Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,800 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4728627 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1395) (1396) (1397) (1398) (1399) (1400) (1401) ... (5688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 9:50pm On Mar 05, 2019
Seriously this 2 abeokuta guys are really angry they didn't get any driver here to kidnap and collect his car en route to abeokuta grin grin grin

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 9:54pm On Mar 05, 2019
Please I need a genius OEM corrola 2004 tank cover, I have searched and can't find it around,
Someone help
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 10:09pm On Mar 05, 2019
Pearl1910:
Nice analysis but u have to consider the risk in doing an out of town trip that's why companies pay allowances when u travel out of town. They don't say because you are being paid your salary so you will be taken to the moon and back with no extra incentive. Let's try to appreciate work done in Nigeria. The driver is just lucky you got back early, if u stayed till evening he would have still got same fare, trust me, he would have made same thing if he was in town jejely.

There's no risk on the roads between Ikeja and Abeokuta from 10:00am to 3:00pm that a driver who works overnight in Lagos; where drivers are being killed and their cars collected, or where drivers doze off and crash their cars, cannot face.

Again, what risk? There's no risk at all on that trip.
Companies pay outstation allowances for expenses and inconveniences, not because there is a risk the staff might die on the trip.
Biko

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by efeblin(m): 10:13pm On Mar 05, 2019
Any driver or person currently looking for vehicles to drive on the uber platform or taxify should contact us on 08068798149. We have vehicles he can get to drive. Please driver must be responsible and experienced.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 10:15pm On Mar 05, 2019
The offer is to and fro trip to Abeokuta for #15,000.
I buy #3,000 fuel, I reserve #1,000 for my light breakfast and big lunch. I can be in Abeokuta in 2 hours. Return trip is 2 hours. I wait 4 hours in Abeokuta. Total of 8 hours. 10:00am to 6:00pm is 8 hours. 6:00pm, I've returned rider to Ikeja. I set destination and go home. Infact, forget destination, I blow empty go house. I check my wallet at home, #11,000 is smiling at me.
How many drivers made #11,000 after Uber/Taxify today, a Tuesday? Someone should explain what doesn't make business sense here.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by groovie(m): 10:18pm On Mar 05, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 10:22pm On Mar 05, 2019
BillGoldberg:

You guys that are not lazy, why can't you guys drive yourself and leave we lazy drivers in peace? Is it your lazy?

Thank God say you no use abusive word. Come Rock view Apapa tomorrow make I buy you beer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:22pm On Mar 05, 2019
nitigriti:
I buy #3,000 fuel, I reserve #1,000 for my light breakfast and big lunch. I can be in Abeokuta in 2 hours. Return trip is 2 hours. I wait 4 hours in Abeokuta. Total of 8 hours. 10:00am to 6:00pm is 8 hours. 6:00pm, I've returned rider to Ikeja. I set destination and go home. Infact, forget destination, I blow empty go house. I check my wallet at home, #11,000 is smiling at me.
How many drivers made #11,000 after Uber/Taxify today, a Tuesday? Someone should explain what doesn't make business sense here.

It makes so much sense to me too. If I was still in the game, probably I would have taken it

But that doesnt mean I should see those who refuse it as lazy or senseless

it's simply an offer.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 10:27pm On Mar 05, 2019
izzou:

It makes so much sense to me too. If I was still in the game, probably I would have taken it

But that doesnt mean I should see those who refuse it as lazy or senseless

it's simply an offer.

Yeah, just as we shouldn't see those who will take the offer as being stupid or greedy or car damagers or people spoiling business

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Otenzy(m): 10:28pm On Mar 05, 2019
platinumricky:
05/06 audi A4? I guess it's the B6 generation. U didn't state the transmission type which was paired with the 1.8T engine. That audi makes sense for personal use and not Ehailing. The powertrain/suspension won't survive the abuse of lagos roads, besides the sump is made of aluminium which could easily be perforated, a phenomenon which could lead to catastrophic oil loss which can wreck the engine.You are much better off with a corolla. Due to the peculiar nature of how things work here, a Japanese vehicle will be better off. The audi also has a horrible resale value.
You have hit the hammer on the head. Thank you. I will go for the corolla
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 05, 2019
segzyndpep:

Na u go give am 100k before the day ends abi
Tongue in cheek
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 10:31pm On Mar 05, 2019
izzou:

A very unnecessary line to use

The driver is providing a service, and you are paying for it. Stop making it look like you are paying him for free and doing him a favor

Before you start seeing 15k as 15billion, I've taken someone offline from Dolphin to Alpha beach, to and fro, and he paid me 15k without any negotiation

The guy's offer was 15k....Simple. What has laziness got to do with that? So no uber driver made 12k today Abi? Or going to Abeokuta to and fro for 15k is the best deal someone can ever encounter?

