Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,047 members, 7,828,685 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4799076 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) (1153) (1154) ... (5699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eemjay17(m): 4:30pm On Nov 25, 2018
Lol... Asin, over quiet. I hope one is able get a car there sha... Lagos I the real deal.
Ogbunigwe2018:

I also stay in Garki. Our Abuja thread is very quiet.
But theres a higher probability of getting a car there.

Reason I jumped over here is cos of much juice on this Lagos thread.
So many Lagos boys I want to meet with.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Toseenlove: 5:31pm On Nov 25, 2018
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Insistent: 6:56pm On Nov 25, 2018
Hello everyone,

Please has anyone seen this message on the app??! If yes, his did you resolve it?!

My app started to misbehave in the middle of a ride to the airport. I actually thought the problem was with my phone because it kept going off when I tried to restart the uber app. I couldn't even calculate the riders fare or end that trip. Had to explain to the rider that my phone was going off by itself. To ensure I got paid i just told the rider to pay N3500 and when he said it was too much I explains that its actually N4k for airport trips but I'm only charging him 3k cos he never requested an offline trip. We agreed that I would make a complaint about it so they could put any refund of the fare on his acct. Luckily he had to agree cos of time.

When I rebooted the phone and finally got the app to open I got this notice. Please advise.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Insistent: 7:07pm On Nov 25, 2018
Please is anyone else getting emails asking telling them their national ID has expired and asking them to upload a new one to avoid getting blocked?? My National ID has not expired o!

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 7:21pm On Nov 25, 2018
SUPPLYSNAIL:
Toyota Camry 2004 car V6 up for uber/taxify call 07037327327, 07052598810

Everybody eye is red, the business has been saturated with lots of cars, drivers making weekly delivery are not consistent with their payment again even with 4plug engine

Pls get a 4plug engine to find a driver easily or drive the car your self

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2018
Insistent:
Hello everyone,

Please has anyone seen this message on the app??! If yes, his did you resolve it?!

My app started to misbehave in the middle of a ride to the airport. I actually thought the problem was with my phone because it kept going off when I tried to restart the uber app. I couldn't even calculate the riders fare or end that trip. Had to explain to the rider that my phone was going off by itself. To ensure I got paid i just told the rider to pay N3500 and when he said it was too much I explains that its actually N4k for airport trips but I'm only charging him 3k cos he never requested an offline trip. We agreed that I would make a complaint about it so they could put any refund of the fare on his acct. Luckily he had to agree cos of time.

When I rebooted the phone and finally got the app to open I got this notice. Please advise.

seems like your account is logged in on another phone. Change your password

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 25, 2018
pooozeee:

Everybody eye is red, the business has been saturated with lots of cars, drivers making weekly delivery are not consistent with their payment again even with 4plug engine

Pls get a 4plug engine to find a driver easily or drive the car your self

What then should he do with this? Best thing is to give it out at a reasonable rental fee
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:35pm On Nov 25, 2018
lagostaxiguy:

What then should he do with this? Best thing is to give it out at a reasonable rental fee

best to sell, there's no reasonable fee for a V6 camry 2003.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 11:23pm On Nov 25, 2018
lagostaxiguy:

Suggest a reasonable rental fee...

I'm with Gazzuzz on this one, there is no reasonable rental fee for a V6 in this business.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hanifah04(f): 5:33am On Nov 26, 2018
Do you own a car?
Do you own or manage a fleet of cars?
Are you a driver or partner on uber/taxify Platforms?
Do you want to manage your risk and avoid story that touch the heart? Then you need the following on your car;
Protection against fire and theft
Protection against accidental damage and third party property damage
Compensation on loss of personal effect
Settlement of medical expenses resulting from accident
All you need is a Comprehensive Insurance cover to manage your risk. To know more on what best cover is good for your car(s), kindly reach out to;

Folakemi 08027129465
Shittu 07056213630

Consultation is totally free.

We are Financial Advisors, we offer Insurance Services, we help you manage your risk
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 26, 2018
styveke:

Suggest a reasonable rental fee...

I'm with Gazzuzz on this one, there is no reasonable rental fee for a V6 in this business.

Lol, who am I to suggest a fee. I have no experience using v6 on the platform but I am sure you won't necessarily run at a loss, maybe reduced profit compared to others.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1johnjohn(m): 7:16am On Nov 26, 2018
lagostaxiguy:

Yes but you must attach a passport photo to it and a valid identity card with same details.

