Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,975 members, 7,814,325 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2728) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4741033 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2725) (2726) (2727) (2728) (2729) (2730) (2731) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 8:07am On Jun 05, 2020
bebe2:
I am seriously thinking of getting a car and giving it to a driver to use for Uber. I have a maximum of N1,5m to spent

few questions- is this still a profitable venture?
what type of car should I buy?
how long does the registration process take?

should I buy a car in Nigeria or try to ship one in from Europe?
all contributions appreciated.

I can recommend you getting a minivan instead, there are minivans that can serve dual purpose roles.

They can be used for e hailing and well suited for interstate transportation and group charter.

It will guarantee you regular income far more than a regular car.

You can DM me for more info.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 8:16am On Jun 05, 2020
Felicity0001:
I think today is my worst day ever on ehailing but in all I thank god1.

After driving out of that toxic situation with the little boy I stopped over at mobile filling station which is along the mushin-oshodi road just after NNPC close to Kappa bus stop. Bought fuel 2k. At the exit was where I waited with my engine and AC on to type while sharing my experience on this thread and reporting the incidence to bolt because the same boys request came in again, so I'd to cancel after 5min while reporting.

After all of these I off my app and head straight home, I went through agege link to Iju ishaga road, picked up a disable friend and droppes her at home before going back to Abule Egba. Just as I was about driving into my compound my fuel has gone back to reserve where it was b4 I refuel.

Brother man, run from anything mobile along that road.

I never buy fuel from Mobil, even the one at Maryland, When I used to drive at night,I would rather go to the Oando adjacent or drive down to the Total just before Sheraton.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 8:19am On Jun 05, 2020
Felicity0001:

Guy some riders are a disguise in their approach on phone why some are not.

Why are snakes regarded as one of the most dangerous animals on earrh? A cobra can hide in the sand just attack, how about a green snake? So drop it!.

2days ago a lady with calm gentle voice and with good manners kept me waiting for over 15mintues that was after several calls I'd put through to get the right PU address and even pee after arriving, came back to thw car call again. After about almost 20min of waiting I'd had to cancel after driving out. It took her another 10min before calling asking me where I was, still in her gentle and calm voice on the phone.

So guy hash all those preaches, you probably didnt meet the ugly once or maybe the good hadn't gone bad during the time you rode; I encourage you to do a 1 week test one of these days then come back and tell us how far.

I had a rider like that yesterday. After waiting for more than 15mins, she came and said she wanted to pick up something from the boutique just in front of us. I was looking at her plainly without emotions. I took out my phone and checked the riders app, to get another driver in that location would take another 15-20 mins as drivers were not around the area. I smiled.

I looked at the boutique and saw them removing clothes from the mannequin for her to still check out all these was going to another 5-10 mins of waiting. She later came out and was trying to open the door which I already central locked.

Me- yes hello can I help you?
Rider- oga open your door, I’m late for this trip abeg let’s hurry it’s getting dark.

I just shook my head and jejely canceled the ride because Lord knows that I will most definitely fling her out of my car when we get to 3mb.

I would have wanted to make the ride hellish for her for being insensitive but alas I just shook my head and said this one is not worth the stress. I only stress when you threaten my life/property anything aside that abeg carry your wahala dey go.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 8:20am On Jun 05, 2020
Felicity0001:

What assumptions are you still wasting precious time on?

Nobody will have such impetus to pull such stunt without being in his/her area let alone a little boy that knows I could easily crush him like a tractor.

Guy, the matter happen for him area Adedokun Street, Mushin and if unfortunately the matter set trust men go show. As a matter of fact I don already place call to one or two persons b4 stepping out of the car so leave that talk about assault my mumu no reach that height.

Anywhere I find myself either in lagos, outta Lagos or Nigeria first thing I do is pin a tent of human defense, if e set na settlement go end am las las

Egungun be careful na express you dey go.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SaintHilary(m): 8:23am On Jun 05, 2020
kodred:

I had a rider like that yesterday. After waiting for more than 15mins, she came and said she wanted to pick up something from the boutique just in front of us. I was looking at her plainly without emotions. I took out my phone and checked the riders app, to get another driver in that location would take another 15-20 mins as drivers were not around the area. I smiled.

