Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,848 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2679) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4751953 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2676) (2677) (2678) (2679) (2680) (2681) (2682) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 9:26am On May 09, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IquvlIaAduY

It is a hard time for the world, businesses are closing down the once left are faced with huge competition to deal with and the ride share industry is not left out as drivers now struggle to make a fraction of what they make before the Covid 19 trouble.

Here are 5 things you can do to give you a competitive edge over other uber and bolt drivers on the road.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by owolabi5: 9:30am On May 09, 2020
CAR PAPERS
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:36am On May 09, 2020
Same here bro. Everything dey on stand still here At Agungi axis. Yet to have a ride today.
Parlee:
2 hours after leaving my house I still havent gotten 1 request. I dont know if I should leave where I parked again to somewhere else or just stay there cos I been to different areas and didnt get any request before eventually parking somewhere. The business isnt worth it this period from the look of things.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 11:03am On May 09, 2020
Everywhere dry even on a saturday... this is really bad. Work resumes fully on monday if there is no lockdown extension. It is well.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 11:08am On May 09, 2020
Its expected for today to be dry

There is no sure place to visit today. No beach, club, eatery(most only allow takeaways), funspots, even some hotels are on recess grin

You guys should just limit your hustle to weekdays for now. Even tomorrow won't make much sense, unless Grace finds you.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Parlee(m): 11:20am On May 09, 2020
4 hours later only one trip to apapa, I dare not decline it lol I sha go no traffic at all thank God. Another request came in but dudes address was wrong and he didnt even know where he was I just jeje collect the 4h cancellation fee atleast that will remove a reasonable amount out of my negative balance... Going all the way back to ikeja after staying around surulere for over 20 mins. If I no see na house straight

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 11:22am On May 09, 2020
owolabi5:
CAR PAPERS

This Mr owolabi self is funny

Before corona his advert for car papers was more detail and documented,

Arrival of corona the details reduce letting go of some of it content

Now its just car papers

cheesy cheesy only god knows what his future post will look like grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:25am On May 09, 2020
AC is the main killer in this job.

And the only thing I achieved yesterday was paying some good fraction of my bolt debt.

Since yesterday was Friday I decided to drive base on some indicators which point to a bullish out at the end of the day.

Most people would want to go out and get money for the weekend.
Most people working on the island would want to come back home after their usual 1week around their offices.
Demands for humanitarian workers "olosho" is usually every Fridays.
Last opening day for market in the week.
et el.

Put on bolt apps which is uber and taxify. Mind you I didnt go out on Thursdays at all apart from driving to refuel at the filling station. I bought N1k fuel.

Now see how your AC is the main reason drivers are not netting reasonable income.

With approximately N1500 in my tank I didn't want to leave the house unless a request comes in, so, 1st request came in after about 1hr on taxify.

At first I was reluctant but drove to PU believing I could convince rider to go on offtrip since I was owning bolt N12,212. But unfortunately rider disagreed, its was a 3rd party ride. I didnt wanna start my day with paying debt knowing fully well I'm having just about N1500 pms in my tank with no other cash on me. So I drove off. That trip would have ended N2+. But no worries! I was positive to have a good day and I truly did.

The 2nd request came in on uber that would have been my 13th trip on uber for the week. Trip started without AC but as the traffic was building up with so much dust and heat and i notice rider(he) was contious with his phone and was sweating vigorously I then decided to put on the AC. Trip was from Scheme 1, Oko Oba,Agege to inside berger. Trip ended N1900

The next trip came in while I was get to end the 1st. At this time I didnt use AC but was a short trip still within inside Berger. The lady paid N500 still cash.

Drove from inside berger around the FRSC to ADDAS SuperMat Agidingbin, parked in their car lot for about 40min then the 3rd came in, babe was going to Adeniji Jones and trip ended N700 cash.
Still no AC.

I then on the AC a little due to traffic and drove, waited for some minutes with no show, driving to ikeja along a delivery trip to Osborne offshore estate, Ikoyi. No AC still and trip ended N2500.

