Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,342 members, 7,829,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis (47964 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Is "Sad And Pained" That She Won't Be In The Team Against France / Vincent Enyeama's Wife Speaks Up On His Retirement From Super Eagles / 'Oliseh Shuts Enyeama Up, Kicks Him Out Of Camp Today' - Muyiwa Lawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Transformer999: 3:22pm On Oct 09, 2015
CAN YOU IMAGINE, YOU ASK HIM TO KEEP QUITE OR LEAVE THE ROOM, AND YET YOU SAID YOU DID NOT SEND HIM AWAY, HOW DO YOU TRANSLATES "LEAVE THE ROOM IN YOUR LANGUAGE"?
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Chubhie: 3:22pm On Oct 09, 2015
Mprepz:
Enyeama did not try.... Am 4rm AkwaIbom and Enyeama was just too proud!
Enyeama used to be as humble as a lamb when he was upcoming. Now Eagles most capped player and captain coupled with being the best keeper in french league.

All the fans love him so he grew some wings and challenged NFF on why a match was fixed at Kaduna. He knew he was invincible and untouchable hence can toy with NFF. Oliseh has his own track record of kolomentality. This is a case of two captains in one ship. Oliseh did the right thing to cut him to size.

How do you explain your captain withdrawing from important matches at the last minute without any cogent explanation? I want oliseh to also treat Moses case properly.

I'm with oliseh in building the team around musa. This is a team for the future. Oliseh has good plans and knows what he's doing. He has my support.

1 Like

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by kobonaire(m): 3:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
It was a pass from Mikel Obi to Victor Moses that set up the winning goal for the 2018 World Cup final and as I shouted "goal" ..... I woke up!
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Soso990240(m): 3:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
dammytosh:

Is NEYMAR the most senior player in Brazil ?

Did anybody die ?

Was Messi the oldest when he took charge ?

Stop playing to Enyeama's sentimental rants.
Neymar was d best performin brazillian both at home and in Europe..Messi was d World best player and Argentina best player b4 becomin d captain.Classify Musa please.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by repogirl(f): 3:28pm On Oct 09, 2015
Abeg Oliseh should stop lying jare!

Why is it now that Enyeama will have issues with a coach meanwhile, we know your track record Oliseh!

You were captain of yourteam when they were dishonourably disbanded, you even had issues in your own club and unlike Enyeamah, you are not respected!

So I will believe Enyeamah over you every time!angry

Appointing Musa as captain is just you sucking up to your honourable President Buhari as you called him and other NFF bosses, and very soon, the same people you are sucking up to will be the ones to dismiss you because you have begun on a horrible note and you cannot succeed this way!angry
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Kbs468(m): 3:30pm On Oct 09, 2015
ffo:

i guess you are talking about competition. now i am referring to friendlies

That is the requirement for every football game as far it is match approve by FIFA and organised by other football governing bodies. Infact the reason for inviting Dele Alampasu and others based in oversea in the last hour was because the Belgium embassy in Nigeria's refusal to grant the home based players Visas on time including the goalkeeper who had to stay back in Nigeria to join his colleagues preparing for the CHAN qualifiers presently camping in P/H if i am not mistaken.
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by zone12(m): 3:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Come on Oliseh......... Of course, you will label Enyeama "a liar" BUT THE TRUTH REMAINS THIS................

You did not do the right thing. You did not heed to courtesy and "common sense" which demanded that you communicated ur new captaincy plans to Enyeama in "private".

Enyeama, bound to be remembered by HISTORY as Nigeria's greatest ever goalie and Africa's finest between 2003-2015, finding out in "public" was wrong.

Had "this" been done, we won't have this CHAOS.

Now Nigeria is divided..... Oliseh and Enyeama camps are springing up everywhere......

No matter how all these happenings turn out................. History will always ask this, "WHY DIDN'T OLISEH MEET WITH ENYEAMA IN PRIVATE, AWAY FROM OTHERS' EYES AND EARS, AND COMMUNICATED HIS NEW PLANS? WHY DIDN'T HE GIVE ENYEAMA THIS RESPECT?"

Believe me, things would have turned out "differently" on a positive scale.

Take it or leave it but HISTORY WILL ALWAYS POINT THIS OUT.....
Abasi Udiong!
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
both of them are Igbos, so what is your point?

By the way Oliseh has always been the kind of player that always fights and quarrels, so this kind of thing is not surprising.

searching4love:
undecidedTHIS IS WHY WE ALWAYS OPPOSE IGBOS FROM ATTAINING LEADERSHIP POSITIONS IN THIS COUNTRY. SUNDAY OLISEH HAS NOT EVEN ATTAINED POLITICAL POWER YET BUT HIS ARROGANCE AND EGO HAS SCATTERED ALL THE UNITY OF THE TEAM undecided
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by dammytosh: 3:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
Soso990240:
Please,Tell me anoda coach Enyeama had problems wit..apart frm Siasia(mr knw all)..who had problm wit d team,and nt only enyeama. Give me a link to d story or stop deceiving people.

