Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,493 members, 7,830,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2732) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4803198 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2729) (2730) (2731) (2732) (2733) (2734) (2735) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
Babadee1900:
Thanks..I’ll make photocopies of it tomorrow.
So you drive with your original DL!!!

Like really??!!!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 8:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
Felicity0001:

One od the downsides with bolt... Very annoying app
Thing is Bolt still has a lot of work to do on its app.

For instance, rider requested, you pick request, less than 2 secs, rider has cancelled embarassed n you pin such cancellations on the driver.

I mean is it possible to communicate wt rider in 3 secs.

Their app needs some serious overhaul,

Funny enough, last year August or so, they called some drivers on the app for a roundtable discussion where they increased their commission.

I don't know maybe it was just a ruse or corporate PR protocol.
Or d drivers were just too timid to make their positions known

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:58pm On Jun 07, 2020
northbird:

Thing is Bolt still has a lot of work to do on its app.

For instance, rider requested, you pick request, less than 2 secs, rider has cancelled embarassed n you pin such cancellations on the driver.

I mean is it possible to communicate wt rider in 3 secs.

Their app needs some serious overhaul,
I feel most of their ellapses are deliberate to capture the market.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:04pm On Jun 07, 2020
Just that Opay is not taking d ocar thing seriously, 15% ain't bad at all

Sadly, Ocar is just a small figment of their grand plan.

If not, Bolt for don sit up.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2020
Felicity0001:

So you drive with your original DL!!!

Like really??!!!

Driving with your original DL has an advantage, especially for FRSC

If he's booked by the road safety, they can actually seize his original DL instead of impounding his car.

I use my original DL, but na only Road Safety I dey present am to.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 9:58pm On Jun 07, 2020
Your are right they have seize my driver license b4
izzou:

If he's booked by the road safety, they can actually seize his original DL instead of impounding his car.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:59pm On Jun 07, 2020
ofime123:
Your are right they have seize my driver license b4

I can bet that if you did not have the original DL, they would have taken your car to their premises

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chicent(m): 10:01pm On Jun 07, 2020
Babadee1900:
Lagos is a jungle. While leaving Apongbon after dropping the girl off, a Lekki phase two request came in from CMS park, I accepted it but I later found out that it was a trap.

Trap!!! pls how
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
izzou:

Road safety don't have any business with your original DL they're the issuer of the DL, even id they want to confirm it's authentity they have the licence No on the laminated copy to do that. Just that the country is a lawless state and her biodata is in total mess else if FRSC books you you shouldn't be able to drive not until you sort things out with them.

I only drive with my original DL when I'm traveling outside Lagos but first I give them my laminated copy, I make sure my docs are ok apart from tyers which is a norms but if tje matywr no get settlement highest be say make dem sieze my fire extinguisher or spare tyer.

But first thing first, which is the clue I always apply. I drive behind a trailer or I slowdown for a trailer to be behind me once I sight them In front of me. Only those on highway can relate.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
Felicity0001:

A law was passed inrespect to that and I think the fine is 2yrs in prison or a fine of 2m ot there about.

2yrs and 2m for what? What kind of stupid law is that, how much is minimum wage? People will just set unrealistic penalty.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 10:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
Chicent:

Trap!!! pls how

Yeye lastma or cbd go order wuber come stand for no waiting,no parking ,keep moving zone dey wait for wuber driver...once wuber driver don show dem go enter ur car ticket u say commit offence..

I hope u understand grin

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:43pm On Jun 07, 2020
pope191:

2yrs and 2m for what? What kind of stupid law is that, how much is minimum wage? People will just set unrealistic penalty.
One of the things our law makers do that give them joy... Slave masters .

Abeg who has the account number of Randy Majek to bring the body of his late dad back to 9ja for proper burial?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by benjijosh(m): 10:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
Hello guys,

I'm looking to stash away some money for a while and I have decided to invest in Uber/Bolt.

The max I have for this purpose is 2m. I have made some research and I found out that I can get a Camry 05/06 for about max 1.85m.

I have no experience in this line, I have only had a friend invest in the same business 2years ago and he told me it's a cool investment.

I have some questions on my mind, is Uber/Bolt still taking drivers?

What are the chances of meeting the weekly return as a new driver, I heard it's somewhere around 25-30k weekly?

I would appreciate your response and advice. Thanks

NB:- I won't be the one driving, I have a driver already and he's some nice guy I have known for years.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 11:24pm On Jun 07, 2020
benjijosh:
Hello guys,

I'm looking to stash away some money for a while and I have decided to invest in Uber/Bolt.

The max I have for this purpose is 2m. I have made some research and I found out that I can get a Camry 05/06 for about max 1.85m.

I have no experience in this line, I have only had a friend invest in the same business 2years ago and he told me it's a cool investment.

What are the chances of meeting the weekly return as a new driver, I heard it's somewhere around 25-30k weekly?

NB:- I won't be the one driving, I have a driver already and he's some nice guy I have known for years.
grin grin grin spending 1 .8, on a car for wuber is expensive....u know say some trips na 400 naira.?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 11:31pm On Jun 07, 2020
stacyadams:
grin grin grin spending 1 .8, on a car for wuber is expensive....u know say some trips na 400 300 naira.?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
Felicity0001:

One of the things our law makers do that give them joy... Slave masters .

Abeg who has the account number of Randy Majek to bring the body of his late dad back to 9ja for proper burial?
Their soft work grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:52pm On Jun 07, 2020
benjijosh:
Hello guys,

Them no dey tell blind man say rain dey fall.