Atbthis point my fuel indicator was then showing. Drove from there to NNPC b4 falomo. Bought N1500. Drove down to falomo close to the bridge then a trip came in on taxify, destination- Ajah.

Now; lets do the math.
All trips where cash uber trips.
1st trip = 1900
2nd trip = 500
3rd trip = 700
4th trip = 2500

Total = 4600.
Estimated fuel in Naira (N)= 1500.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 11:40am On May 09, 2020
Felicity0001:

And the only thing I achieved yesterday was paying some good fraction of my bolt debt.

Since yesterday was Friday I decided to drive base on some indicators which point to a bullish out at the end of the day.

Most people working on the island would want to come back home after their usual 1week around their offices.
et el.

Put on bolt apps which is uber and taxify. Mind you I didnt go out on Thursdays at all apart from driving to refuel at the filling station. I bought N1k fuel.

Now see how your AC is the main reason drivers are not netting reasonable income.

With approximately N1500 in my tank I didn't want to leave the house unless a request comes in, so, 1st request came in after about 1hr on taxify.

At first I was reluctant but drove to PU believing I could convince rider to go on offtrip since I was owning bolt N12,212. But unfortunately rider disagreed, its was a 3rd party ride. I didnt wanna start my day with paying debt knowing fully well I'm having just about N1500 pms in my tank with no other cash on me. So I drove off. That trip would have ended N2+. But no worries! I was positive to have a good day and I truly did.

The 2nd request came in on uber that would have been my 13th trip on uber for the week. Trip started without AC but as the traffic was building up with so much dust and heat and i notice rider(he) was contious with his phone and was sweating vigorously I then decided to put on the AC. Trip was from Scheme 1, Oko Oba,Agege to inside berger. Trip ended N1900

The next trip came in while I was get to end the 1st. At this time I didnt use AC but was a short trip still within inside Berger. The lady paid N500 still cash.

Drove from inside berger around the FRSC to ADDAS SuperMat Agidingbin, parked in their car lot for about 40min then the 3rd came in, babe was going to Adeniji Jones and trip ended N700 cash.
Still no AC.

I then on the AC a little due to traffic and drove, waited for some minutes with no show, driving to ikeja along a delivery trip to Osborne offshore estate, Ikoyi. No AC still and trip ended N2500.

Atbthis point my fuel indicator was then showing. Drove from there to NNPC b4 falomo. Bought N1500. Drove down to falomo close to the bridge then a trip came in on taxify, destination- Ajah.

Now; lets do the math.
1st trip = 1900
2nd trip = 500
3rd trip = 700
4th trip = 2500

Total = 4600.

Minus uber commission you will be left with 3450naira minus 1500 for fuel.. you are left with 1950naira.

U see where I'm going... the work is total bullshit for now.

It will only favour car owners that chose to drive thier cars for now bro.. grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 11:51am On May 09, 2020
mrjaydee:

Minus uber commission you will be left with 3450naira minus 1500 for fuel.. you are left with 1950naira.

It will only favour car owners that chose to drive thier cars for now bro.. grin

grin grin grin grin

You, my friend, are not nice

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 09, 2020
mrjaydee:

Card and data cost ....possible depletion cost ..N400

So 1950 less 400..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 12:14pm On May 09, 2020
Felicity0001:

et el.

Still no AC.

Now; lets do the math.
1st trip = 1900
2nd trip = 500
3rd trip = 700
4th trip = 2500

Total = 4600.

Bros, I will chat you up on WhatsApp.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 12:17pm On May 09, 2020
Vision2045:

Card and data cost ....possible depletion cost ..N400

So 1950 less 400..

Minus Gala and Pepsi inside traffic with hot sun 200......
1350..... Left

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 12:28pm On May 09, 2020
Ok.. Conti...

Started Trip to Ajah, babe transload almost 3 bags filled with kun kun shoes inside boot with other loads at the back seats from a Honda evil spirit to my car, sat in the from seat with her face mask already on and we started the journey to Ajah Sangotedo a land of long return. With the mindset road would be free I never knew I was in for an almost 2hrs trip. We never even start babe don dey sweat like a lamp heading for a slaughter.

