Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2787) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4798517 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2784) (2785) (2786) (2787) (2788) (2789) (2790) ... (5699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dansito: 8:11pm On Jul 03, 2020
Pls have Uber/Bolt opened Their Office in lagos
°°° pls i need info on hw to register now. Apply online
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dckng16(m): 8:32pm On Jul 03, 2020
Gentlelife50:

As in people don't have conscience, after taking the driver to this nonsense route that a lot of drivers would have rejected he still have the gut to scam him.
People wicked sha
Similar thing has happened to me in my early days bro. 2017 to be precise. I picked a guy from yaba to ogba, we got gisting. He told me he is a car dealer, he imports expensive cars Benz, BMW and so on. He showed me expensive cars he sells in his garage, I fell for it. On getting to his destination I ended trip. The fare was around N3,800, there was mad traffic and that was when taxify app reads well in traffic. The dude told me I should park at one TFC food outlet around that Ogba axis. He came down walked few kilometers to GTBank claiming he wants to withdraw cash to pay me. Being an Ajiamu in the biz I didn’t follow him to confirm if he was actually going to ATM. I waited for about 30mins. I called his number it wasn’t going through. Na so the nigga take JAPA. The whole scenario became like shock to me. I was so pained and heart broken, I felt like crying grin I never knew such people exist cos it was happening to me for the first time in the biz. I reported him to BOLT, fashy the money, learnt my lessons and moved on. In a nutshell some people are desperately wicked like you said. They don’t have feelings and their guilty conscience is dead. One has to be sensitive and at alert when we come across them and know how to deal with them.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:34pm On Jul 03, 2020
MedellinCartel:
Good evening my people,

I've been following this thread for some time and honestly, some stories I read here are just heartbreaking. It's a crazy country we find ourselves but ahead ahead is the only way, may our efforts not be in vain.

My responsibilities have increased in recent times and I honestly need another source of income besides my currrent shift job. In this vein, I've been considering joining uber or bolt as a driver. I realise I need the right mentorship and playbook if i am to succeed this business.Below is my profile and I would like your honest advice on how I may proceed.

I run a one day, one night and two off shift at work. I have a Camry 2007 in good condition. I am not so conversant with Lagos road but I am excellent in using Google maps hence I hardly run into issues locating places here in Lagos. I have a young family, hence, driving at night isn't a top option for me.

Ps: how do you guys safeguard yourselves amidst this Corona virus pandemic?
The car is yours so it's easy, you can use your off days at work to hustle with your car.

Put into use all that you have learnt here.

Just try as much as possible to avoid flood and bad roads.

Don't pick/drop riders on major roads

Avoid transfers and fake alerts grin

As for our safety? It's in God's hands

All the best

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:37pm On Jul 03, 2020
eyinola:
Abeg how bolt go take get their commission from me , na so so cash trips i dey do oooo.lol grin grin
You go soon begin dey do so so card trips grin
That's how they collect their commission .

You can pay it into their account though

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dckng16(m): 8:44pm On Jul 03, 2020
Felicity0001:

Why would anyone make you feel intimidated or less a human or inferior for who they're and what they do? How

For you or anyone to feel intimidated or threatened means you are having issue with your self esteem and you see yourself as worthless and just an ordinary driver.

This is one of the major reasons the advice of good dressing and good looking is advised. So who so ever enters your ride should be able to access you and know if they can play a fast one on you or not.

As for me, evennif you're 2baba or Mr president I'll only accord you the respect you accord me meeting me otherwise I give you the way you want it, simple.

In btw, some women's beauty and approach can make someone break his rules ooh... Chai! I'm currently on a trip with one beautiful and respectful woman. She carry food from house enter car first thing she said was "come and eat" with smile on her face. Chia! Local man just weak... We've had like 3stops already with at least 5min each...

I didn't know beautiful women still have good manners like this b4 oh.
Such riders are one in a million. They possess this unusual courtesy and politeness. An average female rider don’t have manners and etiquette, especially from poor homes, their perception about driver is so degrading and dehumanizing. I ve met this unique and special riders too. Most of them tends to come from wealthy homes.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 8:59pm On Jul 03, 2020
deedee44:

You go soon begin dey do so so card trips grin
That's how they collect their commission .

You can pay it into their account though
lol, okay...as I dey see negative balance i dey fear grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dckng16(m): 9:02pm On Jul 03, 2020
eyinola:
Abeg how bolt go take get their commission from me , na so so cash trips i dey do oooo.lol grin grin
e dey sweet u and u dey happy grin. By the time you start paying commission u will know how far. Me I prefer Cash mixed with Card trips. 80% Cash 20% Card, u won’t have problems settling your outstanding

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mutfad: 9:02pm On Jul 03, 2020
Abeg, I need a good car for Uber in Lagos.
I promise to be dutiful.
Please, Help a fellow nairalander
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 03, 2020
dckng16:
Such riders are one in a million. They possess this unusual courtesy and politeness. An average female rider don’t have manners and etiquette, especially from poor homes, their perception about driver is so degrading and dehumanizing. I ve met this unique and special riders too. Most of them tends to come from wealthy homes.

