Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,478 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2730) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4734436 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2727) (2728) (2729) (2730) (2731) (2732) (2733) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 11:19am On Jun 06, 2020
Lush100:

Wow, guys are not smiling these days. Will behaving myself these days

Glad you got the message smiley

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cheddaz: 12:33pm On Jun 06, 2020
I dey ibafo like this ,first trip from mainland. Abeg how much I fit charge to Berger becos if I wait for request na wahala be that. Na cake i go deliver so I no even no say e go far like that though it was less than 1hr 40min trip
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 1:21pm On Jun 06, 2020
pope191:

Boss please more light on this, cos I am not understanding.

Initially...I was shocked myself.

I brought a rider from olowora to university road. I got another request, on my way to rider's PU, I was blocked by the LGA touts bus on the road leading to onike(I was even thinking they were using my car to block someone else). They asking me to wind down I refused, they clamped my tyre, later I let him into the car.

I asked what was my offence he said, he said I had two, using my phone while driving (which was not true, he let dropped that one), second offence, I'm not wearing nose mask(I was shocked, because I was alone in the car, and the AC was on). We drove to their office opposite panti police station, that was how they gave me ticket of 25k(ontop wetin). I told them straight up, I don't have money and I'm not paying.

They were threatening that they will deflate my tyres and that the car will sleep if I don't pay up(I was just calm, I was ready to spend my day with them).

After sometime he came back, said he wants to help me, that I should bring 15k, I told him I don't have, he said call your people nah, I said them too don't have.(he just kept on coming back to ask me "how much I get" because I wasn't begging them and all that).

After like 3hrs(I wasn't really in a haste to go anywhere), they said I should pay 4k, I said I don't have( why will I pay when I didn't break any law). One of them went and I deflated one of tyre, naso I vex, call my uncle wey be DSP(didnt want to involve him initially) gave the guy the phone, my uncle told him he if does not let me go and he gets there, that he will deal with him, naso the man talk say make I just gate money dey go. Naso I take pay gate money (N500) and pump tyre(N500).

Those guys are thieves, ripping people off their money, something needs to be done about those guys. If I get time I go share the stories wey I hear there

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 1:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
Anyichukwu147:
Good day, I'm d ifeanyimark( those that don't know me, can search my name on this thread) shits happened, so I came up with a new username.
That aside. If u need original T-iV gear oil, u can Holla. 08036811440. Delivery anywhere u are
What’s your price bro even though I don’t and will never own a Toyota.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 1:33pm On Jun 06, 2020
radautoworks:

How do you guys do this!? Your stories pain me for real. Just to survive

It's not easy Ma, all theses law enforcement officers are out to rip one off he's money. I try as much as possible not to fall prey to them

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:44pm On Jun 06, 2020
toomush:

I brought a rider from olowora to university road. I got another request, on my way to rider's PU, I was blocked by the LGA touts bus on the road leading to onike(I was even thinking they were using my car to block someone else). They asking me to wind down I refused, they clamped my tyre, later I let him into the car.

I asked what was my offence he said, he said I had two, using my phone while driving (which was not true, he let dropped that one), second offence, I'm not wearing nose mask(I was shocked, because I was alone in the car, and the AC was on). We drove to their office opposite panti police station, that was how they gave me ticket of 25k(ontop wetin). I told them straight up, I don't have money and I'm not paying.

They were threatening that they will deflate my tyres and that the car will sleep if I don't pay up(I was just calm, I was ready to spend my day with them).

After sometime he came back, said he wants to help me, that I should bring 15k, I told him I don't have, he said call your people nah, I said them too don't have.(he just kept on coming back to ask me "how much I get" because I wasn't begging them and all that).

After like 3hrs(I wasn't really in a haste to go anywhere), they said I should pay 4k, I said I don't have( why will I pay when I didn't break any law). One of them went and I deflated one of tyre, naso I vex, call my uncle wey be DSP(didnt want to involve him initially) gave the guy the phone, my uncle told him he if does not let me go and he gets there, that he will deal with him, naso the man talk say make I just gate money dey go. Naso I take pay gate money (N500) and pump tyre(N500).

