Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,108 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4730990 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3430) (3431) (3432) (3433) (3434) (3435) (3436) ... (5688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bammzzie(m): 5:17pm On Feb 16, 2021
izzou:

I like to move early in the mornings and very late at night.

I don't know why

I need to get married, so my wife would stop me from it grin
This is so meee cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:18pm On Feb 16, 2021
izzou:

undecided

All I c here is you beating your shadowgrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bammzzie(m): 5:18pm On Feb 16, 2021
Gentlelife50:

But the stations selling on the island are all selling normal price, just that there is Quee
Wahala for us wey no dey buy full tank sad

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bammzzie(m): 5:21pm On Feb 16, 2021
For those on mainland, there's fuel at AP (local airport) and they are selling it at normal price with no queue.... Also at d 2nd conoil filling station at National bus stop.... I just bought full tank, I'm going home nw to prepare for tomorrow..m
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iamkingzlee(m): 5:22pm On Feb 16, 2021
BAZ001:
Guys VIO and Police with white caps dey everywhere for mainland. Yaba, Surulere and costain.
Doing stop and search, if your papers no complete stay away from mainland.
Police stopped me.
Officer : how was ur day ?
Me : fine (trying to bring papers)
Officer: I no ask for papers, pls bless me
Me: Oga Abeg check paper pls
Officer: no ur papers are complete just give me something.
Me: pls check paper make I no give u anything.
Officer: No Abeg bless me no papers
I had to give him money and move. But e pain me cos d day wey I go dey in a hurry dem go begin waste my time. Today wey I dey bored dem no gree check. Surge dey lere but rain self dey
Lmao
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:30pm On Feb 16, 2021
pope191:

That's my Disney land boss

Country love
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:42pm On Feb 16, 2021
sunnp:
Sir its only when d gauge go up n down then it will slow car down and rise up like misfire

Your gear may be a culprit... Many other things can cause this. That's why u have to scan d car first to eliminate trial n error work.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:24pm On Feb 16, 2021
Bammzzie:

Wahala for us wey no dey buy full tank sad
As in I dey tell you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dav1002(m): 7:33pm On Feb 16, 2021
Felicity001:

Na u sabi
Na u get your mouth
Talk as you want
Me I'm moving "higher higher"

See angryibodon now is coming out to give advice from his failure, I just look at him and laugh. grin

He probably may have lost it all these years of driving.

See this racket enh any man that don't have discipline, not just in saving now ooh but in all aspect, such a man will never make it in life. if you like travel abroad or get all the contracts in Nigeria only discipline will make you prosperous aside God.

I can't count the numbers of times all those Lekki runs girls we normally drop of on Saturdays morning at their cubicles have pretended to be drunk by calling me baby, come let's go inside na, come spend some time inside na, I've a drink to share with you but it inside and all sorts, but me i know its part of their professional tricks to sell out their market to naive drivers and then let go of their 4k,3k, 5k and more.

In my mind I'll say, that your p***y wey one guy don scatter finish, abi d one you do last night never reach?

A guy saw me driving out after dropping off two of them one morning and he stopped me and was like, ha! Baba you quick ooh and I was like, quick how na? He said, "all d uber drivers that have brought those girls home have spent nothing short of 45min/1hr b4 driving out". I just laughed and drove off. I know pope191, tojah and mrmaydee can relate grin

So you see? These are some of the reason to why many Uber drivers failed that even after driving for many years yet they can't point out a single achievement.

This Will be I'll say my 8-10months of active driving and I can boost of at least something from the job, take for an instance I was able to renew my 3bed apartment in Abule Egba Jibowu(Beckley) and also pay my bills and take care of my family well. If you think houses are cheap in this side of Lagos i just mentioned just ask ogataxi I think he's into real estate now he would tell you. I get all these money from the job and even I'm on rental and I can beat my chest I've never defaulted in my rental fee not for a day let alone a week. You can ask dru23 who is an active member here.

All of these from rental how much more I'd have my own car, I believe myself and my whole trust in God that I would have also been an associate One of here who showed us his house which is in the last stage of completion, a product of the hustle.