It was not accepted from me
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 7:29am On Nov 26, 2018
In other news...

We driver-partners have unanimously decided to embark on a sit at home warning strike today Monday 26th Nov. 2018. This is to pass a message to your company that we are not in support of the way we are treated in the e-transport industry. The recent reduction in fare has not been taken in at all by us, and that is the reason for our SIT AT HOME WARNING STRIKE.
The followings are what we want the management to work on:

OUR GRIEVANCES
Note that we are graduates and we did not go to school on credit. Therefore we deserve better treatment.
We render executive services to all your riders, ie(full A/C, super sound system etc). We take insults, we condole riders misbehavior and misconduct, yet we take them to their destinations safely with a smile. All these at ridiculous prices. Let these riders board 'danfos' without A/C or yellow cab without A/C and high charges. Then riders will understand the true meaning of comfort.
Our grievances are;

1. Blocking of driver's accounts without listening to the drivers' side of story. This is barbaric and callous.

2. Frustrating and enslaving fares. If we were truly partners, we would be informed before decisions that affect our earnings are made. Riders are even surprised and bewildered concerning the low fares.

3. Exorbitant percentage (15%) of commission. No e-transport company should take more than 10% of commission.

4. No free will choice of kind of riders to render services to.

5. Rating: this should be a means for riders to determine who is more likely to serve them best.

6. Loss of dignity as drivers carry low live riders that could not in their wildest dreams enter a polished car, insult drivers and make horrific demands.

7. Riders request to carry heavy and dirty luggages at ridiculous prices as luggage fare are not attached. These damages and weakens our car suspensions.

8. High amount of car rent from car owner and tough maintenance conditions

9. Security: there are high risks as pertained to rider's notion. These get greater daily and nothing is practically done to monetize and mitigate the risk.

OUR CHALLENGES

1. Riders take us to dead zones mostly at nights at the detriment of our lives.

2. High cost of car maintenance (i.e, air conditioner, alignment, servicing, etc.)

3. High rate of car insurance

OUR DEMANDS
It is so common and obvious to the sense of every human being that comfort/good life comes with a price (ie. its not cheap). Our services are expected to be executive, and not for pepper sellers or low class people.
We therefore demand that, henceforth, as driver-partners that you call us, 'PARTNERS' in quote
a). that driver-partners must be contacted before any decision in the company is made. We are partners, and that make us stakeholders in the company.
b). that your commission be reduced to 10% charges or less.
c). that your tariff be increased to #85/km and #13/mins as we are facing alot of traffic challenges, especially in Lagos. And we burn more fuel than what we earn at the end of the day.
d). that the so much accolades given to the riders, making them feel like gods and goddess be reduced to the barest minimum
e). that the way driver-partners are tossed around like mere errand boys, working day and night to achieve your set goals and objectives be corrected and amended.

OUR AGREEMENT
We the driver-partners have unanimously agreed that after 21 days of this warning strike slated today, if our demands are not met, we are going to jointly decide to move to other e-transport company that are new and ready to meet our demands. We will also canvass our clients which are your riders to move to the new company to get a better services. And that's how we will crash your stay in this country. This will make you understand the power we have as driver-partners on any e-transport company.

OUR CONCLUSION
We hereby wait for your swift response in treating our request within the next 21 days without any further delay.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 7:40am On Nov 26, 2018
styveke:
In other news...

We driver-partners have unanimously decided to embark on a sit at home warning strike today Monday 26th Nov. 2018. This is to pass a message to your company that we are not in support of the way we are treated in the e-transport industry. The recent reduction in fare has not been taken in at all by us, and that is the reason for our SIT AT HOME WARNING STRIKE.

OUR GRIEVANCES
Note that we are graduates and we did not go to school on credit. Therefore we deserve better treatment.
We render executive services to all your riders, ie(full A/C, super sound system etc). We take insults, we condole riders misbehavior and misconduct, yet we take them to their destinations safely with a smile. All these at ridiculous prices. Let these riders board 'danfos' without A/C or yellow cab without A/C and high charges. Then riders will understand the true meaning of comfort.
Our grievances are;

1. Blocking of driver's accounts without listening to the drivers' side of story. This is barbaric and callous.

2. Frustrating and enslaving fares. If we were truly partners, we would be informed before decisions that affect our earnings are made. Riders are even surprised and bewildered concerning the low fares.

3. Exorbitant percentage (15%) of commission. No e-transport company should take more than 10% of commission.

5. Rating: this should be a means for riders to determine who is more likely to serve them best.

6. Loss of dignity as drivers carry low live riders that could not in their wildest dreams enter a polished car, insult drivers and make horrific demands.

