onus of proof lies squarely on you. If you go outside of the Bible to show your proof, it is not acceptable because it is the opinions of the enemies of Christianity. Everything I am saying about islam is from the quran and hadiths, their own sources.

my false opinion? did I invent the festival of yuletide (now called Christmas)? or did I invent the Goddess Ishtar (that is celebrated during easter) or did I give the Egyptian mystic cults the symbol of the cross?
this is not my opinion at all but facts.

bible is your last resort abi? show me where in Bible, Christmas or any Christmas activity( tending trees and light decorations) was performed....but it was performed by pagans on December 25th for Yuletide
show me where easter was performed by Christians in the bible. ...and where in the bible were you told to decorate eggs and feast with rabbits. ...but pagans did this in honor of Ishtar

show me where it was stated in the crucifixion that Jesus died on a cross shaped like the Egyptian mystic symbol

you are only in denial. .. bible cannot save you here. ... you will end up ignoring the thread in shame at last. .. I'll keep watching
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by truthman2012(m): 6:34pm On Apr 14, 2016
[
b]macof[/b]

my false opinion? did I invent the festival of yuletide (now called Christmas)? or did I invent the Goddess Ishtar (that is celebrated during easter) or did I give the Egyptian mystic cults the symbol of the cross?
this is not my opinion at all but facts.

Yes, your opinion about Yuletide is false. Yuletide or Christmas celebrated by the Christians is in remembrance of the birth of Jesus. It is a day unanimously chosen in Christendom to remember Jesus birth. Look at the meaning of Yelutide below:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/yuletide

Easter, as I have told you before, is also to commemorate the death of Jesus. You lied by saying Christians celebrate idol Ishtar. That the names sound alike doesn't mean they are the same. Easter is not the same as Ishtar. No Christian celebrate Easter for Ishtar as you wrongly asserted.

bible is your last resort abi? show me where in Bible, Christmas or any Christmas activity( tending trees and light decorations) was performed....but it was performed by pagans on December 25th for Yuletide
show me where easter was performed by Christians in the bible. ...and where in the bible were you told to decorate eggs and feast with rabbits. ...but pagans did this in honor of Ishtar

Which pagans celebrate Yuletide on December 25? For which idol are they celebrating their Yuletide? What is the meaning of Yuletide? Yuletide means festival. Yuletide, a name for festival can be adopted by any religion.

Celebration of Christmas is not a commandment in the Bible and the reason for some Christians not celebrating it. But if a day is chosen to celebrate the birth of our saviour Jesus Christ, it goes.

show me where it was stated in the crucifixion that Jesus died on a cross shaped like the Egyptian mystic symbol

Jesus was killed on the cross. How did the cross used in Israel in killing Jesus look like? Was the cross designed by the Christians, who never existed at that time? What does it matter if the cross used by the enemies of God who killed Jesus looked like Egyptian mystic? The event of using the cross to kill Jesus has overtaken that of Egyptian mystic.
Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by macof(m): 3:45pm On Apr 15, 2016
truthman2012:
[

Yes, your opinion about Yuletide is false. Yuletide or Christmas celebrated by the Christians is in remembrance of the birth of Jesus. It is a day unanimously chosen in Christendom to remember Jesus birth. Look at the meaning of Yelutide below:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/yuletide

it's not my opinion but facts.
look at the celebration of yuletide. .. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule

see the resemblance to Christmas? same pagan practices on the same dates

why was the day of a pagan festival. ..the biggest festival in pagan Europe chosen to remember Jesus?

why celebrate Jesus birthday on a day that isn't his birth date?
you see pagan influence in christendom?

Easter, as I have told you before, is also to commemorate the death of Jesus. You lied by saying Christians celebrate idol Ishtar. That the names sound alike doesn't mean they are the same. Easter is not the same as Ishtar. No Christian celebrate Easter for Ishtar as you wrongly asserted.