How about those that have travelled out of the country courtesy to the hustle as well. Many have saved money and moved out of their parents houses to become fathers, many further their education all with the income from this hustle.

I can go on and oh... The list will never be complete.

So I see no sense in how some persons would just sit back and after several months of coming back to the thread all he (angryibodon) has to advice is people should quite the driving hustle as if he has a contract or a better offer for them. Oya na since I listed the things I can do comfortably to him I've never seen a DM or are you expecting me to still DM you after I've tild you what and what I can do? Nbanu!

Oooh! I get it now, let's quite to create a mad surge so he and his village brothers will cash out in a week to buy a new corolla since his current car is dead. This guy you're smart.

Sense will not kill you @felicity001
Him wan create surge for his village brothers noni lmao
You av a point tho
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Paparaxo(m): 8:01pm On Feb 16, 2021
Felicity001:

Na u sabi
Na u get your mouth
Talk as you want

See angryibodon now is coming out to give advice from his failure, I just look at him and laugh. grin

See this racket enh any man that don't have discipline, not just in saving now ooh but in all aspect, such a man will never make it in life. if you like travel abroad or get all the contracts in Nigeria only discipline will make you prosperous aside God.

I can't count the numbers of times all those Lekki runs girls we normally drop of on Saturdays morning at their cubicles have pretended to be drunk by calling me baby, come let's go inside na, come spend some time inside na, I've a drink to share with you but it inside and all sorts, but me i know its part of their professional tricks to sell out their market to naive drivers and then let go of their 4k,3k, 5k and more.

In my mind I'll say, that your p***y wey one guy don scatter finish, abi d one you do last night never reach?

A guy saw me driving out after dropping off two of them one morning and he stopped me and was like, ha! Baba you quick ooh and I was like, quick how na? He said, "all d uber drivers that have brought those girls home have spent nothing short of 45min/1hr b4 driving out". I just laughed and drove off. I know pope191, tojah and mrmaydee can relate grin

So you see? These are some of the reason to why many Uber drivers failed that even after driving for many years yet they can't point out a single achievement.

This Will be I'll say my 8-10months of active driving and I can boost of at least something from the job, take for an instance I was able to renew my 3bed apartment in Abule Egba Jibowu(Beckley) and also pay my bills and take care of my family well. If you think houses are cheap in this side of Lagos i just mentioned just ask ogataxi I think he's into real estate now he would tell you. I get all these money from the job and even I'm on rental and I can beat my chest I've never defaulted in my rental fee not for a day let alone a week. You can ask dru23 who is an active member here.

All of these from rental how much more I'd have my own car, I believe myself and my whole trust in God that I would have also been an associate One of here who showed us his house which is in the last stage of completion, a product of the hustle.

How about those that have travelled out of the country courtesy to the hustle as well. Many have saved money and moved out of their parents houses to become fathers, many further their education all with the income from this hustle.

So I see no sense in how some persons would just sit back and after several months of coming back to the thread all he (angryibodon) has to advice is people should quite the driving hustle as if he has a contract or a better offer for them. Oya na since I listed the things I can do comfortably to him I've never seen a DM or are you expecting me to still DM you after I've tild you what and what I can do? Nbanu!

Oooh! I get it now, let's quite to create a mad surge so he and his village brothers will cash out in a week to buy a new corolla since his current car is dead. This guy you're smart.

Too much sense.. Respect boss�
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frubben(m): 8:40pm On Feb 16, 2021
Felicity001:

Na u sabi
Na u get your mouth
Talk as you want

well said at last paragraph, I read it and I just smile, him just come online bash driver left, right and centre, without any way forward . nice write up
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sunnp(m): 8:41pm On Feb 16, 2021
Thanks

Pearl1910:

Your gear may be a culprit... Many other things can cause this. That's why u have to scan d car first to eliminate trial n error work.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:53pm On Feb 16, 2021
Felicity001:

Na u sabi
Na u get your mouth
Talk as you want

Lori iro

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:54pm On Feb 16, 2021
Pearl1910:

Country love

No lies boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kala111: 9:28pm On Feb 16, 2021
sunnp:
Sir its only when d gauge go up n down then it will slow car down and rise up like misfire

It could be the Range Switch.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 9:55pm On Feb 16, 2021
sunnp:

Bro run a scan
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:36pm On Feb 16, 2021
https://m.guardian.ng/news/lagos-auctions-forfeited-vehicles
-sells-toyota-corolla-for-n6-5m/

Brethren, let's be careful n not break traffic laws esp One way. No matter the pressure from the rider. There's always another day. Don't slaughter the Golden goose.

