Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3006) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4744346 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3003) (3004) (3005) (3006) (3007) (3008) (3009) ... (5690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 7:49am On Sep 13, 2020
izzou:

Avoid ovens grin

In other words never mix business with pleasure.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:51am On Sep 13, 2020
izzou:

When a driver decides to discontinue a HP contract, it is not really a Win situation for the partner

Most drivers would prefer a Tokunboh for HP because it has not been abused yet. If a driver breaches his HP contract, who will take the car on HP again?

So most likely, the partner may begin to lose.

Anybody going into HP should be ready to faithful to the last. If you quit, you have left the partner in the middle of the sea.

With a befitting price, drivers will grab it in no time. HP doesn't have to be 3 million+ , if the previous driver has paid up to 1.5m out of the initial 3m+ , owner can spend out of it to put the car back in shape and put it back on HP at a price below 2m

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 7:54am On Sep 13, 2020
izzou:

Avoid ovens grin

Dont take this advice

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:04am On Sep 13, 2020
Babadee1900:
This people at Four Point Sheraton, I always find it funny when they request to see the bonnet grin

Meanwhile when you drive out of Four Point exit gate , don’t go right as if you are going back to the express.
They're just doing their job, they have to confirm that it's your engine you're driving out with

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:08am On Sep 13, 2020
mrjaydee:

Dont take this advice

Seconded! Impossibility is nothing, don't let people that can't, discourage you from that which you can. You've gat potentials, make use of it to the fullest. Pope191, 20.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:09am On Sep 13, 2020
deedee44:

They're just doing their job, they have to confirm that it's your engine you're driving out with

grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:13am On Sep 13, 2020
deedee44:

With a befitting price, drivers will grab it in no time. HP doesn't have to be 3 million+ , if the previous driver has paid up to 1.5m out of the initial 3m+ , owner can spend out of it to put the car back in shape and put it back on HP at a price below 2m

What if the previous driver had paid 250k? grin

You know how drivers are skeptical about taking a Naija used on HP
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:14am On Sep 13, 2020
mrjaydee:

Dont take this advice

grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 8:20am On Sep 13, 2020
izzou:

Avoid ovens grin

The "icing on the cake" na him you say make him avoid ?

BUT on a more serious note... MrHeff, try rental first to know weda you are built for this type of hustle or not.
I remember vividly before I joined the hustle, my calculation of the hustle was like 1+1 =2.
My expectations.... Pam Pam Pam... I go leave house so so time. Pam Pam Pam I go come back house so so time.
Pam Pam Pam I go make so so amount of money. Pam Pam Pam I go save so so amount of money.
I even told myself say, since nah inside ac I go dey drive always, I go fresh like newborn baby. After some months into the hustle, some riders begin ask me say "Is this really you? . You look lighter in your profile picture." Me go answer dem say nah the hustle Oo..

@MrHeff. There's nothing to lose by trying rentals first for few months.

18 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 8:21am On Sep 13, 2020
MrHeff:
two years maximum. A year and a half if I can help it. The sooner, the better for me. I know a year might be too short

Does it have to be a corolla, you could get a less expensive brand, it might also be a newer year at that. In my opinion, I think Corollas are overpriced.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by wale83: 8:29am On Sep 13, 2020
Yes
promskid28:
Please who knows where and how much they use to put tracker in a car

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:30am On Sep 13, 2020
Crvrider:

What happened to "customer is always right"?
At the end of the right, there's a left. This one got to the left grin

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:35am On Sep 13, 2020
izzou:

What if the previous driver had paid 250k? grin

You know how drivers are skeptical about taking a Naija used on HP
Car should still be in top condition then and still command high resale value. All in all it's business, a double edged sword

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 8:57am On Sep 13, 2020
confusedworld17:

BUT on a more serious note... MrHeff, try rental first to know weda you are built for this type of hustle or not.
I remember vividly before I joined the hustle, my calculation of the hustle was like 1+1 =2.
My expectations.... Pam Pam Pam... I go leave house so so time. Pam Pam Pam I go come back house so so time.
Pam Pam Pam I go make so so amount of money. Pam Pam Pam I go save so so amount of money.
I even told myself say, since nah inside ac I go dey drive always, I go fresh like newborn baby. After some months into the hustle, some riders begin ask me say "Is this really you? . You look lighter in your profile picture." Me go answer dem say nah the hustle Oo..

embarassed
A lady rider on Uber once asked me, that i m quite different from the pics on d profile...

Told her, its rigours of the job...

AC or not, Exposure to Consistent Lagos traffic n scorching sun will change you facially....

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blinking44: 9:01am On Sep 13, 2020
Felicity0001:

You may want to post more details for the deal to get a suitor easily and a contact as well

My contact is on my bio, .
Car was bought Toks 1.7
All documents collected,
The Car is very clean.
I'm giving it out for a reasonable price.,,
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 9:36am On Sep 13, 2020
Blinking44:

Car was bought Toks 1.7
All documents collected,
The Car is very clean.