I looked at the boutique and saw them removing clothes from the mannequin for her to still check out all these was going to another 5-10 mins of waiting. She later came out and was trying to open the door which I already central locked.

Me- yes hello can I help you?
Rider- oga open your door, I’m late for this trip abeg let’s hurry it’s getting dark.

I just shook my head and jejely canceled the ride because Lord knows that I will most definitely fling her out of my car when we get to 3mb.

I would have wanted to make the ride hellish for her for being insensitive but alas I just shook my head and said this one is not worth the stress. I only stress when you threaten my life/property anything aside that abeg carry your wahala dey go.
So you somehow waited till she came out.
Only for you to cancel there after

Na Dru get ena power here sumtimes

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by megacontrol(m): 8:31am On Jun 05, 2020
Hello everyone,

Which year of vehicle is the minimum entry level for Uber and Bolt now?

Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 8:32am On Jun 05, 2020
Felicity0001:

Yes but I can't share his contact here without his concept do well to reach me for his contact.

I don send you mail
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 8:35am On Jun 05, 2020
SaintHilary:

Yes because I knew to get another would be hard and would further waste her time. No be force be everything. I didn’t mind waiting because I had an endgame.

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 8:49am On Jun 05, 2020
This happened last year.

I got a trip around agungi by 10:30pm. I was around ilefo link road around agungi. Destination Christ Ave. Called rider.

Me- Hello good evening I’m at ilefo link road
Rider- Okay come to rockaid pharmacy
Me- Okay
Looked at the PU, it’s just about 100m from where i parked.

Drove there called rider.

Me- Hey I’m here
Rider- Where? I can’t see you
Me- I’m parked right at the front of rockaid
Rider- Oga I said you’re not here abi are you deaf
Me- Can you describe the place where you are?
Rider- Oga can’t you follow your map or are you blind
Me- Haba I am staring at one rockaid here or is there another?
Rider- Oga don’t ask me questions, ask people there. please hurry up abeg you’re wasting my time.
Me- Okay.

Asked around and got to know there is another rockaid pharmacy at the corner to the left from the roundabout.

Got there, called rider.

Me- I’m here o.
Rider- Okay I’m coming

Waited for another 5 minutes because the rider was not done. Eventually she came out and entered the car. One look from me and she greeted good evening. I responded and we proceeded on the trip. When we got to the traffic light at circle mall, a call came, apparently it was her boyfriend and she discharged him that I’m sure you are as tired as I am boo. Just go have your bath, we’ll talk when you’re rested. Werey girl now called the guy she was going to meet to try to wait for her somewhere close to the street we were heading to. After about 2 mins, I calmly said, so your name is efe right?

Rider- yes what happen
Me- so you’re a warri girl ba
Rider- Yes
Me- I know. I know that’s how rude you girls talk and behave. I have lived in warri and I’ve come across a lot of your type.
Rider- Oga I’m sorry

Me driving the car really fast now.

Me- So you think say because you be warri girl you fit dey talk to person anyhow ba
Rider- Oga I said I’m sorry na abeg no vex
Me- So you think say the craze wey you carry pass every other person own as per say na warri you be. No worry I go show you.

By this time she was already getting scared and begging profusely.

Entered freedom way and stepped on the gas.

Me- No o no problem it’s fine na just one small black something I wan show you next time you go behave. No beg me again sheybi you don do your own.
Rider- Hey God o abeg oga I take God beg you nor mind me *talking to herself* efe I don tell you say you go put yourself for trouble with this mouth one day.

i just dey laugh uncontrollably for my mind.
Entered admiralty road and was driving real fast while laughing. In a fleeting second I passed christ avenue and when I realized I braked real hard.

Na so the girl kneel down inside motor start to dey beg with one hand to open the door.