I suspect that car belongs to Moove. It's their trademark color coupled wt d number plate.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 6:32am On Feb 17, 2021
Good morning all, all d best today
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:51am On Feb 17, 2021
lagusboyyy:
SMILES!

I always think about it, anything few individuals is successful with, and naija people eye reach am, they always over saturate and slowly kill it off, no wonder most successful individuals, don't like to reveal their success formula.

Business naija people successfully over saturate:

Pure water business

Catering

Event planning

Private schools

E-hailing

P. O. S business

HipHop genre ( both talented and numerous untalented )

Yahoo Yahoo

Na wa o!

This is 1 area that success rate of the business is low ..not an easy business.. As much as people are going in many more pulling out ... This business is not for the faint of heart .....there are more dead cars than good cars out there.. Business is not saturated at all

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:59am On Feb 17, 2021
Slickleo:
Good morning all, all d best today

Top of the morning to u my son..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:22am On Feb 17, 2021
Felicity001:

Na u sabi
Na u get your mouth
Talk as you want

He has a point Felicity. Yes, ehailing will put food on the table, you will be able to cater for your immediate needs and provide for your family but there are people who want more than this from life.

People who drive the E350s, AMGs and the Lx470s don't have two heads. Yes, some might be making the money illegitimately but many others are also making legit money. You say you have paid your 3 bedroom flat in Abule Egba but many others have also bought duplexes in Lekki.

In this same country, there are people who have collected upfront of 4m naira from their employers this January alone. That is the kind of money some people want to to have and the life they aspire to live and you'll agree with me ehailing is never going to give you that.

Let me give you this homework. Look at the screenshot someone posted. He drove 197mins to gross 5200. How many minutes will he drive to buy a 2010-2012 E350 that sells at 5m naira grin

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 7:29am On Feb 17, 2021
pope191:

Lori iro
grin. Angryigbodon said the naked truth. Taxi work no be better work especially this ehailing thing. Its just a means to end. I pray we don't waste our productive years on this thing

“What the elders see while sitting, the young ones standing on their toes won't see.”. The likes of Nitigritti, izzou and co knows better.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 7:38am On Feb 17, 2021
kanuisagoat:

He has a point Felicity. Yes, ehailing will put food on the table, you will be able to cater for you immediate needs and provide for you family but there are people who want more than this from life.

People who drive the E350s, AMGs and the Lx470s don't have two heads. Yes, some might be making the money illegitimately but many others are also making legit money. You say you have paid your 3 bedroom flat in Abule Egba but many others have also bought duplexes in Lekki.

In this same country, there are people who have collected upfront of 4m naira from their employers this January alone. That is the kind of money some people want to to have and the life they aspire to live and you'll agree with me ehailing is never going to give you that.

Let me give you this homework. Look at the screenshot someone posted. He drove 197mins to gross 5200. How many minutes will he drive to buy a 2010-2012 E350 that sells at 5m naira grin

Wa gbayi. Speak on bro

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 7:47am On Feb 17, 2021

The more you know about the vehicle the safer you will be. Run a VIN check and verify critical facts you need to buy a used car with confidence. Check the title status, previous odometer readings and the current market of the vehicle. Do as many checks as possible to ensure you are getting a legitimate offer.

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

WhatsApp. 08060365068

Call/Sms/WhatsApp 08060365068

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da

Confirm the authenticity Of Your Documents.

