Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis (47916 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Is "Sad And Pained" That She Won't Be In The Team Against France / Vincent Enyeama's Wife Speaks Up On His Retirement From Super Eagles / 'Oliseh Shuts Enyeama Up, Kicks Him Out Of Camp Today' - Muyiwa Lawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by freshvine(f): 2:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
Oliseh in damage control. Why will any serious being derobe an old and experienced player as Captain and crown a junior member of the team. It's a spiritual error to take order from a junior after tutoring him.

May I never find myself in such situation in Jesus name.

4 Likes

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Iamvictor(m): 2:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
Haha masi Oliseh even the most gullible man in the world will not believe this...
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by mescapee: 2:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
hardbody:
Why are u telling us all these Oliseh? He has gone and u are happy just carry on and leave us alone. We will be back here discussing when u fail to qualify us for the AFCON AND WOLRL CUP.

Till then all these one na hearsay...

no mind am
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by DTOBS(m): 2:22pm On Oct 09, 2015
Oliseh thinks Nigerians are fool. For the mere fact that we are fed up with the Super Eagle do not mean that we still don't like the team.
I don't expect oliseh to treat enyeama like a piece of shit! Managers dont do that,but obviously a coach does that!
Oliseh should learn from Sir Alex Ferguson, Carlo Ancelotti and Manuel Pellegrinni.
Running analysis on supersport do not say that you're/you will be a good manager.

#Olisehgrowup
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by caprini1: 2:22pm On Oct 09, 2015
GMan650:
I knew NFF made a mistake by appointing this guy, why on earth would you quarrel with your captain and hold a whole country on ransom by losing against DR Congo. I'm sure Enyeama would be having his last laugh now.
This isn't the end of this cos I'm sure other players will still talk and we should be able to deduce the truth from other players.
Funny enough ,Enyeama was very sad about the loss... watched him give a live Skype interview on a channels sports program last night...He also insisted that he wasn't treated well at all..so if he is termed as the clog in the teams progress,he had better quit, for the sake of Nigerian football.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by robosky02(m): 2:22pm On Oct 09, 2015
loksman:
I wonder when it became a crime for a player to seek permission from his coach to express himself. Oliseh was feeling arrogant...uhm...he was unsure of himself,he kinda wanted to stamp down his own authority but it came out the wrong way.

the key is people management

a good works man will know how to work or manage his tool

when you know you'll gain more from using his experience

put down ego, deal with the issue but dont lose the person

2 Likes

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
snowDiva:
oliseh...its ppl like u that deserve the poem "lie lie, pants on fire"

Enyeama deserves to air his views, he shouldn't be silenced.
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Soso990240(m): 2:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
Because u've gotten wat u wanted abi? grin
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Goke7: 2:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
loksman:
I wonder when it became a crime for a player to seek permission from his coach to express himself. Oliseh was feeling arrogant...uhm...he was unsure of himself,he kinda wanted to stamp down his own authority but it came out the wrong way.

I think you are one of the few guys who now clearly understand the issue, Oliseh truly was forming God but it backfired and nff has used it to achieve on of their long time aims to get rid of Enyeama because of his outspokenness.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by GMan650(m): 2:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
caprini1:
Funny enough ,Enyeama was very sad about the loss... watched him give a live Skype interview on a channels sports program last night...He also insisted that he wasn't treated well at all..so if he is termed as the clog in the teams progress,he had better quit, for the sake of Nigerian football.

I'm sure he only feigned the sadness so that Nigerians won't abuse him
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by robosky02(m): 2:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
Coach Sunday Oliseh Explains His Conflict With Vincent Enyeama

Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh has had a very eventful week to say the least. Between the fallout with goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama, and the 2-0 loss to DR Congo, the heat has been turned up on Oliseh.

In this interview with NFF media officer, Oluwatoyin Ibitoye, he has finally come out to tell his side of the story about his conflict with Enyeama, that saw the goalie leave camp, and then retire 24 hours later.

“Its puzzling really because it because to say the least I am very hurt, I am very disappointed at the character assassination that Vincent has taken on my personality as regards this issue. If you want to retire, retire. You don’t have to drag and lie and insult somebody who did nothing. I will take you down to when this thing. We called everybody to camp We invited 24 players and most of the players, infact even Mikel came in on Sunday Night. He was supposed to be here on Monday which was very good. and most of the players came in on Monday but I knew Vincent had gone for the burial ceremony of his mum, that he might come in late.
He came into camp on Tuesday afternoon by 5.20 or 5.30, just as the training was almost over he drove in from the airport and there are even pictures that we snapped of me hugging him because I was happy to see him back in camp.

http://jaguda.com/2015/10/09/video-coach-sunday-oliseh-explains-his-conflict-with-vincent-enyeama/

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by nationwide1(m): 2:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
Mprepz:
Enyeama did not try.... Am 4rm AkwaIbom and Enyeama was just too proud!
O boy, I'm not siding Enyeama all the way. Oliseh messed up big time too.

