Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,517 members, 7,861,492 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:12 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4888810 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2206) (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) ... (5719) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:11am On Dec 16, 2019
Cutiekatty:

Which vehicle are you using?
Don't be deceived , he didn't use fuel of #2,500. For 13 trips.
What happened was he bought only #2,500 fuel yesterday to d one DT was already in the tank.
And he also used a substantial amount of the fuel he had in the tank initially but didn't put that into the costing.

Give or take n regardless of d kind of machine he is using. he will need @ least 5k to do that no of trips.

Don't be carried away at all. 2,500 - 13 trips.?

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 7:14am On Dec 16, 2019
radautoworks:

Yes which is why he can fire him at will and yes which is why they need your consent to do anything. You ignored the part where I said there are also responsibilities on their part.
@bold No u are mixing it all up, termination is not limited to Sowore alone, Falana can also decide to back out at anytime. There is a difference between a client and a boss, a customer and a boss. Your client can't be your boss, your customer can't be your boss. If in the middle of a trip the rider feels uncomfortable with a ride, the rider can terminate the trip, same apply to drivers, if the driver also feels uncomfortable, he can kick the rider out of his car

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 7:19am On Dec 16, 2019
Ger this

Riders dont have monopoly of rudeness.
Any rude riders deserve same treatment.
If i give you a ride; you're not my boss; my services are only limited to picking u and dropping you at your destination. Respect between the driver and the rider should be mutual.
If u smoke or eat or put up any foul attitude in my car, I can cancel and ask you to get out.

I agree presentation matters but if a driver decides to dress as he wants, it shouldn't be any rider's problem. The driver isnt his employee or is there any code of dressing in uber? If drivers have no problem with riders' dressing, riders shouldn't also unles there is any code of dressing for drivers.
dru23:

With these your attitude, it means you can't do uber in the USA or customer service related jobs.... Uber Drivers in the USA do get similar rude customers.. But it is how you handle them that matters.... And keep in mind your presentation matters.. Just because you do uber, does not mean you shouldn't look presentable .. How you carry yourself and present yourself is how people will take you serious.... If riders are asking you to do this and that ,and those things are not inline with uber's policy.. Just let the rider know what the policy is .. There is system in place to grade riders .. Than grade them , after all they are grading you too..

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 7:19am On Dec 16, 2019
AngryIgboMan:
I don't really know what some people achieve showing off earnings. I don't know when some of you will have sense.

People Can't hurt what they don't know. Keep your stuppid earnings to your stuppid person alone. Nobody needs any motivation.

When will some of you ever learn. Small boys everywhere.

ARMED ROBBERS, AGBERO, LASTMA, VIO, ROAD SAFETY, AIRPORT OFFICIALS AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT BOYS ARE AFTER DRIVERS BECAUSE OF FOOLISH POSTINGS LIKE THESE.

You dont know who is reading. Pay attention to this.

Most of these trips are on surge which implies multiple earnings. VI to Ikeja instead of 2500 or so will now be 5k. Its simple logic. Its not an everyday thing. Drivers normally suffer from January to November.

Drivers normally cash out during xmas period. Stop exposing yourself and other drivers.

Day before yesterday, armed robbers attacked and nearly killed an Uber driver at Cele.

Angela Okorie was attacked probably because they wanted to kidnap her thinking she has money not knowing all these intagram celebs live fake life. Even the G Wagon she drives may be the car of a sugar daddy who lives abroad.

I Repeat. You dont know who is monitoring and reading updates on this forum. KEEP YOUR STUPPID EARNINGS TO YOUR STUPPID PERSONALITY SINCE YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE SENSE.

The foolishness mehn.......
I've made some very humongous and unbelievable earnings on the platform,but I've never in my riding career showed it off ,because I now understand it can be depressing on some hard working peeps here. it can also make some peeps overworks themselves.
I really don't want to blame peeps showing off. you see bro,most of them haven't made do much in their lives in a day,and the thing just hits them to insanity hence the shameless display of earnings.
the truth is that some of these lads will cry blood in January. ive been here long enough to know how it will end.ask the veterans,they'll tell you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 7:22am On Dec 16, 2019
dru23:

With these your attitude, it means you can't do uber in the USA or customer service related jobs.... Uber Drivers in the USA do get similar rude customers.. But it is how you handle them that matters.... And keep in mind your presentation matters.. Just because you do uber, does not mean you shouldn't look presentable .. How you carry yourself and present yourself is how people will take you serious.... If riders are asking you to do this and that ,and those things are not inline with uber's policy.. Just let the rider know what the policy is .. There is system in place to grade riders .. Than grade them , after all they are grading you too..