Was trying to explain why we can't put on AC babe interrupted, ha! You can see I'm putting on a wool clothing, besides the weather is hot how would th... I interrupted, "Don't wprry, I myself I'm even sweating as well and not comfortable".
I no know say na 1 chance I dey put myself so. Come and c traffic. From Nnzumba Azik Rd down to 1st, 2nd, 3rd and the worst one fish round about Ajah. Finally trip ended and from start to finish AC was on. Chai! I won cry as I could see how my fuel guage was running low quickly.

Trip ended N3200
27.9km
94mins.

My bolt debt reduced to like 9k+

It was almost 6pm I need to be on my way back to Abule Egba. Sha I go blow empty of make I Cary passengers? I was just contemplating on how to get a trip back home as time was running against me. I'd already set destination on bolt. My uber app was on as well. Chai! No trip oooh...who send me come Ajah on a lockdown like this so ooh... B4 I could aay Jack. Taxify ring with no destination along side. I quickly called rider he said Ikeja. Ha!

Thank God!

Got to PU one smally I presume "olosho", came out of the compound I wanted request for an offtrip but from experience as I don't know how to charge people too well things might go against me and rider might change mind also the guy she was going to meet was the one that made the request. I just decided I take it at least this might take me out of the restriction on cash trip on bolt since they have more request this trying period so you're on a better side working with bolt now.

Destination was actually Egbeda. Babe disnt even want AC, you needed to see the joy that flowed in my heart.

Getting to Admiralty way my indicator light was already showing so I'd to quickly refuel.

Mind you I was having approx: N3800 cash on me after paying for toll going to Ajah and bought bottle water. I didn't want to spend all money buying fuel since I wasn't expecting to receive any cash so I bought fuel this time N500.

Paid toll again and was so left with about N3000 or thereabout.

Serious traffic on the 3MD, Bank Anthony way and Ikeja inside. Finally arrived Egbeda just 2min to 8pm.

Me: ... babe is the person coming to pick you up from here?
Rider: no I will take a bus
Me: a bus? You dont want me to taje you down to the place?
Rider: bolt didn't allow us book the actual destination.

I quickly understood that because of the arriving time so bolt didn't grant the actual destination due to the curfew which commence by 8pm.

Me: Ok, why not call the guy let him update the address to Ewedogbon b/s, Igandu...dont even worry the app must have blacked out so he wont be able to update it. I'll take there but on a separate charge. She agreed without hesitating. It took another 30-45min to drive from Egbeda b/s to the place ahe was going.

Zoom! I started blowimg home. Another serious traffic at that Idumu roundabout, I used map to maneuver to cut it off. Fuel indication has already come up at this point.

Arrived home, thank god!!!

So in conclusion;

N1000 fuel from Abule Egba down to Oko Oba and down to Berger.
Within berger and within Omaha and down to Osborne and to NNPC. AC was on for let me 1hr:30min.

I spent N1500 fuel going to Sangotedo from Falomo with AC on.

From there down to Fortoil Admiralty way with AC before refueling. N1500 on fuel.

Then;
N500 fuel without AC from fort oil Admiralty down to Igandu and from their back to Abule Egba.

2nd phase of buying fuel AC was also used for about 1hr:34min.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 12:49pm On May 09, 2020
Felicity0001:
Ok.. Conti...

Started Trip to Ajah, babe transload almost 3 bags filled with kun kun shoes inside boot with other loads at the back seats from a Honda evil spirit to my car, sat in the from seat with her face mask already on and we started the journey to Ajah Sangotedo a land of long return. With the mindset road would be free I never knew I was in for an almost 2hrs trip. We never even start babe don dey sweat like a lamp heading for a slaughter.

Was trying to explain why we can't put on AC babe interrupted, ha! You can see I'm putting on a wool clothing, besides the weather is hot how would th... I interrupted, "Don't wprry, I myself I'm even sweating as well and not comfortable".
I no know say na 1 chance I dey put myself so. Come and c traffic. From Nnzumba Azik Rd down to 1st, 2nd, 3rd and the worst one fish round about Ajah. Finally trip ended and from start to finish AC was on. Chai! I won cry as I could see how my fuel guage was running low quickly.

