Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,817 members, 7,817,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1783) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4749102 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1780) (1781) (1782) (1783) (1784) (1785) (1786) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 8:42pm On Jul 19, 2019
Mjosh1000:
really abeg how I go fit take repair am
u don’t need a special technician to fix that kick-starter. I’ve fixed mine like 3 times now. They’ll only buy d brush inside for 2k and fixing like N1,500. So budget 3500. That’s how I’ve been doing it. Get any Rewire to do it. Very soon, knacking d kick won’t work any more.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 19, 2019
pidginenglish:
Hi guys, i'm new on this section of NL.

I've bin out of job for a while and recently got an offer from a kind friend who introduced me to one of his niggy for an Uber gig.

The vehicle is a 2007 Toyota Corrolla, just shipped in from the U.S and currently with his engineers for checks and cosmetic fixes.

The owner of the vehicle wants to place the vehicle on a lease to own option. He wants N3.5m total and N35k Weekly.

I have never negotiated an Uber deal so i thought it wise to ask advice from the elders.
Elders in the house and beyond i need your help. Kindly advise me on the best deal to put on the table to make a win win for both of us.

Kindly help repost or send to other elders in d biz outside of NL.

Tnx in anticipation

Though i am not a driver yet but the touching stories i have read on this platform doesn't sit too well . Using a car worth of over 1m is not advisable anymore considering the slashed fare, more waiting time and New road users law. HP of 3.5m or rentals of 35k a week is a lot brother.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 8:55pm On Jul 19, 2019
Mjosh1000:
Coro boiz help me out oo nah nak i dey nak my kick starter since morning, it doesn't start the car again, I hope I no go enter one chance, pls how much can I get another kick starter corolla 04
just seeing this now.next time pull up the kick starte,like you're trying to align it together.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 8:58pm On Jul 19, 2019
Mjosh1000:
really abeg how I go fit take repair am
pls don't repair
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:30pm On Jul 19, 2019
umall41:
Plz house what avi done wrong, I only got one short request since morning, plz help coz at this rate I am doomed on HP was at omole I av to drive down to Allen still no request and there s hevy traffic on allen self

Next time just stay put in Omole, no matter what and time, relax, your time will come

Inbtw, taxify sha won send me back village, but Almighty pass dem

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 19, 2019
pope191:

Next time just stay put in Omole, no matter what and time, relax, your time will come

Taxify(bolt) na nonsense Ehailing app. You should have reviewed the price though. Anytime you see odd price like this, just review price. If it still doesn't come out right, then report the case. Uber is still the best though. If not that they block drivers anyhow, a lot of drivers would only be on Uber.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 10:06pm On Jul 19, 2019
See my own Taxify wahala from festac to VI 1,700. I just told the rider 3k she paid one hand. The journey worth 3.5k to 4k abeg. Just because I'm chasing the 5k weekend bonus

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adeniyiHansome(m): 10:33pm On Jul 19, 2019
Pls holla me wen u get somebody eventually. I need a tint too

Chae:
Pls ouse I need contact of who can help me tint my ride, thanks in anticipation SIRs
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
Buynowautos:
See my own Taxify wahala from festac to VI 1,700. I just told the rider 3k she paid one hand. The journey worth 3.5k to 4k abeg. Just because I'm chasing the 5k weekend bonus

Always review price when you encounter this ish! You are lucky to meet a good and reasonable rider. Some would just tell u they can't pay more than the price ur App showed.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dbossmanager: 10:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
Chuwaa:

3.5m is too much.
The cost of the car is about N1.9
It should be around N2.6 max hp.
If you pick the car eventually, try and negotiate first week free to learn the ropes

bro...u are funny o...u mean a car of 1.9m toks should not be more than 2.6m max and u will wait more than 2years to get with no certainty sef when u could make more than that investing the same amount in treasury bills without worries or breaking a sweat. lets be reasonable na...wont take the deal tho..but saying it should be 2.6m max...

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by keneryhark(m): 10:52pm On Jul 19, 2019
Buynowautos:

Una never start problem don dey. Please fix all issues before you role out. What of return trip, is there guarantee on return journey? Cos it wont make sense to blow empty from such a distance.

I remember my first week on bolt, request came in rider was going after the long bridge almost shagamu, I happily carry am go na when I reach there collect 3k all the way from egbeda I recieve sense say no return trip. sad
thank you, we would try and fix all issues mention here.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:54pm On Jul 19, 2019
1984och:

Taxify(bolt) na nonsense Ehailing app. You should have reviewed the price though. Anytime you see odd price like this, just review price. If it still doesn't come out right, then report the case. Uber is still the best though. If not that they block drivers anyhow, a lot of drivers would only be on Uber.

Please dont review if rider is willing, life is all about understanding. The only time you should review is when it is card trip or rider wants review and give you his/her words (uncertainty) about soughting you after review.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 11:22pm On Jul 19, 2019
shollywendy1:

Izzou will help me to open a thread for missing uber car incase...lol
grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 11:24pm On Jul 19, 2019
pope191:

Ehen, from Lekki - Ikorodu for =N=500.00

Will never drive on Taxify platform.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:36pm On Jul 19, 2019
Seun360:

Ehen, from Lekki - Ikorodu for =N=500.00

Will never drive on Taxify platform.

