Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2758) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4758446 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2755) (2756) (2757) (2758) (2759) (2760) (2761) ... (5693) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 8:17pm On Jun 19, 2020
northbird:

Baba infinity, I greet you. I have change most of d tym.

Well some riders mite leave change but I don't want to b gender bias, at times d guys let it slide esp if its not more than #100.

But if rider remains adamant, I offer a recharge top up via my opay app. Its almost immediate.

Hmm... Recharge topup. I never even thought about that. That's something I'll definitely try.

Some weeks ago, I dropped off a lady in the night. Ride ended N1700. She gave me 2K. I didn't have N300.

Me: I'm sorry I don't have change. Do you have N200 so I can give you N500? (I had 5H).

Rider: I don't have (with a frown on her face). That's how you guys do. You'll always say you don't have change so that we would leave the change for you.

Me: Madam that's ridiculous. I genuinely don't have change. If I did, I'll give you.

Rider: Bla Bla Bla...

Me: You know what, take... (Giving her the 5H)

Rider: (Collecting it...) What do we do, I don't have N200.

Me: Don't worry, you can go. Have a good night.

Rider: Oh, thank you... (Smiling now)

Me: undecided undecided undecided

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 8:19pm On Jun 19, 2020
Chuwaa:

Get the small hair dryer women use for drying their hair and put it to highest(hot). It will dry it in 45 minutes
Powering the dryer will be a challenge

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by benitdavid: 8:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
Pls who knows when taxify would open their offices for new riders
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
Always pay with 1k at the tolls or any time I buy something I always try to buy with 1k or 5h that way I always have change with me.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 8:35pm On Jun 19, 2020
InfinityEstates:

Hmm... Recharge topup. I never even thought about that. That's something I'll definitely try.

Some weeks ago, I dropped off a lady in the night. Ride ended N1700. She gave me 2K. I didn't have N300.

Me: I'm sorry I don't have change. Do you have N200 so I can give you N500? (I had 5H).

Rider: I don't have (with a frown on her face). That's how you guys do. You'll always say you don't have change so that we would leave the change for you.

Me: Madam that's ridiculous. I genuinely don't have change. If I did, I'll give you.

Rider: Bla Bla Bla...

Me: You know what, take... (Giving her the 5H)

Rider: (Collecting it...) What do we do, I don't have N200.

Me: Don't worry, you can go. Have a good night.

Rider: Oh, thank you... (Smiling now)

Me: undecided undecided undecided

Most times I top up their line, some will say they don’t want. I tell them to give me their account number so I can transfer their change.

...and some I tell them to transfer the money. Saves us both the stress.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 8:39pm On Jun 19, 2020
Gentlelife50:
Always pay with 1k at the tolls or any time I buy something I always try to buy with 1k or 5h that way I always have change with me.

Do you use the e-tag? If you do, the toll MIGHT be deducted from your account even when you pay with cash.

So you've NEVER been without change? If you have, what did you do aside from the rider leaving the change for you?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 8:41pm On Jun 19, 2020
Babadee1900:
Most times I top up their line, some will say they don’t want. I tell them to give me their account number so I can transfer their change.

...and some I tell them to transfer the money. Saves us both the stress.

I tell some to transfer too (if they can) when I know they are not a flight risk.

Wait o, you really transfer their change? cheesy
What if it was N100?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 9:11pm On Jun 19, 2020
InfinityEstates:

I tell some to transfer too (if they can) when I know they are not a flight risk.

Wait o, you really transfer their change? cheesy
What if it was N100?
Yes I transfer. I have transferred 200, 400.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stephenponti(m): 9:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
izzou:

Offer them a 70k per month job and a good number of them will not quit.

Fuel attendant jobs are well sought for, not because of the salary, but because of what they gain through cheating

Just like Tanker drivers too. They won't quit driving tankers for a job in Aso rock

Ole ni almost everybody

These fuel attendants are best at scamming anyone who did not attend to the meter while they sell.

Today at Petrocam Sangotedo, I parked on 1st pump on second row at the station.

I told the attendant to sell 2k POS,

He pretended to be dispensing the fuel as i watched him from the tinted glass.

Meter already had 1k sale he dispensed extra 1k ontop making it 2k without reseting the meter.

He then handed me the POS to put card pin i told him to change the POS price to 1k, the guy shock!

Him - Chairman na 2k fuel i sell,
Me - Ok fine please i want to see your manager
Him- Abeg take, he ve quickly changed POS to 1k
Me- Fool you want to scam your father.
Took my POS printout and card and Zoomed off.

Make una shine una eyeooo.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stephenponti(m): 10:04pm On Jun 19, 2020
InfinityEstates:

Do you use the e-tag? If you do, the toll MIGHT be deducted from your account even when you pay with cash.

So you've NEVER been without change? If you have, what did you do aside from the rider leaving the change for you?