Ishtar is not an idol but a Goddess. ..
Why celebrate Easter on a date determined by the movement of the moon and other celestial bodies? same method used by pagan Babylonian cults

I bet you didn't know the Catholic Church uses mathematicians and astronomers to determine the changing dates of Easter

you probably never asked yourself why easter changes dates. ...ignorance of your religion seems to be your pleasure

Which pagans celebrate Yuletide on December 25? For which idol are they celebrating their Yuletide? What is the meaning of Yuletide? Yuletide means festival. Yuletide, a name for festival can be adopted by any religion.
like I said there are different names for Christmas. ..weihnachten, Navidad, day of the solstice, yuletide etc
the origin of the festival is pagan not Christian

read the link above for clarity

Celebration of Christmas is not a commandment in the Bible and the reason for some Christians not celebrating it. But if a day is chosen to celebrate the birth of our saviour Jesus Christ, it goes.

grin why was it chosen to celebrate Jesus? what special reason if not a way to retain pagan practices that were hard to erase
Christmas season is the period the winter sun comes up... and there's much merriment. ...Yule actually means Merriment. ... was there merriment at the birth of Jesus?
give way for the sun God for Christmas is truly a celebration for the birth of the Sun(for the new year)

Jesus was killed on the cross. How did the cross used in Israel in killing Jesus look like? Was the cross designed by the Christians, who never existed at that time? What does it matter if the cross used by the enemies of God who killed Jesus looked like Egyptian mystic? The event of using the cross to kill Jesus has overtaken that of Egyptian mystic.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/7849852/Jesus-did-not-die-on-cross-says-scholar.html

Jesus wasn't killed on a crucifix like that

it was a straight pole. .. ask jehovah witness why they don't ever reference the crucifix

it's a pagan symbol in Christianity. ..and the bible never said Jesus died on a crucifix of such shape. .. read the link above for clarity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It by truthman2012(m): 4:24pm On Apr 15, 2016
macof:
it's not my opinion but facts.
look at the celebration of yuletide. .. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule

see the resemblance to Christmas? same pagan practices on the same dates

why was the day of a pagan festival. ..the biggest festival in pagan Europe chosen to remember Jesus?

why celebrate Jesus birthday on a day that isn't his birth date?
you see pagan influence in christendom?

Ishtar is not an idol but a Goddess. ..
Why celebrate Easter on a date determined by the movement of the moon and other celestial bodies? same method used by pagan Babylonian cults

I bet you didn't know the Catholic Church uses mathematicians and astronomers to determine the changing dates of Easter

you probably never asked yourself why easter changes dates. ...ignorance of your religion seems to be your pleasure

like I said there are different names for Christmas. ..weihnachten, Navidad, day of the solstice, yuletide etc
the origin of the festival is pagan not Christian

read the link above for clarity

grin why was it chosen to celebrate Jesus? what special reason if not a way to retain pagan practices that were hard to erase
Christmas season is the period the winter sun comes up... and there's much merriment. ...Yule actually means Merriment. ... was there merriment at the birth of Jesus?
give way for the sun God for Christmas is truly a celebration for the birth of the Sun(for the new year)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/7849852/Jesus-did-not-die-on-cross-says-scholar.html

Jesus wasn't killed on a crucifix like that

it was a straight pole. .. ask jehovah witness why they don't ever reference the crucifix

it's a pagan symbol in Christianity. ..and the bible never said Jesus died on a crucifix of such shape. .. read the link above for clarity

Here you come !!!

I know you cannot back up your assertions with authentic proof. The writer of the article in the link you gave must be an atheist, no theologian will disbelieve the Bible. Atheists are enemies of Christianity. The Bible makes it clear that Jesus was killed on the cross. According to English dictionary, to crucify means to kill on the cross.

The Crucifixion of Christ

Matt. 27:32–38, 48, 50; Mark 15:21–26, 36, 37; Luke 23:26–33, 38, 46

17 And He, bearing His cross, pwent out to a place called the Place of a Skull, which is called in Hebrew, Golgotha, 18 where they crucified Him, and two others with Him, one on either side, and Jesus in the center. 19 rNow Pilate wrote a title and put it on the cross. And the writing was:

JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS
20 Then many of the Jews read this title, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city; and it was written in Hebrew, Greek, and Latin.

Do you call a straight pole cross?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims / Words Of Advice For Those That Share "Ultimatum Messages'' / Ruling On Celebrating Valentine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.