Those guys are thieves, ripping people off their money, something needs to be done about those guys. If I get time I go share the stories wey I hear there

3hrs! Boss u toomush, honestly you get patience, I can only wish you goodluck. The manner in which all these ppl try to hustle someone, only God can help motorist, cos lately its hard to tell when you've done wrong or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 2:14pm On Jun 06, 2020
toomush:

That's my area, those guys are back on the roads. Never make the mistake of allowing them into your car most especially if you don't have anyone to call. Stand your
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 2:17pm On Jun 06, 2020
Anyichukwu147:
Good day, I'm d ifeanyimark( those that don't know me, can search my name on this thread) shits happened, so I came up with a new username.
That aside. If u need original T-iV gear oil, u can Holla. 08036811440. Delivery anywhere u are
You didn't include price and delivery fee. For the sake of those who might be interested
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 2:20pm On Jun 06, 2020
Cheddaz:
I dey ibafo like this ,first trip from mainland. Abeg how much I fit charge to Berger becos if I wait for request na wahala be that. Na cake i go deliver so I no even no say e go far like that though it was less than 1hr 40min trip
You went to deliver cake from Lagos to ibafo online?

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 2:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
deedee44:

grin E hard you to believe I guess?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 2:33pm On Jun 06, 2020
toomush:

I'm still waiting for the day ANYBODY will stop me for not wearing mask when I'm alone in my car with all windows up. One police tried it during the 3 weeks full lockdown but their oga quickly asked me to go when he realized I was ready to drag the issue to any length.
I've passed several checkpoints and lastma stands with my mask just hanging on my neck, it's only devils who are hell bent on extorting you at all costs that will always try that rubbish, I will share the story here if/when I come across them
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 2:36pm On Jun 06, 2020
Babadee1900:
grin E hard you to believe I guess?
Bro no be small hard. I guess he's a newbie

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Boxers02: 2:39pm On Jun 06, 2020

Udemy courses available, Get them in your Google Drive for just 1k
Check my signature for details on how to reach me

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:19pm On Jun 06, 2020
Cheddaz:
Last week I went there it was by miracle I got a trip back and it was very dramatic.

Took some boys from ikeja to magoro, thank God the turn back to berger was just like 200m away under a bridge. A request with Ketu destination entered just as I was about entering the express. PUD 5.4km, (I'd rather do it than blow empty back to berger with the traffic) Called rider immediately but the description wasn't clear enough so I decided to used the map not knowing the dude is among the geng that doesn't know how to set PU location when making a request. 1.4km to PUL road was bad I dexides to atop, called rider to meet me up because I can't continue again. Rider said ok. Few minutes later dude called, after asking from people nearby we discovered I was at the wrong location while rider was at Arepo bus stop. Chai!!! GMap was saying 10km to PU...oboy!!! Instead of me ti cancel at that point my sense didnt interpret to me na so one of the guys that directed me offered to take me there on his bike. Dude was following up on the phone(that was my only motivation).

Las las we arrived at Arepo b/s only to find out say na the guy babe dey go in the trip.
The stupid girl has already jump into back seat.

Babe: you kept us in the sun waiting all these time when u know u r not... Bla bla bla

Bikeman: Na here be the place Bros

Dude: Do you accept transfer?

Me: already wind down trying to thank the bikeman while trying to explain to dude he make a mistake on his request, seeing he wasn't even interested in that, I switched attention to the bikeman, Egbun mi how much make I pay na,

Bikeman: Anything way enter you mind

Dude was still asking about transfer, his babe was there saying things, all of these events happended within about 30secs, my blood pressure I'm sure had gone above the normal because I was already exasperated.

