Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,778 members, 7,831,500 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2761) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4805627 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2758) (2759) (2760) (2761) (2762) (2763) (2764) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 5:10am On Jun 21, 2020
SAMSUNG A30s unboxed and REVIEWED

Join me unbox my new phone

This has to be the best phone to use as a driver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4MfiwI5DzI

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NYCnextStop(m): 7:11am On Jun 21, 2020
Luxurydriverng:
SAMSUNG A30s unboxed and REVIEWED

Join me unbox my new phone

This has to be the best phone to use as a driver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4MfiwI5DzI
nice one

Your car interior looks cool. What car is that?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dckng16(m): 7:14am On Jun 21, 2020
Luxurydriverng:

Uber is dull right now, bolt pays better these days.

I only drive set destinations trip on uber.

Nice one. You were programmed and assigned to receive these trips. Its a rotational thing. They rotate it among the drivers. Am beginning to understand more about how ehailing works from my personal experience and some findings online.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:20am On Jun 21, 2020
Luxurydriverng:

Someone just ask his driver to drop d car key cheesy

Yea! Uber is slow, but what can I do? Been off bolt for some weeks now. On d second tot, I feel they will b an influx wit the rate at which ppl r losing dia jobs.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 7:20am On Jun 21, 2020
*Urgent Information for Vehicle Owners in Lagos State*

Good morning family. This message is for us and our friends.
Please for those of us driving private cars in Lagos State.

Do not carry 3 people in the back seat of your vehicles. LASTMA officials are now focused on impounding private vehicles having more than two persons at their back seat. Many vehicles have already been impounded. A friend's car was impounded for same reason 2 weeks ago and was fined #20,000 by the Lagos State Govt Mobile Court.

#Copied

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 7:58am On Jun 21, 2020
Guys please always be very careful when driving, especially on Lekki Epe exp way.

There's an Uber driver who hit someone around Marwa lastnight. According to him, the person is crossing and he couldn't see him but he knock him down.

Both him and the corpse are currently in Lagos Island hospital. I couldn't upload the voice note here but the driver is in custody.

It's sad that we don't have working system in our country imagine all those crazy fellow crossing under covered pedestrian bridge from Phase 1 to Ajah they don't use pedestrian. And also, from Custain to Maryland down to Ketu, they never use Pedestrian bridge.

I'm feeling for the young guy now Police go use am chop.

Well nobody can be too careful but God will continue to protect us and our family. May God help the uber guy in any condition he's currently in.

#stay safe

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:03am On Jun 21, 2020
Ghost1994:
Guys please always be very careful when driving, especially on Lekki Epe exp way.

There's an Uber driver who hit someone around Marwa lastnight. According to him, the person is crossing and he couldn't see him but he knock him down.

Both him and the corpse are currently in Lagos Island hospital. I couldn't upload the voice note here but the driver is in custody.

It's sad that we don't have working system in our country imagine all those crazy fellow crossing under covered pedestrian bridge from Phase 1 to Ajah they don't use pedestrian. And also, from Custain to Maryland down to Ketu, they never use Pedestrian bridge.

Well nobody can be too careful but God will continue to protect us and our family. May God help the uber guy in any condition he's currently in.

#stay safe

If he has a good lawyer, nothing go happen

Infact the law go still fine the victim/corpse join

Crossing under a pedestrian bridge is against the law

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ekehopp: 8:23am On Jun 21, 2020
*Good evening comrades the voice note above is the voice of one of us in this hustle, he is Muyiwa by name, he needs advice and contact if possible to help him out of this mess. Please for those who can help in one way or the other should please reach him on his number 08175538189 The rest of us can pray for him to get help speedily.. Thank you comrades.*

***driver audio narrating accident is attached

Ghost1994:

#stay safe

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 8:33am On Jun 21, 2020
ekehopp:
*Good evening comrades the voice note above is the voice of one of us in this hustle, he is Muyiwa by name, he needs advice and contact if possible to help him out of this mess. Please for those who can help in one way or the other should please reach him on his number 08175538189 The rest of us can pray for him to get help speedily.. Thank you comrades.*

Hmm... So sad. I just feel for the guy. sad sad
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by paroh137(m): 9:16am On Jun 21, 2020
izzou:

Avalon na V6, right?

