Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,653 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis (47912 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Is "Sad And Pained" That She Won't Be In The Team Against France / Vincent Enyeama's Wife Speaks Up On His Retirement From Super Eagles / 'Oliseh Shuts Enyeama Up, Kicks Him Out Of Camp Today' - Muyiwa Lawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Kennydoc(m): 5:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
searching4love:
undecidedTHIS IS WHY WE ALWAYS OPPOSE IGBOS FROM ATTAINING LEADERSHIP POSITIONS IN THIS COUNTRY. SUNDAY OLISEH HAS NOT EVEN ATTAINED POLITICAL POWER YET BUT HIS ARROGANCE AND EGO HAS SCATTERED ALL THE UNITY OF THE TEAM undecided

A bigot will always find a tribalistic angle to view everything. You are one of the greatest problems of NL.

4 Likes

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by CaptPlanet(m): 5:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
Oliseh, ur sack ehn
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by veraiyke(m): 5:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
I love oliseh but stripping Enyeama the captain band in such manner is embarrasing n I think now that Oliseh won't last long as coach n won't do well too because he doesn't know how to manage players. He should recall that it was such similar scenario that led to his leaving the eagles prior to the 2002 world cup
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by fleksy: 5:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
robosky02:
The Nigeria coach has opened up on the incident that led to the goalkeeper’s untimely retirement from the national team on Thursday before their friendly defeat to Congo

Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh has said Vincent Enyeama’s retirement from the national team is very sad, as he finally opened up on the incidents that have shaken the Super Eagles since Tuesday.

Enyeama, the country’s most capped player, announced his retirement via Instagram on Thursday after alleging insults to his mother as well as being thrown out of the national camp by hotel security in Verviers, Belgium.

However, coach Oliseh has debunked the claims, stating that he was surprised by the goalkeeper’s allegations on social media, something that has turned many fans against him as the team lost 2-0 to Congo DR in a friendly on Thursday night.

In an interview on Brila FM, Oliseh stated that the goalkeeper had insisted on airing his views during dinner after Tuesday’s training, despite the coach’s instruction to stand down and allow his observations be discussed at another time.

The goalkeeper was unhappy with the fact that he was overlooked as captain of the side in favour of Ahmed Musa during a routine meet and greet with the Nigerian ambassador to Belgium after their work out.

The coach said he told Enyeama to either remain quiet or excuse himself from dinner to enable him address the other players. Oliseh stated that a few of the senior players attempted to calm the goalkeeper before leading him away from the room.

He said he didn’t call security to take him out and was surprised to find out that Enyeama claimed on Instagram that he was thrown out by security and that his mother had been insulted.

“How can I insult your mother? Never did the issue of Vincent Enyeama’s mother come up, ” said Oliseh, while stating that Musa and John Obi Mikel came to his room to apologize on behalf of the goalkeeper and he had forgiven the Lille player.

The coach said that Nigeria Football Federation president Amaju Pinnick mediated in the crisis and asked Enyeama to apologise to the coach but he didn’t.

Enyeama decided to leave camp on Thursday following the invitation of young goalkeeper Dele Alampasu as back up for the two goalkeepers in case of any injuries. Oliseh said there was joke about preparing goalkeeper coach Alloy Agu as back up in case the need arose.

"He said because I invited Alampasu, he’s going,” Oliseh said.

Enyeama then announced his retirement from the team after 13 years in a very emotional post on Instagram, stating that “it’s been the most trying period of my life”.

“It’s very sad,” Oliseh said about the goalkeeper’s retirement while hoping that the team gets back on its feet soon enough for Sunday’s friendly against Cameroon.

Despite the 2-0 defeat to Congo, Oliseh took positives from the performances of Mikel and debutant Alex Iwobi, while stating that the reason for the friendly matches is so that the team can have better understanding ahead of the upcoming World Cup qualifiers.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2015/10/09/16162762/enyeama-retirement-is-sad-oliseh-opens-up-on-crisis?ICID=HP_HN_1

did anyone observe the DOTS on OLISEH's face? it is uncountable as it is a measure of all his LIES. for every lie, he gets a frresh black DOT.
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by ahamonyeka(m): 5:28pm On Oct 09, 2015
If this is how it happened as oliseh said then enyeama is to be blame.
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by robosky02(m): 5:30pm On Oct 09, 2015
Oliseh should know better how it feels to drop a captain in 2002 he was drop unceremonously;

read the rest: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/world_cup/1871029.stm

"Super Eagles coach Adegboye Onigbinde has dropped captain Sunday Oliseh, winger Finidi George and striker Victor Ikpeba from his provisional World Cup preparation squad.
Also left out from the 55-strong squad are reserve goalies Murphy Akanji and Ndubisi Egbo.

