Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2683) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4752924 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2680) (2681) (2682) (2683) (2684) (2685) (2686) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 9:10pm On May 11, 2020
segefx:
Hmm Felicity0001 don come again. Bros Have u learn FX trading before? Yea its bullish sometimes and EOR ( End of Range), WRH/WRL week Range High/ Low ......come Let me brush your skills once again so you could be an FX Expert. Don't forget Forex does not have Covid 19 ,only surviving business sector since this era of Coro. In the mean Uberbolt is on ML ( monthly low) so driving at this time is shit
me sef get interest for fx o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 10:10pm On May 11, 2020
@radautoworks hope you are fine ... You asked us a question and we haven't heard from you since then.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 10:15pm On May 11, 2020
Very clean, toks ford bus 03, 1.3m

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:21pm On May 11, 2020
Babadee1900:
Yes, it’s a Honda Accord. Thanks. cool
Which year and how do you cope with fuel? Isn't 2.4 engine?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 10:26pm On May 11, 2020
1daboi:
Very clean, toks ford bus 03, 1.3m
Na this kind bus I need for my logistics operations cool

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dckng16(m): 12:13am On May 12, 2020
Luxurydriverng:
Here is why I am quitting driving with the UBER Rideshare App

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-rr4_Rc9lI
Do not make quick decisions on a temporal situation. Don't blame it on uber, smiley blame it on Corona. World economy is in shambles right now. smiley It will definitely affect businesses
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 12:19am On May 12, 2020
mistadayo:
@radautoworks hope you are fine ... You asked us a question and we haven't heard from you since then.

Still trying to work things out. We are not open yet. Trying to figure out something that helps both parties in the long run.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 12:23am On May 12, 2020
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 1:05am On May 12, 2020
That's called strategizing.
Forecasting for expected demand and actioning them now.
Hmmm........ pockets sorry profits

radautoworks:

Still trying to work things out. We are not open yet. Trying to figure out something that helps both parties in the long run.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 1:09am On May 12, 2020
radautoworks:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8301471/Watch-3-500-Uber-employees-told-laid-three-minute-ZOOM-call.html

Excerpts:
They gave us no notice. If I missed that Zoom call, I would have missed the news. We knew they didn't have the drivers' backs, but they don't have anyone's backs.

CEO Dara Khosrowshahi, above, will also forgo his$1million base salary for the rest of the year +7
CEO Dara Khosrowshahi, above, will also forgo his$1million base salary for the rest of the year
The employee continued: 'They sent us severance and stuff, but they're not telling us anything. It's worldwide, but there were like 50 people laid off in my office.

'They were going based on a lottery, like Russian roulette. The severance package is generous, but they're treating us like they treat the drivers,' she continued, referring to Uber's less than stellar reputation in fairly compensating their independent contractors.

'Uber is doing unemployment claims for people they've laid off,' she said. 'They taught us how to do that stuff and then the next day they fired us.

'Apparently someone at the CEO level leaked that this was gonna happen, so they expedited it.'

The employee tells DailyMail.com that more layoffs at Uber are expected.

'They're still not done getting rid of people. The way they've gone about it is very negative,' she said. 'Uber has empathy training and they teach us to be sympathetic to other people's needs, but they're not practicing what they preach.

'Right now we're all getting a severance, but they can change their mind on that if they want to.'

Uber has been decimated by the COVID-19 lockdown with far fewer people booking rides as they stay home.

So, even Uber employees knew drivers were treated like shiit?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:16am On May 12, 2020
radautoworks:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8301471/Watch-3-500-Uber-employees-told-laid-three-minute-ZOOM-call.html

Life! Sitting here reading dis and d also have to forgo is $1million yearly salary... I don't even know what to think, the numbers keep shooting up here and seems like people careless at this point and r ready to face come what may.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 5:27am On May 12, 2020
Gentlelife50:

Which year and how do you cope with fuel? Isn't 2.4 engine?
2004. I don’t have any issue with fuel consumption, the car is serving me well. Yes it’s a 2.4l Engine.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 6:16am On May 12, 2020
Lush100:
That's called strategizing.
Forecasting for expected demand and actioning them now.
Hmmm........ pockets sorry profits