Get your documents verified and avoid embarrassment

Contact us on Whats-app now . 08060365068
cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duplik8t77(m): 7:55am On Feb 17, 2021
northbird:
https://m.guardian.ng/news/lagos-auctions-forfeited-vehicles
-sells-toyota-corolla-for-n6-5m/

Brethren, let's be careful n not break traffic laws esp One way. No matter the pressure from the rider. There's always another day. Don't slaughter the Golden goose.

I suspect that car belongs to Moove. It's their trademark color coupled wt d number plate.
bro Pls how can one get a car on movie wgat are the requirements? I need a car on rental. morning sirs
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:02am On Feb 17, 2021
kanuisagoat:

He has a point Felicity. Yes, ehailing will put food on the table, you will be able to cater for you immediate needs and provide for you family but there are people who want more than this from life.

Life comes in stages... Angryiboman is just saying rubbish if he cant apply what he is preaching about to his own life.....

What a lot in Nigeria and Nigerians youths in general is laziness .. You guys want the easy way . it takes discipline to achieve anything in life regardless of your choose profession.. Unfortunately Nigerians don't have that .......

That been said . ehalling can be a stepping stone to acquire those riches you talk about.. U have to start someone and take steps.. An uber driver can go from being a driver to car owner ..

Some drivers were able to transition from driver to car owners .. Some have two cars and still drive for other people.. Now if you can't succeed in these business as driver and transition to car owner and you have goals to make it big or drive big cars etc .. You are just dreaming and wasting time .. Pray to God all day u want , nothing will happen u have to put in the work and with a little bit of luck and prayer u achieve your goal ......

I will use my new driver as an example .. This driver as set aside 1.2m naira to buy a car . he wants to buy a matrix .. That money saved up is from driving uber and other things..

This is a family man with kids , now tell does he have two heads no be the same job that you guys are doing ? The guy delivers 25k rental vs 30k rental that people are collecting .. So he is making use of the opportunities that I have given , same chances I have given others and they have misuse it .... By the end of this year that driver will be able to buy his own car .. And chances are he is going to ask me to help him buy it .. And I won't charge anything for it .... This driver is one of the hardest working driver I ever meet .. Never complains and he delivers on time ... This guy will go places with his work ethic .........

So guys that are dreaming big etc .. U better have a plan and have good work ethic .. Failure to do so u are wasting your time and deceiving urself......

Ps.. I know I will get a lot of backlash like it is easy to give motivational speeches when it favors u etc ... That is the excuse u people give...in life u have to create your own opportunities , which can lead to u giving motivational speeches ... Everyman for himself nobody will hold ur hands on the path to success.....

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:03am On Feb 17, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Dont get me wrong bro I didn't down talk his post, yes, ehailing can only provide your basis need like clothing, feeding, house rent and the rest of that but it still doesn't clear rhe fact that with dedication and discipline one can still build a career, save up to buy a land and even build or save up to venture into another business.

Like You rugjtly mentioned, people bought houses and land in Lekki and collected 4m upfront from employer, yes! But how many people have that opportunity to secure such a job/contract that will give them such remuneration? You're a graduate I guess, right? If you have a job that pays N250k or above do you think you'll be driving 197km for 5.9k? Where are d jobs? Where r d opportunities? In the absence of all of this in the country so why then tell a man who has no other means of livelihood to quite driving simply because just little comes from it? He should go steal abi?

Please provide a better alternative source of income for me and see I remove the plug here now now.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Weightless: 8:07am On Feb 17, 2021
kanuisagoat:

You head is there, Ehailing business will just make you remain on a round table goin in circle till you get dizzy and fall but if you have side business with ehailing then it make more sense but some people have also have found favour from it by meeting the right people so it is 50/50 but all heads are not the same, I actual prefer it that goin to one office doin yes sir nd at the end of the month no salary but stories, ehailing my faith is in my hands

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lagusboyyy(m): 8:18am On Feb 17, 2021
dru23:

This is 1 area that success rate of the business is low ..not an easy business.. As much as people are going in many more pulling out ... This business is not for the faint of heart .....there are more dead cars than good cars out there.. Business is not saturated at all
But certainly not lucrative like before.