The five were in the 22-man team that won bronze at the African Nations Cup in February.

Our objective now is to concentrate on the new players

Adegboye Onigbinde
Coach Amodu Shaibu was sacked for failing to win the Nations Cup trophy and Onigbinde, named in his place, said he would make changes before heading to Korea and Japan.
But he added that it was impractical to drop all the experienced players.

As a result, some of the "old guard" - goalkeeper Ike Shoroumu, midfielder Austin "Jay-Jay" Okocha, defender Taribo West and striker Nwankwo Kanu - are in the squad.

Fresh approach

And it is still quite possible that Oliseh, Ikpeba and George could go to the World Cup.

The provisional list includes six goalkeepers, 11 defenders, 15 midfielders and 23 attackers.

Nigeria is drawn with England, Argentina and Sweden in the first round World Cup group phase.

Onigbinde said his squad, which includes many youngsters playing abroad and in the domestic league, is aimed at giving unknown players a chance to prove themselves.

"Our objective now is to concentrate on the new players, but those that cannot meet the standard would have to give way for other better players."

Ikpeba is not included

He said players with domestic clubs will begin training on 18 March in Ota town, on the outskirts of the commercial capital, Lagos.

New coaches

Players from the new squad will play a friendly against fellow World Cup finalists, Paraguay, on 26 March in London, he added.

Some of the new names include striker Bartholomew Ogbeche, with French club Paris Saint Germain, and English first division players - Ade Akinbiyi of Crystal Palace and Dele Adebola of Birmingham City.

Femi Opabunmi, golden boot winner at the last under-17 World Cup in Trinidad and Tobago and team-mate Osaze Eromoigbe also made the list.

Onigbinde has also appointed five assistants.

They include Fanny Amun, who trained the 1993 under-17 World Cup-winning team, and former Super Eagles captain Henry Nwosu.

After the Paraguay warm-up, Nigeria will
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by kiddkash(m): 5:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
he thinks analysing football on supersports and coaching are the same thing
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
Kennydoc:

A bigot will always find a tribalistic angle to view everything. You are one of the greatest problems of NL.

u dey mad
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by afelouz(m): 5:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
Lol. Ur generation de mad tongue
Coz i didn't curse u first. Senseless maggot grin
Mprepz:

Guy no vex me here o... Na by force to quote person.

You dey mad sef!!! Ah no knw dy idiot wer buy fone giv you
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by IYANGBALI: 5:40pm On Oct 09, 2015
I just don't like this oliseh of a guy. Enyama's late mum no go gree am succeed,una go see. Quote me negatively and die mysteriously in your sleep
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by IamAtribalist: 5:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
cool Please leave Oliseh ALONE let him do his job. He has my UTMOST support

1 Like

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by udemzyudex(m): 5:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
I think olise was trying to impress Buhari by making musa the captain..... grin

1 Like

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by IYANGBALI: 5:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
ahamonyeka:
If this is how it happened as oliseh said then enyeama is to be blame.
you think oliseh will tell Nigerians the who truth?I am waiting for mikel to come tell me wetin happen because him no dey lie
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by freshcvvs: 5:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
If Oliseh was wrong, NFF wouldn't have asked Enyeama to go and apologize to him nor would his teammates gone to beg the coach on his behalf. Make una think.
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Ifebazz(m): 5:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
searching4love:
undecidedTHIS IS WHY WE ALWAYS OPPOSE IGBOS FROM ATTAINING LEADERSHIP POSITIONS IN THIS COUNTRY. SUNDAY OLISEH HAS NOT EVEN ATTAINED POLITICAL POWER YET BUT HIS ARROGANCE AND EGO HAS SCATTERED ALL THE UNITY OF THE TEAM undecided
Your ID should read 'searching for sense'.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Keneeby(m): 5:50pm On Oct 09, 2015
Mprepz:
Enyeama did not try.... Am 4rm AkwaIbom and Enyeama was just too proud!

You speak like a fool. Are you telling me Enyeama shud hv not gone to burry his mother? Coming back he was to be demoted? Plz use ur head well.
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by mysticjack95(m): 5:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
searching4love:
who is this tribal mongol..........go and find cure for your bitterness and leave igbos out of it
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by ahamonyeka(m): 5:55pm On Oct 09, 2015
IYANGBALI:
you think oliseh will tell Nigerians the who truth?I am waiting for mikel to come tell me wetin happen because him no dey lie
lols,well is true so who do we believe now?since you are waiting for mikel to come tell you the truth am waiting for you to still let me know what transpired btw them.bad guy
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Peter325ukay(m): 5:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
Enyeama's case was a test of oliseh's ability to manage individuals, but I'm not too sure he passed it.

