Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2676) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4743396 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2673) (2674) (2675) (2676) (2677) (2678) (2679) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 8:51am On May 07, 2020
Is Uber 3% still active?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by trifonov: 9:21am On May 07, 2020
davit:

OLX? grin

OLX became JIji smiley Jiji acquires OLX
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Adortem: 9:25am On May 07, 2020
URGENT VACANCY

Job Title: Driver

Job Type: Full-time

Responsibilities
• Ensure that the company vehicles are clean and well taken care of at all times.
• Conveyance of clients and staff.
• Monitor and carry out routine checks of vehicles and report accordingly.
• Ensure that company vehicles are driven safely, reduce the possibility of theft and damage
• Maintain company procedures and regulations.
• Record all movement in the vehicle log book provided for the vehicle.
• Carry out other duties assigned by management.
• Inform administration of the renewal of insurance and vehicle papers 30days in advance before the expiration of the existing policy/ papers.
• Other duties as assigned

Requirements and Skills
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Must have previous professional driving experience, or have graduated from a driving school.
• Must have the ability to read and write English language. Perform simple mathematical calculations. Must have mental ability to handle receipts; read maps, road signs, maintain record of duty status, etc.
• Must have working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
• Must have knowledge of dot regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspection and maintenance.
• Must satisfactorily pass a drug test.
• Must satisfactorily pass an alcohol test (if applicable)

Minimum Qualification Requirements
• Minimum of senior school certificate.
• Must be familiar with Lagos routes.
• Must reside at Lekki-Ajah axis.
• Must have at least 5 years professional driving experience.

Minimum Experience: More than 5 years
Salary: Negotiable

Call or Whatsapp: 08187700144 immediately if you meet the requirements.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:30am On May 07, 2020
Biodunforu:
My brothers please anyone with bolt and Uber customer care line should help me with them. Thanks

For bolt 0803 901 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EaRtHgUy(m): 10:42am On May 07, 2020
Guys please has Uber started?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:30am On May 07, 2020
chillex8:
Walahi. Plenty lagosians go catch this virus.
Wetin my eyes see today shocked

Concombility

3 people tested positive and went to IDH . All of them are out now they tested negative. Two of them spent 17 days and the last one 21days @ onikan.
Why dis story?

D last guy came out yesterday and after trying to get peeps to come pick him, he was told to get a taxi. And a bolt driver Sharply showed up.
Though he tested negative he was asked to go on self isolation for next 14 days.

So guys u need to be extra careful out there.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 2:06pm On May 07, 2020
Looks like today is good.. nobody is saying it's dry... Has business picked
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stephenwa(m): 2:09pm On May 07, 2020
Yes Uber App is working...But request is very very slow..u can wait for 3hrs just looking at ur phone..without anything...depending on ur location as well.
EaRtHgUy:
Guys please has Uber started?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 2:26pm On May 07, 2020
stephenwa:
Yes Uber App is working...But request is very very slow..u can wait for 3hrs just looking at ur phone..without anything...depending on ur location as well.
Nawao, how is request like on the Island?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 2:29pm On May 07, 2020
Adortem:
URGENT VACANCY

Job Title: Driver

Job Type: Full-time

Responsibilities
• Ensure that the company vehicles are clean and well taken care of at all times.
• Conveyance of clients and staff.
• Monitor and carry out routine checks of vehicles and report accordingly.
• Ensure that company vehicles are driven safely, reduce the possibility of theft and damage
• Maintain company procedures and regulations.
• Record all movement in the vehicle log book provided for the vehicle.
• Carry out other duties assigned by management.
• Inform administration of the renewal of insurance and vehicle papers 30days in advance before the expiration of the existing policy/ papers.
• Other duties as assigned

Requirements and Skills
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Must have previous professional driving experience, or have graduated from a driving school.
• Must have the ability to read and write English language. Perform simple mathematical calculations. Must have mental ability to handle receipts; read maps, road signs, maintain record of duty status, etc.
• Must have working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
• Must have knowledge of dot regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspection and maintenance.
• Must satisfactorily pass a drug test.
• Must satisfactorily pass an alcohol test (if applicable)

Minimum Qualification Requirements
• Minimum of senior school certificate.
• Must be familiar with Lagos routes.
• Must reside at Lekki-Ajah axis.
• Must have at least 5 years professional driving experience.

Minimum Experience: More than 5 years
Salary: Negotiable

Call or Whatsapp: 08187700144 immediately if you meet the requirements.

I will like to apply as your company Auto Technician, to maintain and repair your official and staff private cars.

Thanks

B-Automobile Nigeria Limited

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 4:07pm On May 07, 2020
Told you guys there would be loan payment suspensions. If you have any, check with our bank. This is Wema.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:24pm On May 07, 2020
ofime123:
Is Uber 3% still active?
Not active at thw moment. Remember it's a promo and notification is always sent first thing every Monday but at this time it has not been made available.