1. Berti Vogts - Threw him out of camp

2. Siasia - Costed us Nations Cup and

3. Keshi + NFF

4. Now Oliseh.

I hope that answers your question.
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Nwaisuochi(m): 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
searching4love:
undecidedTHIS IS WHY WE ALWAYS OPPOSE IGBOS FROM ATTAINING LEADERSHIP POSITIONS IN THIS COUNTRY. SUNDAY OLISEH HAS NOT EVEN ATTAINED POLITICAL POWER YET BUT HIS ARROGANCE AND EGO HAS SCATTERED ALL THE UNITY OF THE TEAM undecided
You are a compound fool! He is now an igboman because you want to bring him down and when it suits you politically you will say Delta igbos aren't igbos! Chameleons! Let Biafra be, you will start having convulsions, idiots!
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by repogirl(f): 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
TeeOw:

Oliseh said he is not Igbo, his words!angry
https://www.nairaland.com/2496962/biafra-shocker-sunday-oliseh-refused

And enyeanma is not be Igbo, you people just lump all the people from east and south together. Na wa o.
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Asiwaju9ja(m): 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
snowDiva:
oliseh...its ppl like u that deserve the poem "lie lie, pants on fire"

All of una just dey allow sentiments becloud una reasoning. How can Enyeam Challenge his Coach? Una parents no teach una manners? This Corruption(illegal behaviour) really ate into our psyche as a nation. No one is bigger than the Super Eagles. I don talk am b4 say he had beef b4 bothering on Carl Ikeme b4 Dem bring Alampasu matter? Super Eagle positions no be birth right including the coach. This is Coach Oliseh's time. John Terry no go internet or the tabliods go diss Mourinho. Enyeama went too far as to have an altercation with his coach. He no get respect. This is common with many nairalanders as I have come to see.

1 Like

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by kelabok(m): 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
[quote author=searching4love post=38818351] undecidedTHIS IS WHY WE ALWAYS OPPOSE IGBOS FROM ATTAINING LEADERSHIP POSITIONS IN THIS COUNTRY. SUNDAY OLISEH HAS NOT EVEN ATTAINED POLITICAL POWER YET BUT HIS ARROGANCE AND EGO HAS SCATTERED ALL THE UNITY OF THE TEAM undecided[/quote
Bros! I idiot for being this tribalistic about a national issue. It is men like you that have always kept us away from succès as a nation. Was Keshi not an igbo man or is he from your village.

1 Like

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Neplusultra(f): 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
Am so sad cos this guy has been very loyal
Why all this now?
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by kelabok(m): 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
[quote author=searching4love post=38818351] undecidedTHIS IS WHY WE ALWAYS OPPOSE IGBOS FROM ATTAINING LEADERSHIP POSITIONS IN THIS COUNTRY. SUNDAY OLISEH HAS NOT EVEN ATTAINED POLITICAL POWER YET BUT HIS ARROGANCE AND EGO HAS SCATTERED ALL THE UNITY OF THE TEAM undecided[/quote
Bros! You be idiot for being this tribalistic about a national issue. It is men like you that have always kept us away from succès as a nation. Was Keshi not an igbo man or is he from your village.
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by TheSonOfMark(m): 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
TeeOw:

[size=18pt]Enyeama is from Ika L.G.A in AKWAIBOM STATE! Enyeama isn't Igbo!
♦ ⚡⚡⚡
[/size]

1 Like

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Neplusultra(f): 3:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Come on Oliseh......... Of course, you will label Enyeama "a liar" BUT THE TRUTH REMAINS THIS................

You did not do the right thing. You did not heed to courtesy and "common sense" which demanded that you communicated ur new captaincy plans to Enyeama in "private".

Enyeama, bound to be remembered by HISTORY as Nigeria's greatest ever goalie and Africa's finest between 2003-2015, finding out in "public" was wrong.

Had "this" been done, we won't have this CHAOS.

Now Nigeria is divided..... Oliseh and Enyeama camps are springing up everywhere......

No matter how all these happenings turn out................. History will always ask this, "WHY DIDN'T OLISEH MEET WITH ENYEAMA IN PRIVATE, AWAY FROM OTHERS' EYES AND EARS, AND COMMUNICATED HIS NEW PLANS? WHY DIDN'T HE GIVE ENYEAMA THIS RESPECT?"

Believe me, things would have turned out "differently" on a positive scale.