Yup. Trying to strike a balance between keeping our employees safe both physically and financially, taking care of customers and staying above water. The fall in the naira is making that really hard. I was trying to figure out how to help Uber drivers. Was going to give 5 year warranties on parts and maybe discounts and payment plans. But lack of riders and doing the math at the new exchange rates is not working like I wanted to. undecided
We are currently only going to reopen contactless sales and no repairs as everyone will be able to work from home.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 7:45am On May 12, 2020
Ok.
But it's a good idea.
It doesn't necessarily have to be Uber driver even private would benefit.
Just make it a product, display it's features and let interested parties subscribe for it.
You would be surprised that private users may even outnumber the Uber users.
Unless there is something specific that makes only Uber drivers beneficial to the idea.
On the other hand, I didn't fully understand the no repairs and working from home u mentioned.
Could it mean for now we can't bring our vehicles to you for functional repairs and only purchases.
What of if u have trained personnel at different locations in Lagos.
You could put a bit of franchise ideology where you could receive royalties either quarterly or yearly and help them live video conferencing of vehicles while in repairs (while the repairing work is ongoing).(WhatsApp video call can handle this with earphones plugged for verbal direction too)
So that constumer will.know that repairs has your endorsement. U could add a little warranty of some sort.
My 2 kobo

radautoworks:

Yup. Trying to strike a balance between keeping our employees safe both physically and financially, taking care of customers and staying above water. The fall in the naira is making that really hard. I was trying to figure out how to help Uber drivers. Was going to give 5 year warranties on parts and maybe discounts and payment plans. But lack of riders and doing the math at the new exchange rates is not working like I wanted to. undecided
We are currently only going to reopen contactless sales and no repairs as everyone will be able to work from home.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 8:36am On May 12, 2020
Lush100:
Ok.
But it's a good idea.
It doesn't necessarily have to be Uber driver even private would benefit.
Just make it a product, display it's features and let interested parties subscribe for it.
You would be surprised that private users may even outnumber the Uber users.
Unless there is something specific that makes only Uber drivers beneficial to the idea.
On the other hand, I didn't fully understand the no repairs and working from home u mentioned.
Could it mean for now we can't bring our vehicles to you for functional repairs and only purchases.
What of if u have trained personnel at different locations in Lagos.
You could put a bit of franchise ideology where you could receive royalties either quarterly or yearly and help them live video conferencing of vehicles while in repairs (while the repairing work is ongoing).(WhatsApp video call can handle this with earphones plugged for verbal direction too)
So that constumer will.know that repairs has your endorsement. U could add a little warranty of some sort.
My 2 kobo

The bolded part will be hard to achieve going by Rads standard. It might interest you to know that it’s not only because they are good at what they do that made them stand out but the setup and process involved. Ordinarily to take out a tire at radautoworks you don’t have to sweat to do it, the trained personnel might not have access to most of those machines.

That madam will not give a warranty for such job grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 8:43am On May 12, 2020
Yes fully agree.
But some of us want to.setup things like this.
Skilled personnel and back office support are what's lacking.
Maybe lesser-sized industrial machines of various aspects and a back office support from yours truly can make such work.
Of course inspected firstly.

Babadee1900:
The bolded part will be hard to achieve going by Rads standard. It might interest you to know that it’s not only because they are good at what they do that made them stand out but the setup and process involved. Ordinarily to take out a tire at radautoworks you don’t have to sweat to do it, the trained personnel might not have access to most of those machines.

That madam will not give a warranty for such job grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:02am On May 12, 2020
Lush100:
Yes fully agree.
Maybe lesser-sized industrial machines of various aspects and a back office support from yours truly can make such work.

Franchise if not monitored properly, it kills the brand.
Ask UAC, Mr Biggs was a promising brand.

When the fad for fastfood started , the early 90's and mid90's, it started giving out franchises outlets Nationwide to achieve their expansion program.

You know wat happened.

Where is Mr Biggs now?

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 9:03am On May 12, 2020
izzou:

Petrocam? cry

Another trick to use could be

You: I wan buy fuel

Attendant: How much?

You: Fill up grin

At this point, he has no choice than to watch the meter with you. When it's close to your preferred amount,

You: Stop for #3k grin

Sense will not kee you grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 9:07am On May 12, 2020
Someone posted on twitter that Opay(Bikes) are selling for 270k or thereabouts. I'm thinking of going to inquire at thier office and buy like 3 for now. Another problem is I heard Lagos state is planning to put 2m as logistics permit...i dont know how true is this make money no go enter Bush. I want to start a logistics buisness or las las i dust my passport and flee from this country.

My office says we should come 3times a week and there is plan to slash our salaries. Omo local man is tired.