The ones from poor homes that you would expect to be humble are worse. They try to order you by every opportunity. I always have a way of making them to shut up. Need I mention the ones from south east. The bulk of bad and repulsive riders are from there.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MedellinCartel(m): 9:19pm On Jul 03, 2020
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 9:23pm On Jul 03, 2020
I go to festac everytime and I have no business with mile 2. If am going from island. I take the long bridge to oshodi. Then sometimes I take ago Palace or festac access or apple junction then going out from festac strickly ago Palace I can never reject trip to festac because I don't stay long b4 I get a rider out
dckng16:
Baba with your vast experience in the biz u still dey hustle go festac, with that big dish at mile 2 and containers and tankers wey full everywhere . The last time I went to festac 2 containers nearly fell on me. I was shouting blood of Jesus till I got to my riders destination. grin It was such a horrible experience I will never forget. Festac is a no go area until government fix that death trap at mile 2.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 9:32pm On Jul 03, 2020
dansito:
Pls have Uber/Bolt opened Their Office in lagos
°°° pls i need info on hw to register now. Apply online

Yes. They have opened shop
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:40pm On Jul 03, 2020
dckng16:
Similar thing has happened to me in my early days bro. 2017 to be precise. I picked a guy from yaba to ogba, we got gisting. He told me he is a car dealer, he imports expensive cars Benz, BMW and so on. He showed me expensive cars he sells in his garage, I fell for it. On getting to his destination I ended trip. The fare was around N3,800, there was mad traffic and that was when taxify app reads well in traffic. The dude told me I should park at one TFC food outlet around that Ogba axis. He came down walked few kilometers to GTBank claiming he wants to withdraw cash to pay me. Being an Ajiamu in the biz I didn’t follow him to confirm if he was actually going to ATM. I waited for about 30mins. I called his number it wasn’t going through. Na so the nigga take JAPA. The whole scenario became like shock to me. I was so pained and heart broken, I felt like crying grin I never knew such people exist cos it was happening to me for the first time in the biz. I reported him to BOLT, fashy the money, learnt my lessons and moved on. In a nutshell some people are desperately wicked like you said. They don’t have feelings and their guilty conscience is dead. One has to be sensitive and at alert when we come across them and know how to deal with them.
Chaii, the guy have PhD in scamming.
I know he must be one of these island guys, they can brag for Africa while in reality they are empty, broke and pitiable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ochima75(m): 9:41pm On Jul 03, 2020
MedellinCartel:
Thanks for your prompt response.

Can you kindly list some no go areas in Lagos in terms of bad/flooded roads et al?

What do you mean by don't pick or drop riders on major roads.

When it's raining and you are going to the island.
1. Avoid berger-inward iyana woro- inward third mainland. Rather use ikeja, gbagada and continue.

2. Avoid mile 2(I don't even go there no matter what), festac, Ago, surulere (aguda & so on), traffic & water in these areas are like 5 & 6.

3. Avoid ketu, mile 12 on ikorodu road.

4. Be wary of ogba. Latter rain axis

5. Be wary of agege, abule egba interiors(its either traffic or flood due to bad roads 5&6)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 9:57pm On Jul 03, 2020
dckng16:
e dey sweet u and u dey happy grin. By the time you start paying commission u will know how far. Me I prefer Cash mixed with Card trips. 80% Cash 20% Card, u won’t have problems settling your outstanding
na so I want am too, but card trip no just come my way ..maybe because ino dey do pass 3-4 trips a day shaaaaa

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 10:02pm On Jul 03, 2020
All this places you mention now, is it not better to just stay at home. Because if u don't go all this places how do u intend to make money?
Ochima75:

1. Avoid berger-inward iyana woro- inward third mainland. Rather use ikeja, gbagada and continue.

2. Avoid mile 2(I don't even go there no matter what), festac, Ago, surulere (aguda & so on), traffic & water in these areas are like 5 & 6.

5. Be wary of agege, abule egba interiors(its either traffic or flood due to bad roads 5&6)

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by knytred: 10:09pm On Jul 03, 2020
Exactly sir, you have great experience, when it rains avoid any access road to Festac , on a particular day after paddling mile 2 waters I still go paddle Apple junction to ago palace waters

Slickleo:

No be wen rain fall heavily, or else ur car go turn canoe

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 10:11pm On Jul 03, 2020
izzou:

Just seeing this now. Have you registered it bro?