7. Riders request to carry heavy and dirty luggages at ridiculous prices as luggage fare are not attached. These damages and weakens our car suspensions.

9. Security: there are high risks as pertained to rider's notion. These get greater daily and nothing is practically done to monetize and mitigate the risk.

OUR CHALLENGES

2. High cost of car maintenance (i.e, air conditioner, alignment, servicing, etc.)

OUR DEMANDS
It is so common and obvious to the sense of every human being that comfort/good life comes with a price (ie. its not cheap). Our services are expected to be executive, and not for pepper sellers or low class people.
We therefore demand that, henceforth, as driver-partners that you call us, 'PARTNERS' in quote
a). that driver-partners must be contacted before any decision in the company is made. We are partners, and that make us stakeholders in the company.
c). that your tariff be increased to #85/km and #13/mins as we are facing alot of traffic challenges, especially in Lagos. And we burn more fuel than what we earn at the end of the day.
d). that the so much accolades given to the riders, making them feel like gods and goddess be reduced to the barest minimum
e). that the way driver-partners are tossed around like mere errand boys, working day and night to achieve your set goals and objectives be corrected and amended.

OUR AGREEMENT
We the driver-partners have unanimously agreed that after 21 days of this warning strike slated today, if our demands are not met, we are going to jointly decide to move to other e-transport company that are new and ready to meet our demands. We will also canvass our clients which are your riders to move to the new company to get a better services. And that's how we will crash your stay in this country. This will make you understand the power we have as driver-partners on any e-transport company.

OUR CONCLUSION
We hereby wait for your swift response in treating our request within the next 21 days without any further delay.

My own strike don start since Monday afternoon until they complete the fare review theye are doing on my account and pay me.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BayoManuels01: 8:08am On Nov 26, 2018
Last Week was also a good time for me as I rounded up to support the strike today
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BayoManuels01: 8:13am On Nov 26, 2018
Last week was a good week for me as I rounded up to join today's proposed strike

Please o, I'm now in search of Hire Purchase Vehicle o,
Been on the platform for over a year. No issues with delivery not even for once.

Here's my (whatsapp) number 08066512335

I have down payment to start with if you have a good deal for me

Have a great Week Great Pilots

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:55am On Nov 26, 2018
styveke:
In other news...

OUR GRIEVANCES
Our grievances are;

OUR CHALLENGES

OUR DEMANDS

OUR AGREEMENT

OUR CONCLUSION

Damn right, I support this, but how about other drivers? Many times we forget we all need each other, the penny you are going to make this week won't last forever

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by LCWind(m): 9:20am On Nov 26, 2018
Please, are you a taxify driver and currently online? Kindly post your current location here, I need to get to taxify office now. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 9:23am On Nov 26, 2018
Can You imagine...

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 9:37am On Nov 26, 2018
Hello everyone,
If you applied for the screens, responses have been sent out by email to applicants who passed the first screening stage.
If you did not get an email, it means you did not pass the first screening. However, you application is still valid and may be be considered at a later time.

If you haven't applied, do so here
Cheers.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by LCWind(m): 9:46am On Nov 26, 2018
Happy New Week my fellow colleagues.

THE HASHTAG FOR TODAY'S WARNING STRIKEACTION .

IS OPERATION DOWN TOOLS.

Meaning,no demostrations of any kind by mobilising drivers to match down to either Uber's or Taxify's at any point in time to day.

This approach is called, "OPERATIONS SIT AT HOME OR AT YOUR COMFORT ZONES", am be requesting other colleagues through your riders app by way of sensatising them to join the campaign for liberty and justice and we should all make sure,we upload the screenshot of each drivers you request to all the groups we belong to,with proper sense of decorum.

Let us all be clear,that this strike warning does not only arrogated to TAXIFY alone ,but also UBER.

This are the two giant companies ,that gain the popularity through our hard labour with often five ⭐to make their platforms to flourish and acceptable by our community , due to our partnership understanding with them,but unfortunately, they both show us outright disappointment by reducing our service to notting to recorned with and treat us like garbages.

They so ridiculously demean our service by way of selling us sheep to the consumers (riders) through unreasonable service charges fee ,that would make any unguided element to patronise our service.

We have to call "A SPADE A SPADE" enough of this shenanigans approach,enough of this mediocrity, self [/b]centeredness of UBER AND TAXIFY,they are the major cause of this problems through their price tussle,that supposed to be base on the best promo offers to consumers through their commission drawn out of our earnings.