Invest in ehailing at this time at your own peril.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
pope191:

Their soft work grin
I dey tell ugrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by benjijosh(m): 11:59pm On Jun 07, 2020
Felicity0001:

Them no dey tell blind man say rain dey fall.

Invest in ehailing at this time at your own peril.

I suppose you read my post very well, I said I have no experience in this line.
You didn't have to answer sarcastically. Something like "It's the rainy season and not the best time to invest" would have been better.
I would have appreciated your answer the more. undecided

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dbossmanager: 12:35am On Jun 08, 2020
benjijosh:

You didn't have to answer sarcastically. Something like "It's the rainy season and not the best time to invest" would have been better.
No vex bro....but he has told you the truth in his own language...dont put your money in ehailing atleast for now....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cheddaz: 1:23am On Jun 08, 2020
Na so the matter be? Some people no just get joy sha. Got a request about 5 min from where i was parked, had drive a little to make a u- turn. E never even reach 5 mins the trip was cancelled but the rider still called me i think he was booking for a lady. I told him I'm on my way I had to make a u-turn. The lady just dey shout cut the phone, I the told you to cancel, request Anoda. The guy was trying to calm the babe down that she should have patience I'm close. Me i just cut the call. E be like say the guy don Bleep, make she no use me take cool her temper
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by benjijosh(m): 2:09am On Jun 08, 2020
Dbossmanager:

No vex bro....but he has told you the truth in his own language...dont put your money in ehailing atleast for now....

Yeah, I did got his message.
Thanks man
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 5:36am On Jun 08, 2020
benjijosh:

That guy gave you very sound advise and as long as he hasn't breached the forum rules in anyway, how u feel about his message is your business and yours alone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 6:06am On Jun 08, 2020
stacyadams:

Yeye lastma or cbd go order wuber come stand for no waiting,no parking ,keep moving zone dey wait for wuber driver...once wuber driver don show dem go enter ur car ticket u say commit offence..

I hope u understand grin
Correct!

In my case, Immediately I accepted the request, I slowed down before turning to marina so I can put a call through to the rider, called several times, phone number was unreachable, I had passed the traffic light by the cathedral when I received a call from a lady.

She said she’s the one that booked my ride and she can see that I’ve arrived at the park (Riders name is Jimoh, I was expecting to speak with a man, but things like that do happen)

I told her I have already passed the park entrance as it’s a no stopping zone, I told her to come outside of the park and walk a bit further while I go make a U-turn, she said OK.

In less than 3 minutes I made the turn, called this lady while waiting for the traffic light to pass me, she didn’t pick up, the moment I approached the park entrance she picked and said she’s at the cathedral, I should reverse so she can meet me halfway.

I told her ‘God punish you’ , dropped the call and zoom off. I cancelled before heading to vi.

Cc northbird

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 7:00am On Jun 08, 2020
izzou:

I can bet that if you did not have the original DL, they would have taken your car to their premises

You would win that bet. Once had a rider that didn’t use his belt. FRSC stopped us, billed me and seized my DL. While there, I noticed others with various offenses without their original DLs had their cars impounded.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:06am On Jun 08, 2020
benjijosh:

Chairman the thing wey dey now pass raining season, hold on or just hang on for a while till when things improve

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:30am On Jun 08, 2020
benjijosh:

A whole 1.8 milla shocked to put on a car for trips you can't control your fares, time and where you are going.

Hmmn ,you are doing well..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ekehopp: 7:48am On Jun 08, 2020
Not a good time to take Ehailing as a side biz investment...cos of Corona. Start by mid July at earliest.

benjijosh:
Hello guys,

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:54am On Jun 08, 2020
Felicity0001:

Road safety don't have any business with your original DL they're the issuer of the DL, even id they want to confirm it's authentity they have the licence No on the laminated copy to do that. Just that the country is a lawless state and her biodata is in total mess else if FRSC books you you shouldn't be able to drive not until you sort things out with them.

I only drive with my original DL when I'm traveling outside Lagos but first I give them my laminated copy, I make sure my docs are ok apart from tyers which is a norms but if tje matywr no get settlement highest be say make dem sieze my fire extinguisher or spare tyer.

But first thing first, which is the clue I always apply. I drive behind a trailer or I slowdown for a trailer to be behind me once I sight them In front of me. Only those on highway can relate.

I'm not arguing whether it's right or wrong. I'm just telling you the advantage of having your original driver's license with you

If FRSC catches you for any offence, they WILL NOT impound your car if you have your Original Drivers License or Original Vehicle Particulars.

The moment you don't have any of these, they will carry your car to their office, even if the offense is as small as a faulty trafficator.

I just wanted to correct the notion that it's unwise to use your Original DL while driving.

Eizenburg:

You would win that bet. Once had a rider that didn’t use his belt. FRSC stopped us, billed me and seized my DL. While there, I noticed others with various offenses without their original DLs had their cars impounded.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 8:56am On Jun 08, 2020
benjijosh:
Hello guys,

It is a very good investment, u hv one important factor A DRIVER. But another key factor is TIME as dis is not the right time as u will discouraged about the low turnout. But nw is the best time to buy car as there prices are increasing daily.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sakamanjeh99(m): 9:29am On Jun 08, 2020
Pls....
Info on how i can clear mai credit wit bolt....abeg
D acct no nd how to gt d ref no...
Thanks n anticipation
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by benjijosh(m): 9:57am On Jun 08, 2020
Thank y'all for your advice, I guess I have to look into something else.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2729) (2730) (2731) (2732) (2733) (2734) (2735) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.