Yes boss. Been in love with that car a long time. Seems I go drop am cry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 9:31am On Jun 21, 2020
paroh137:

Though it’s not the best tool for the job but if that’s what you have, try it out. If the car has not been abused you should be able to make something from using it.

I have met a couple of guys who use a V6 engine car for the hustle. Yesterday one guy walked up to me at Shoprite Sangotedo, he uses V6 DC. I have seen someone with RX330, V6 Camry.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 9:39am On Jun 21, 2020
Luxurydriverng:

Wow see money! God give you more strength for the hustle bro.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:42am On Jun 21, 2020
@ JP world @ bigleaf.

The intent is not to knock down anybody's hustle.

Just a heads up for drivers who get request to that axis. Cos by default Google map will take them through the sango toll gate road n rite now. Both axis are terribly bad.

If you get a trip going to that side ( towards sango toll gate) , ensure you don't go beyond 'Clem road'

,( Clem road will lead you back to ijayie/ post office, from there you link up to terry grilllo street n you can find your way.

If you fail to use clem road, then ensure you turn into the 'Alakuko' road, I think it leads to ijayie, I'm not sure.

If you insist going to sango ota. Use the Ekoro/ command road, and link up with the AIT road, that will cut you off from the gullies on the sango-toll gate expressway.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:42am On Jun 21, 2020
paroh137:

Na person wan give you, or na your personal car?

Either ways, e be like say e no pay oh

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Beng1234: 9:44am On Jun 21, 2020
Ghost1994:

#stay safe

Na God Dey keep person out of trouble. No matter how careful you are, u cannot predict what’s in the mind of the other driver. In this case, the police cannot detain both the driver and the vehicle. I don’t think the matter would reach court too. Police go just chop the guy well; He will be granted bail, settle the victim’s family, bail his car, settle the IPO. His prayers should be that the victim’s family shouldn’t ask for much. God be with everyone.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Beng1234: 9:45am On Jun 21, 2020
ekehopp:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 9:52am On Jun 21, 2020
Ghost1994:

#stay safe

Egungun don finally enter express. God grant the family of the deceased the strength to bear the loss.

Total concentration is needed when driving guys even though we can’t tell what actually happened.

I pray for continuous protection from above for all.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:57am On Jun 21, 2020
Beng1234:

Na God Dey keep person out of trouble. No matter how careful you are, u cannot predict what’s in the mind of the other driver. In this case, the police cannot detain both the driver and the vehicle. I don’t think the matter would reach court too. Police go just chop the guy well; He will be granted bail, settle the victim’s family, bail his car, settle the IPO. His prayers should be that the victim’s family shouldn’t ask for much. God be with everyone.

Ask for much?

Abi they will have to let go.

If the case gets to court, I doubt if that driver will go to jail, or if he does, get a heavy sentence

There's a pedestrian bride at Marwa. Why did the deceased cross the road?

If the driver has a good lawyer, the deceased family go drop the case sef

May God comfort the family and see the driver through
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 9:59am On Jun 21, 2020
InfinityEstates:
Lagos flood wahala. I didn't even bother going out yesterday as I anticipated how it would play out with flood, traffic and all.

I faced it sometime last month at OSAPA LONDON and Lekki around Fola Osibo... My car was practically floating in that Osapa. That place na rubbish for rainy season abeg. I had to remove the seats and the rug the next day. It was not a funny experience.

Meanwhile, how do you guys deal with riders when you don't have change? I try as much as possible to have change with me but sometimes it just happens and you have no change.

CC: pope191, Felicity0001 northbird et al.

Guys stop driving when there’s heavy downpour. Forget about surge or what not. Most times it’s not worth the risk/health of your car.

On the issue of change for riders, if it’s 100 or 200, I usually tell the stubborn ones to have it, otherwise most of them don’t even mind freeing it. On the flip side, I go to some of these provision shops that sell wholesale, buy something I need and plead with them for a change of 3k or so. It works 95% of the time.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Beng1234: 10:02am On Jun 21, 2020
izzou:

Ask for much?

Abi they will have to let go.

If the case gets to court, I doubt if that driver will go to jail, or if he does, get a heavy sentence

There's a pedestrian bride at Marwa. Why did the deceased cross the road?

If the driver has a good lawyer, the deceased family go drop the case sef

May God comfort the family and see the driver through

The case won’t smell court. But the driver will be asked to settle with the family of the victim first.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adedapodvirus001(m): 10:26am On Jun 21, 2020
Good morning pilots.

