Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3005) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4745338 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3002) (3003) (3004) (3005) (3006) (3007) (3008) ... (5690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2020
MrHeff:
lol make una no vex sey i dey ask multiple people. trying to get a general opinion so i can know what to tell my sponsor

I thought you have been answered grin

What's the question this time?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrHeff(m): 7:53pm On Sep 12, 2020
izzou:

I thought you have been answered grin

What's the question this time?
boss make I no lie. Na the choice of car dey worry me. My mind is tilting towards a 07-09 corolla on hire purchase but I'm wondering if it will be feasible, plus maintenance costs and all. Last thing I want is to be regretting or ruining my integrity in the eyes of my sponsor. My fear is that the 2003/2005 corolla might become scrap by the end of the tenure.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:57pm On Sep 12, 2020
MrHeff:
boss make I no lie. Na the choice of car dey worry me. My mind is tilting towards a 07-09 corolla on hire purchase but I'm wondering if it will be feasible, plus maintenance costs and all. Last thing I want is to be regretting or ruining my integrity in the eyes of my sponsor. My fear is that the 2003/2005 corolla might become scrap by the end of the tenure.

You really need to consider the principal and interest involved, and also the repayment period

An 09 corolla would definitely cost more, and take longer to complete the payment.

An 05 corolla would cost lesser and faster to repay.

So which of the devils would you stick with? angry

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrHeff(m): 8:11pm On Sep 12, 2020
izzou:

You really need to consider the principal and interest involved, and also the repayment period

An 09 corolla would definitely cost more, and take longer to complete the payment.

An 05 corolla would cost lesser and faster to repay.

So which of the devils would you stick with? angry
I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and stick with the 05.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:14pm On Sep 12, 2020
MrHeff:
I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and stick with the 05.

grin

That's good.

So what's the repayment plan like?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrHeff(m): 8:19pm On Sep 12, 2020
izzou:

grin

That's good.

we haven't discussed it yet. The sponsor actually is my sister. Told her I wanted to make findings first, then we'd talk specifics after. We'll talk about it tomorrow though.

Any advice on how much will be feasible to remit weekly and duration? Also the aim is to make some little change for myself on the side after fulfilling my official obligations. I'm not looking for a meal ticket and I want to earn the car with my own sweat.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 12, 2020
Who else noticed that this problem of the crvrider was solved by the so called Kazeems?

Suddenly, the so called big gods are coming to take glory. Gazzuz even said it will take him 5 minutes! I hear u sir.

Crvrider you must have learnt your lesson. This will show you that once money is not involved, you are on your own in this world.

I am only happy that the condemned Kazeems came to your aid. If you can be so kind, drop his number here. Many may need him because they are cheaper.

A very good Kazeem who is good at what he does can change four shocks for me at 5000. How many mechs can do it from this Nairaland? Go to first gate. Go to Ladipo and go to Akilo. You will see Yoruba and Igbo mechanics who are good at what they do. Their only supposed disadvantage is that they lack formal education which is not really necessary in auto works. Experience is the key! Most people who studied electrical engineering can't even do ordinary house wiring. But a well trained street electrician can do it in minutes.

While am not saying the mechs here are not good at what they do, I will not stand anybody condemning good Kazeems who are most times, far more better and experienced at what they do. All times too, they are cheaper.

Excellent Kazeems for me, anyday, anytime.

Crvrider, be aware too that you were billed 18k because the person that recommended him here has a share in that money. Maybe 10k or so.

So much for brotherhood.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 8:24pm On Sep 12, 2020
izzou:

grin

That's good.

Yeah MrHeff let's know

Modified

Known grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:24pm On Sep 12, 2020
MrHeff:
we haven't discussed it yet. The sponsor actually is my sister. Told her I wanted to make findings first, then we'd talk specifics after. We'll talk about it tomorrow though.

Any advice on how much will be feasible to remit weekly and duration? Also the aim is to make some little change for myself on the side after fulfilling my official obligations. I'm not looking for a meal ticket and I want to earn the car with my own sweat.

Relax bro....relax

How long do you anticipate to drive for you to own the car?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 8:26pm On Sep 12, 2020
MrHeff:

Go and do rental for minimum of 6months, understand the job first, then know if HP will be good for you.