Me- if I mess you up here now, wetin them go say happen?
Rider- oga I take God beg you na my period cause am abeg na only daughter I be.

Coincidentally, the guy she was going to meet was waiting about 20m from where we parked. He then called and she picked and the whole is that you bla bla ensued.

Mhen the girl was so happy na so she drop 2k jump comot from motor run go meet the guy. I just laughed and drove off.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 8:59am On Jun 05, 2020
SaintHilary:

Boss that was killing... Jesus immediately you cancelled she go wan enter ground...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 05, 2020
Felicity0001:

Guy some riders are a disguise in their approach on phone why some are not.

Why are snakes regarded as one of the most dangerous animals on earrh? A cobra can hide in the sand just attack, how about a green snake? So drop it!.

2days ago a lady with calm gentle voice and with good manners kept me waiting for over 15mintues that was after several calls I'd put through to get the right PU address and even pee after arriving, came back to thw car call again. After about almost 20min of waiting I'd had to cancel after driving out. It took her another 10min before calling asking me where I was, still in her gentle and calm voice on the phone.

So guy hash all those preaches, you probably didnt meet the ugly once or maybe the good hadn't gone bad during the time you rode; I encourage you to do a 1 week test one of these days then come back and tell us how far.

Don't mind that guy, trying to act like he's the smartest dude here, ended up scoring zero in cognitive thinking. How on earth are you supposed to figure out every bad and dangerous riders by a sentence or two before pickup? Even if you do, are you going to keep cancelling requests and getting yanked off from the system with numerous cancellation considering the fact that five in eight riders may constitute trouble?

He's inexperienced obviously. He's advise is totally off the mark. Won't read his unrealistic posts again

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 9:10am On Jun 05, 2020
kodred:
This happened last year.

I got a trip around agungi by 10:30pm. I was around ilefo link road around agungi. Destination Christ Ave. Called rider.

Me- Hello good evening I’m at ilefo link road
Rider- Okay come to rockaid pharmacy
Me- Okay
Looked at the PU, it’s just about 100m from where i parked.

Drove there called rider.

Me- Hey I’m here
Rider- Where? I can’t see you
Me- I’m parked right at the front of rockaid
Rider- Oga I said you’re not here abi are you deaf
Me- Can you describe the place where you are?
Rider- Oga can’t you follow your map or are you blind
Me- Haba I am staring at one rockaid here or is there another?
Rider- Oga don’t ask me questions, ask people there. please hurry up abeg you’re wasting my time.
Me- Okay.

Asked around and got to know there is another rockaid pharmacy at the corner to the left from the roundabout.

Got there, called rider.

Me- I’m here o.
Rider- Okay I’m coming

Waited for another 5 minutes because the rider was not done. Eventually she came out and entered the car. One look from me and she greeted good evening. I responded and we proceeded on the trip. When we got to the traffic light at circle mall, a call came, apparently it was her boyfriend and she discharged him that I’m sure you are as tired as I am boo. Just go have your bath, we’ll talk when you’re rested. Werey girl now called the guy she was going to meet to try to wait for her somewhere close to the street we were heading to. After about 2 mins, I calmly said, so your name is efe right?

Rider- yes what happen
Me- so you’re a warri girl ba
Rider- Yes
Me- I know. I know that’s how rude you girls talk and behave. I have lived in warri and I’ve come across a lot of your type.
Rider- Oga I’m sorry

Me driving the car really fast now.

Me- So you think say because you be warri girl you fit dey talk to person anyhow ba
Rider- Oga I said I’m sorry na abeg no vex
Me- So you think say the craze wey you carry pass every other person own as per say na warri you be. No worry I go show you.

By this time she was already getting scared and begging profusely.

Entered freedom way and stepped on the gas.

