Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4742610 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3355) (3356) (3357) (3358) (3359) (3360) (3361) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:51am On Jan 26, 2021
Felicity0001:

Pope it not d same person, look at the line above upper lip-below the nose well the different is clear.

I suggest the driver in question should come here and explain very well to this honorable house.

My blood don dey hot already to do some collateral damage on the lady.

Kk boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lilachiever(m): 6:17am On Jan 26, 2021
?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 6:20am On Jan 26, 2021
I saw she was online this morning so I decided to say good morning to this hoodlum rider.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 6:33am On Jan 26, 2021
Her call is connecting and she isn't even replying her WhatsApp messages that's a red flag she might be guilty of what she was accused of.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:36am On Jan 26, 2021
Crvrider:
I saw she was online this morning so I decided to say good morning to this hoodlum rider.

I don't think buzzing her online will have more effect like carrying out intensive search on her profile, she may end up dropping that line, her crime is heinous and she will do whatever to cover her tracks.

NPF can trace her and if the driver have the phone details, make the work easier. This lady I'm seeing here is shameless and u can't shame the shameless, unless force is applied. Let's think as twice as her, if she damage her sim, what's next?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:40am On Jan 26, 2021
IFSHR:
Her call is connecting and she isn't even replying her WhatsApp messages that's a red flag she might be guilty of what she was accused of.

Grown pass thinking she's guilty, if she's not? at least she should have granted audience or appeal to sense of reasoning. I truly wish we all can put more effort on this, injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 6:43am On Jan 26, 2021
pope191:

I don't think buzzing her online will have more effect like carrying out intensive search on her profile, she may end up dropping that line, her crime is heinous and she will do whatever to cover her tracks.

NPF can trace her and if the driver have the phone details, make the work easier. This lady I'm seeing here is shameless and u can't shame the shameless, unless force is applied. Let's think as twice as her, if she damage her sim, what's next?

I will modify my last post...she replied me and now and currently chatting with me...I will post her own story.

She said what she owe the guy is just 400

I will modify and post her responses.

Image 1: chat between the guy and the girl

Image 2: chat response from the driver to one of the lady's family who contacted him

According to her claims.....she said the anger the guy had for her for taking such step is because the guy wanted her to pay part of the fine from CBD people.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Monacokyle: 6:45am On Jan 26, 2021
kanuisagoat:

This idea of waiting at a place till you get another ride for some reasons has never worked for me. Infact, I only did that during my first two weeks on ehailing and I quickly realised I made more money moving around smartly than just staying in one place. Yes, I used just a little more fuel but I made more money.

Once I drop off a rider, I wait 5-10 minutes then i'll move towards the nearest place where I know I'm most likely going to get another ride.

When I see people say they've been waiting at one place for 3 hours no request I want to smh but then I quickly remember that every one has what works for them. Driving around works quite well for me.

You may want to read about hypermiling. Thats the technique I use when driving without a rider.

PS:
I am not recommending driving around to anyone because you may end up wasting fuel if you're not smart and you don't know the exact places to target.

Good morning sir
Please what do you mean by hypermilling?
And how do you likely spot a one way drive in Lagos
I am not too used to Lagos roads
Your reply would be appreciated
Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CodedTobx(m): 6:54am On Jan 26, 2021
Morning guys. I tried slide online this morning and this what prompted. What could be the cause and does it mean?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 6:58am On Jan 26, 2021
CodedTobx:
Morning guys. I tried slide online this morning and this what prompted. What could be the cause and does it mean?

You need to reinspect your car, the last one probably expired
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CodedTobx(m): 7:11am On Jan 26, 2021
Ooh okay. Thanks. Any inspection center around Mainland pls ?

IFSHR:

You need to reinspect your car, the last one probably expired
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:19am On Jan 26, 2021
Monacokyle:

Good morning sir
Thanks

You just have to be more careful at some places like Yaba. Watch the way vehicles are parked before you enter any street and the direction vehicles are moving. Ask your rider if you're not too sure. Also, in my experience(I may be wrong, its only my 4th month on ehailing) Google map will not take you through a one way route.

As for hypemiling, its a driving technique aimed at reducing fuel economy to the barest minimum. You can read up on Google.

And for some reasons I don't know, most ladies are always in a hurry. Someone is always somewhere waiting for them, disturbing them with calls asking where they are.

So when you're with those kind of riders forget about hypermilling else you won't last one week on bolt.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:26am On Jan 26, 2021
dru23:

Me I avoid them based on the following...

2. The ones that believe using water instead of coolant.

4. The 20w50 oil crew.. The ones that will tell you it is ok to use as long as you change oil every 2k to 3K miles .

8. The ones that will drawn you a graph of ambient tempt . and explain to you that W stands for winter . And we have no winter in Nigeria and there is no need to use the recommended 5w30 .. That 15w30 is what we should be using grin

There are some things that we overhype when it comes to car maintenance. This one no be say dem say, it's my experience of almost 3 years and counting.

