Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4730481 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1285) (1286) (1287) (1288) (1289) (1290) (1291) ... (5688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lukaf17(m): 9:31pm On Jan 23, 2019
Please l need a car for rental locations can deliver 30k no story line can be reach on 08025453730 am registed on both uber and taxify
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Alvin007: 9:45pm On Jan 23, 2019
Alvin007:

Ok sir...
One question...what makes the oil automatically become thick and later become light..like you claim? Is there a component inside the oil that does this? Or is it inside the engine? You just believe you know it all...don’t you?
Here is Franksam009 ...after the above questions...
very daft being!

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:15pm On Jan 23, 2019
Richdee1:

Dru23 comman answer...

I don't know much about Honda city... but Honda civic from 03 to 05 is very good for uber.. I have three civics so far, very strong engine wise .. Just make sure you do regular maintenance good oil like Mobil 1 and coolant

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 10:15pm On Jan 23, 2019
Alvin007:

very daft being!
lolz grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 10:23pm On Jan 23, 2019
Alvin007:

very daft being!
engine oils are made with different chemicals, minerals , addictives, petroleum-base-hydrocarbon, organic compounds, polyalphaolefins, hydrogen and mixtures of other various proportions, please get yourself educated and stop underestimating the whites Biko
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 10:29pm On Jan 23, 2019
Alvin007:

Ok sir...
One question...what makes the oil automatically become thick and later become light..like you claim? Is there a component inside the oil that does this? Or is it inside the engine? You just believe you know it all...don’t you?
u are talking about common engine oil, what makes a themostat automatically opens and closes on it's own, if the whites didn't think of that ehh, in 200years to come will a Nigerian think of thermostat? This guys have labs and work tirelessly day and night upgrading and inventing new stuffs
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Alvin007: 10:29pm On Jan 23, 2019
franksam2009:
engine oils are made with different chemicals, minerals , addictives, petroleum-base-hydrocarbon, organic compounds, polyalphaolefins, hydrogen and mixtures of other various proportions, please get yourself educated and stop underestimating the whites Biko
This still doesn’t answer my questions sir. You said the oil automatically becomes light...and later thick..bros..how?
It doesn’t ‘automatically’ become light. It stays as it is...except when it losses viscosity over time..the viscosity was made to withstand both extreme temperature...it doesn’t automatically ‘switch’ from thick to thin. It remains what it is!

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Alvin007: 10:33pm On Jan 23, 2019
franksam2009:
u are talking about common engine oil, what makes a themostat automatically opens and closes on it's own, if the whites didn't think of that ehh, in 200years to come will a Nigerian think of thermostat? This guys have labs and work tirelessly day and night upgrading and inventing new stuffs
You’re comparing the job of a Thermostat to that of an engine oil?
Haa!

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Alvin007: 10:41pm On Jan 23, 2019
Viscosity is a measure of the resistance of a fluid’s flow. The thicker (high viscosity) of an oil, the slower it will flow.

Most oils on the shelves today are "Multigrades", which simply means that the oil falls into two viscosity grades (i.e. 10W-40 etc). In a 10W-40 for example the 10W bit (W = winter) simply means that the oil must have a certain maximum viscosity or flow at low temperature. The lower the "W" number the better the oil's cold temperature performance.

The 40 in a 10W-40 simply means that the oil must fall within certain viscosity limits at 100°C. This is a fixed limit and all oils that end in 40 must achieve these limits. Once again the lower the number, the thinner the oil: for example, a 30 oil is thinner than a 40 oil at 100°C
Source; https://www.mobil1.co.uk/learning-centre/car-care/engine-oil-faq.aspx?p=2

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 10:52pm On Jan 23, 2019
mabeni:
How good is Honda city for e-hailling business?
The perfect ride especially now that fares are low cool[color=#006600][/color].. Make sure it is clean and sound.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 10:55pm On Jan 23, 2019
Alvin007:
Viscosity is a measure of the resistance of a fluid’s flow. The thicker (high viscosity) of an oil, the slower it will flow.

Most oils on the shelves today are "Multigrades", which simply means that the oil falls into two viscosity grades (i.e. 10W-40 etc). In a 10W-40 for example the 10W bit (W = winter) simply means that the oil must have a certain maximum viscosity or flow at low temperature. The lower the "W" number the better the oil's cold temperature performance.