2003-2007 Corolla/Honda or any other car model is not going away anytime soon, it will still be around for another 10years. If Nigeria economy is growing expect it to go away soon, but naira keep loosing value, b4 the end of 2023 Buhari will take dollar to 1000.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrHeff(m): 8:35pm On Sep 12, 2020
izzou:

Relax bro....relax

How long do you anticipate to drive for you to own the car?
two years maximum. A year and a half if I can help it. The sooner, the better for me. I know a year might be too short
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Judeopara(m): 8:38pm On Sep 12, 2020
grin grin >: grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lovelysexy: 8:43pm On Sep 12, 2020
Goodpm all,Pls I need someone who will convey me from Olugbade Street,Haruna bus stop,Ikorodu to Morgan Street,Itire close to LUTH,Idiaraba,Lagos tomorrow by 9am.Call this no 08033965418
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:47pm On Sep 12, 2020
MrHeff:
two years maximum. A year and a half if I can help it. The sooner, the better for me. I know a year might be too short

You'll need to work your ass off.

Do you think you can handle it?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrHeff(m): 8:54pm On Sep 12, 2020
izzou:

You'll need to work your ass off.

Do you think you can handle it?
I most definitely can. That is why I was asking for what to expect so I can zero my mind. Once I know, I can mentally prepare myself
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by damton(m): 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2020
Olayetan:
Pilots I get Samsung galaxy A30s for sale, very clean and working perfectly.

Quote me if you're interested...
how much
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2020
MrHeff:
I most definitely can. That is why I was asking for what to expect so I can zero my mind. Once I know, I can mentally prepare myself

HP is synonymous with rentals. The only difference is that you bear the cost of repairs and maintenance in HP

As a newbie, you'll struggle and make mistakes, but just be patient and learn fast. You'll be fine.

Remember, the reward is the car. So don't be discouraged if you pay your rent any week and you have nothing on you.

I don't know what the car will cost, so I can't advice how much rent is okay...

Just keep reading here. Keep learning about the job, road networks, ups and downs

You'll be fine smiley

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrHeff(m): 9:17pm On Sep 12, 2020
izzou:

HP is synonymous with rentals. The only difference is that you bear the cost of repairs and maintenance in HP

As a newbie, you'll struggle and make mistakes, but just be patient and learn fast. You'll be fine.

Remember, the reward is the car. So don't be discouraged if you pay your rent any week and you have nothing on you.

I don't know what the car will cost, so I can't advice how much rent is okay...

Just keep reading here. Keep learning about the job, road networks, ups and downs

You'll be fine smiley
this is very encouraging, thanks a whole lot.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:31pm On Sep 12, 2020
Lovelysexy:
Goodpm all,Pls I need someone who will convey me from Olugbade Street,Haruna bus stop,Ikorodu to Morgan Street,Itire close to LUTH,Idiaraba,Lagos tomorrow by 9am.Call this no 08033965418

Ur foto please...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 9:39pm On Sep 12, 2020
pope191:

Ur foto please...

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 9:46pm On Sep 12, 2020
MrHeff:

Have it at the back of your mind that living or driving in Lagos would test your mental toughness. It is not easy rara, because by the time Benefit boys grin (LASTMA/VIO/CBD & AGBERO) squeeze some money out of the meagre you're making, it will shake your resilience.
See my bro (Eyinola grin), benefit boys (Airport & LASTMA) wan wreck him pocket.
But inspite of this torments, you can still pull through, with God by your side and your street smartness on alert.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:48pm On Sep 12, 2020
[quote author=radautoworks post=93860504][/quote]

Is not like that, u know it's bus stop, it's important to identify d rider from far and as well know if she fine from far or far from fine.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:07pm On Sep 12, 2020
jpworld:

Go and do rental for minimum of 6months, understand the job first, then know if HP will be good for you.

2003-2007 Corolla/Honda or any other car model is not going away anytime soon, it will still be around for another 10years. If Nigeria economy is growing expect it to go away soon, but naira keep loosing value, b4 the end of 2023 Buhari will take dollar to 1000.

100% but I disagree with you in the 1000 Naira to a dollar projection.