If you ask me, I'll say this lift on the lockdown is very much unnessary.

Though I understand the government want the poor in the society to use this time to raise some money to sustain them for some time since they can not provide palliatives to keep them at home for long while they fight they virus.

But looking deep and using uber driving as a yard stick. How much can a driver net a day?
Most businesses are under locks and keys.
Most banks are branches are closed.
Religious houses, all social gatherings, club houses, schools, airport and many others are locked indefinately.

How then do they want the poor to even have something reasonable within the hours allowed to to go out in a day? The other day I decided to drive I managed to gross 9k+ I was left with almost nothing after buying fuel, alcoholic disinfectant, data subscription, call card and a few other depending things.

Fast forward to next day, I watched my phone drained out in my sitting room, the only two requests that came in where short trips with long pickup and. to my unfavorable destinations, ended up cancelling them. Nextday, was even worse after taking a trip from Abule Egba to lekki.

Trip ended N4100
Uber commission was N980
Bought fuel N2k
Bought something to eat N700
Managed to carry out 3 short card trips within lekki axis after long wait at intervals in the sun.
It waa closing time and no trip waa coming to take me out of the island.
Called the rider I carried if he would like me to take him back but rider said he waa joining his colleague back home.
O menh, I'd to carry road side picking.

In the end I just thought, what's the unnessary suffering for when one can not boast of coming back home with at least 5-7k after buying fuel and paying commission so one can set aside money for weekly rent and still have some amount for family.

So to me driving at this time is not worth it but will only create a problem btw driver and owners partner because it Will be very very difficult for any driver to pay even 10k weekly.

17 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 5:47pm On May 07, 2020
I wonder y government would be fixing roads at this time of curfew. They had 28 days of lockdown to do it. The traffic at Maryland yesterday mad. Instead of begging or paying police money, I just enter one hotel around idimu for N3500.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by segefx(m): 5:58pm On May 07, 2020
Hmmm bravo bro .Very Concise Report !!!!!
Felicity0001:

Not active at thw moment. Remember it's a promo and notification is always sent first thing every Monday but at this time it has not been made available.

Though I understand the government want the poor in the society to use this time to raise some money to sustain them for some time since they can not provide palliatives to keep them at home for long while they fight they virus.

But looking deep and using uber driving as a yard stick. How much can a driver net a day?
Religious houses, all social gatherings, club houses, schools, airport and many others are locked indefinately.

How then do they want the poor to even have something reasonable within the hours allowed to to go out in a day? The other day I decided to drive I managed to gross 9k+ I was left with almost nothing after buying fuel, alcoholic disinfectant, data subscription, call card and a few other depending things.

Fast forward to next day, I watched my phone drained out in my sitting room, the only two requests that came in where short trips with long pickup and. to my unfavorable destinations, ended up cancelling them. Nextday, was even worse after taking a trip from Abule Egba to lekki.

Trip ended N4100
Uber commission was N980
Bought fuel N2k
Managed to carry out 3 short card trips within lekki axis after long wait at intervals in the sun.
Called the rider I carried if he would like me to take him back but rider said he waa joining his colleague back home.

In the end I just thought, what's the unnessary suffering for when one can not boast of coming back home with at least 5-7k after buying fuel and paying commission so one can set aside money for weekly rent and still have some amount for family.

So to me driving at this time is not worth it but will only create a problem btw driver and owners partner because it Will be very very difficult for any driver to pay even 10k weekly.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 6:01pm On May 07, 2020
xana101:
I wonder y government would be fixing roads at this time of curfew. They had 28 days of lockdown to do it. The traffic at Maryland yesterday mad. Instead of begging or paying police money, I just enter one hotel around idimu for N3500.

Do you Know you could have gotten arrested for being in an hotel?

Hotels are not meant to be opened till goverment lifts the lockdown.

Both owners and patrons will be arrested!!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 6:02pm On May 07, 2020
Felicity0001:

Trip ended N4100
Uber commission was N980
Bought fuel N2k

Seems bolt is a better option for now. 25% commission is on the aside imo.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 6:07pm On May 07, 2020
Felicity0001:

Trip ended N4100
Uber commission was N980
Bought fuel N2k

It's still early days bro!! Things will pickup slowly. I haven't grossed 30k since Monday and already spent 7k on fuel.

Today was totally poor with only 3 trips and roads are very free.Though I have only been on the mainland.