The 40 in a 10W-40 simply means that the oil must fall within certain viscosity limits at 100°C. This is a fixed limit and all oils that end in 40 must achieve these limits. Once again the lower the number, the thinner the oil: for example, a 30 oil is thinner than a 40 oil at 100°C
Source; https://www.mobil1.co.uk/learning-centre/car-care/engine-oil-faq.aspx?p=2
I swear u are not well grin grin grin, is this not the exact same thing I said that made u start all this argument? Finally google have help ur life bro lolz grin, Don't argue when u are unsure of something

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 12:06am On Jan 24, 2019
Franksam2009 is right. Viscosity does change with temperature. You will recall that temperature changes make the same matter (ice, water, steam) to change form. I studied Chemical Engineering in OAU Ife. But just so you can be sure, google "does viscosity change with temperature?"
Alvin007:

This still doesn’t answer my questions sir. You said the oil automatically becomes light...and later thick..bros..how?
It doesn’t ‘automatically’ become light. It stays as it is...except when it losses viscosity over time..the viscosity was made to withstand both extreme temperature...it doesn’t automatically ‘switch’ from thick to thin. It remains what it is!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mrtesso: 12:36am On Jan 24, 2019
Sir GAZZUZZ, 2009 Kia Rio hatchback, flood damaged, auto transmission and struts replaced. Should it be used for e-hailing?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:24am On Jan 24, 2019
Alvin007:
I hereby call upon fellow car talk demeanors..a dullard needs to be schooled about engine oil.
Cc: Gazzuzz
Obekediamondfuto
Timifakay
Kingreign
Diportivo
Nurey
Heavenlybang
Etc..
Hmm, tbh, the guy has a point. Liquids do lose viscosity with increases in temperature.

However...

1. Your engine has a tolerance range. The recommended oil will never damage your engine because of that, while using 20W50 introduces certain other factors.
2. This works on the assumption that the engine is always at optimal running temperature.
3. Yes, increased temperature reduces viscosity but by how much? Does it get it down to the thickness of 5W30? No. No.No.

Use the recommended oils, people. Don't be a smartass like that ES350 guy. grin

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BillGoldberg: 6:11am On Jan 24, 2019
Please can we stop all these useless back and forth arguments about oil and filters? Nobody is really impressed and we don't care. Nobody gives two fvcks about who knows more about cars and oil. You sissies can book a day to meet and fight it out physically. Right now, we have two pressing issues.

(1) Pressure Ehailing companies to increase our fees
(2) Kick Buhari back to Daura so that the economy can become more better and we have more riders with more money to pay us.

Any other thing aside all these is thrash and rubbish from hell. Please lets be guided.

By the way, who else has noticed that taxify has the most troublesome and useless riders? Who else noticed Uber has more classy people? Who else noticed that 90% of the problems are caused by Women? Especially those ones with attitude and if you look too well, they come from poor backgrounds where feeding is a problem!

I love Uber so much. Taxify is always giving me severe pains. From not paying for riders who ran away to not balancing drivers for cancelled trips after wasting my time! Uber would at least give you 300! Uber for president!

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Alvin007: 6:25am On Jan 24, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Hmm, tbh, the guy has a point. Liquids do lose viscosity with increases in temperature.

However...

1. Your engine has a tolerance range. The recommended oil will never damage your engine because of that, while using 20W50 introduces certain other factors.
2. This works on the assumption that the engine is always a maximum running temperature.
3. Yes, increased temperature reduces viscosity but by how much? Does it get it down to the thickness of 5W30? No. No.No.

Yes I said this...but he claims that the oil automatically changes it’s viscosity to suit the temperature. It’s the temperature that determines the viscosity...not the other way round. That’s my point!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Alvin007: 6:27am On Jan 24, 2019
nitigriti:
Franksam2009 is right. Viscosity does change with temperature. You will recall that temperature changes make the same matter (ice, water, steam) to change form. I studied Chemical Engineering in OAU Ife. But just so you can be sure, google "does viscosity change with temperature?"
Temperature changes viscosity. Oil doesn’t ‘automatically’ change to suit temperature. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Maskedtitan: 6:51am On Jan 24, 2019
BillGoldberg:
Please can we stop all these useless back and forth arguments about oil and filters? Nobody is really impressed and we don't care. Nobody gives two fvcks about who knows more about cars and oil. You sissies can book a day to meet and fight it out physically. Right now, we have two pressing issues.

(1) Pressure Ehailing companies to increase our fees
(2) Kick Buhari back to Daura so that the economy can become more better and we have more riders with more money to pay us.

Any other thing aside all these is thrash and rubbish from hell. Please lets be guided.

By the way, who else has noticed that taxify has the most troublesome and useless riders? Who else noticed Uber has more classy people? Who else noticed that 90% of the problems are caused by Women? Especially those ones with attitude and if you look too well, they come from poor backgrounds where feeding is a problem!