Let him first take a rental just like you advice to master the hustle.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 11:58pm On Sep 12, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

Have it at the back of your mind that living or driving in Lagos would test your mental toughness. It is not easy rara, because by the time Benefit boys grin (LASTMA/VIO/CBD & AGBERO) squeeze some money out of the meagre you're making, it will shake your resilience.
See my bro (Eyinola grin), benefit boys (Airport & LASTMA) wan wreck him pocket.
But inspite of this torments, you can still pull through, with God by your side and your street smartness on alert.
grin grin God pass them
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 3:25am On Sep 13, 2020
IFSHR:

Abeg gimme him number

08096551676 his name is saheed. Find your way to oyingbo, Honda parts market and give him a call for direction. At first he won't strike you like someone who knows what he's doing, but truly the guy is grounded.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 3:32am On Sep 13, 2020
Felicity0001:

May God always direct us to those that has the solution to our problems

You can say that again brotherly. Funny thing was I was driving around looking for a good spot to park when I got to the end of one road and two little boys approached asking me what I wanted, uninterestingly I just said rewire that was when they called the guy.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 3:36am On Sep 13, 2020
nwizu042:

Boyfriend don slap receptionist, dem don beat the boyfriend sotay dem don drag am out. Baby de cry, boyfriend face don swell up finish (4 boys effect)
Broken tv, glass cups etc.
Dem de list am for am.
I am here till a trip comes in...
grin

What happened to "customer is always right"?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 3:40am On Sep 13, 2020
radautoworks:

Glad you got it solved. Trying to figure this out remotely was not going to work. I thought you would take advantage of the free diag

I think the problem started way after the offer. Didn't want to be a bother.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 3:58am On Sep 13, 2020
AngryIgboDon:

Crvrider, be aware too that you were billed 18k because the person that recommended him here has a share in that money. Maybe 10k or so.

So much for brotherhood.

You are quite right about this.

Anyways, I already dropped his number but there's not wrong in dropping it twice: oyingbo rewire 08096551676 (saheed)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 5:46am On Sep 13, 2020
MrHeff:
this is very encouraging, thanks a whole lot.

Ohh, and there's more smiley

Learn to understand how the Map works. You can start now. When you take a bike or a bus, use the map and see how it directs you

The app in itself is straightforward. The challenge in the job is mostly how to drive and survive here. So you need to be smart...very smart angry

Do not park anyhow in Lagos. If you aren't sure about anywhere, ask people around. Don't make U-turns anyhow...Be very observant. grin

Obey traffic laws, signs and lights even if it's 12 midnight. Remember, all traffic personnels are out there to eat you...So protect your pocket with all thy might

Do not drag lanes with other road users,...at least not all the time. Learn to protect your car from scratches. undecided

Learn to make friends with other drivers. Whenever you get to a gathering of the brethren, make friends. You'll be surprised how much you can learn from them in a short while cool

Also, when you go to your mechanic for a repair or anything, don't just drop the car and walk away. Observe what he's doing. With the right tools, you'll be able to repair that fault again and save money.

Learn to carry out minor repairs on your cars... little repairs like changing serpentine belt, brake pads can be done by you. Get the right spanners and you'll be fine. You can get spares of these items in your trunk.. Brake pads are about 1k to 2k... Serpentine belt is not up to 1k

Sincerely, you'll be fine...Above all, pray to God oh..Na only am fit help us smiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:28am On Sep 13, 2020
izzou:

Ohh, and there's more smiley

Learn to understand how the Map works. You can start now. When you take a bike or a bus, use the map and see how it directs you

The app in itself is straightforward. The challenge in the job is mostly how to drive and survive here. So you need to be smart...very smart angry

Do not park anyhow in Lagos. If you aren't sure about anywhere, ask people around. Don't make U-turns anyhow...Be very observant. grin

Obey traffic laws, signs and lights even if it's 12 midnight. Remember, all traffic personnels are out there to eat you...So protect your pocket with all thy might

Do not drag lanes with other road users,...at least not all the time. Learn to protect your car from scratches. undecided

Learn to make friends with other drivers. Whenever you get to a gathering of the brethren, make friends. You'll be surprised how much you can learn from them in a short while cool

Also, when you go to your mechanic for a repair or anything, don't just drop the car and walk away. Observe what he's doing. With the right tools, you'll be able to repair that fault again and save money.

Learn to carry out minor repairs on your cars... little repairs like changing serpentine belt, brake pads can be done by you. Get the right spanners and you'll be fine. You can get spares of these items in your trunk.. Brake pads are about 1k to 2k... Serpentine belt is not up to 1k

Sincerely, you'll be fine...Above all, pray to God oh..Na only am fit help us smiley

This would made a good 10 commandment but it's short of 1. gringrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:28am On Sep 13, 2020
Felicity0001:

This would made a good 10 commandment but it's short of 1. gringrin

Avoid ovens grin

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3002) (3003) (3004) (3005) (3006) (3007) (3008) ... (5690) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.