Done... Thanks man
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by promskid28: 10:13pm On Jul 03, 2020
coker007:

My friend, there are two things to consider here
1. Who foots the repair bill
2. Are you knowledgeable enough about roads and route's you should avoid

He is the one that will foots the repair bill.
About the road, yes I knw where to avoid going,
Pls just put me through, whether I should agree with him with the 25k weekly or not.
Thanks for your assistance.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davidtuzy(m): 10:18pm On Jul 03, 2020
Pls bro hw did u register?
Wat are d steps?? Pls help me out, Am new
promskid28:
Please house, I met a car owner partner and he said I should be delivering 25k weekly, and I'm a new registered Uber driver, I told him that I should be paying 20k but he refused, should I agree with him with the 25k weekly...?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by promskid28: 10:23pm On Jul 03, 2020
davidtuzy:
Pls bro hw did u register?
Wat are d steps?? Pls help me out, Am new

I bought an account from someone who has done the registration then I change the password

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 10:24pm On Jul 03, 2020
davit:
Guys learn from this. Nothing like help me drop so so person, I will transfer after trip.

Aldsm, let's help collect this money by making calls to him.

A similar thing nearly happened to me, but I was sharp, I told him Lets make it offline and insisted he pays for the trip before I leave... Las Las nah the girls him scam grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davidtuzy(m): 10:33pm On Jul 03, 2020
Pls bro, can u give me d address
lexylexy:

Yes. They have opened shop
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 10:33pm On Jul 03, 2020
promskid28:
Please house, I met a car owner partner and he said I should be delivering 25k weekly, and I'm a new registered Uber driver, I told him that I should be paying 20k but he refused, should I agree with him with the 25k weekly...?
Since you are new in this line of business, I will advise you tell him to let you test the group for a week or two for 25k first by then you will know what is good for you either to continue or terminate the deal.
Note: You may not make much profit in the beginning.
You must also consider the terms and conditions before taking decisions.
Best of luck.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davidtuzy(m): 10:38pm On Jul 03, 2020
Can u reffer 1 to me and how much did u get urs??
promskid28:

I bought an account from someone who has done the registration then I change the password
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 10:38pm On Jul 03, 2020
Ochima75:

How will you advise someone to forgo straight road and go get stuck in traffic using gbagada and ikeja? Not to mention the many turn turn.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davidtuzy(m): 10:42pm On Jul 03, 2020
I would love to start processing mine from monday.. Pls can someone mentor me on hw to go about my registration

Pls help a fellow new and intending pilot
( i wan follow my passion )
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 10:45pm On Jul 03, 2020
promskid28:

You bought an uber account? Just so you know, uber randomly does facial verification and when your face don’t match the one on the profile, you won’t be able to go online.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:46pm On Jul 03, 2020
ndubuis:

The ones from poor homes that you would expect to be humble are worse. They try to order you by every opportunity. I always have a way of making them to shut up. Need I mention the ones from south east. The bulk of bad and repulsive riders are from there.

Lol... If those girls tell u what they go thro to get that money, I'm such u will see the reason behind their attitude. Felicity001 once said girls from south east r very harsh, ever since then, I took dat observation into consideration, damn! Savage done, I don't even know what to use to qualify their harshness, if u r hearing anything like Oga where r u and where r u taking? Nah dem cheesy I think it's that mentality of u need to open ur eyes once u r in Lagos dats consuming dem, cos I've lived in d east for years and d ladies r not like that. From Nnewi to Owerri, u'll find some of the sweetest and fun filled ladies

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 10:47pm On Jul 03, 2020
promskid28:

E go hard for you to deliver o. Newbie? 25k? Corona? You’re setting yourself up bruh except you have buffer funds.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 10:50pm On Jul 03, 2020
davidtuzy:
I would love to start processing mine from monday.. Pls can someone mentor me on hw to go about my registration

Pls help a fellow new and intending pilot
( i wan follow my passion )

Lol @ PASSION grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by promskid28: 10:51pm On Jul 03, 2020
samobaba4u:

Since you are new in this line of business, I will advise you tell him to let you test the group for a week or two for 25k first by then you will know what is good for you either to continue or terminate the deal.
Note: You may not make much profit in the beginning.
You must also consider the terms and conditions before taking decisions.
Best of luck.

Thanks very much.
Maybe I should give it a try because I haven't seen another car, he's the only one I still see for now. And if it's doesn't work out, I will quit.

But one more thing pls, I haven't done lasdri, if I want to do it now, what will i take along to their office

(1) (2) (3) ... (2784) (2785) (2786) (2787) (2788) (2789) (2790) ... (5699) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.