I removed the tag sticker and use only the card when I want to use e-tag route. that way I can get change from them by paying cash without been double charged.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 10:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
stephenponti:

I removed the tag sticker and use only the card when I want to use e-tag route. that way I can get change from them by paying cash without been double charged.

Make sense...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:38pm On Jun 19, 2020
InfinityEstates:
Lagos flood wahala. I didn't even bother going out yesterday as I anticipated how it would play out with flood, traffic and all.

I faced it sometime last month at OSAPA LONDON and Lekki around Fola Osibo... My car was practically floating in that Osapa. That place na rubbish for rainy season abeg. I had to remove the seats and the rug the next day. It was not a funny experience.

Meanwhile, how do you guys deal with riders when you don't have change? I try as much as possible to have change with me but sometimes it just happens and you have no change.

CC: pope191, Felicity0001 northbird et al.

I always have change, but in a case of which I don't have and what I have to part with is like 100/200, I'll let the rider have it, but if it is the other way round, it will b my luck day.

Today is my first day of grossing 15,100 including 400 for toll gate after dis corona, my sleep dis night tho grin couple with the rider I picked from Festac to Ajah, the girl was on phone from Bonny camp to Ajah. Wetin my ear hear today, one bundle of cotton bud won't b able to clean it, I was just driving rubbish

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 10:43pm On Jun 19, 2020
pope191:

I always have change, but in a case of which I don't have and what I have to part with is like 100/200, I'll let the rider have it, but if it is the other way round, it will b my luck day.

Today is my first day of grossing 15,100 including 400 for toll gate after dis corona, my sleep dis night tho grin couple with the rider I picked from Festac to Ajah, the girl was on phone from Bonny camp to Ajah. Wetin my ear hear today, one bundle of cotton bud won't b able to clean it, I was just driving rubbish

cheesy cheesy

15K... E no bad. There are some good days this period especially Fridays to Sundays.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 12:58am On Jun 20, 2020
InfinityEstates:

I hardly run out of change, I will definitely buy something or eat so I always ensure to get change.
I learn the hard way on uber

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 1:58am On Jun 20, 2020
InfinityEstates:
Lagos flood wahala. I didn't even bother going out yesterday as I anticipated how it would play out with flood, traffic and all.

I faced it sometime last month at OSAPA LONDON and Lekki around Fola Osibo... My car was practically floating in that Osapa. That place na rubbish for rainy season abeg. I had to remove the seats and the rug the next day. It was not a funny experience.

Meanwhile, how do you guys deal with riders when you don't have change? I try as much as possible to have change with me but sometimes it just happens and you have no change.

CC: pope191, Felicity0001 northbird et al.
1) if its a uber ride I review reporting rider paid less stating the reason it will be reconcile accordingly. But this was b4 oga coro period oh not now again, uber don broke now.

2) I've transfer N200 naira change from my account to a lady b4.

3) I look for somewhere safe to park, lock my car then look buy something.

4) depends on how good the trip went from conversation after accepting the request to drop off, I leave it to rider as dash, sometimes they need that change. But I don't leave my change for people like Dangote who don't want to leave theirs.

5) If the trip was an unfriendly one I sometimes frustrate the rider by delaying, I will drive around to get h/h change.

Note that it's drivers responsibility to give change on every cash trip, uber will even ask you to have the smallest of change even if it a coin.

85% of my encounters riders have dashed me instead grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:05am On Jun 20, 2020
Babadee1900:
Powering the dryer will be a challenge
You no get IpassMyNeigbor? grin be innovative for once nagrin or better still get an extension.

But one has to be very careful ooh most fuel tanks are hidden under the seat or rug make you no go bomb you car oh grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:13am On Jun 20, 2020
InfinityEstates:

cheesy cheesy

15K... E no bad. There are some good days this period especially Fridays to Sundays.
Saturdays have never been a good day for me this period but I'm doing fasting and prayer this night I must gross N50 today esha Allah grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chicent(m): 3:37am On Jun 20, 2020
Felicity0001:

Saturdays have never been a good day for me this period but I'm doing fasting and prayer this night I must gross N50 today esha Allah grin

grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 6:28am On Jun 20, 2020
Felicity0001:

You no get IpassMyNeigbor? grin be innovative for once nagrin or better still get an extension.