The one that blow my fuse was when, as I ask dude to settled the bikeman because he didn't put d right PU address, the next tin was his gf said on whose bill?

Dude supportes by saying I'm not paying any bikeman you re supposed to pick me up from my location.

Me: You know what? I'm not going on this trip afain.
I gave the bikeman N200. Cancel trip, pls step out of my car.

At this point dude was vibrating saying every words that came out of his mouth..

To be continued...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 4:03pm On Jun 06, 2020
Felicity0001:

Last week I went there it was by miracle I got a trip back and it was very dramatic.

Took some boys from ikeja to magoro, thank God the turn back to berger was just like 200m away under a bridge. A request with Ketu destination entered just as I was about entering the express. PUD 5.4km, (I'd rather do it than blow empty back to berger with the traffic) Called rider immediately but the description wasn't clear enough so I decided to used the map not knowing the dude is among the geng that doesn't know how to set PU location when making a request. 1.4km to PUL road was bad I dexides to atop, called rider to meet me up because I can't continue again. Rider said ok. Few minutes later dude called, after asking from people nearby we discovered I was at the wrong location while rider was at Arepo bus stop. Chai!!! GMap was saying 10km to PU...oboy!!! Instead of me ti cancel at that point my sense didnt interpret to me na so one of the guys that directed me offered to take me there on his bike. Dude was following up on the phone(that was my only motivation).

Las las we arrived at Arepo b/s only to find out say na the guy babe dey go in the trip.

Babe: you kept us in the sun waiting all these time when u know u r not... Bla bla bla

Me: already wind down trying to thank the bikeman while trying to explain to dude he make a mistake on his request, seeing he wasn't even interested in that, I switched attention to the bikeman, Egbun mi how much make I pay na,

Dude was still asking about transfer, his babe was there saying things, all of these events happended within about 30secs, my blood pressure I'm sure had gone above the normal because I was already exasperated.

The one that blow my fuse was when, as I ask dude to settled the bikeman because he didn't put d right PU address, the next tin was his gf said on whose bill?

Dude supportes by saying I'm not paying any bikeman you re supposed to pick me up from my location.

At this point dude was vibrating saying every words that came out of his mouth..

To be continued...

Come finish this story if you no want problem

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Anyichukwu147: 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2020
chillex8:

What’s your price bro even though I don’t and will never own a Toyota.

Dr chillex my man, u still here? Nice. 9k5 sir.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 4:40pm On Jun 06, 2020
Felicity0001:

To be continued...

Oga Felix come finish dis story before I dash person your beer now

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Anyichukwu147: 4:45pm On Jun 06, 2020
deedee44:

You didn't include price and delivery fee. For the sake of those who might be interested

Goes for 9k5, delivery depends on your location, but every no go pass 11k. Man Don diversify, help a colleague

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cheddaz: 5:27pm On Jun 06, 2020
I set my destination to Berger had some running s at that area. This is first ehailing trip, was thinking of going offline but wanted give it a try on the app
deedee44:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Beng1234: 6:58pm On Jun 06, 2020
Good evening, please who knows where a can get a good hub for corolla 05? Also, the price for it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2020
Felicity0001:

To be continued...

Abeg finish d story.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:12pm On Jun 06, 2020
Some riders are very considerate n thoughtful.

Once you pick their request, they call n give you the closest landmark vis a vis the route you are using to approach.

Some just assume you should know. Saying" Oga follow your map." Lagos alone has over 9,000 roads.

At times the map sef acts up.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davidtuzy(m): 7:26pm On Jun 06, 2020
ekehopp:
Bolt and Uber have both responded to my DM on Twitter. I asked them about resumption and onboarding of new drivers, as the world reopens after pandemic induced lockdown.

And based on their response I've decided to take my mind off Uber/Bolt till July. At least I've done my bit with full registration. Just for them to do thiers (training and activation/onboarding).
pls bro,wat z d registration like?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:41pm On Jun 06, 2020
mrjaydee:

Come finish this story if you no want problem
Continuation....