Trip ended N3200
27.9km
94mins.

It was almost 6pm I need to be on my way back to Abule Egba. Sha I go blow empty of make I Cary passengers? I was just contemplating on how to get a trip back home as time was running against me. I'd already set destination on bolt. My uber app was on as well. Chai! No trip oooh...who send me come Ajah on a lockdown like this so ooh... B4 I could aay Jack. Taxify ring with no destination along side. I quickly called rider he said Ikeja. Ha!

Thank God!

Got to PU one smally I presume "olosho", came out of the compound I wanted request for an offtrip but from experience as I don't know how to charge people too well things might go against me and rider might change mind also the guy she was going to meet was the one that made the request. I just decided I take it at least this might take me out of the restriction on cash trip on bolt since they have more request this trying period so you're on a better side working with bolt now.

Destination was actually Egbeda. Babe disnt even want AC, you needed to see the joy that flowed in my heart.

Getting to Admiralty way my indicator light was already showing so I'd to quickly refuel.

Mind you I was having approx: N3800 cash on me after paying for toll going to Ajah and bought bottle water. I didn't want to spend all money buying fuel since I wasn't expecting to receive any cash so I bought fuel this time N500.

Serious traffic on the 3MD, Bank Anthony way and Ikeja inside. Finally arrived Egbeda just 2min to 8pm.

I quickly understood that because of the arriving time so bolt didn't grant the actual destination due to the curfew which commence by 8pm.

Me: Ok, why not call the guy let him update the address to Ewedogbon b/s, Igandu...dont even worry the app must have blacked out so he wont be able to update it. I'll take there but on a separate charge. She agreed without hesitating. It took another 30-45min to drive from Egbeda b/s to the place ahe was going.

Zoom! I started blowimg home. Another serious traffic at that Idumu roundabout, I used map to maneuver to cut it off. Fuel indication has already come up at this point.

So in conclusion;

Within berger and within Omaha and down to Osborne and to NNPC. AC was on for let me 1hr:30min.

From there down to Fortoil Admiralty way with AC before refueling. N1500 on fuel.

Then;
N500 fuel without AC from fort oil Admiralty down to Igandu and from their back to Abule Egba.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 12:53pm On May 09, 2020
The only trip that pays now is when offline except bolt /Uber reduce their commission.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 12:55pm On May 09, 2020
Felicity0001:
Ok.. Conti...

Trip ended N3200
27.9km
94mins.

Thank God!

So in conclusion;

Then;

The story long o but I read am finish cos I am doing nothing at the moment.

You are lucky sha

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 1:01pm On May 09, 2020
mrjaydee:

You're absolutely right the only savour I'd was I've N1500 in my uber wallet. What is left now after yesterday commission is N50.

Even if uber brings back the commission of 3% after 20 trips drivers will still suffer because I managed to only complete 16trips at COB yesterday. i don't have any plan driving today n tomorrow at all because I no nobody is going out.

So Las Las na uber and bolt dey enjoy the work now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 1:02pm On May 09, 2020
Felicity0001:
Ok.. Conti...

Trip ended N3200
27.9km
94mins.

Thank God!

So in conclusion;

Then;

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 1:03pm On May 09, 2020
Felicity0001, you sabi write story ooo.

If i may ask, how much are you paying your partner this period?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cyril009(m): 1:24pm On May 09, 2020
Do we have riders here pride,Max or gokada
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 1:24pm On May 09, 2020
peeps4u:

My brother, na big question you ask so, with the ride-sharing app's mammoth commission in addition to rental payments?

I no even bother to pick my partner's calls when he called me yesterday.

Eh better make I dey sleep dey wake up at least for now.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cyril009(m): 1:24pm On May 09, 2020
Do we have riders Oride,Max or gokada here o this thread
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 1:44pm On May 09, 2020
Mjosh1000:

The story long o but I read am finish cos I am doing nothing at the moment.