That's why they are called managers in Europe and not coaches because there is nothing you would teach these players. They are already professionals in their own rights.

The manager's work is to manage characters and emotions of players to ensure good results. Do you know when it comes to bad character, Cantona, Gatuso even slapped fans and referees yet coaches used them to achieve their aims - Did not send them home? What about Seedorf, Balotelli, Ronaldinho?

If you talk about management of a team, Oliseh is a school boy.

Leave mata for mattias bro?

5 Likes

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by SELENAqueensy(f): 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2015
Mprepz:
Enyeama did not try.... Am 4rm AkwaIbom and Enyeama was just too proud!

After Hearing from the both sides and seeing that their stories are different, why do u just assume Enyeama is at fault, why not wait till we hear from the third party(that's the player(s) that were around before handing the judgment?

1 Like

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by luvinhubby(m): 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Come on Oliseh......... Of course, you will label Enyeama "a liar" BUT THE TRUTH REMAINS THIS................

You did not do the right thing. You did not heed to courtesy and "common sense" which demanded that you communicated ur new captaincy plans to Enyeama in "private".

Enyeama, bound to be remembered by HISTORY as Nigeria's greatest ever goalie and Africa's finest between 2003-2015, finding out in "public" was wrong.

Had "this" been done, we won't have this CHAOS.

Now Nigeria is divided..... Oliseh and Enyeama camps are springing up everywhere......

No matter how all these happenings turn out................. History will always ask this, "WHY DIDN'T OLISEH MEET WITH ENYEAMA IN PRIVATE, AWAY FROM OTHERS' EYES AND EARS, AND COMMUNICATED HIS NEW PLANS? WHY DIDN'T HE GIVE ENYEAMA THIS RESPECT?"

Believe me, things would have turned "differently" on a positive scale.

Take it or leave it but HISTORY WILL ALWAYS POINT THIS OUT.....
Thank you.
Enyeama has been the official team captain, he is there with you in camp, if you want to depose him, be courteous enough to inform him privately as that was the first time he is resuming since Oliseh took over as the coach. It is senseless letting him know about his demotion at a public function with our ambassador.

Oliseh you are wrong.

8 Likes

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by caprini1: 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
GMan650:

Wicked grin
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by isaacbush1987: 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
Pls help me click on this. http://PayRefe.com/?ref=131811 I dey beg Una help oo
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Kbs468(m): 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
ffo:

please somebody should tell me, how many keepers do you invite to friendlies?

Every team has 3 goalkeepers incase of a red card and or injury. 1st keeper starts while only the 2nd keeper sit on the bench with the 3rd usually as traininig material with chance of making the bench in case of injury
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by GMan650(m): 2:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
caprini1:
Wicked grin
Yea, wicked truth

1 Like

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by dammytosh: 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
MadCow1:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2941741_sundayolisehq5zkl4d2hqwm1kp2xg6l72iqv2_jpeg2ce965cad66d3dcedaee076db4aaf526

Indeed its very sad how the whole debacle played out, but that said, you remain the teams Coach and the number 1 man in charge of the national team.

Enyeama is not bigger than the team. He may be a senior team member and may have put in some outstanding work over his time with the team all of which we are grateful for, but at this point, the team has got to move on.

I guess its time to find a new shot stopper for the National team.

I wish you luck in your career as the Head Team Manager of the National Team and pray your tenure brings us success.

Nuff with this Enyeama distractions, back to business.

God Bless us all.

Don't mind Enyema's 'short memoried' supporters.

How come he kept having problems with the past 4 coaches we have had.

He should go and sit down. Playing for Nigeria should be an honour not a task. Was e not paid for all the caps.
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by princejenks(m): 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
Having read from both sides,its clear the bone of contention here is the captainship of the senior team. Well, i think oliseh has a point about needing someone who still has some years to spend as captain but where he erred was how he went about it. I think he should have allowed enyeama to still be captain till he officially announces his retirement as a mark of honor for a player who has given his best in the field of play for some 13 years now. Both parties have their blame for allowing their egos get in the way but an oliseh should have acted maturely being the older of the two.
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by robosky02(m): 2:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
freshvine:
Oliseh in damage control. Why will any serious being derobe an old and experienced player as Captain and crown a junior member of the team. It's a spiritual error to take order from a junior after tutoring him.

thank you

some damage actually can not be controlled
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by andyanders: 2:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nonsense comment from Oliseh.

