Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,743 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2098) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4773532 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2095) (2096) (2097) (2098) (2099) (2100) (2101) ... (5697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stephenponti(m): 11:28am On Nov 18, 2019
donfortune48:
Guys I had a terrible experience yesterday, at mushin end of ladipo street.

I was dropping off a rider, didn't know that cult boys were Fighting.

All of a sudden people started running, then I saw boys coming out from a street on my left (50metres ahead). I tried to make a sharp turn to a street on my right but I have passed the street a little bit so I needed to go back a little before I can turn in cos there are bikes parked at that junction. Immediately I engaged reverse, one of them started approaching me with a big stainless Cutlass. I moves back with speed not knowing that Keke is already at my back trying to run into the same street with me and had to hit him.
When they boys saw what was happening, they all started running towards me (about 20+ boys, all with glittering machetes) I had to drive into the street like that, hitting one bike into the gutter. I ran to the end of the street and saw that the street is blocked, I and my rider just ran away to diff direction not knowing that they have stopped chasing me.

When they moved to another street and people started coming back from their hiding points. I came out and saw that they went straight to the sienna that was coming behind me when I made the turn. Then man jumped down and ran away too. They broke all the glasses on that car ( the windscreen front and back and all the glasses).

I saw the bike I hit into the gutter, it's bent on an Angle 45°. The owner came to me and said Oga I no blame you for what happened, I know you were running for your life. That he will not ask me to fix the bike for him cos he equally left the bike there and ran away. That I should give him just 1k, he will complete it and fix his bike.

This was a terrible experience. I went down to Domino's at ilupeju, parked and went into a deep sober reflection for over an hour.

Had I not escaped, what would have been my faith?
Praise God You escaped the scene.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 18, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:38am On Nov 18, 2019
This issue of cultists in Lagos is getting out of hand and it seems the govt and police are watching helplessly.

I thank God for you donfortune48

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:40am On Nov 18, 2019

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:43am On Nov 18, 2019
SaintHilary:

Na wa this Job no easy o sad

Btw if one desides to stick to the island alone, will he be able to gross @ least 40k weekly?
Elders pls advice needed..the risk of the mainland is getting too much

lol... Are you not a real nigarrrrrgrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 18, 2019
peeps4u:

He will possibly be arrested

If it's true he absconded with the car, then he really get mind
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:49am On Nov 18, 2019
ajoks533:
Good morning elders... I just registered on both Uber and Bolt.

My uploaded documents (Licence and Photo) are still showing as pending on Uber.

However, I have gotten to the stage where I have to pick country code and input my number to download app. Did that and nothing came up.

As for Bolt, did online training and took the quiz. Have downloaded the app. Don't know my login details yet.

Plz what do I do now.

You Bolt login details will be sent to you before 24hrs. Always check your mail.

For Uber, you'll wait till they verify your documents especially drivers license then you will be redirected to further directives and setting up of exam.

Just be patient, it will come good. I thought you were gonna use it in Abuja?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Frank0001(m): 11:50am On Nov 18, 2019
donfortune48:

All of a sudden people started running, then I saw boys coming out from a street on my left (50metres ahead). I tried to make a sharp turn to a street on my right but I have passed the street a little bit so I needed to go back a little before I can turn in cos there are bikes parked at that junction. Immediately I engaged reverse, one of them started approaching me with a big stainless Cutlass. I moves back with speed not knowing that Keke is already at my back trying to run into the same street with me and had to hit him.
When they boys saw what was happening, they all started running towards me (about 20+ boys, all with glittering machetes) I had to drive into the street like that, hitting one bike into the gutter. I ran to the end of the street and saw that the street is blocked, I and my rider just ran away to diff direction not knowing that they have stopped chasing me.

When they moved to another street and people started coming back from their hiding points. I came out and saw that they went straight to the sienna that was coming behind me when I made the turn. Then man jumped down and ran away too. They broke all the glasses on that car ( the windscreen front and back and all the glasses).

I saw the bike I hit into the gutter, it's bent on an Angle 45°. The owner came to me and said Oga I no blame you for what happened, I know you were running for your life. That he will not ask me to fix the bike for him cos he equally left the bike there and ran away. That I should give him just 1k, he will complete it and fix his bike.

This was a terrible experience. I went down to Domino's at ilupeju, parked and went into a deep sober reflection for over an hour.

This is just Grace at work.. I thank God for your life Baba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 12:17pm On Nov 18, 2019
yobozee:
Hello house I have these Cadillac I just ship from Japan...please can these kind of car be used for uber....please I need advice
grin grin this na truck nah
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2019
peeps4u:

What if the rider insists you check from your end and not from his/hers?

I have a rider's app too
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2019
Dear Ladies,
Biko!, Ejo!, Don Allah Don Anabi!.
Please anytime you are close to your monthly --- Please always start wearing your guard a day or two days before the expected day in order to avoid stories that touch and there by reducing to lowest possibilities of it taking you unaware.
Monday morning like this na him one rider massively stained my car seat (owner's side). It was my next rider that drew my attention to it. she cancelled the ride immediately and requested for another ride.
I had to go to a nearby store to buy pure water, detergent, hypo, sponge and small hand towel to tidy up. Had to wait for about one hour for it to dry a bit before I continue the hustle.
Thanks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 12:31pm On Nov 18, 2019
donfortunate48.

I thank God for your life oh. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 12:33pm On Nov 18, 2019
peeps4u:

He will possibly be arrested

He could be dead, you know

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 12:38pm On Nov 18, 2019
donfortune48. We no see SARS now Ooo... Thank God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 12:58pm On Nov 18, 2019
donfortune48:

Wow..I cant imagine what those boys would've done to you. You for just collect like that. Thank your stars and your mama prayers also your smartness.