This is business oga.... Make your offer and whoever it pleases will take it. Dont make people look stupid because they declined your offer.. Over a thousand offline trips were done today. Your own is just one

I was just discombobulated, have been more like a spectator here, but concerned about the state of the business and wants encourage someone to keep on keeping on.

But then, it is what it always is, ghost mode re-activated. Best of luck to everyone here, from my heart of hearts.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 05, 2019
Pearl1910:
Nice analysis but u have to consider the risk in doing an out of town trip that's why companies pay allowances when u travel out of town. They don't say because you are being paid your salary so you will be taken to the moon and back with no extra incentive. Let's try to appreciate work done in Nigeria. The driver is just lucky you got back early, if u stayed till evening he would have still got same fare, trust me, he would have made same thing if he was in town jejely.

Prov 22:13
Prov 26:13
'The slothful mandriver saith, There is a lion without, I shall be slain in the streets.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 10:35pm On Mar 05, 2019
Don't mind him me that have already made 16k today b4 5pm
izzou:

A very unnecessary line to use

The driver is providing a service, and you are paying for it. Stop making it look like you are paying him for free and doing him a favor

Before you start seeing 15k as 15billion, I've taken someone offline from Dolphin to Alpha beach, to and fro, and he paid me 15k without any negotiation

The guy's offer was 15k....Simple. What has laziness got to do with that? So no uber driver made 12k today Abi? Or going to Abeokuta to and fro for 15k is the best deal someone can ever encounter?

This is business oga.... Make your offer and whoever it pleases will take it. Dont make people look stupid because they declined your offer.. Over a thousand offline trips were done today. Your own is just one

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:39pm On Mar 05, 2019
nitigriti:

Yeah, just as we shouldn't see those who will take the offer as being stupid or greedy or car damagers or people spoiling business

Of course

Not my business though, but the way drivers are berated here is funny.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 05, 2019
Pearl1910:

That's why people still assume and come here to cry low request yen yen yen.

I purposely said till 3pm and the eventual wise driver negotiated for 2hrs and we took less. He saw opportunities where you see challenges. Anyway if what am doing pans out, same journey will repeat every two weeks, while the 'careful wise' drivers will keep loitering at Isaac John, Admiralty and Freedom way. Enough said.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2019
Tyche:

I was just discombobulated, have been more like a spectator here, but concerned about the state of the business and wants encourage someone to keep on keeping on.

But then, it is what it always is, ghost mode re-activated. Best of luck to everyone here, from my heart of hearts.

I understand you sir

I was just not comfortable with the word "entitled".

As long as its his business, he is entitled to have a say. Because you make an offer doesnt mean he should accept it, and it doesnt mean he is lazy

Everyone is entitled in his own domain.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:00pm On Mar 05, 2019
Its subjective brov...it may b good for you and very bad market for another person. But the main debate is that 15k is actually small for that trip, that is not to say taking it is not a wise business decision o. Afteral that one na guaranteed cash in pocket.
nitigriti:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:06pm On Mar 05, 2019
Risk yakpa for that road brov...na God dey protect us sha...and risk doesn't mean death o, abeg. Inconvenience and unplanned expenses are risks
nitigriti:

There's no risk on the roads between Ikeja and Abeokuta from 10:00am to 3:00pm that a driver who works overnight in Lagos; where drivers are being killed and their cars collected, or where drivers doze off and crash their cars, cannot face.

Companies pay outstation allowances for expenses and inconveniences, not because there is a risk the staff might die on the trip.
Biko

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:07pm On Mar 05, 2019
Risk yakpa for that journey bro...na God dey protect us sha...and risk doesn't mean death o, abeg. Inconvenience and unplanned expenses are risks
nitigriti:

Biko
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:10pm On Mar 05, 2019
Lolz...experience is the best teacher.
Chuwaa:

Prov 22:13
Prov 26:13
'The slothful mandriver saith, There is a lion without, I shall be slain in the streets.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Thevisit: 12:39am On Mar 06, 2019
You should have kept quiet than opening your mouth to make such comment. Every single minute you are on the road is a risk let alone on a high way, u gave the risk of accident, risk of bin robbed, risk of dreaded custom officers who would point a gun at you if you don't settle them, a whole lot of risk

nitigriti:

Biko

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Thevisit: 12:43am On Mar 06, 2019
That is your opinion and the value you place yourself (15k)...
If a driver feels 15k isnt a good bargain, respect his decision.

nitigriti:

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Thevisit: 12:46am On Mar 06, 2019
Them no gree carry u for peanut, is it by force, Abeg shift make person see road. 15k kee u there

Chuwaa:

I purposely said till 3pm and the eventual wise driver negotiated for 2hrs and we took less. He saw opportunities where you see challenges. Anyway if what am doing pans out, same journey will repeat every two weeks, while the 'careful wise' drivers will keep loitering at Isaac John, Admiralty and Freedom way. Enough said.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by maczig: 12:54am On Mar 06, 2019
Tyche:
Forget these lazy driver way full here abeg, entitled lots they are. They will just be complaining of request up and down but will fail to make best use of the little opportunity available to them. They do not know that opportunity when is comes, does look like challenge.