We of Drivers Partners Alliance of Lagos State (PEDPALS) are in for liberty and justice and we say no to unfairness and hill treatment melted on us by this wicked APP COMPANIES CALLED UBER &TAXIFY. THANK YOU ALL

Comrade Idris oluwaseun of Professional E-hailing Drivers Partners Alliance Lagos State (PEDPALS).

[b]COPIED

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Typsy: 9:50am On Nov 26, 2018
Good day all... Please I’m in need of drivers for a Uber/Taxify. I would prefer people who stay around Berger, Maryland, ketu, ogba axis... Please send a message on WhatsApp to 08129927675 if interested. Thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Enyinne(f): 10:08am On Nov 26, 2018
I'm sure ur kidding .I pity the person that will fall into ur trap .After misusing so many cars and running ur fraudulent fleet company .Dont allow me drop ur full data online as am capable.Continue using 3 monikers to look for hire purchase

quote author=BayoManuels01 post=73309665]Last week was a good week for me as I rounded up to join today's proposed strike

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bellamoney(m): 10:32am On Nov 26, 2018
Guys,shebi if drivers are striking,there is suppose to be surge,me,I don dey for Lekki for more than 1hr,no surge,no beep and strike come they....**some drivers will shout in forum and do online strike but they will silently be edging on TAXIFY.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by LCWind(m): 10:53am On Nov 26, 2018
Bellamoney:
Guys,shebi if drivers are striking,there is suppose to be surge,me,I don dey for Lekki for more than 1hr,no surge,no beep and strike come they....**some drivers will shout in forum and do online strike but they will silently be edging on TAXIFY.

The strike was a bit impromptu though making a little impact. Future strike could be more disruptive to taxify if they continue to treat their drivers with disdain.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bellamoney(m): 11:03am On Nov 26, 2018
LCWind:

The strike was a bit impromptu though making a little impact. Future strike could be more disruptive to taxify if they continue to treat their drivers with disdain.
this one na those ibo boys surge be this...I was in agungi for 30mins....I dey see the tomatoes surge but beep no show.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slaiojel4u(m): 11:14am On Nov 26, 2018
I am sure the car dat made you this money is dead by now....no wonder you are searching for hire purchase vehicles to WRECK other cars...Where is your conscience? �

BayoManuels01:
Last week was a good week for me as I rounded up to join today's proposed strike

Been on the platform for over a year. No issues with delivery not even for once.

Here's my (whatsapp) number 08066512335

I have down payment to start with if you have a good deal for me

Have a great Week Great Pilots

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 11:29am On Nov 26, 2018
Strike continua!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 11:34am On Nov 26, 2018
Slaiojel4u:
I am sure the car dat made you this money is dead by now....no wonder you are searching for hire purchase vehicles to WRECK other cars...Where is your conscience? �

What's wrong with him looking for hire purchase deal. In as much as there is an agreement and initial deposit. The owner is on a safer side.

If anyone can make good earnings every week. I will suggest he sticks to HP and own his/her car
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Insistent: 12:30pm On Nov 26, 2018
The group is weirdly dry today. I wonder why?

Please I need recommendations from this who have direct experience with alternative ride sharing apps like Oga Taxi, Taxi and RideMe etc.

Please are drivers on these apps making money? How many rides do they get a day on average.

I don't want to clog up my phone with apps that wont bring a reasonable number of daily trips my way.

Please advise.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 26, 2018
Insistent:
The group is weirdly dry today. I wonder why?

Please I need recommendations from this who have direct experience with alternative ride sharing apps like Oga Taxi, Taxi and RideMe etc.

Please are drivers on these apps making money? How many rides do they get a day on average.

I don't want to clog up my phone with apps that wont bring a reasonable number of daily trips my way.

Please advise.
How did you solve the issue with Uber.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 12:38pm On Nov 26, 2018
Might not be in full support of the reason for the strike, buh am with you guys, Taxify done too Mumu, the only compensation we get for our time and insult we receive all day was taken away.
That time I got blocked, I went to there office to reason with them, that it doesn't make sense that, I don't ever ever reject card trip, they should check my record, the customer care rep was just running her mouth up and down telling me that Taxify doesn't lie, i got tired and didn't want to argue with her, so I left. STRIKE on brothers. Please we need new app asap, so we can start diverting riders to that one.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) (1153) (1154) ... (5699) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.