Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. (32715 Views)

Every Bugatti Chiron Is Remotely Monitored From Bugatti HQ Online Real Time / 5 Ways Nigerians Can Save Money On Car Repairs / Smart Fortwo Car Repairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by Homguy(m): 9:35pm On Oct 11, 2015
Lovely! I enjoyed following , still waiting for more episodes grin

1 Like

Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 11:25am On Oct 12, 2015
I'm off today, Man must rest and flex.... cheesy cool
Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 10:05am On Oct 13, 2015
2001 pathy 3.3 v6
Stalling and irregular misfiring.
Scanned and no code was found. Some 'scan it' guys would have thrown in the towel. However, Not Lomomike/Kingreign. I went the old school way and it gave great result.
Ran a fuel pressure check, pressure seems fine, checked distributor cap, bad coil looks worn out. Checked sparkplugs, all good, checked injector nozzles, all injector nozzle were wet with water.
Fuel rail had water lodged inside too.
Hmmm. How then did water get inside?
Let's see as it goes....
Pictures uploading.

Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 10:07am On Oct 13, 2015
Installed the injector and fuel rail back after cleaning and drying.
Will have to check check tank for water lodgement.... Now the serious work comes in....

Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 10:39am On Oct 16, 2015
2008 Ford Edge SEL V6

ATF and Engine oil drain and fill.

Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 8:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
Lexus Rx300,
Passenger door handle replacement.

To remove door handle, locate the screws on the inner door pull mechanism, door arm rest, 2 black screws underside, and some push in clips.
Then pry the power window/lock button plate and pull out, then disconnect power source, and pull out door handle plate. Pull out door card/mat, and remove 10mm bolts retaining bad handle, remove lock actuator sticks clips. Remove offensive door handle, and replace key lock mechanism with new/donor door handle.
Install donor door handle and tighten all bolts/screws. Replace door mat/card, install all wiring harnesses. Test door for proper operation.

Next step is spraying to car's body colour.

Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 5:57am On Oct 18, 2015
2013 toyota corolla 1.8LE
P1604 start ability issue/ knock sensor
P0171 system too lean bank 1.

clean all cleanables and replace all worn out/bad parts

Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 6:05am On Oct 18, 2015
Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 6:18am On Oct 18, 2015
kingreign:

For such works this should come in handy

2 Likes

Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 6:25am On Oct 18, 2015
kingreign:

NOTE: the P1604 is a common phenomenon in Toyota from 2010 -2013, Toyota Motors Corp. knows about it, they issued a TSB however, they failed to specify and pin point a particular part, instead, they suggest systems which is the breather/intake system cleaning.
Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 6:47am On Oct 18, 2015
kingreign:
Volkswagen Golf MK5 2.0 FSI
Symptoms: poor MPG, hesitation when engine is running, P0404. EGR circuit range/performance.
Pop hood, remove locate EGR valve, test EGR circuit with appropriate multimeter tool, also check for carbon build up and blockage of the EGR valve. Keeping a tab on the cluster for any P0404 codes resurfacing. If it does, EGR will be replaced.

Back to Golf MK5 2.0FSI,
P0404 resurfaced again, so I had to go deeper into the challenge, took off EGR system, remove the top 6 hex star screws, removed wiring harness terminal and viola, a small black wheel cog had broken some teeth... Took EGR to Spare parts market to purchase exact replacement, but all u saw were defective... Same broken teeth's in all cogs... I will have to search some more places or place an order for a brand new EGR cog.

NOTE: the sheded tooth cog is a very common problem in 2.0 FSI egr problem, replacement of cog is the solution.

Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by b2212(m): 10:09am On Oct 18, 2015
kingreign:

Back to Golf MK5 2.0FSI,
P0404 resurfaced again, so I had to go deeper into the challenge, took off EGR system, remove the top 6 hex star screws, removed wiring harness terminal and viola, a small black wheel cog had broken some teeth... Took EGR to Spare parts market to purchase exact replacement, but all u saw were defective... Same broken teeth's in all cogs... I will have to search some more places or place an order for a brand new EGR cog.

NOTE: the sheded tooth cog is a very common problem in 2.0 FSI egr problem, replacement of cog is the solution.

Hello King reign
I have a Chevy Astro 2002 with poor mpg.
No codes stored in ecu.
The mpg became terrible after changing my ac compressor. Exhaust is not smoking. Waddaya think could be wrong.

Sorry for barging in on ur thread.
Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 10:27am On Oct 18, 2015
b2212:

Hello King reign
I have a Chevy Astro 2002 with poor mpg.
No codes stored in ecu.
The mpg became terrible after changing my ac compressor. Exhaust is not smoking. Waddaya think could be wrong.

Sorry for barging in on ur thread.

A lot of things could be wrong, the Ac compressor you replaced, is it meant for astro Chevy 02?
When last Did you do a tune up on the car?