I said it here almost 3 years ago. I've been using 20w50 because my engine was already burning oil when I bought it so I switched to the cheapest good oil and save up oil money to get another engine, sharlu for that matter for close to 3 years, my engine is still quiet and going strong. I travel almost 2 to 3 times every week on a norms. I just make sure I change as at when due

I've been using water too, I'm not saying coolant is not good but it's not like if you use water heaven will fall.

See how much I would have lost if I have been using mobil 1, topping up with 1 ltr 1000 miles or less. I've done over 100,000 miles now and engine has not died, I've saved on oil more than I would use to buy another engine grin

So this thing is just to apply common sense, and not to follow every instructions blindly.

25 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:32am On Jan 26, 2021
Crvrider:

I guess its different strokes for different folks. Staying put has always been my mode of operation and it works well for me.
I stay put too. On indriver the proximity is way wider than that of bolt. Some riders even overlook drivers that are few minutes away and pick one that is faraway because they're not ready. It has happened to me before several times so it's not always by being the closest to a request

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 7:33am On Jan 26, 2021

The more you know about the vehicle the safer you will be. Run a VIN check and verify critical facts you need to buy a used car with confidence. Check the title status, previous odometer readings and the current market of the vehicle. Do as many checks as possible to ensure you are getting a legitimate offer.

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

WhatsApp. 08060365068

Call/Sms/WhatsApp 08060365068

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da

Confirm the authenticity Of Your Documents

Get your documents verified and avoid embarrassment

Contact us on Whats-app now . 08060365068
cool..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:40am On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

I stay put too. On indriver the proximity is way wider than that of bolt. Some riders even overlook drivers that are few minutes away and pick one that is faraway because they're not ready. It has happened to me before several times so it's not always by being the closest to a request

True. I've had a rider cancel three times and each time she makes another request, it kept coming back to me.

Eventually she left it the fourth time. When we got to her destination, I asked if she does not like using corolla because I noticed she cancelled thrice before she left the fourth.

She said she wasn't yet ready and I was less than a minute away from her. She needed someone who was a little bit far away. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 7:40am On Jan 26, 2021
CodedTobx:
Ooh okay. Thanks. Any inspection center around Mainland pls ?

Visit autogenius inspection centre website, so you can check the one closest to you.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 8:31am On Jan 26, 2021
IFSHR:

I will modify my last post...she replied me and now and currently chatting with me...I will post her own story.

Image 2: chat response from the driver to one of the lady's family who contacted him

According to her claims.....she said the anger the guy had for her for taking such step is because the guy wanted her to pay part of the fine from CBD people.

If what I'm reading here is true, then the bolt guy need to be locked up for trying to defame an innocent rider for his own carelessness.
I think we need to be hearing from both sides of the story now before dragging any culprit.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 8:46am On Jan 26, 2021
If a is danfo driver arrested and fined by either Vio or lastma. Every passengers will alight from the bus sharp sharp even requesting for fare refund, leaving the danfo driver to his faith to sort himself out.
But simply because we have rider's contact doesn't make her to share part of the fine with us. Nonsense

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fluid11: 8:47am On Jan 26, 2021
Good morning all,

Please I'll like to ask an urgent question. How much is advisable to take up a Toyota corolla on rental now?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sammyclarinet(m): 8:52am On Jan 26, 2021
kanuisagoat:

You just have to be more careful at some places like Yaba. Watch the way vehicles are parked before you enter any street and the direction vehicles are moving. Ask your rider if you're not too sure. Also, in my experience(I may be wrong, its only my 4th month on ehailing) Google map will not take you through a one way route.

As for hypemiling, its a driving technique aimed at reducing fuel economy to the barest minimum. You can read up on Google.

And for some reasons I don't know, most ladies are always in a hurry. Someone is always somewhere waiting for them, disturbing them with calls asking where they are.

So when you're with those kind of riders forget about hypermilling else you won't last one week on bolt.

Don't be too confident about Google map oooooo...it would take you thru one way in Shomolu area oooo...and it does that with confidence;just don't know why.So,the best option still remains:paying careful attention to the direction of the vehicles at the junction as well as analysing the way vehicles are parked.

As for burning fuel around:study the environment where you park.As you drive each day,study locations where riders come out in the morning,such as estates and residential areas and study where rides are needed to pick up students from schools in the afternoon...then move away from traffic jammed areas in the evenings so you can cover more spaces and maximize everything.....

#justfrommypersonalexperiences

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 8:56am On Jan 26, 2021
Monacokyle:

Good morning sir
Thanks

Henceforth, keep your eyes open.... Watch out for erected poles, anything standing on the road ....

It still beats me how some drivers enter the one way @ ICM, and the No U turn @ Governor's road. I mean, this is big enough now. grin

Some are faded/ inconspicuous .. E.g the one at barlikisiyu Iyede road.. Harvey road that connects to Unilag ( the one way signage looks like a piece of Maggi cube on a Plate of rice)

Look further ahead when driving.... On ehailng, you must develop ur sixth sense... Esp. when you are on the mainland.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 9:11am On Jan 26, 2021
shollywendy1:
If a danfo driver arrested and fined by either Vio or lastma. Every passengers will alight from the bus sharp sharp even requesting for fare refund, leaving the danfo driver to his faith to sort himself out.
But simply because we have rider's doesn't make her to share part of the fine with us. Nonsense

Once U re driving and any traffic rule(s) is(are) disobeyed, d offender is always d driver and not d passenger.