Me- No o no problem it’s fine na just one small black something I wan show you next time you go behave. No beg me again sheybi you don do your own.
Rider- Hey God o abeg oga I take God beg you nor mind me *talking to herself* efe I don tell you say you go put yourself for trouble with this mouth one day.

i just dey laugh uncontrollably for my mind.
Entered admiralty road and was driving real fast while laughing. In a fleeting second I passed christ avenue and when I realized I braked real hard.

Na so the girl kneel down inside motor start to dey beg with one hand to open the door.

Me- if I mess you up here now, wetin them go say happen?
Rider- oga I take God beg you na my period cause am abeg na only daughter I be.

Coincidentally, the guy she was going to meet was waiting about 20m from where we parked. He then called and she picked and the whole is that you bla bla ensued.

Mhen the girl was so happy na so she drop 2k jump comot from motor run go meet the guy. I just laughed and drove off.

Baba if I talk say you sick now you go finish me with yabs..... But bro that na comedy show for real...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ephbe(m): 9:16am On Jun 05, 2020
Hello Guys,

Your advises are needed.
A family member wants to go into transportation however, he is thinking of getting the 18 Seater Danfo bus considering that demand in Lagos is high or will be
by the time everything becomes normal again since Okada and Keke have been banned on major roads.

My question:
1. Do you think, if properly managed, it can yield good returns (It will be on HP plan). He will use ehailing model with the trackers and weekly inspection process since it will be tokunboh

2. Does anyone know how much 18 seater buses deliver weekly? The model of the best version of bus would really help

3. Any idea on how much it costs to get one.

4. Is it cheaper to buy from Naija or outside the country, cotonou perhaps?

5. Please any addition will go a long way

Thanks in anticipation
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 9:16am On Jun 05, 2020
Hyundai Elantra 2008
Naija Registered

The First body
Gear ok
Engine will need to be replaced
AC working fine

Call for Negotiation

B-Automobile Nigeria Limited
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chicent(m): 9:45am On Jun 05, 2020
Felicity0001:

Bafter option on transportation to invest in now is mini bus.

Before The ban on keke and bikes that bus used to be sold around 500-800k, right now I'm sure it must have gone as high as 1m. So you probably would want to consider that, daily balancing in some areas like GRA ikeja is about 5k. HP is about 2times the value. All you need do is carry out a comprehensive insurance and pray to get a good person.

But most importantly, pray about any business you want to go into this period because I heard in the news LASG is making plans of bringing in those mini busses next month or there about in large quantities to help fill the loop by the ban of bikes and keke.

So pray my dear friend, pray.

As a matter of fact bros mini buses will be pushed out of the major roads soonest, because the LASG has invested in their own buses to arrive the country soon filling the gaps of the ban on keke and bikes.

@ bebe2 my advice to you.... Put a hold on any transportation biz plan now until things settles in Lagos and Nigeria. Peace

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 10:25am On Jun 05, 2020
I dey ocar office dey register, thr own no even get stress grin inono y taxify office never open cool

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 11:21am On Jun 05, 2020
ephbe:
Hello Guys,

Your advises are needed.
A family member wants to go into transportation however, he is thinking of getting the 18 Seater Danfo bus considering that demand in Lagos is high or will be
by the time everything becomes normal again since Okada and Keke have been banned on major roads.

My question:
1. Do you think, if properly managed, it can yield good returns (It will be on HP plan). He will use ehailing model with the trackers and weekly inspection process since it will be tokunboh

2. Does anyone know how much 18 seater buses deliver weekly? The model of the best version of bus would really help

3. Any idea on how much it costs to get one.

4. Is it cheaper to buy from Naija or outside the country, cotonou perhaps?

5. Please any addition will go a long way

Thanks in anticipation

Go to Oshodi park. After the terminal.

Oshodi - Ajah. Before Coro was #500.

18 seater. Cos that's the only route that looks like travelling, WC is wat d hiace n Mitsubishi engines like.

Stop counting eggs before dy hatch ( #9,000 per trip. grin) cos a huge chunk of that cheese is taken as loading fees by Nurtw guys.