The average American driver in the USA don't tolerate what other drivers tolerate in other parts of the world. Except for immigrants doing uber over there. YouTube is there to back it up. They don't even tolerate rude talk in their cars, they kick u out of their car

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:26am On Dec 16, 2019
radautoworks:

One does not negate the other. Yes, they paid to be the boss from point A to B but even bosses have rules of decorum. It's the reason why bosses shouldn't be slapping employees. They are still in charge but are expected to behave a certain way. This is the service industry. If one cannot humble themselves and give service, they are in the wrong industry. This is the wrong industry for someone who wants to be in charge all the time.

Madame Radauto, it is waste of time explaining customers service to these drivers. Most of them can't work in a customer service industry in the USA...

On these matter me and you can relate .. Due to the fact not only on education level, not saying uber drivers are not educated. but been exposed internationally .. Since some unfortunately has never travel out of the shore of Nigeria .. It will be very hard for them to relate to you....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 7:26am On Dec 16, 2019
Drivers are partners to uber or bolt.

We've already dealt with this "Drivers are employees to uber" several times.

Drivers are partners and that is why they can choose to work with any platform any time. I can decide to abandon bolt or Uber for months and stick to Ocar and abandon same if i want again.

Drivers arent employees to uber, at least at present. Even these platforms call them partners.

Just becuase uber/bolt can remove any driver doesnt make then bosses, drivers have same priviledge to abandon any platform at anytime for another.

dru23:

PS.. A lot of drivers are in directly an employee of uber.. You an employee at will.. Meaning no contract was sign by either party....Uber can fire you at will and you can stop for them at your own will.. So everybody is slave or better yet a boss to someone.. Rider are bosses to uber, meaning if there is not enough riders.. Uber will not make money . And you as a driver will not get paid .. On that level people should play their position

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:32am On Dec 16, 2019
Rubbiish:

The average American driver in the USA don't tolerate what other drivers tolerate in other parts of the world. Except for immigrants doing uber over there. YouTube is there to back it up. They don't even tolerate rude talk in their cars, they kick u out of their car

So with that behavior , how many of them are still working for uber?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 7:34am On Dec 16, 2019
Are USA drivers slaves to riders?

Do u even know many usa riders sont have foul attitudes as much as Nigerian ones?

So u know recently that Barkley, a chelsea player, dirtied a driver's car and the car insisted on cleaning fee, when Barkley refused insisting he had nooney, he drove him to police and police took him to Atm to get the money for the driver.

Does thar scenario look like 'Boss' one?

Driver-Rider relationship should be with mutual respect, I undersrand it is a service company but no one is anyone's boss here. There are limits to riders and drivers. No one has the monopoly of being rude.

Good day

dru23:

Madame Radauto, it is waste of time explaining customers service to these drivers. Most of them can't work in a customer service industry in the USA...

On these matter me and you can relate .. Due to the fact not only on education level, not saying uber drivers are not educated. but been exposed internationally .. Since some unfortunately has never travel out of the shore of Nigeria .. It will be very hard for them to relate to you....

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:37am On Dec 16, 2019
peeps4u:

Drivers are partners and that is why they can choose to work with any platform any time. I can decide to abandon bolt or Uber for months and stick to Ocar and abandon same if i want again.

Drivers arent employees to uber, at least at present. Even these platforms call them partners.

Just becuase uber/bolt can remove any driver doesnt make then bosses, drivers have same priviledge to abandon any platform at anytime for another.

No matter how you want to spin it .. As long as you work for anybody. And there is no contract sign , you are employee / partner / contractor at will.. Customers are key in any business. And they should be mutual respect, just as much as uber can ban you because of customer issue.. Uber can also ban customers, that is why there is a rating system for both drivers and riders...

That been said, you said you are the boss. And if one app is treating you bad. You move on to the next one .. So what happens if another customer treats you bad again .. So you keep jumping from one app to another. By the time you keep jumping, you would have been ban from all the apps.. So what happens next ? You create you own app ?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 7:43am On Dec 16, 2019
dru23:

So with that behavior , how many of them are still working for uber?

Maybe it is ghost that drives on Uber in USA now.

