Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,242 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4804765 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1671) (1672) (1673) (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 9:02am On Jun 11, 2019
pocohantas:

Of course I saw you said that to yourself, doesn't take anything off my previous stand.
just forget the man, Its so hard 4 someone who doesn't think straight to admit and take corrections

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:07am On Jun 11, 2019
xana101:
once u noticed the price is not moving. Just restart ur phone immediately. It worked for me. I was close to riders destination. Checked price. Still showing N500. Immediately I restarted d phone. At d end of d trip I ended and saw N1,200. From yaba to gbagada.

Truth is I don't like checking, because most times if I do, it end up distorting d app so I stop... Lately I prefer card trip, comes with peace of mind

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 9:07am On Jun 11, 2019
slamstanlee:
so why bother ur self here.
That ride was like every other ride- cool, no hassle,rider comfort to the end.
The story was painting how a rider wasted my time, my patience, my service inspite of that. At the end i tried to put some humour for ur reading pleasure.
But how come u people want to filter negativity out of it.
Na wa grin

Looks like you are the one being bothered.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 9:08am On Jun 11, 2019
franksam2009:
just forget the man, Its so hard 4 someone who doesn't think straight to admit and take corrections

I know nothing about him and his history, tbh. I only gave my opinion from my POV.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 9:13am On Jun 11, 2019
MoonlightDrive:

According to the logic of Bolt, you have to ensure the rider comes into the parking lot, before your parking fees will be added, rider meets you inside the parking lot, then you start your trip while still at the airport parking lot. If you pick rider outside the parking lot, OYO.
This is why more drivers are beginning to appreciate the professionalism of Uber!
waoo never knew that's how it works thanks for the info, but the big problem is will riders come to the parking area
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 9:16am On Jun 11, 2019
pope191:

Truth is I don't like checking, because most times if I do, it end up distorting d app so I stop... Lately I prefer card trip, comes with peace of mind
one rider from igbo elerin, lasu road to vi, last week she wanted us to check every now and then. Said if it more than the amount she had she will end trip and continue with public trans....
At a point na she hold my phone dey check am grin
Las las trip wasn't up to 6k

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:18am On Jun 11, 2019
pocohantas:

The "yes, I owe you...your father", what is the insult for? That statement shouldn't be hard to decipher. It isn't rocket science.

It is not him forcing her to forfeit her balance, but it definitely doesn't come from a good place.

The "your father" was probably said in his mind. He couldn't have said that to her

And we can't just conclude it wasn't from a good place. Put yourself in his shoes that night. What would you have done?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 9:19am On Jun 11, 2019
slamstanlee:
i don believe the story either. But there something about his left ear, a little change.
The day i heard him speak hausa/fulfude i just conclude d story is not true jare

But you understood the parable of Gazzuzz grin....
G (not Gazzuzz) told us about a clone that always say bad stuff about him

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 9:23am On Jun 11, 2019
izzou:

The "your father" was probably said in his mind. He couldn't have said that to her

And we can't just conclude it wasn't from a good place. Put yourself in his shoes that night. What would you have done?

The girl doesn't come off as a terrible person, but a clumsy one. Most Nigerians are not time-conscious people. I would do anything I think is most convenient and civil option for me. Sure, lets play ostritch. It was from a good place... wink

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 9:24am On Jun 11, 2019
Epphy:

But you understood the parable of Gazzuzz grin....
G (not Gazzuzz) told us about a clone that always say bad stuff about him
yea... i just got the gist now cheesy wink
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:29am On Jun 11, 2019
pocohantas:

The girl doesn't come off as a terrible person, but a clumsy one. Most Nigerians are not time-conscious people. I would do anything I think is most convenient and civil option for me. Sure, lets play ostritch. It was from a good place... wink

I'm not even concerned about what transpired. It's the change part I'm asking

You complete a ride of #800. You are given #1000 and you don't have #200. It's late already. What would you have done?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 9:33am On Jun 11, 2019
dru23:

Drive for Lagos traffic ? NOPE

How na? Driving in Lagos is different from other parts of the world?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 11, 2019
izzou:

You complete a ride of #800. You are given #1000 and you don't have #200. It's late already. What would you have done?