So visit there n ask how dey do it , registration, membership, dues n co n get the trade secrets from them.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:35am On Jun 05, 2020
donfortune48:

I'm sure they won't.
My village people have always been on my side. grin grin

grin grin nah soh!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 12:44pm On Jun 05, 2020
What's their own cost of registration? Requirements?
eyinola:
I dey ocar office dey register, thr own no even get stress grin inono y taxify office never open cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Billyddude: 1:53pm On Jun 05, 2020
Who is into car delivery business here??I mean getting paid to deliver cars ..eg from lag to the east or Abuja.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 2:40pm On Jun 05, 2020
davit:
What's their own cost of registration? Requirements?
almost free, just 500 for inspection..but this app na wash oooo, its been on for like 3hrs now hoping to get my first ehailing request grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2020
eyinola:
almost free, just 500 for inspection..but this app na wash oooo, its been on for like 3hrs now hoping to get my first ehailing request grin grin grin

That one na war o.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 2:43pm On Jun 05, 2020
davit:

That one na war o.
yes, i hope taxify opens their office next week, most drivers i met thr were just condemning uber shocked
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by glambo(m): 2:55pm On Jun 05, 2020
eyinola:
But i want to log in again its telling driver account mot found grin >: grin

Same here
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Parlee(m): 3:46pm On Jun 05, 2020
Riders need to learn hard lessons in terms of using the app. Dont request for a ride when you as a rider is not ready to leave your location, I cant drive to your PU location and then start waiting 10 mins, 15 mins plus, its disrespectful and I hardly ever wait more than 5 to 8 mins I don cancel am collect cancellation fee move ahead.

If drivers constantly treat them this way they will sit up. Got a ride this afternoon and rider sounded in a hurry on the phone so na so i speed go PU location, even before I got there gan gan I already called that I am there still got there and waited 10 mins. Dude didnt show up, I cancelled for the fee and drove off. Na when I reach the place wey I been park before which took me like 5 mins dude come de call, just jeje ignored because dudes trip was even a card trip.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 4:06pm On Jun 05, 2020
That's cos you re using Uber. Bolt makes it easy for saucy riders like this.
Parlee:
Riders need to learn hard lessons in terms of using the app. Dont request for a ride when you as a rider is not ready to leave your location, I cant drive to your PU location and then start waiting 10 mins, 15 mins plus, its disrespectful and I hardly ever wait more than 5 to 8 mins I don cancel am collect cancellation fee move ahead.

If drivers constantly treat them this way they will sit up. Got a ride this afternoon and rider sounded in a hurry on the phone so na so i speed go PU location, even before I got there gan gan I already called that I am there still got there and waited 10 mins. Dude didnt show up, I cancelled for the fee and drove off. Na when I reach the place wey I been park before which took me like 5 mins dude come de call, just jeje ignored because dudes trip was even a card trip.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:13pm On Jun 05, 2020
Billyddude:
Who is into car delivery business here??I mean getting paid to deliver cars ..eg from lag to the east or Abuja.

I have 2 sure peeps
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 5:16pm On Jun 05, 2020
pope191:

I have 2 sure peeps

Pope, have you resolved d issue?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 5:35pm On Jun 05, 2020
Lol...so i got my first request this evening, i was even sleeping, na so rider tell me location voom i try to locate before i reach rider don cancel.....chai my first ever request on ehailing got cancelled cry undecided grin angry

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:37pm On Jun 05, 2020
northbird:

Pope, have you resolved d issue?

Bolt blocked? Nope, using uber right now, not easy, but relieving tho. Interestly a rider gift me 2k today grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 6:35pm On Jun 05, 2020
Well that s part of the work. Expect more of that.
But never back down. Your trips are still coming.
eyinola:
Lol...so i got my first request this evening, i was even sleeping, na so rider tell me location voom i try to locate before i reach rider don cancel.....chai my first ever request on ehailing got cancelled cry undecided grin angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2725) (2726) (2727) (2728) (2729) (2730) (2731) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Realtol(m), Starguy1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.