Every lil, people will say "go to usa" like can u eat in a driver's car in usa or be rude to him unless he allows it?
Here; a rider will even place his legs on driver's arm rest and do all silly things. Butyiu 2qnt to pass it ofd with "Riders are bosses".
Bosses my foot.

Everyone; riders and drivers should be guided and know his boundary, and this starts from knowing Riders arent bosses to drivers but just only to be taken from point A to point B and pay.

Drivers should have a decorum so also the riders.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 7:43am On Dec 16, 2019
dru23:

@bold which USA are u talking about?
If u are not an American citizen do not expect them to treat u same as one of their own. They know u are an immigrant probably with incomplete documentation, so they can trample on your right and nothing will happen. They don't treat their fellow citizen same way. I will encourage everyone to watch the video below to the end especially uber drivers, to see how the average American will react as an uber driver and how immigrants reacts. Most of these minor customer service jobs are done by immigrants, trust humans to always trample on their right, but it doesn't mean it is how things are done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1psBBjAxprw

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 7:45am On Dec 16, 2019
Gbas Gbos everywhere!

I think I agree with the earnings posting. I apologise for posting my earnings. Let everybody keep his earnings to his pocket. This is an open forum anyone could be reading.

This week is going to be good.

No loss of lives, no accidents, no issues I pray.

Izzou don Japa go Canada?

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 7:48am On Dec 16, 2019
mrjaydee:
Gbas Gbos everywhere!

I think I agree with the earnings posting. I apologise for posting my earnings. Let everybody keep his earnings to his pocket. This is an open forum anyone could be reading.

I guess so.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:48am On Dec 16, 2019
peeps4u:

You still not getting it .. Words have power ..instead of them sayin taxi drivers , they call it partners.. The objective here is distance themselves from traditional taxi business. And present the business as more of a service industry and distinguish themselves from others.

Since you guys are called " partners" when was the last time you were at uber's board meeting.. And how many shares do you have in the company?

Do you really understand what a business partner is ?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:14am On Dec 16, 2019
eherbal:
I've made some very humongous and unbelievable earnings on the platform,but I've never in my riding career showed it off ,because I now understand it can be depressing on some hard working peeps here. it can also make some peeps overworks themselves.
I really don't want to blame peeps showing off. you see bro,most of them haven't made do much in their lives in a day,and the thing just hits them to insanity hence the shameless display of earnings.
the truth is that some of these lads will cry blood in January. ive been here long enough to know how it will end.ask the veterans,they'll tell you.
Winter is coming ���, and to all those greedy renters and desperate drivers collect cars @35-40/week because the business is bumming these period called festive please remember winter is coming oooh , January is just around the corner. Owu go blow them. Plenty car owners will wake up to see drivers returning their cars in a very bad condition.

I read one man swearing and raining curses on a driver the other day, during the winter we will read and see more of these issues.���

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Prince3(m): 8:23am On Dec 16, 2019
Bigdam:
Uber /bolt driver needed...25k weekly . Must reside around ikeja,ogba,agege, ojota ,iyana oworo .contact 08132492726 on WhatsApp
I reside at Satellite town close to Festac town. Check ur WhatsApp
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:23am On Dec 16, 2019
mrjaydee:
Gbas Gbos everywhere!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:26am On Dec 16, 2019
Rubbiish:

@bold which USA are u talking about?
If u are not an American citizen do not expect them to treat u same as one of their own. They know u are an immigrant probably with incomplete documentation, so they can trample on your right and nothing will happen. They don't treat their fellow citizen same way. I will encourage everyone to watch the video below to the end especially uber drivers, to see how the average American will react as an uber driver and how immigrants reacts. Most of these minor customer service jobs are done by immigrants, trust humans to always trample on their right, but it doesn't mean it is how things are done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1psBBjAxprw

So because you are an immigrant you don't have rights. Or immigrants can't legally work in the USA. Or better yet if you want to do uber in the USA . You just get a car and sign up with uber, than you start driving..
But are you aware uber does background checks on all of its drivers? Do you know that you have to have a valid drivers license to drive uber. Are you aware that you need a valid social security number to do uber? If you are illegal in the country it will hard to do uber? Unless you are using somebody else documentation? Do you know what you are saying at all

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by topsydee007: 8:30am On Dec 16, 2019
This issue of rider-driver relationship.