I would not have cursed her father in my mind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:40am On Jun 11, 2019
AntiBrutus:

I would not have cursed her father in my mind.

grin grin grin

But you'ld have said "yes, I owe you"

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:41am On Jun 11, 2019
emmancecute:
that I won't take. Someone that does oil and gas.... broke?
Forget that thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 9:41am On Jun 11, 2019
izzou:

many times i have transferred change to riders, many times i done VTU recharge for riders.
One should be smart enough to understand the mood/attitude before d end of a trip.
We are talking about a girl who reached her destination and said she would go into d hotel room and bring my money.
She took her bags and shoes and left nothing.
She would have stayed back and not bring my money.
I was just confident, 1. I was at GRA, 2. I was close to my house,
A girl who hurriedly and excitedly brought my money in few moments . 2k, fare was 1300.
Gave her 500 to balance 200 that was not available.
And with a pleasant gesture, you owe me 200.

Well some people want to read all the details to understand little gist.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:43am On Jun 11, 2019
Xneg:

Not seen a recent post from the lady you mentioned, why did you have to bring this up again and put your self in this position.
Are you the lady? Why are you defending her?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 9:44am On Jun 11, 2019
izzou:

grin grin grin

thank you jare. And tomorrow if i pick her up again and she recognizes my car her 200 will be settled if she actually wanted it grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 11, 2019
izzou:

grin grin grin

Was that ever a problem?
Wasn't that the situation? undecided
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 9:45am On Jun 11, 2019
Cooladex:

How na? Driving in Lagos is different from other parts of the world?
yes o. Very different wink

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:48am On Jun 11, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Was that ever a problem?
Wasn't that the situation? undecided

Of course ma

Just trying to see how that translates to forcing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 9:49am On Jun 11, 2019
franksam2009:
all I see here is rudeness, stupidity and senselessness.
She was been nice from the beginning, but you are too aggressive and pouring out your frustration at her.
And Neva force someone to dash you his/her change, u are supposed to hv change with you (that's y riders prefer bank transfer cos drivers like you feels dey are entitled to people's change)

Did you read well?
What kind of trash is this for God's sake?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:50am On Jun 11, 2019
slamstanlee:
many times i have transferred change to riders, many times i done VTU recharge for riders.
One should be smart enough to understand the mood/attitude before d end of a trip.
We are talking about a girl who reached her destination and said she would go into d hotel room and bring my money.
She took her bags and shoes and left nothing.
She would have stayed back and not bring my money.
I was just confident, 1. I was at GRA, 2. I was close to my house,
A girl who hurriedly and excitedly brought my money in few moments . 2k, fare was 1300.
Gave her 500 to balance 200 that was not available.
And with a pleasant gesture, you owe me 200.

Well some people want to read all the details to understand little gist.

The Frank guy always has an insultive way to drop his view

Calling someone senseless for nothing

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 9:53am On Jun 11, 2019
izzou:

"I'm so sorry I Don't have change, do you mind if I buy you airtime or maybe make a transfer"
There a 70% chance the rider will forfeit ND go
Moreover you should always hv change, form a habit of stocking #200×5 on ur dashboard, always replace when you close for d day

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 11, 2019
izzou:

Of course ma

Just trying to see how that translates to forcing.

Did I say he forced her? Leave me!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 9:57am On Jun 11, 2019
izzou:

The Frank guy always has an insultive way to drop his view

Calling someone senseless for nothing
i know him, he has a very low level of reasoning or today a poor sense of humour or a combination of both. undecided

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 9:58am On Jun 11, 2019
AntiBrutus:

lol

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 10:01am On Jun 11, 2019
slamstanlee:
i know him, he has a very low level of reasoning or today a poor sense of humour or a combination of both. undecided

Don't mind d nonentity, that was how he attacked me the other day just because I complained a certain celebrity did not pay my 3700k fare.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 10:03am On Jun 11, 2019
Cooladex:

Don't mind d nonentity, that was how he attacked me the other day just because I complained a certain celebrity did not pay my 3700k fare.
shocked
In my liitle nephew's voice "if i blow you teeth" grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:06am On Jun 11, 2019
AntiBrutus:

undecided

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:07am On Jun 11, 2019
slamstanlee:

The remaining N2 naira 50kobo nko grin

Transfer fee grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 10:09am On Jun 11, 2019
pope191:

Transfer fee grin
then u have spent some kobos niyen cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1671) (1672) (1673) (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.