I am tempted to get my interstates on the road but I just don't want to till all clear.

let's see how things go till Monday.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 6:08pm On May 07, 2020
xana101:

Only u abi cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chinyce(m): 6:43pm On May 07, 2020
Speaking of GIG, I heard their management paid N50k each to their drivers for the lockdown. If true may the good Lord bless them.

a4cube:
I have enquired with GIG, they require partners to start with 3 cars(Siena, Hummer Bus or any one they accept). That is like start with 6-7 million naira. Pls how much do you think they will return every week with 3 Siena?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chinyce(m): 6:44pm On May 07, 2020
Speaking of GIG, I heard their management paid N50k each to their drivers for the lockdown. If true may the good Lord bless them. They really appreciate their drivers well there.

a4cube:
I have enquired with GIG, they require partners to start with 3 cars(Siena, Hummer Bus or any one they accept). That is like start with 6-7 million naira. Pls how much do you think they will return every week with 3 Siena?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 7:23pm On May 07, 2020
It is well my brother.
Felicity0001:

Trip ended N4100
Uber commission was N980
Bought fuel N2k

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sexylassie2(f): 7:56pm On May 07, 2020
OPay has laid off up to 70 percent of its staff, and this includes both Chinese nationals and local employees. The affected Chinese staff are also said to be stuck in Africa as they have been unable to buy tickets and fly back home, possibly due to travel restrictions.

OPay has been struggling especially since the ban on motorcycles in Lagos. OPay has laid off up to 70 percent including local and Chinese employees. Some of the bikes are now into deliveries, but it’s not a big space for business compared to ride-hailing.

Another source confirmed to WeeTracker that the local person in charge of the ORide (Ridwan Olalere), has jumped ship and joined Uber Nigeria.

https://weetracker.com/2020/05/06/opay-has-fired-staff-and-lost-top-executives/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dckng16(m): 8:12pm On May 07, 2020
sexylassie2:
OPay has laid off up to 70 percent of its staff, and this includes both Chinese nationals and local employees. The affected Chinese staff are also said to be stuck in Africa as they have been unable to buy tickets and fly back home, possibly due to travel restrictions.

OPay has been struggling especially since the ban on motorcycles in Lagos. OPay has laid off up to 70 percent including local and Chinese employees. Some of the bikes are now into deliveries, but it’s not a big space for business compared to ride-hailing.

Another source confirmed to WeeTracker that the local person in charge of the ORide (Ridwan Olalere), has jumped ship and joined Uber Nigeria.

https://weetracker.com/2020/05/06/opay-has-fired-staff-and-lost-top-executives/

Lassie baby always dropping it like is hot smiley

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dckng16(m): 8:20pm On May 07, 2020
There should be some sorts of palliative from Taxify for their employee inform of debt relief, that would make sense alot. I didn't work for almost 2 months due to corona and am owing 15k in debt and card trip is not fort coming, where do they expect me to get money to pay them.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by febble: 8:31pm On May 07, 2020
How many days will it take bolt to rectify there bolt commission after the payment is been paid and all necessary things is been sent to them.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olaboyeh(m): 8:33pm On May 07, 2020
Pls any taxify account avaiilable pls, even if na borrow my account got blocked due expired licence and taxify no gree respond to mail.
PLEASE ITS URGENT, ANY ACCOUNT AVAILABLE PLS HELP A BRO

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 8:44pm On May 07, 2020
dckng16:
There should be some sorts of palliative from Taxify for their employee inform of debt relief, that would make sense alot. I didn't work for almost 2 months due to corona and am owing 15k in debt and card trip is not fort coming, where do they expect me to get money to pay them.

You're not an employee of taxify/bolt bro. The best thing they can do is reduce their commision.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dckng16(m): 8:48pm On May 07, 2020
kodred:

You're not an employee of taxify/bolt bro. The best thing they can do is reduce their commision.
They have the right to retain and sack you. grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dckng16(m): 8:52pm On May 07, 2020
febble:
How many days will it take bolt to rectify there bolt commission after the payment is been paid and all necessary things is been sent to them.
you have to follow it up with phone call, or else it will be adding up to new commission or debt,. They are always busy dealing with back log of emails
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BusterG: 8:53pm On May 07, 2020
febble:

You should have enquired before paying. A lot of drivers have paid up for days now and still the payment has not reflected with both Bolt and Uber offices closed.

I just can’t imagine Bolt and Uber refusing to open their offices to avoid their staff getting infected with COVID 19 but opening the app up so drivers can risk their lives. No empathy, no palliatives, no bonus payment. Nothing

Is this not modern slavery?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 8:54pm On May 07, 2020
Felicity0001:

Trip ended N4100
Uber commission was N980
Bought fuel N2k

My thots exactly... it still beats me that someone would still come here and post figures or earnings..

I introduced some friends to this thread and they own cars, they know my moniker and they are all guests viewing this thread on a daily. Imagine them seeing the so called figures. I said it on monday and I still stand by it, its practically impossible to make 15weekly at this rate.

God no go shame us

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by febble: 9:01pm On May 07, 2020
dckng16:
you have to follow it up with phone call, or else it will be adding up to new commission or debt,. They are always busy dealing with back log of emails

I have paid the debt and I have send them an email indicating my reference number and I also attach the payment slip I download from my bank statement. I have made the payment since yesterday but up till now no response from them

(1) (2) (3) ... (2673) (2674) (2675) (2676) (2677) (2678) (2679) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: drmikeadams(m), Johnchrix(m), toutlemonde and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.