E.g, U re putting on a seatbelt as a driver and ur rider is not using his/her own if Road safety shud stop you, d driver will be charged.

But seriously issues like dis I always listen to two sides of the story b4 engaging or calling.

For the record I have helped people to call or message more Dan 12 peeps on money related issues on dis thread.

Let's thread carefully

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:13am On Jan 26, 2021
davit:
Hello Pilots,
This woman here named Ayoola Abimbola just stole a driver’s iPhone 6s and 7500 from his safe, I was driving past when I saw the driver begging CBD guys on Obafemi Awolowo way, Ikeja. He was arrested for parking in front of NSCDC, because I felt pity for him I drove and parked at Assbifi rd then came back to know what his offense was, the woman ordered him to NSCDC office n asked him to park n wait while waiting for her person, just there the CBD guys came n arrested the driver for parking on the road, while the driver was out begging them this woman still inside d car took his big phone and 7500 from his safe and disappeared, thank God d driver called her with his small phone, she didn’t even pay for her ride of 2,300 now she has blocked his line and even my own line and the driver is being charged to pay 20k...

Pls help me call her to at least return his phone and pay his money...

Here’s her line
09042965854 Ayoola Abimbola

Thanks Guys

She is busy blocking calls to her

Na her face be that

Copied

Tot u wrote this boss...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:22am On Jan 26, 2021
IFSHR:

Shame on d driver, he need to check his mental state, I truly hope he pay for this.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:56am On Jan 26, 2021
The girl is a hardened criminal. You need to see other chats on Facebook.
shollywendy1:

If what I'm reading here is true, then the bolt guy need to be locked up for trying to defame an innocent rider for his own carelessness.
I think we need to be hearing from both sides of the story now before dragging any culprit.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:58am On Jan 26, 2021
No my able Pope. I just belive injustice to any driver in this biz, is injustice to others. I ve been following the case on Facebook since it started. The girl is just using the police station report story to defend herself.
pope191:

Tot u wrote this boss...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:00am On Jan 26, 2021
Yes o. Na so one idiot woman expected me to make illegal u turn at Fagba the other day even before enforcement officers. I told her not possible. She said she turns there herself. As I no listen to her, she knack me 1 star akpako. I no send o.
sharpk007:

Once U re driving and any traffic rule(s) is(are) disobeyed, d offender is always d driver and not d passenger.

E.g, U re putting on a seatbelt as a driver and ur rider is not using his/her own if Road safety shud stop you, d driver will be charged.

But seriously issues like dis I always listen to two sides of the story b4 engaging or calling.

For the record I have helped people to call or message more Dan 12 peeps on money related issues on dis thread.

Let's thread carefully

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by suco01(m): 11:08am On Jan 26, 2021
IFSHR:

I am not understanding this anymore, no conversation on big phone and money they claim she took. Both Accuser and defendant writeup doesn't correlate

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Idaytesj29(m): 11:11am On Jan 26, 2021
Idaytesj29:
Hello good people, I am about to start Uber business, I will own my car and drive it personally. I am looking at getting 2011 Hyundai Elantra for it and relocate to Lagos for the business.

My question is

Is my intended car and year okay for uber? Cos I am not a Toyota person, infact I don't like popular brand, I currently cruise a Peugeot.

Secondly, as someone very new to Lagos, not totally cos I did my masters in Unilag, will I be able to get by finding the riders destinations?

Thank you

Can somebody say something? Bypassing my post like this not fair oooo. Biko ooo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 11:14am On Jan 26, 2021
CryptoClub2018:
HELLO GUYS, PLEASE I PICKED A GUY FROM MAGODO AND DROPPED AT LEKKI FACE ONE. THE GUY FEE IS #3600 AND HE MADE A TRANSFER TO MY ACCOUNT ONLY FOR ME TO FIND OUT LATER THAT IT IS A FAKE TRANSFER. I HAVE BEEN CALLING HIS LINE BUT HE PUTS ALL CALLS ON DIVERT. YOU ALL CAN GET HIM ON WHATSAPP AND THIS IS THE GUY NUMBER 08188889880. PLEASW HELP ME SHOW HIM LOVE FOR ATLEAST TWO WEEKS. THE GUY IS A THIEF

I feel your plight but sorry, this thread rally round its members more . You people will not contribute to a post nor offer empathy in time of despair but anytime you lots fall victim to a rider's mischief, they will run here looking for help.
That is how the other one came here to outsmart honourable members of this thread to win a car scanner, ever since then, he's no where to be found.

17 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 11:17am On Jan 26, 2021
Baggon3:
We are looking for an investor that will like to invest in truck business, like 15 tons, 20 tons, 30 tons upward. In a hire purchase agreement. Investors[b] don't need to worry but be expectance of his/her investment income. Within 12 to 18 months. [/b]Both capital and interest will be paid.
08099430585, or email us. baggon3@yahoo.com.

It's easier said than done. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (3355) (3356) (3357) (3358) (3359) (3360) (3361) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.