Most times before a rider will behave rudely to u..they would have accesed your dressing, countenance and the way u speak. If u dress well, speak well and have a good carriage. 98% of riders will respect u.

15 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:34am On Dec 16, 2019
topsydee007:
This issue of rider-driver relationship.

Most times before a rider will behave rudely to u..they would have accesed your dressing, countenance and the way u speak. If u dress well, speak well and have a good carriage. 98% of riders will respect u.

You shall live long and prosper

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by topsydee007: 8:36am On Dec 16, 2019
dru23:

You shall live long and prosper

Amen.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Prince3(m): 8:47am On Dec 16, 2019
manny656:
Now say it without crying !

Hahaha. Funny fellow

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexzyy(m): 8:50am On Dec 16, 2019
peeps4u:
Are USA drivers slaves to riders?

Do u even know many usa riders sont have foul attitudes as much as Nigerian ones?

So u know recently that Barkley, a chelsea player, dirtied a driver's car and the car insisted on cleaning fee, when Barkley refused insisting he had nooney, he drove him to police and police took him to Atm to get the money for the driver.

Does thar scenario look like 'Boss' one?

Driver-Rider relationship should be with mutual respect, I undersrand it is a service company but no one is anyone's boss here. There are limits to riders and drivers. No one has the monopoly of being rude.

Good day

Barkley was even left out of Chelsea matchday squad for weeks because of the unprofessional behavior.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 8:55am On Dec 16, 2019
lexzyy:
Barkley was even left out of Chelsea matchday squad for weeks because of the unprofessional behavior.

He's not informed, I guess, but wants to turn the whole arguments to "they've not been to USA". You dont need to be in USA to know and see how things are done.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by francofoks: 8:56am On Dec 16, 2019
Hello house, good day. My toyota matrix went off on motion n refuse to kick. only showing dashboard light but the battery icon doesn't show at all.
NB: it has happened b4 but was told it was a fuse, it was changed but it's reoccuring, I checked the fuse but it's ok. pls engineers in the house what could be possibly wrong.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 8:59am On Dec 16, 2019
I've heard you. You assumed that for uber or they told you that ia the reason for choosing "partner" word?
Uber can still call drivers employers or workees withiut using the word "taxi drivers" but they chiose partners because in reality, the realtionship is partnership, not boss to servant relationship.

dru23:

You still not getting it .. Words have power ..instead of them sayin taxi drivers , they call it partners.. The objective here is distance themselves from traditional taxi business. And present the business as more of a service industry and distinguish themselves from others.

Since you guys are called " partners" when was the last time you were at uber's board meeting.. And how many shares do you have in the company?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Prince3(m): 9:01am On Dec 16, 2019
dru23:

PS.. A lot of drivers are in directly an employee of uber.. You an employee at will.. Meaning no contract was sign by either party....Uber can fire you at will and you can stop for them at your own will.. So everybody is slave or better yet a boss to someone.. Rider are bosses to uber, meaning if there is not enough riders.. Uber will not make money . And you as a driver will not get paid .. On that level people should play their position
That does not mean if Uber folds, car owners won't still make money.. so drivers can still get paid by riders if they go on taxi. Are you guys forgetting that they use to be strictly taxi before Uber and their likes. In other words, no one is any ones boss. Every one is his or her own boss.
My own little cents. Afterall am still looking for a car.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:03am On Dec 16, 2019
Partnership in business doesnt mean business co-ownweship.

Partnership can exist in any form. I run a business and partnership with you to supply me oil, you are not a co-owner with me or should be in boaed meeting with me. Stop digressing.

Have a nice day

dru23:

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:04am On Dec 16, 2019
dru23:

Oga which one you no even dey self, since yesterday till this very moment you guys have been discussing and lecturing yourselves on one subject and non of you want to take a bow and have a humble leave and funny enough I read where you claim to be educated and internationally exposed while the other persons not privilege are then what? Illiterate and village boys abi?

If you think you’re wealthy, famous, healthy or can afford travel to any where you can don’t think the other man is not doing h/h best or not working more than you do, so don’t take you privileges for granted thinking it’s your making God has reasons for everything.

A guy here will always say each time I call him “boss” in our private chat, “don’t call me boss, we all are boss”. Such a humble guy with plenty of money and international profile yet you won’t hear it.

Empty can they say makes the loudest noise

19 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 16, 2019

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 16, 2019

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2206) (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) ... (5719) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: geezyk(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.