Me: please step out of thw car, I related the 2nd time.

Dude then asked his gf to step out. She slammed the door in vextation.

Just as I was about driving off dude was still talking "I will make sure I report this to taxify". In my mind I was like "who cares".

I drove off and cleared at the bustop along the express way, another request came in, destination Ketu, PU location Arepo b/s. Immediately she cancelled. This happened twice.

The dude request came in I accepted, he cancelled twice.

A 3rd one came in, called rider she said she was going to Iyana Ipaja I was like this one even favour me I will just go home afterwards. Immediately dude called me back, started begging saying its like I'm the only one around bla bla bla... I told him I already had a request will get back to him.

Called rider again she was like are you outside?
Her distance from me was about 500m I then suggested she meets me at the b/s because dlof the bad road, she said "I'm paying for you to pick me up so you've to drive down.
In my mind I was like, another one. I rather face the devil I already meet.

As i Cancel dude's gf request enter sharp!.

The End!

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gnykelly(m): 8:00pm On Jun 06, 2020
toomush:

once you are in the area of yaba. that's what you should expect. you will surprised that yaba local government is beside the place same as police station panti...but I tell you they are aware of the runs those guys are doing.

it's illegal but nobody talk since it doesn't concern their families

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dckng16(m): 8:04pm On Jun 06, 2020
Felicity0001:

Continuation....

Dude then asked his gf to step out. She slammed the door in vextation.

Just as I was about driving off dude was still talking "I will make sure I report this to taxify". In my mind I was like "who cares".

I drove off and cleared at the bustop along the express way, another request came in, destination Ketu, PU location Arepo b/s. Immediately she cancelled. This happened twice.

The dude request came in I accepted, he cancelled twice.

A 3rd one came in, called rider she said she was going to Iyana Ipaja I was like this one even favour me I will just go home afterwards. Immediately dude called me back, started begging saying its like I'm the only one around bla bla bla... I told him I already had a request will get back to him.
Called rider again she was like are you outside?
Her distance from me was about 500m I then suggested she meets me at the b/s because dlof the bad road, she said "I'm paying for you to pick me up so you've to drive down.
In my mind I was like, another one. I rather face the devil I already meet.

The End!

Some riders pick up location will be like this, they will still be insisting you come and pick them up. At this point I use my discretion

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ekehopp: 8:14pm On Jun 06, 2020

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 9:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
Felicity0001:

Continuation....

The End!

Person wey no sabi book ride dey threaten to report to Taxify grin. Lagos people no go kee person.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by owolabi5: 10:06pm On Jun 06, 2020
✅ Lagos Plate Number

✅ Change of Ownership

✅ Dealer Plate Number

✅ Renewal of Vehicle Particulars

Call: 08033539981

WhatsApp : 08182880902

carpapers.com.ng

Office Address:

Ministry of Transportation

VIO OFFICE

OWODE ONIRIN BUS STOP

OPPOSITE OWODE ONIRIN MARKET

ALONG IKORODU ROAD

LAGOS
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peterdrury: 2:33am On Jun 07, 2020
Billyddude:
Who is into car delivery business here??I mean getting paid to deliver cars ..eg from lag to the east or Abuja.
Hit me up.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:57am On Jun 07, 2020
tojahh:

Person wey no sabi book ride dey threaten to report to Taxify grin. Lagos people no go kee person.
As zin!! Foolish people
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:03am On Jun 07, 2020
dckng16:

Some riders pick up location will be like this, they will still be insisting you come and pick them up. At this point I use my discretion
Lolzzz... I've parked my car one time trekked like 200m distance to make I entered the radius where the request came in from before cancelling. Cash my N300 cancellation.

I don't get it, weather they want drivers to come carry them from their room I don't know.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2727) (2728) (2729) (2730) (2731) (2732) (2733) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m), Advision and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.