That said, I'd love to see, inspect and diagonise the vehicle before any conclusion is made.
Call me on 07034581213 I'm located in Kubwa, Abuja.

NOTE: Diagnosis is NOT free.

1 Like

Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 10:29am On Oct 18, 2015
Elshanautos, I hail you.... Keep the good works going. cool
Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by nickxtra(m): 3:34pm On Oct 18, 2015
Please, my car makes one kpro kro sound when I apply breaks on start up. But in motion, it does not make the sounds. A mechanic examined it nd told me it is the break pad, which he advised me to get Yamashida break pad to change the current break pad. But I have been unable to get the Yamashida break pad type for the car(1998/1999 Nissan Primera 2.0i salon car). Also the front inner upper arms of the car makes kiti kiti sounds on motion when driving in bad or uneven roads(usually slowly), but former mechanic said it is stabiliser bushes, but I have to change the entire stabilisers, yet the sounds persist. It was later discovered by my new mechanic that it is not stabiliser problem but the two upper arms need changed completely. Kindly help me confirm the problems, the solution and cost of the upper arms nd the yamashida break pad. I have searched around Zuba spare parts market for the yamashida break pad, but did get the type for the car. I live in Dutse, Abuja
Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by colossus2: 4:42pm On Oct 18, 2015
my car makes one kpro kro sound

Also the front inner upper arms of the car makes kiti kiti sounds
All this sound that you are sharing.... lipsrsealed
Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 5:52pm On Oct 18, 2015
nickxtra:
Please, my car makes one kpro kro sound when I apply breaks on start up. But in motion, it does not make the sounds. A mechanic examined it nd told me it is the break pad, which he advised me to get Yamashida break pad to change the current break pad. But I have been unable to get the Yamashida break pad type for the car(1998/1999 Nissan Primera 2.0i salon car). Also the front inner upper arms of the car makes kiti kiti sounds on motion when driving in bad or uneven roads(usually slowly), but former mechanic said it is stabiliser bushes, but I have to change the entire stabilisers, yet the sounds persist. It was later discovered by my new mechanic that it is not stabiliser problem but the two upper arms need changed completely. Kindly help me confirm the problems, the solution and cost of the upper arms nd the yamashida break pad. I have searched around Zuba spare parts market for the yamashida break pad, but did get the type for the car. I live in Dutse, Abuja

Good day sir, I've read thru your message, I will have to see and diagnose it then give recommendations on what to do. Please, ensure you follow the recommendations.
My diagnosis is NOT free.

Call me on 07034581213.
Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by b2212(m): 12:44pm On Oct 19, 2015
kingreign:

A lot of things could be wrong, the Ac compressor you replaced, is it meant for astro Chevy 02?
When last Did you do a tune up on the car?

That said, I'd love to see, inspect and diagonise the vehicle before any conclusion is made.
Call me on 07034581213 I'm located in Kubwa, Abuja.

NOTE: Diagnosis is NOT free.

I am in Lagos. The compressor was exactly like the one that was removed.
I will be reporting the car to gazzuz's garage for tuning.
Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by elshanAutos: 6:06pm On Oct 19, 2015
kingreign:
Elshanautos, I hail you.... Keep the good works going. cool
Same to you Chairman!
Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 6:57pm On Oct 19, 2015
Mercedes ML 350 4matic 2007

*Bank 1 bank 2 timing set up over retarded,
*Misfiring on cylinder 4,
*faulty alternator not charging battery and powering vehicle devices hence battery running down,
*Rear tail lamp malfunction.
*cable of bluetooth telephony cradle severed

Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 5:06am On Oct 21, 2015
kingreign:
Mercedes ML 350 4matic 2007

*Bank 1 bank 2 timing set up over retarded,
*Misfiring on cylinder 4,
*faulty alternator not charging battery and powering vehicle devices hence battery running down,
*Rear tail lamp malfunction.
*cable of bluetooth telephony cradle severed

Alternator replaced serpentine belt replaced engine cover replaced, burnt out lamps replaced, telephony cradle fixed, new battery fixed, car washed and ready for delivery to owner.

Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 5:20am On Oct 21, 2015
Dedicated to Gazzuzz, Abatically and Billy 187 smiley cool

2003 highlander 2.4L
Routine schedule maintenance (drain and refill of Radiator coolant)

NEVER OPEN CAP OF RADIATOR WHEN ENGINE IS HOT
Open radiator cap, remove connection pipe from expansion bottle, locate drain plug at bottom of radiator and open it. Insert a bowl under the drain point to collect all old coolant. Allow coolant to drain totally, locate drain plug on engine cylinder and open for all old coolant in engine to drain completely, remove coolant in expansion bottle.