I registered on uber platform and I uploaded my car particulars but they rejected my road worthiness saying it carry ogun state and not lagos state. I also uploaded a cover up paper that was given to me pending when my original driver's licence will be ready but it was rejected too. Please what should I do on these issues?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yinkaoke(f): 10:35am On Jun 21, 2020
Hello house,
I have s tokunbo car with check engine light on but the car works fine. Please will l be disqualified by Uber ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oyepaulkay(m): 10:38am On Jun 21, 2020
Two Toyota Corollas available for rental, Uber/taxify

Only Serious minds should contact me.

Potential Driver should reside preferably on the mainland and must have guarantors ready.

Chat me up on WhatsApp.

Number on my signature.

Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by paroh137(m): 10:39am On Jun 21, 2020
Babadee1900:
Though it’s not the best tool for the job but if that’s what you have, try it out. If the car has not been abused you should be able to make something from using it.

I have met a couple of guys who use a V6 engine car for the hustle. Yesterday one guy walked up to me at Shoprite Sangotedo, he uses V6 DC. I have seen someone with RX330, V6 Camry.

Na Camry muscle person use pick my wife last week omo I shock shocked
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by paroh137(m): 10:41am On Jun 21, 2020
izzou:

Na person wan give you, or na your personal car?

Either ways, e be like say e no pay oh
Nah I'm considering which to buy, to use for both Uber and personal car. I just like Avalon but seems I'll have to do with another car.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:46am On Jun 21, 2020
yinkaoke:
Hello house,
I have s tokunbo car with check engine light on but the car works fine. Please will l be disqualified by Uber ?

If you car moves wtout issues, n the ac is good. You are doing fine bro. Fire on...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:52am On Jun 21, 2020
For Bolt, you re good to go. But Uber, especially if you do the inspection at cars 45, they may not be nice to you. Better clear the light first before going for inspection in case you are not ready to scan it. Just remove the negative head of your battery for a min and reconnect it. The light will disappear. Might come back later sha.
yinkaoke:
Hello house,
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:54am On Jun 21, 2020
Guys I get issue with Uber o. Account was last used 2 years ago. I have uploaded the inspection, Road worthiness and insurance. All went through. But Uber still telling me not complete. Is Hackney permit now compulsory cos I saw it showing 'missing' in the profile?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 10:56am On Jun 21, 2020
paroh137:

Na Camry muscle person use pick my wife last week omo I shock shocked

If u come see luxuryuberdriver with him Benz nko or doctor that is using RX330 Lexus.....u go faint be dat
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yinkaoke(f): 11:07am On Jun 21, 2020
[thanks, but ur advice wouldn't work because it was a result of brain box replacement that gave a scanned code which has been bypassed by my rewire as costless approach. If l must clear l will buy another brain box and that procedure is expensive

Please how much is it to do inspection? And is any car45 around Anthony?

quote author=davit post=90905789]For Bolt, you re good to go. But Uber, especially if you do the inspection at cars 45, they may not be nice to you. Better clear the light first before going for inspection in case you are not ready to scan it. Just remove the negative head of your battery for a min and reconnect it. The light will disappear. Might come back later sha. [/quote]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:17am On Jun 21, 2020
Inspection is 2k. Google centre around.
yinkaoke:
[thanks, but ur advice wouldn't work because it was a result of brain box replacement that gave a scanned code which has been bypassed by my rewire as costless approach. If l must clear l will buy another brain box and that procedure is expensive

Please how much is it to do inspection? And is any car45 around Anthony?

quote author=davit post=90905789]For Bolt, you re good to go. But Uber, especially if you do the inspection at cars 45, they may not be nice to you. Better clear the light first before going for inspection in case you are not ready to scan it. Just remove the negative head of your battery for a min and reconnect it. The light will disappear. Might come back later sha.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 11:48am On Jun 21, 2020
izzou:

If he has a good lawyer, nothing go happen

Infact the law go still fine the victim/corpse join

Crossing under a pedestrian bridge is against the law

Gbam u nailed it.

So far he is driving under the speed limit. Infact absolutely nothing will happen but in Nija we too fear Court

(1) (2) (3) ... (2758) (2759) (2760) (2761) (2762) (2763) (2764) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: donbrowser(m), Ceenelly(m), dckng16(m), jpworld(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.