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by MeandSum: 6:00pm On Oct 09, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Come on Oliseh......... Of course, you will label Enyeama "a liar" BUT THE TRUTH REMAINS THIS................

You did not do the right thing. You did not heed to courtesy and "common sense" which demanded that you communicated ur new captaincy plans to Enyeama in "private".

Enyeama, bound to be remembered by HISTORY as Nigeria's greatest ever goalie and Africa's finest between 2003-2015, finding out in "public" was wrong.

Had "this" been done, we won't have this CHAOS.

Now Nigeria is divided..... Oliseh and Enyeama camps are springing up everywhere......

No matter how all these happenings turn out................. History will always ask this, "WHY DIDN'T OLISEH MEET WITH ENYEAMA IN PRIVATE, AWAY FROM OTHERS' EYES AND EARS, AND COMMUNICATED HIS NEW PLANS? WHY DIDN'T HE GIVE ENYEAMA THIS RESPECT?"

Believe me, things would have turned out "differently" on a positive scale.

Take it or leave it but HISTORY WILL ALWAYS POINT THIS OUT.....

were you there? how did you come to the conclusion that Oliseh is the liar here?
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Gabygaby: 6:01pm On Oct 09, 2015
[quote author=robosky02 post=38817270]The Nigeria coach has opened up on the incident that led to the goalkeeper’s untimely retirement from the national team on Thursday before their friendly defeat to Congo

Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh has said Vincent Enyeama’s retirement from the national team is very sad, as he finally opened up on the incidents that have shaken the Super Eagles since Tuesday.

Enyeama, the country’s most capped player, announced his retirement via Instagram on Thursday after alleging insults to his mother as well as being thrown out of the national camp by hotel security in Verviers, Belgium.

However, coach Oliseh has debunked the claims, stating that he was surprised by the goalkeeper’s allegations on social media, something that has turned many fans against him as the team lost 2-0 to Congo DR in a friendly on Thursday night.

In an interview on Brila FM, Oliseh stated that the goalkeeper had insisted on airing his views during dinner after Tuesday’s training, despite the coach’s instruction to stand down and allow his observations be discussed at another time.

The goalkeeper was unhappy with the fact that he was overlooked as captain of the side in favour of Ahmed Musa during a routine meet and greet with the Nigerian ambassador to Belgium after their work out.

The coach said he told Enyeama to either remain quiet or excuse himself from dinner to enable him address the other players. Oliseh stated that a few of the senior players attempted to calm the goalkeeper before leading him away from the room.

He said he didn’t call security to take him out and was surprised to find out that Enyeama claimed on Instagram that he was thrown out by security and that his mother had been insulted.

“How can I insult your mother? Never did the issue of Vincent Enyeama’s mother come up, ” said Oliseh, while stating that Musa and John Obi Mikel came to his room to apologize on behalf of the goalkeeper and he had forgiven the Lille player.

The coach said that Nigeria Football Federation president Amaju Pinnick mediated in the crisis and asked Enyeama to apologise to the coach but he didn’t.

Enyeama decided to leave camp on Thursday following the invitation of young goalkeeper Dele Alampasu as back up for the two goalkeepers in case of any injuries. Oliseh said there was joke about preparing goalkeeper coach Alloy Agu as back up in case the need arose.

"He said because I invited Alampasu, he’s going,” Oliseh said.

Enyeama then announced his retirement from the team after 13 years in a very emotional post on Instagram, stating that “it’s been the most trying period of my life”.

“It’s very sad,” Oliseh said about the goalkeeper’s retirement while hoping that the team gets back on its feet soon enough for Sunday’s friendly against Cameroon.