Replace all bolts, plugs and expansion bottles.
Refill up radiator with genuine Toyota Longlife Radiator Coolant ONLY.
Allow engine to idle for some minutes... Turn off ignition and allow engine to cool again, then open radiator cap to check level of coolant and replenish with coolant only.
Close radiator cap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 5:21am On Oct 21, 2015
kingreign:
Dedicated to Gazzuzz, Abatically and Billy 187 smiley cool

2003 highlander 2.4L
Routine schedule maintenance (drain and refill of Radiator coolant)

NEVER OPEN CAP OF RADIATOR WHEN ENGINE IS HOT
Open radiator cap, remove connection pipe from expansion bottle, locate drain plug at bottom of radiator and open it. Insert a bowl under the drain point to collect all old coolant. Allow coolant to drain totally, locate drain plug on engine cylinder and open for all old coolant in engine to drain completely, remove coolant in expansion bottle.

Replace all bolts, plugs and expansion bottles.
Refill up radiator with genuine Toyota Longlife Radiator Coolant ONLY.
Allow engine to idle for some minutes... Turn off ignition and allow engine to cool again, then open radiator cap to check level of coolant and replenish with coolant only.
Close radiator cap.

Allow car to idle for some an hour to observe cooling system's behaviour and coolant temperature level on instrument cluster.

Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 10:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
2002 Mercedes W203 C240.
P0100 Mass Air flow Sensor malfunction
P0173 Fuel Trim malfunction Bank 2 (due to MAF error)
P0171 Fuel Trim Malfunction Bank 1(due to MAF error)
P0123 Throttle pedal position sensor A position circuit high

Throttle pedal and matching MAF purchased.

Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 11:59pm On Oct 24, 2015
I am experiencing poor internet service courtesy my internet provider, hence my non updating of this thread. Will update thread when I see a window of opportunity
Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 12:32am On Oct 25, 2015
kingreign:
2002 Mercedes W203 C240.
P0100 Mass Air flow Sensor malfunction
P0173 Fuel Trim malfunction Bank 2 (due to MAF error)
P0171 Fuel Trim Malfunction Bank 1(due to MAF error)
P0123 Throttle pedal position sensor A position circuit high

Throttle pedal and matching MAF purchased.

NOTE: the W203 and some VW/Audi use BOSCH MAF system, physically they look alike, with same number of male pins which goes into the female sockets, but don't be fooled, they can NOT be swapped. To identify a genuine tokunbo BOSCH MAF, always watch them remove it from an engine in your presence, observe the male socket neck where it has two screws, you will see a string of numbers-the part numbers.

A/C gas refilling at the insistence of owner.
Car washed thoroughly and delivered to owner on Thursday.

Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 12:40am On Oct 25, 2015
Honda Accord 2002 V6.
Car jerks when gear is shifted from P to R or D.
Deep exhaust noise
Vehicle thoroughly inspected and culprit found to be front and right side engine mounts, exhaust joints opened due to bolts failure.
Engine mount replacement.
Exhaust rings and new bolts replacement
WARNING: NEVER TOUCH A HOT OR RUNNING ENGINE and/or ÈXHAUST TO PREVENT INJURY

Car fixed, tested and delivered to owner on Friday.

Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 12:50am On Oct 25, 2015
Mitsubishi ***** squishy brake feel when pedal depressed as car is moving, binding brake on left front wheel.
Culprit= Bad ABS pump.
Culprit= Converted from RHD to LHD,
Culprit= Converted from Auto to Manual
Culprit= village people

Dirty blocked Servo master brakes which was poorly done, air bubbles in brake system.
Solution, bleed system. Check the calipers for piston movement and returns due to binding on left caliper and servicing of callipers.

Car drives fine delivered to owner

1 Like

Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by vivalaurel(m): 3:09am On Oct 25, 2015
That is palm oil now grin
Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 8:29am On Oct 25, 2015
vivalaurel:
That is palm oil now grin

You're wrong angry

Its palm oyel tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 6:04pm On Oct 29, 2015
Hello great Abuja and environ people,
Pardon my non updating of this thread, I've been busy with other areas of my life hence my absence.....
Re: Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. by kingreign(m): 6:27pm On Oct 29, 2015
2002 Sienna MPV power steering high pressure pipe rupture.

To do this work, you'll need to open the bonnet, locate the pipe work from the power steering pump and reservoir, take off the front right wheel,
NEVER WORK UNDER CARS SUPPORTED BY JACK ONLY, ENSURE ADEQUATE SUPPORT IS PROVIDED TO THE VEHICLE AND WEDGES ARE PLACED AT OTHER WHEELS.

Locate the point of leakages, disconnect hose and replace with genuine recommended type.
Refill power steering system with genuine dextron ii or dextron iii fluid, bleed system to eliminate air bubbles.
Then take car for spin test drive. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Bus Somersaults On 3rdmainland Bridge This Afternoon / How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake / How Good Is Oven Baked Painting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.