Rider & I settled for 6k, I think dats fair enough.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 11:41pm On Jul 19, 2019
pope191:

Na understanding rider be dat na, if na the other way nko?
telling you say, maybe am on promo.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 11:58pm On Jul 19, 2019
mabeni:
I got angry and drove back home. Today is too dull
grin

grin grin lazy driver, u yaf join bad gang,you have joined oven gang,u yaf join I cant come and kill my sef gang grin

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:00am On Jul 20, 2019
Seun360:

Na understanding rider be dat na, if na the other way nko?

telling you say, maybe am on promo.

Lol, I'll know about promo and once toll is not added, it's obviously a failed trip. We just have to hope not to meet troublesome rider, nevertheless ikorodu to lekki can never be 500 naira after paying toll 300 thats like 200 naira, make d rider kuku carry the car deh go. Most time I check riders app estimation.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 12:50am On Jul 20, 2019
adeniyiHansome:
Pls holla me wen u get somebody eventually. I need a tint too

Chat me up for this. I'll give you the link. I use a tinted vehicle myself.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 6:38am On Jul 20, 2019
pope191:

always let rider say how much they want to pay. I took this guy from Igboelerin to ikorodu. Taxify show 4700 after mile 12 and refuse to read again cos I was always checking price. Immediately I noticed. I pull over. Ask rider to request again or we go offline than d app has stop counting. He ask how qmuch offline. I wanted to say give me 6k but the guy just say is 10k ok? Sharp sharp I said YES!

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:54am On Jul 20, 2019
xana101:
always let rider say how much they want to pay. I took this guy from Igboelerin to ikorodu. Taxify show 4700 after mile 12 and refuse to read again cos I was always checking price. Immediately I noticed. I pull over. Ask rider to request again or we go offline than d app has stop counting. He ask how qmuch offline. I wanted to say give me 6k but the guy just say is 10k ok? Sharp sharp I said YES!

Sure boss, I wont b quick to shoot my shot, I always wait for rider to make first move/decision. But in between one have to study the countenance of the rider during trip. For me with taxify nonsense, I've made peace with 5k cos the road was completely free and immediately I have another 3k trip waiting.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by keneryhark(m): 8:01am On Jul 20, 2019
The goal is to change the face of commercial transportation in Nigeria particularly in the western part of the country by introducing buses with air-conditioning for inter state travel. You own a space or hummer bus and you can be part of this change. Visit trek.com.ng to register as driver. Powered by thoughtfulthinker
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 8:31am On Jul 20, 2019
eherbal:
just seeing this now.next time pull up the kick starte,like you're trying to align it together.

I actually don't get this, pls can u explain better tks

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 8:32am On Jul 20, 2019
xana101:
u don’t need a special technician to fix that kick-starter. I’ve fixed mine like 3 times now. They’ll only buy d brush inside for 2k and fixing like N1,500. So budget 3500. That’s how I’ve been doing it. Get any Rewire to do it. Very soon, knacking d kick won’t work any more.
Tkz
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 8:32am On Jul 20, 2019
eherbal:
pls don't repair
pls give reasons and offer a solution tks

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by umall41(m): 8:49am On Jul 20, 2019
umall41:
Plz house what avi done wrong, I only got one short request since morning, plz help coz at this rate I am doomed on HP was at omole I av to drive down to Allen still no request and there s hevy traffic on allen self
Good morning house,plz a gentleman call me with respect to this. If you are the one, plz knows that I tried calling you back but unfortunate I did not save your phone, plz I will appreciate if you will call me again. Thanks. GOD BLESS WE HUSTLE
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by umall41(m): 8:51am On Jul 20, 2019
Good morning again house, plz I need sakamanje tips and tricks o. I will appreciate anyone help, plz biko, don't want to go back to village

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:04am On Jul 20, 2019
umall41:
Good morning again house, plz I need sakamanje tips and tricks o. I will appreciate anyone help, plz biko, don't want to go back to village

Instead of Saka, you can simply give the owner back his car.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 9:13am On Jul 20, 2019
izzou:

Instead of Saka, you can simply give the owner back his car.

Exactly, cos he will endup be blocked on both app
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 9:15am On Jul 20, 2019
umall41:
U should av taken ur time to study the market, u should have even taken rentals for like 3-4months to know how the market works, now its just ur first week u are thinking of sakamanje.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jesbu(m): 9:15am On Jul 20, 2019
My first trip on uber carried 9 persons from festac tourniquet roundabout. The women was praying to God to bring someone who will carry them, and here come me and my SUV. But all went well I'm currently at unilag looking for someone to pick is there any good spot where I can hang out.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 9:15am On Jul 20, 2019
Laughing in Chinese

(1) (2) (3) ... (1780) (1781) (1782) (1783) (1784) (1785) (1786) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: mejai(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.