MUSHIN is a no go area, stop accepting trips to that area no matter the time of day. To hell with ratings and cancellation rates your life is more precious.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by citizenjuwon(m): 1:15pm On Nov 18, 2019
Hello house!

Please can someone recommend a low budget android phone that is compatible with uber app! Am asking for a prospective driver who is also a brother.

Thanks in anticipation of your timely reply.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 1:16pm On Nov 18, 2019
mrjaydee:

Wow..I cant imagine what those boys would've done to you. You for just collect like that. Thank your stars and your mama prayers also your smartness.

MUSHIN is a no go area, stop accepting trips to that area no matter the time of day. To hell with ratings and cancellation rates your life is more precious.

I'm just imagining what can possibly take me to that area ever again.

I rather go to satellite town.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 1:17pm On Nov 18, 2019
confusedworld17:
donfortune48. We no see SARS now Ooo... Thank God.

Most of them are cult members seff.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 1:34pm On Nov 18, 2019
izzou:
https://www.nairaland.com/5535087/taxify-driver-fakorede-olabode-samuel

Trackers are like the safest way to protect your investment. Saw this thread, and I don't even know what to say. It's so sad sad

Is this our man? The one who is missing with a partner's car?

jpworld:
Incase he hides under another monicker, trying to find another partner to swindle, I have attached his face on nairaland.

He has multiple account on uber,
he claim he is friend to romeo3 and ogunvic41, infact he was suppose to be part of the people that sets up the fleet management with ogunvic41
he is an active member in whatsapp group created by blackylola,
Partners be warned!
Different monickers and phone numbers are linked to this swindler.

08050345013 Bode Fakorede
monicker:soadakngltd
monicker:bodefakorede
monicker:ojudunkemi
monicker:kemspec
adex4u23@gmail.com
kemiojudun@gmail.com

Do your research before releasing your vehicle.

There are alot of fraud drivers online.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 1:56pm On Nov 18, 2019

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 1:57pm On Nov 18, 2019
nitigriti:

Is this our man? The one who is missing with a partner's car?

shocked shocked shocked

Na thief ohh
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 1:59pm On Nov 18, 2019
tojahh:

You Bolt login details will be sent to you before 24hrs. Always check your mail.

For Uber, you'll wait till they verify your documents especially drivers license then you will be redirected to further directives and setting up of exam.

Just be patient, it will come good. I thought you were gonna use it in Abuja?

Thanks brotherly. Yes I want to use it for Abuja, a friend advised I should start registering as a driver now, so that when I get my car and move down there, I can easily switch address to Abuja and also do car inspection. For ease start up once the car is available.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:06pm On Nov 18, 2019
xana101:
if it’s uber you are covered. If na bolt ready to fight with rider

Talk her in before starting the trip and she said she's aware of the surge
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:12pm On Nov 18, 2019
donfortune48:

Hmmm, deep sign. I glorify His name on your behalf boss, we should just keep praying not to become a victim of bad timing and ambush. I've been to mushin today and had to drive out of dia in no time, got to Akoka and another rider requested for a trip, she's going mushin, I had to cancel while she rant all she could. Honestly, dia is something about that neighbourhood I just don't like.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:15pm On Nov 18, 2019
confusedworld17:
Dear Ladies,
Biko!, Ejo!, Don Allah Don Anabi!.
Please anytime you are close to your monthly --- Please always start wearing your guard a day or two days before the expected day in order to avoid stories that touch and there by reducing to lowest possibilities of it taking you unaware.
Monday morning like this na him one rider massively stained my car seat (owner's side). It was my next rider that drew my attention to it. she cancelled the ride immediately and requested for another ride.
I had to go to a nearby store to buy pure water, detergent, hypo, sponge and small hand towel to tidy up. Had to wait for about one hour for it to dry a bit before I continue the hustle.
Thanks.

Sorry boss... Some days r like dat
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2019
pope191:

Hmmm, deep sign. I glorify His name on your behalf boss, we should just keep praying not to become a victim of bad timing and ambush. I've been to mushin today and had to drive out of dia in no time, got to Akoka and another rider requested for a trip, she's going mushin, I had to cancel while she rant all she could. Honestly, dia is something about that neighbourhood I just don't like.

Baba you see that red point?
Na that area the thing happen ooh! Close the junction of that road with Agege motor road.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 3:25pm On Nov 18, 2019
pope191:

I think drivers should iron something out with Uber/bolt on certain danger zones. There should be a way to send out red flags on areas where there is chaos or riots like mushing.
So that anyone going there would be doing so at their own but with lille extra profit.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olusola2bello: 3:30pm On Nov 18, 2019
I stoppee going to mushin a long time ago....terrible roads, traffic, task force, local govt touts...the place na rubbish.

mrjaydee:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 3:50pm On Nov 18, 2019
ajoks533:

I think drivers should iron something out with Uber/bolt on certain danger zones. There should be a way to send out red flags on areas where there is chaos or riots like mushing.
So that anyone going there would be doing so at their own but with lille extra profit.
grin grin grin grin

Some CEO and Lugards will tell u is a must to accept all trips to their mumu locations including the mumu mushin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2019
What's the latest about Ocar
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 3:53pm On Nov 18, 2019
donfortune48:

I'm just imagining what can possibly take me to that area ever again.

I rather go to satellite town.

Oven nko grin .

Stay safe man, all the cash in the world pales into insignificance when faced with such terror with your life at stake.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CarGuideNG: 3:56pm On Nov 18, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (2095) (2096) (2097) (2098) (2099) (2100) (2101) ... (5697) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Resurgent2016 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.