You are lucky sha
Yes, very lengthy. I have a reason for doing it.

My total trip for this week is:

16 uber trips with a total of N18,500

Taxify just 2 trip due to cash restriction.
Total amount to N7800.

Total Net: N26,300
Amount spent of fuel, ~= N10,000
Data subscription= 1000
Amount spent on car wash this week = 1000
Miscellaneous which include feeding and call card = 2000.

NB: N7800 is what I will tag "deficit revenue". Those in financial sector can help me out with the right term. This revenue was used to service debt commission.

So my take home after all deduction and expenses was:

N26,300 - 10,000 - 7800 - 1000 - 1000 - 2000

= N26,300 - N21, 800

= N4,500

So even I where the owner of the car driving at this time isn't worth it self.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 1:50pm On May 09, 2020
Seun360:

My brother, na big question you ask so, with the ride-sharing app's mammoth commission in addition to rental payments?

I no even bother to pick my partner's calls when he called me yesterday.

Eh better make I dey sleep dey wake up at least for now.

I advise you return that car so you don't spoil your relationship with her. I recall you speak fondly of her.

Oh, I thought this was felicity0001
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 1:51pm On May 09, 2020
peeps4u:

I'm still trying to improve on my essay.

Regarding your question in the rent, its whybi said some days ago that we should pray against having problem with partners and spouse this period because this is really a trying time for everyone.

I'm sure my partner is reading.

But I'm optimistic next week will be better since I've been able to break the cash barrier on my account.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 1:55pm On May 09, 2020
Felicity0001:

I'm still trying to improve on my essay.

Regarding your question in the rent, its whybi said some days ago that we should pray against having problem with partners and spouse this period because this is really a trying time for everyone.

I'm sure my partner is reading.

But I'm optimistic next week will be better since I've been able to break the cash barrier on my account.

My partner reached out to me this week if I would be available and interested to start work but I told him we should observe for a while. I wouldn't want to spoil my name and our relationship.

I hope your partner understands?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:01pm On May 09, 2020
peeps4u:

I advise you return that car so you don't spoil your relationship with her. I recall you speak fondly of her.

Oh, I thought this was felicity0001
Yes I knew you were referring to me.

Somebody talked about and "ideal" driver thw other day but failed to talk about an "ideal" partner.

In this trying period which I see will be lasting for some long time I'll rest for now while I conti2 later to share some tips on one can stay afloat in this trying time.

For the now. Stay safe my people.

For the first time in the history of the world we gonna be experiencing the worst ever recession which I single mindedly call winter.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 2:03pm On May 09, 2020
My heart goes out to you all this period, especially those who have this as their sole source of income

God go have mercy on all of us

This Felicity story touch me oh embarassed

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 2:56pm On May 09, 2020
I just hope no HP partner will be asking their drivers to go work and remit 30k this period.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 3:03pm On May 09, 2020
On Thursday, I topped up fuel by #1,000.

Didn't get request till lyk 11am .

2 cash trips. Everything #1,400.

Uber commission- #360

Net- #1,040.

Small offline- #500.

When it was around 3 pm.. N I didn't see d sense in waiting ( been waiting for over 2hrs).

I headed back home.

My net on DT day was #540.

Infact, I blamed myself for coming out.

Suffered myself n the car for #540 naira. embarassed

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by owolabi5: 3:26pm On May 09, 2020
✅ Lagos Plate Number

✅ Change of Ownership

✅ Dealer Plate Number

✅ Renewal of Vehicle Particulars

Call: 08033539981

WhatsApp : 08182880902

carpapers.com.ng

Office Address:

Ministry of Transportation

VIO OFFICE

OWODE ONIRIN BUS STOP

OPPOSITE OWODE ONIRIN MARKET

ALONG IKORODU ROAD

LAGOS

(1) (2) (3) ... (2676) (2677) (2678) (2679) (2680) (2681) (2682) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Kaymaxi2222(m), Twilight2 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.