Obviously saturated.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 8:24am On Feb 17, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Ehailing as a hustle is a cash cow... Best for those with their own cars....pay urself 3k per day and at the end of the year, you will be having a million plus...

Get a land in a very low cost area....250k....Travel north and buy baby cow, groom and sell when robust.

You can be earning 1m monthly and still be a poor man on the long run, financial education is key..

Ehailing is a good hustle, ensure you pay yourself daily. Diversify your savings into sustainable business.

Little business you can build from savings from ehailing

1. Car wash
2. Chains of POS outlet.
3. Logistics. (Start small)
4. Agricultural produce (start small)
5. Buy okada for HP delivery

So many more

With 500k you can start any of the above....

Pay yourself 3k per day and that is 90k per month...in 5 month.....you have 450k to invest.

Start small and grow it

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:26am On Feb 17, 2021
chucsmoore:
grin. Angryigbodon said the naked truth. Taxi work no be better work especially this ehailing thing. Its just a means to end. I pray we don't waste our productive years on this thing

I remember when we had this discussion some years back. It led to a lot of arguements then.

I know a driver on this thread (at least met here). He stopped ehailing, founded a little start-up that was for procurements and supply. Today he's happier than he was. One week, he made 200k and he told me about it. I wonder how many trips he would drive to save that in one week. He still drives, but it's now a side hustle, not a full one

A lot of us here have bright minds. I still insist that circumstances of life brought us to the steering.

Ehailing is not bad. I encourage people who need a means of income and survival to join.

But as long as your dream as a child wasn't to be a taxi driver, please start having an exit plan

That 20k you are saving in a week, people are making it in a day with lesser stress. They don't have two heads.

I pray we all meet at the top

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:35am On Feb 17, 2021
chucsmoore:

“What the elders see while sitting, the young ones standing on their toes won't see.”. The likes of Nitigritti, izzou and co knows better.

Boss me I don't like bringing family matter to public space as much as I love everyone here and pray life doesnt waste us. I have my concerns and as well understand much, but choose Jonzing, cos inbetween it helps me see reality. I remember when I was talking about this and Oga Dru said one needs to crawl before walking, that's just the truth, life is in phase and I'm a strong fan of saving your best for the last. If I feel bad over anything, is the fact that I am struggle to complete that tots of Japa, but wot can I do, this country is hopeless, I was going thro Eldee tweet yesterday and the reason why he left naija, lots of those guys that can at least arrange 3 badroom in a good estate haff made up their mind. This ain't about greener pasture, but sanity of the mind, standard the children deserves... Everything is wrong about this country and don't let anyone tell you different, when they have their wards out dia. My own concern starts at this point, a friend of my that works at PWC had to find his way, now in USA schooling, I still have like 3 peeps (not close), working dia, another one at KPMG(inlaw), just find dia way to Canada and seems things r taking a good shape, all this celeb from Adekunle Fuji to free style and Co Japa, this environment wasn't OK for them again at some point. So what do u want? Every man have to do soul searching, it's called brain gain, you feel ur pain more, do what works for you.

Last week I was with a lady, she was into decor, at a point she just come off "when I see this bankers with suit and tie, I just pity for them"... I cracked a smile and ask why? She said, ever since I left banking, I know what I've gained, they are suffering. Right inside of me, I just feel like, well! I know many ovens that won't rock with me cos I don't do tie and suit grin mind! No job is easy way out of life struggle, information and timing is the key.

About ehailing? When you are done with WAEC and waiting for admission, you read thro all sales boy/girl advert, 10/20 jobs, did mine for 3 months before I move (I too get sense pass my madam, if I go beyond 3, I'll sell her shop for real). That same thing is the phase most of you seniors are going through now, you've gotten to your point of where what you earn now is no longer desirable, that does not mean the hustle is no longer making sense or a good starting point for beginners. I think anyone that wants to lace is boot, can gently do that without much ado.

And if your earning is 200k per month or the total family income is 250k per month and you live in a house of 800k, service charge 100k, total 900k, continue... the Lord is ur strength.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3430) (3431) (3432) (3433) (3434) (3435) (3436) ... (5688) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: dolapomi(m), IFSHR and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.