But one has to be very careful ooh most fuel tanks are hidden under the seat or rug make you no go bomb you car oh grin
grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 6:37am On Jun 20, 2020
Felicity0001:

cheesy cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 9:11am On Jun 20, 2020
pope191:

the girl was on phone from Bonny camp to Ajah. Wetin my ear hear today, one bundle of cotton bud won't b able to clean it, I was just driving rubbish

Please tell us na sad

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 9:24am On Jun 20, 2020
pope191:

Wetin u hear grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Beng1234: 9:38am On Jun 20, 2020
That’s how I carried a rider from surulere to banana island. Baba was eating rice and breaking bones with his teeth like a mad man. I jejely told him no to litter the seat and rugs. As I ended trip, I got another request immediately. Something asked me to look back. Lol and behold I saw the bowl baba used in eating on the back seat. I look out, baba was trying to meet the person he came to look for. I called him back like he forgot something. When he came back, I asked him to pick his bowl and dispose. He then said I should help me dispose. “Oh! Na me be lawma abi? Baba, take your plate”.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 9:44am On Jun 20, 2020
Help guys. I did Uber inspection yesterday. All efforts to upload the report have proved abortive. I have uploaded other docs. But each time I upload the report I get the attached error.

Dunno what is wrong. I only noticed the inspection centre indicated my car to be 2008 on their report though it is a 2009 car. How do I rectify this?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 9:48am On Jun 20, 2020
Some Nigerian people, ehen!
Beng1234:
That’s how I carried a rider from surulere to banana island. Baba was eating rice and breaking bones with his teeth like a mad man. I jejely told him no to litter the seat and rugs. As I ended trip, I got another request immediately. Something asked me to look back. Lol and behold I saw the bowl baba used in eating on the back seat. I look out, baba was trying to meet the person he came to look for. I called him back like he forgot something. When he came back, I asked him to pick his bowl and dispose. He then said I should help me dispose. “Oh! Na me be lawma abi? Baba, take your plate”.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Beng1234: 9:50am On Jun 20, 2020
Beng1234:

Most Nigerians live like animals. Something they cannot try in a sane country. In Dubai, u cannot litter a cab, u will be fined. The tour guide that took me to the desert in an Hilux Warned that we would pay a certain fine if any of us should throw up in his car. Na this our country them dey look driver like errand boy. Tufia

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ekehopp: 9:57am On Jun 20, 2020
Happened to me.
Discrepancy between what is on inspection report and vehicle you added on driver app. 2009-2009 as you have already mentioned.
Go to driver app and delete the vehicle. Then add a new one. make sure details added are exactly as stated on inspection report.

davit:
Help guys. I did Uber inspection yesterday. All efforts to upload the report have proved abortive. I have uploaded other docs. But each time I upload the report I get the attached error.

Dunno what is wrong. I only noticed the inspection centre indicated my car to be 2008 on their report though it is a 2009 car. How do I rectify this?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yinkaoke(f): 9:59am On Jun 20, 2020
Thanks Sir
PuZZyNegro:

The filling stations at Onipanu Bus Stop do inspections for Uber and Bolt respectively.

They're adjacent to each other.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:02am On Jun 20, 2020
InfinityEstates:

cheesy cheesy

At all, gracefully grateful.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 10:08am On Jun 20, 2020
Beng1234:
You never see anything ; shebi Na you allow am eat.

I had a rider some weeks ago, driving to destination bros bought groundnut; the one with shell, in traffic.
In my mind abi this man will litter my carpet with this thing or what. I they look.

Baba turned to me and said ‘‘where’s your dustbin”? shocked

I said excuse me

He said Heen I mean where I can dump the trash.
I told him to use the nylon with him.

Or another guy I picked from circle mall, the minute he sat down, he began to shred the pos printout on the carpet.

I looked at him With strong face and said bro this is not right, you are deliberately littering my car. This guy had the mind to tell me it’s my duty to clean my car after every ride. Telling me how he’s been to Ghana, he does whatever he wants in the car yen yen yen.

Mad people everywhere

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:11am On Jun 20, 2020
You mean I should add another inspection report?
That will amount redoing the inspection. Do you think the centre can rectify this? Thinking of calling them.
ekehopp:
Happened to me.
Discrepancy between what is on inspection report and vehicle you added on driver app. 2009-2009 as you have already mentioned.
Go to driver app and delete the vehicle. Then add a new one. make sure details added are exactly as stated on inspection report.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:15am On Jun 20, 2020
The 2nd scenario though. For real? So many crazy riders we gat here!
Babadee1900:
You never see anything ; shebi Na you allow am eat.

I had a rider some weeks ago, driving to destination bros bought groundnut; the one with shell, in traffic.
In my mind abi this man will litter my carpet with this thing or what. I they look.

Baba turned to me and said ‘‘where’s your dustbin”? shocked

I said excuse me

He said Heen I mean where I can dump the trash.
I told him to use the nylon with him.

Or another guy I picked from circle mall, the minute he sat down, he began to shred the pos printout on the carpet.

I looked at him With strong face and said bro this is not right, you are deliberately littering my car. This guy had the mind to tell me it’s my duty to clean my car after every ride. Telling me how he’s been to Ghana, he does whatever he wants in the car yen yen yen.

Mad people everywhere

(1) (2) (3) ... (2755) (2756) (2757) (2758) (2759) (2760) (2761) ... (5693) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Omoapena(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.