Despite the 2-0 defeat to Congo, Oliseh took positives from the performances of Mikel and debutant Alex Iwobi, while stating that the reason for the friendly matches is so that the team can have better understanding ahead of the upcoming World Cup quali ...............................................................................VERY SIMPLE ISSUE,A CAPTAIN WANT TO AIR HIS VIEW OF WHICH YOU STILL HAVE THE POWER TO TACTICALLY delay the view from implementation ,you short him down and even sent him out with hotel security,what a shame on you, DID YOU EVER CONSIDER HIS CLUB INTEREST KNOWING THAT A FAILURE TO YOUR TEAM WILL AFFECT HIS CLUB INTEREST,A GOALKEEPER IS NEXT TO A COACH IN A FOOTBALL MATCH BECAUSE OBSERVE EVERY ERROR FROM HIS POST YET YOU DIDN'T SEE HIS VIEW AS IMPORTANT IN THE SUCCESS OF THE TEAM PLUS THE FACT THAT HE IS also a CAPTAIN. You went ahead to use your employers to intimidate him by asking him to apologise to you. YOU LACK WISDOM.
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by IYANGBALI: 6:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
ahamonyeka:
lols,well is true so who do we believe now?since you are waiting for mikel to come tell you the truth am waiting for you to still let me know what transpired btw them.bad guy
ok,but na Enyama I believe. Oliseh too dey lie
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by klexycole(m): 6:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
ONE THING IS SURE... All These Will Definitely Be A Thing Of The Past! Que Sera Sera...
smileysmiley
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by sweetnigga(m): 6:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
phollybee:
unintelligent, dull, brainless , obtuse, witless , dumb ,
foolish , futile , ill-advised , irrelevant, laughable,
ludicrous , naive, senseless , shortsighted , ,
trivial, dummy , loser, rash, thick , dazed , deficient ,
dense , dim , doltish, dopey , gullible , half-baked ,
half-witted , idiotic , imbecilic , inane , indiscreet ,
insensate, meaningless , mindless , moronic,
nonsensical, out to lunch, pointless , puerile, slow, sluggish , stolid, stupefied ,
thick-headed , unthinking,,, is there Other means to Qualify Oliseh ?
kolo
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by geez18(m): 6:22pm On Oct 09, 2015
searching4love:

see how you just made known your foolishness to the whole world.
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Aroh48(m): 6:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
phollybee:
unintelligent, dull, brainless , obtuse, witless , dumb ,
foolish , futile , ill-advised , irrelevant, laughable,
ludicrous , naive, senseless , shortsighted , ,
trivial, dummy , loser, rash, thick , dazed , deficient ,
dense , dim , doltish, dopey , gullible , half-baked ,
half-witted , idiotic , imbecilic , inane , indiscreet ,
insensate, meaningless , mindless , moronic,
nonsensical, out to lunch, pointless , puerile, slow, sluggish , stolid, stupefied ,
thick-headed , unthinking,,, is there Other means to Qualify Oliseh ?
nawa oooo!
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by awesomet1(m): 6:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Kentvilla: 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
searching4love:
. keep quite if you lack words to say,what has been Biafran got to do here, We rule the football world in Nigeria since ab initio . We Igbo work had for position on merit not the way those from the waste and nut do. Keshi,chukwu etc have been there and they achieved something.
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
Sir, pls be fair..... Read through again. Point out where I termed Oliseh a liar........

I was just stating what he failed to do.......

PERIOD!!!
*Smiles*

MeandSum:

were you there? how did you come to the conclusion that Oliseh is the liar here?
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by tiwiex(m): 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
MadCow1:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2941741_sundayolisehq5zkl4d2hqwm1kp2xg6l72iqv2_jpeg2ce965cad66d3dcedaee076db4aaf526

Indeed its very sad how the whole debacle played out, but that said, you remain the teams Coach and the number 1 man in charge of the national team.

Enyeama is not bigger than the team. He may be a senior team member and may have put in some outstanding work over his time with the team all of which we are grateful for, but at this point, the team has got to move on.

I guess its time to find a new shot stopper for the National team.

I wish you luck in your career as the Head Team Manager of the National Team and pray your tenure brings us success.

Nuff with this Enyeama distractions, back to business.

God Bless us all.

Yes we have to move on. But Enyeama has played under how many coaches. Have you ever heard any controversies. Ahmed was introduced as the team captain in his presence. This was obviously a surprise to him which means it had never been discussed. If he had, Olise would have mentioned it. Looks like a coup to me. Quite a disrespectful way for someone who put in 13 years with that level of performance. So he is d coach means he can as well lie all of them flat and use koboko on them? He failed as a leader. He lost his MOTHER guys and it seems Olise never showed any concern. Even in our little offices with no national assignment, bosses show support for team members on occasion.
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Dejiemmanuel(m): 7:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
True leadership goes beyond paper qualifications. This coach still has a long way to go. I sincerely feel sorry for our national team.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) / Amaju Pinnick Snubs Gernot Rohr During AFCON Medal Presentation (Photos) / Drama As Footballers Chase Referee Abd Beat Him Mercilessly During Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.