Any advice on this cc gazzuzz, izou etc

Meanwhile, Sharwama is still available my shop is before Ozone cinemas (Domino bar) make una come order ooh
I take God beg una

1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:12am On May 12, 2020
mrjaydee:
Someone posted on twitter that Opay(Bikes) are selling for 270k or thereabouts. I'm thinking of going to inquire at thier office and buy like 3 for now. Another problem is I heard Lagos state is planning to put 2m as logistics permit...i dont know how true is this make money no go enter Bush. I want to start a logistics buisness or las las i dust my passport and flee from this country.

My office says we should come 3times a week and there is plan to slash our salaries. Omo local man is tired.

Any advice on this cc gazzuzz, izou etc

Why buy a used bike for ₦270,000? Before the dollar rise 200cc Qlink bikes where 285,000.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Baker77: 9:13am On May 12, 2020
Whats app -..
StarMonkey:
Hello house, please recommend a good car tracker for me.

Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 9:13am On May 12, 2020
Lush100:
Yes fully agree.

If the FUND is not lacking, then it’s very possible to achieve.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 9:27am On May 12, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Why buy a used bike for ₦270,000? Before the dollar rise 200cc Qlink bikes where 285,000.

Hmmm, my thots exactly. What's the way forward baba?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by johnbull2017(m): 9:45am On May 12, 2020
ndubuis:
You need to crosscheck your facts on this buddy grin grin Cheers!

In the UK, you see a price range of the destination and the area code. So technically, you are seeing the rider's destination. Then you can decide to accept or reject.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by segefx(m): 9:54am On May 12, 2020
For some its daunting task,for some its an easy ride with little hills which are inevitable in business . Yes FX is real!!
1daboi:
me sef get interest for fx o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 9:56am On May 12, 2020
Very true.
Maybe for effective monitoring only few outlets then.
Poor job being done will always become visible.

northbird:

Franchise if not monitored properly, it kills the brand.
Ask UAC, Mr Biggs was a promising brand.

When the fad for fastfood started , the early 90's and mid90's, it started giving out franchises outlets Nationwide to achieve their expansion program.

You know wat happened.

Where is Mr Biggs now?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:05am On May 12, 2020
mrjaydee:

Hmmm, my thots exactly. What's the way forward baba?

Starting a business that has mass competition is not easy. Every business has its rewards and challenges , human resources is key, it can make you or break you. Target audience matters, I concentrated on what works for me (spareparts to consumer) .We have fired and rehired 6times since inception to get a system that works, and I can tell you we still have some more firing to do to weed out the lazy yoots.

There are currently just too many freelance logistic riders ready to do same job for half the price and it is gradually killing the industry.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Matrix414: 10:24am On May 12, 2020
Good morning, pls is uber/bolt registering new drivers to join their platform at the moment?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:12am On May 12, 2020
Luxurydriverng:

It just show that we have too many bitter ppl in this part of the word, but dont mind them their words reflects their hearts smiley
My brother dont mind them ooh just put your heads up and focus on your plan. Shoe maker no dey shame why because thats what put food on his table.

The truth is human beings are wicked, can u imagine some haters on this platform reported one of here to the mod and they guy was ban for a year, this sb that shares his business secrets and archive of knowledge and experience, a law abiding citizen and even helping humanity along side. Many people have benefited from his business acumen and a lot are now even buying his recommended car for this hustle. Just because of jealousy they reported the guy and mu mu seyun way no get sense use his hand ban his own customer who is a registered member for more than 10yrs.

And one f00lish one was bold enough to say he brought sanity to the forum as if NL Uber thread is his bedroom. Shame on you haters, it doesnt matter if this is a faceless forum but you know yourselves. Shame on you all haters!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 11:15am On May 12, 2020
segefx:
For some its daunting task,for some its an easy ride with little hills which are inevitable in business . Yes FX is real!!
can you help me start please?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 11:19am On May 12, 2020
chillex8:

Na this kind bus I need for my logistics operations cool
make we do business na. Madam radu sef go know say u be confirm logisticated......lol

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:34am On May 12, 2020
izzou:

Petrocam? cry

Another trick to use could be

You: I wan buy fuel

Attendant: How much?

You: Fill up grin

At this point, he has no choice than to watch the meter with you. When it's close to your preferred amount,

You: Stop for #3k grin
This is what I call hilariously wicked.... Hahahahaha

Baba haf catch them.grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2680) (2681) (2682) (2683) (2684) (2685) (2686) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.