No contact on your bio

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 10:03am On Sep 13, 2020
Blinking44:

Car was bought Toks 1.7
All documents collected,
The Car is very clean.
You can equally use the same energy you used to put the advert here to include your contact, instead of giving people assignment in finding x.
Beside the only contact i found in one of your post is wrong according to the person i sent it to. Kindly update

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slazim: 10:26am On Sep 13, 2020
I greet this noble house. I got a naija used big daddy camry for this hustle (bolt) a while ago and it came with many lights on it brake in particular. Yesterday evening i discovered the brake was not as responsive as it used to be, please asides scanning, does anyone here have any idea of what could be wrong with it, i definitely will have it checked tomorrow but i want atleast have some heads up. Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blinking44: 10:29am On Sep 13, 2020
IFSHR:

No contact on your bio

Zero eight one thirty eight 25 thirty seven zero zero.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 10:49am On Sep 13, 2020
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:54am On Sep 13, 2020
northbird:

embarassed
A lady rider on Uber once asked me, that i m quite different from the pics on d profile...

AC or not, Exposure to Consistent Lagos traffic n scorching sun will change you facially....

100% expect hallow cheeks, dark face, unless u r into whitening and weight loss... just eat fruits, take more water and eat good food when you can, also don't joke with your sleep time.

I heard someone here saying what of all the rest during lock down, I just smile... same way u can't save energy for sex, is same way u can't accumulate rest . The body needs rest at a certain point in time and it's necessary to obey nature in order to stay psycologically fit and mentally balance.

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abefeabebi(m): 11:26am On Sep 13, 2020
After picking a trip,i was yet to get to the destination but the rider called me to cancel the trip,so I cancelled it on accidental pick up,seems I was charged for it.please enlighten me on this
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 11:28am On Sep 13, 2020
Slazim:
I greet this noble house. I got a naija used big daddy camry for this hustle (bolt) a while ago and it came with many lights on it brake in particular. Yesterday evening i discovered the brake was not as responsive as it used to be, please asides scanning, does anyone here have any idea of what could be wrong with it, i definitely will have it checked tomorrow but i want atleast have some heads up. Thanks.

Basic troubleshooting.

Check the brake fluid level. If low, top up wt a trustworthy brand of fluid.

Physically inspect the brake pads, if it's worn out.

If yes, get a mech to replace it.

Continual use of worn out brake pads will damage your brake discs overtime....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 11:33am On Sep 13, 2020
abefeabebi:
After picking a trip,i was yet to get to the destination but the rider called me to cancel the trip,so I cancelled it on accidental pick up,seems I was charged for it.please enlighten me on this

Canceling a rider requests from your end shd b a last resort. Don't allow riders muscle you to keep canceling.

If a rider loses an account, it takes just a new sim to get a new acct.

For you, it mite take forever...

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 11:49am On Sep 13, 2020
northbird:

Canceling a rider requests from your end shd b a last resort. Don't allow riders muscle you to keep canceling.

If a rider loses an account, it takes just a new sim to get a new acct.

For you, it mite take forever...

I don't know why some riders will insist on the driver cancelling the request. Is it the drivers fault they requested a ride?
Funny

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrHeff(m): 11:53am On Sep 13, 2020
northbird:

embarassed

Wow!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrHeff(m): 11:54am On Sep 13, 2020
izzou:

Ohh, and there's more smiley

Learn to understand how the Map works. You can start now. When you take a bike or a bus, use the map and see how it directs you

The app in itself is straightforward. The challenge in the job is mostly how to drive and survive here. So you need to be smart...very smart angry

Do not park anyhow in Lagos. If you aren't sure about anywhere, ask people around. Don't make U-turns anyhow...Be very observant. grin

Obey traffic laws, signs and lights even if it's 12 midnight. Remember, all traffic personnels are out there to eat you...So protect your pocket with all thy might

Do not drag lanes with other road users,...at least not all the time. Learn to protect your car from scratches. undecided

Learn to make friends with other drivers. Whenever you get to a gathering of the brethren, make friends. You'll be surprised how much you can learn from them in a short while cool

Also, when you go to your mechanic for a repair or anything, don't just drop the car and walk away. Observe what he's doing. With the right tools, you'll be able to repair that fault again and save money.

Learn to carry out minor repairs on your cars... little repairs like changing serpentine belt, brake pads can be done by you. Get the right spanners and you'll be fine. You can get spares of these items in your trunk.. Brake pads are about 1k to 2k... Serpentine belt is not up to 1k

Sincerely, you'll be fine...Above all, pray to God oh..Na only am fit help us smiley
You are divine sent. Thanks a whole lot. I would be reaching out to you more when i start fully, if you wouldn't mind.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrHeff(m): 11:55am On Sep 13, 2020
Eizenburg:

Does it have to be a corolla, you could get a less expensive brand, it might also be a newer year at that. In my opinion, I think Corollas are overpriced.

What car make and model can you recommend boss?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrHeff(m): 11:56am On Sep 13, 2020
confusedworld17:

Thanks a lot. But which one is ovens ooo. Genuinely lost as to that slang lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 11:58am On Sep 13, 2020
damton:

how much

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 12:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
Oya Pope191 come finish your tutorial ọ!
MrHeff:
Thanks a lot. But which one is ovens ooo. Genuinely lost as to that slang lol

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 12:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
izzou:

Avoid ovens grin
Haha haha.... Yes oooh... Very key.

Oven lightning can cause a lot of set back both physically and spiritually.

Only a spirit minded can understand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3003) (3004) (3005) (3006) (3007) (3008) (3009) ... (5690) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Jubreal007, Omoapena(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.