This morning, I posted a not so attractive trip. Not because I can't easily get an Uber or a taxi to take me/us there, but because I want someone here to just benefit from what I wanted to do today, that's why I used brother in my post.

The guy that picked me today, we just booked hotel for him sef, him no fit drive go house, that's aside the money he made. And it continues till Thursday when he will drop us at the international and local airport respectively. But a lot of people passed it by because it's not what their lazy imagination wants.

A lot of drivers in Uber and Taxify are phucking entitledled; Fahrenz and dru23 we're right after all.

I must confess that you are very stupid sir. This is one of the most useless and irrational posts have read on Nairaland. In fact I strongly suggest that you visit Yabaleft as soon as you are back for mental accessment. Does ur system run on some cheap Niger Delta kaikai. How could you label drivers on this thread as being lazy simply because they were not out to take you to that god forsaken place that you and you cronies went to. Did you bother to know if the offer and timing was good before coming here to conclude. Without the input and experiences of these drivers you are calling lazy you won't be here to paint them black. There's no gainsaying the fact that requests is on the decline now but it doesn't translate to one being forced into embarking on what won't pay him. So 15k trip is an opportunity to you ba? Did you know how many drivers on this thread made double that amount today? I think you are one of those irrational and entitled car owners that play god to their drivers. For the records, what will work for Driver A might not work for driver B. You put the driver in an hotel so kini big deal.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by maczig: 1:01am On Mar 06, 2019
Chuwaa:

How does all of these change the price of one derica of garri in the market. If they loiter all through the day and all round Lagos na your concern. Abeg shift let's see the living.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1johnjohn(m): 4:40am On Mar 06, 2019
A client wants me to come pick him in ikorudu to airport by 4am. Am from.coming from Maryland. I want to tell him 10k is that okay...thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:05am On Mar 06, 2019
THE EFFECTS OF E-HAILING ON DRIVERS IS REALLY DEMEANING.
I can remember an incidence with a rider that negotiated a trip with the yellow cabs but stood their ground on N7k but TAXIFY THE MOST EXPENSIVE TARIFF charged N3,200. The trip is about 32km, now imagine how much could have been charged for a 120km return trip.
Low demand of yellow cabs didn't make them charge ridiculously, I guess they are professionals in the business and know the normal charge for certain trips. Charging for certain trips should not be for you to get PEANUT to eat but to sustain your tools incase of uncertainties.
That person calling drivers lazy because they didn't do your cheap trip should have gone to the charter cabs and see how much would be charged.
I don't blame you but E-hailing slavery mentality.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:20am On Mar 06, 2019
Thevisit:
Them no gree carry u for peanut, is it by force, Abeg shift make person see road. 15k kee u there

Thank you

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 6:47am On Mar 06, 2019
Thevisit:
You should have kept quiet than opening your mouth to make such comment. Every single minute you are on the road is a risk let alone on a high way, u gave the risk of accident, risk of bin robbed, risk of dreaded custom officers who would point a gun at you if you don't settle them, a whole lot of risk

The same risks that you don't face on Lagos roads working overnight?
Think am again
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 6:49am On Mar 06, 2019
Pearl1910:
Risk yakpa for that journey bro...na God dey protect us sha...and risk doesn't mean death o, abeg. Inconvenience and unplanned expenses are risks

No company pays outstation for "unplanned expenses". When I say expenses, I mean your intracity transportation, hotel lodging, your meals. Then they pay a little extra for the inconvenience of taking you away from your home base (family) for a few days. If these are the things you labelled as risks, then I'm seriously shaking my head here
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 6:52am On Mar 06, 2019
Thevisit:
That is your opinion and the value you place yourself (15k)...
If a driver feels 15k isnt a good bargain, respect his decision.

I never disrespected his decision. The problem I have with him is saying boys are spoiling business and that they accept those kind of trips because it is not their car. Read up on the conversation from the beginning, then come and read your comments again

(1) (2) (3) ... (1395) (1396) (1397) (1398) (1399) (1400) (1401) ... (5688) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Glithronix, jstburner(m), dubra, olaadesie(m), donfortune48(m), dy4life, jpworld(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.