He messed up and that is black man for you in managing football.Egocentric attitude kills
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by ukukaegbu(m): 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
searching4love:
undecidedTHIS IS WHY WE ALWAYS OPPOSE IGBOS FROM ATTAINING LEADERSHIP POSITIONS IN THIS COUNTRY. SUNDAY OLISEH HAS NOT EVEN ATTAINED POLITICAL POWER YET BUT HIS ARROGANCE AND EGO HAS SCATTERED ALL THE UNITY OF THE TEAM undecided

What have u attained in your life?

3 Likes

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by mediachirps(m): 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
Every sector in Nigeria is 'politised'
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by advocates: 2:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
Oliseh remains the head coach and the least he expected at this point is this needless distraction. The situation may have been mismanaged, but I expect Enyeama to toe the path of tolerance and let the whole differences slide without bringing the coach to disrepute. Enyeama I love, but I'm solidly behind my coach to succeed.

The coach should see this as challenges he needs to overcome to forge ahead. Good things a times attract some measure of opposition that must be conquered.
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Kbs468(m): 2:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
GMan650:

Dont mind him. Even himself cannot stop the 2 goals against us. Was he not in goal when we couldnt quaify for 2015 AFCON?
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by greggng: 2:40pm On Oct 09, 2015
Is obvious that oliseh is lieing. How can vincent be unhappy over the invitation of a goal keeper? The truth is that oliseh mismanaged the situation. He should apologise to nigerians and beg eyeama to come back. He might be sacked if he keeps performing like morihno
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by dammytosh: 2:40pm On Oct 09, 2015
freshvine:

Is NEYMAR the most senior player in Brazil ?

Did anybody die ?

Was Messi the oldest when he took charge ?

Stop playing to Enyeama's sentimental rants.
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by nerodenero: 2:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
The same Oliseh that sent the Late Mark Aku out of his room... Godwin Enakhare of Topsport.

The same Oliseh that was stopped from 2002 World Cup for lack of discipline and due to this, he retired from International football. If this same issue had happened to Oliseh instead of Enyeama, trust Oliseh, he would have set the camp ablaze.

The same Oliseh that was sacked from Borrussia Dortmund for punching his team mate.

I think Enyeama is a saint compared to Oliseh. All I remember about Oliseh was his stunner against Spain in France 98 but I have plenty memories of Enyeama.

Under his watch, Mikel declined the captain's armband from Musa and same Oliseh is still talking. That's a signal that all isn't well.

101-54caps
Enyeama-Oliseh and Oliseh dey feel he owns EAGLES. Na Soldier go, soldier come, barrack dey kampe grin.

I give up on Oliseh's Eagles.

7 Likes

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by ZACHIE: 2:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
phollybee:
unintelligent, dull, brainless , obtuse, witless , dumb ,
foolish , futile , ill-advised , irrelevant, laughable,
ludicrous , naive, senseless , shortsighted , ,
trivial, dummy , loser, rash, thick , dazed , deficient ,
dense , dim , doltish, dopey , gullible , half-baked ,
half-witted , idiotic , imbecilic , inane , indiscreet ,
insensate, meaningless , mindless , moronic,
nonsensical, out to lunch, pointless , puerile, slow, sluggish , stolid, stupefied ,
thick-headed , unthinking,,, is there Other means to Qualify Oliseh ?

What's this one feeling like?
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by dammytosh: 2:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
greggng:
Is obvious that oliseh is lieing. How can vincent be unhappy over the invitation of a goal keeper? The truth is that oliseh mismanaged the situation. He should apologise to nigerians and beg eyeama to come back. He might be sacked if he keeps performing like morihno

Yes he can and i believe he is saying the truth.

This issue was resolved and the NFF President called for calm pending the time he join them.

How come NFF even read the retirement on Instagram ?

I listened to Oliseh's interview on brila FM and also listened to Enyeama's interview. I dnt think Oliseh is lieing.
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by princejenks(m): 2:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
searching4love:
undecidedTHIS IS WHY WE ALWAYS OPPOSE IGBOS FROM ATTAINING LEADERSHIP POSITIONS IN THIS COUNTRY. SUNDAY OLISEH HAS NOT EVEN ATTAINED POLITICAL POWER YET BUT HIS ARROGANCE AND EGO HAS SCATTERED ALL THE UNITY OF THE TEAM undecided
reading comments like this makes me wonder where we are going as a country if the youths that are more educated and enlightenede carry on premordial sentiments handed them by their forebears. What happened to treating this matter on its individual merit by criticizing the person involved rather than bringing tribe into it? Besides,in case you have not noticed,the tribe you are trying to malign has not been seating around waiting to be given such leadership positions on a platter but have been working assidiously by moving up the ladder in their various professions both home and abroad while you sit and whine over nothing.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) / Amaju Pinnick Snubs Gernot Rohr During AFCON Medal Presentation (Photos) / Drama As Footballers Chase Referee Abd Beat Him Mercilessly During Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.