Take it or leave it but HISTORY WILL ALWAYS POINT THIS OUT.....
You are a wise person
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Goke7: 3:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
Transformer999:
CAN YOU IMAGINE, YOU ASK HIM TO KEEP QUITE OR LEAVE THE ROOM, AND YET YOU SAID YOU DID NOT SEND HIM AWAY, HOW DO YOU TRANSLATES "LEAVE THE ROOM IN YOUR LANGUAGE"?

are u surprised? oliseh as a player once ask a sports minister to leave his room, I said ealier on another thread thatonly kids on nairaland who did not know Oliseh as a player will think He is a disciplined coach smsh
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by kelabok(m): 3:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nwaisuochi:
You are a compound fool! He is now an igboman because you want to bring him down and when it suits you politically you will say Delta igbos aren't igbos! Chameleons! Let Biafra be, you will start having convulsions, idiots!
Bros! You are an idiot for being tribalistic about this matter. It is because of people like you that different stereotype continues to fly around. Continue to expose your folly for the general public to see.
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by eshietIntrepid(m): 3:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
Enyeama decided to leave camp on Thursday following the invitation of young goalkeeper Dele Alampasu as back up for the two goalkeepers in case of any injuries. Oliseh said

Three keepers for just one friendly?
Enyeama left after the third keeper was invited sound as childish excuse from oliseh because none of them was that threat to him.
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by yorke1: 3:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
Liar. Oliseh no try! Vincent still remain a hero.
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
modestdude:
Is your mother still alive? I pray what befell Enyeama not to befall you.

Dude I don't need you prayers!!! Just stay on ur lane!
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by henryhemon(m): 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
GMan650:
I knew NFF made a mistake by appointing this guy, why on earth would you quarrel with your captain and hold a whole country on ransom by losing against DR Congo. I'm sure Enyeama would be having his last laugh now.
This isn't the end of this cos I'm sure other players will still talk and we should be able to deduce the truth from other players.

Thiago Silva was removed as brazil captain replaced by neymar,no fuss about it, messi was made the captain over mascherano no fuss about it but in a country filled with sentiments that's where you get comments like this. Oliseh is the coach he deserves all the right to chose his captain. Every where in developed countries if I chose to name a rookie as a captain everyone abides by it but here that we claim we know all we still fail.
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Neplusultra(f): 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
freshvine:
Oliseh in damage control. Why will any serious being derobe an old and experienced player as Captain and crown a junior member of the team. It's a spiritual error to take order from a junior after tutoring him.

May I never find myself in such situation in Jesus name.
Hahaha!!! Amen ooo grin
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by slyng(m): 3:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
Not too surprise with comments from fellow nairalanders.probably u ve not once been employed in an organised setting before... A BOSS IS ALWAYS A BOSS ... My first quarter with oando was a perfect casestudy. I've learnt.
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
porrigeyam:
Both d coach and the former captain are suffering from a chronic disease called "pride"

Dont Quote me anywhere angry

I'm sorry sir but I had to quote you because you said nothing but the absolute TRUTH!
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Charleschidera(m): 3:49pm On Oct 09, 2015
searching4love:

Sorry for yourself for calling Igbo...... Let me not insult you shaa..... Aboki
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 09, 2015
Enyeama said korokoro that you never informed him you were taking the captain band away from him, that's disrespectful Oga oliseh. He is a man with kids, not a boy in academy.

1 Like

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by autonomous12(m): 3:49pm On Oct 09, 2015
[/color][color=#770077] undecided cryoliseh or oloshi any name he call himself,after attainin all d coachin qualificatn yet a disgrace to first coachin xperience.13yrs xperience n 1 month coachin xperience,haba der is God ooooooooo....omo Igbo cryoliseh or oloshi any name he call himself,after attainin all d coachin qualificatn yet a disgrace to first coachin xperience.13yrs xperience n 1 month coachin xperience,haba der is God ooooooooo....omo Igbo
Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by kelabok(m): 3:52pm On Oct 09, 2015
Asiwaju9ja:

All of una just dey allow sentiments becloud una reasoning. How can Enyeam Challenge his Coach? Una parents no teach una manners? This Corruption(illegal behaviour) really ate into our psyche as a nation. No one is bigger than the Super Eagles. I don talk am b4 say he had beef b4 bothering on Carl Ikeme b4 Dem bring Alampasu matter? Super Eagle positions no be birth right including the coach. This is Coach Oliseh's time. John Terry no go internet or the tabliods go diss Mourinho. Enyeama went too far as to have an altercation with his coach. He no get respect. This is common with many nairalanders as I have come to see.
My dear, some I'll trained Nigerians like #searching4love will not understand what discipline entails. Enyeama thought that the national team was his birth right. I hate attaching tribalism to social discuss. The coach remains the coach and any one who is not at home with that should be shown the door. Your length of service should not be a reason to be bullish to your superiors. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by Don4eva(m): 3:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
searching4love:
keep opposing them dude, you'll never get a life. Ara ewu

1 Like

Re: ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis by pinkygee1: 3:58pm On Oct 09, 2015
person just burry him mum u remove captain frm am .oliseh u b devil.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Hakimi Achraf Is Not My Hero - Charles Awuzie Says, Slams Reno Omokri / USA Players Celebrate After Winning 2019 Women's World Cup (Photos) / Luis Suarez Slams Barcelona Teammates After Defeat To Liverpool In The Champions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.