I love Uber so much. Taxify is always giving me severe pains. From not paying for riders who ran away to not balancing drivers for cancelled trips after wasting my time! Uber would at least give you 300! Uber for president!
Please, don’t do this. angry

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:55am On Jan 24, 2019
Alvin007:

Yes I said this...but he claims that the oil automatically changes it’s viscosity to suit the temperature. It’s the temperature that determines the viscosity...not the other way round. That’s my point!

Oh yeah, that guy is chatting complete tripe.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mabeni(m): 7:00am On Jan 24, 2019
nwizu042:

The perfect ride especially now that fares are low cool[color=#006600][/color].. Make sure it is clean and sound.
thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:02am On Jan 24, 2019
Mrtesso:
Sir GAZZUZZ, 2009 Kia Rio hatchback, flood damaged, auto transmission and struts replaced. Should it be used for e-hailing?

Fire on! grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:14am On Jan 24, 2019
Oya after all the viscosity talk, More mobil oil don land

Mainland

Lagos.

No need to send mail, pick from shop.

Gazzuzz Autos
https://maps.google.com/?cid=6875435925006525965

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Yakpa(m): 7:17am On Jan 24, 2019
Hello room.Clean Toyota Corolla 03/04 for weekly hire. 35k weekly. You shld be based around the island axis.
NB: this car is for a military personnel. So if you know you can deliver. Come forward.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BillGoldberg: 7:22am On Jan 24, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Mainland

Lagos.

Gazzuzz Autos

Smart business man. Others are busy arguing about oil up and down... You are selling oil.

Others are busy buying cars that will soon cast... You are busy repairing there cars and making money.

I remember your post one time about if people are looking for oil... you sell shovel to them... Ok oo.

You are wonderful.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 7:56am On Jan 24, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Mainland

Lagos.

Gazzuzz Autos

This one way ur bus, dey for traffic under hot, hope say the oil temperature and viscosity never change.
I learnt something from the argument. grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 8:09am On Jan 24, 2019
100% on point!
HeavenlyBang:

However...

2. This works on the assumption that the engine is always a maximum running temperature.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 8:14am On Jan 24, 2019
Sir, let's just agree that is how best he could express the idea. The main principle, which he expressed adequately, is that engines work with specific oils that have viscous properties good enough for their extreme (hot, cold) temperatures; and that using non-recommended oils which usually do not have these viscous properties at these temperature ranges could damage the engine

Alvin007:

Temperature changes viscosity. Oil doesn’t ‘automatically’ change to suit temperature. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Alvin007: 8:19am On Jan 24, 2019
nitigriti:
Sir, let's just agree that is how best he could express the idea. The main principle, which he expressed adequately, is that engines work with specific oils that have viscous properties good enough for their extreme (hot, cold) temperatures; and that using non-recommended oils which usually do not have these viscous properties at these temperature ranges could damage the engine

Case closed sir!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 8:40am On Jan 24, 2019
In other news, if you are at Local Airport, looking for a ride, and you see 1000 - 1100 drivers ahead of you, drive into the car park, take your space on the queue (driver number 1101) and watch you get a ride request in less than one hour!
That queue you are seeing are mainly Airport Taxi Union guys messing around. But the truth is, when a request gets to a specific driver and he rejects or cancels it (or causes rider to cancel on him) for one reason or the other, the request doesn't go back to the same driver. It pings to the next available driver on the queue. For this particular driver rejecting requests, he is taken offline (hence to the back of the queue) after a specific number of cancelled or rejected requests show up on his app. You, that you have genuine desire to pick up a ride, rises up one step in the queue.

Let's say there are 20 riders at the local airport looking for Uber rides, the process iterates faster, and eventually, all genuine Uber drivers will be at the top of the queue; and will thus get their rides in a reasonable period of time.

So stay put!

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:55am On Jan 24, 2019
Yakpa:
Hello room.Clean Toyota Corolla 03/04 for weekly hire. 35k weekly. You shld be based around the island axis.
NB: this car is for a military personnel . So if you know you can deliver. Come forward.
If the car like make e be for chief of army staff, drivers wey go default go still default cheesy

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:57am On Jan 24, 2019
ifyeez:
This one way ur bus, dey for traffic under hot, hope say the oil temperature and viscosity never change.
I learnt something from the argument. grin grin grin
E don automatically change from 5w30 to 30w100 grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 10:00am On Jan 24, 2019
Alvin007:

read my earlier post carefully, that's the same thing I said

(1) (2) (3) ... (1285) (1286) (1287) (1288) (1289) (1290) (1291) ... (5688) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: dy4life, Nezzjnr, Otunbalai(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.