Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4730559 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3431) (3432) (3433) (3434) (3435) (3436) (3437) ... (5688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 8:39am On Feb 17, 2021
dru23:

Top of the morning to u my son..
Abeg no call me ur son B4 I go hear say na me be jpworldwide grin

Abeg u go give me engine oil smiley smiley smiley
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:44am On Feb 17, 2021
lagusboyyy:
But certainly not lucrative like before.

Obviously saturated.

Don't be fool my brother... The amount of cars that break down or in the shop it will surprise u .. Daily amount of people getting blocked due to bad customers service and no A/c ...if you car no get a/c it can't work and if it does by the time riders gives u 1star. U will be blocked ..these rules or guidelines helps reduces the amount of cars on the road.....

At the early stage of uber it was good ..drivers were taking home about 60k naira ...fares were high at the time .. So in order to encourage more riders fares were reduce and vehicle age limit was reduce from 07 to 03 ....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:45am On Feb 17, 2021
Slickleo:

Abeg no call me ur son B4 I go hear say na me be jpworldwide grin

Abeg u go give me engine oil smiley smiley smiley

We get castrol oil ....place ur order
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 8:48am On Feb 17, 2021
dru23:

Life comes in stages... Angryiboman is just saying rubbish if he cant apply what he is preaching about to his own life.....

What a lot in Nigeria and Nigerians youths in general is laziness .. You guys want the easy way . it takes discipline to achieve anything in life regardless of your choose profession.. Unfortunately Nigerians don't have that .......

That been said . ehalling can be a stepping stone to acquire those riches you talk about.. U have to start someone and take steps.. An uber driver can go from being a driver to car owner ..

Some drivers were able to transition from driver to car owners .. Some have two cars and still drive for other people.. Now if you can't succeed in these business as driver and transition to car owner and you have goals to make it big or drive big cars etc .. You are just dreaming and wasting time .. Pray to God all day u want , nothing will happen u have to put in the work and with a little bit of luck and prayer u achieve your goal ......

I will use my new driver as an example .. This driver as set aside 1.2m naira to buy a car . he wants to buy a matrix .. That money saved up is from driving uber and other things..

This is a family man with kids , now tell does he have two heads no be the same job that you guys are doing ? The guy delivers 25k rental vs 30k rental that people are collecting .. So he is making use of the opportunities that I have given , same chances I have given others and they have misuse it .... By the end of this year that driver will be able to buy his own car .. And chances are he is going to ask me to help him buy it .. And I won't charge anything for it .... This driver is one of the hardest working driver I ever meet .. Never complains and he delivers on time ... This guy will go places with his work ethic .........

So guys that are dreaming big etc .. U better have a plan and have good work ethic .. Failure to do so u are wasting your time and deceiving urself......

Ps.. I know I will get a lot of backlash like it is easy to give motivational speeches when it favors u etc ... That is the excuse u people give...in life u have to create your own opportunities , which can lead to u giving motivational speeches ... Everyman for himself nobody will hold ur hands on the path to success.....

I drove for my 1st partner in 2017 (which didn't end well)
I drove for my 2nd partner in 2018
I bought my car from the proceeds I made while driving for my partners around September 2018.

I worked for myself 2018, 2019, 2020

And still working 2021. About to resign and upgrade my hustle

I have savings close to N2 million naira in my account currently with discipline and self denial of luxury and pleasure ( I have evidence and proof of bank balance)

Looking back at journey of doing ehailing for 4years. I will sincerely tell u that the energy, time and effort still doesn't worth it.

Ehailing doesn't have potential and capacity to give me the money I want.

Its a rat race, its time consuming and very stressful in correlation to money u make.

And there is limit to what u can make as a driver.

Like kanuisagoat said "Some people want more out of this life"

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 8:54am On Feb 17, 2021
Felicity001:

Dont get me wrong bro I didn't down talk his post, yes, ehailing can only provide your basis need like clothing, feeding, house rent and the rest of that but it still doesn't clear rhe fact that with dedication and discipline one can still build a career, save up to buy a land and even build or save up to venture into another business.

Like You rugjtly mentioned, people bought houses and land in Lekki and collected 4m upfront from employer, yes! But how many people have that opportunity to secure such a job/contract that will give them such remuneration? You're a graduate I guess, right? If you have a job that pays N250k or above do you think you'll be driving 197km for 5.9k? Where are d jobs? Where r d opportunities? In the absence of all of this in the country so why then tell a man who has no other means of livelihood to quite driving simply because just little comes from it? He should go steal abi?

Please provide a better alternative source of income for me and see I remove the plug here now now.

I don't think he is just saying people should quit ehailing. He is actually advising they look beyond ehailing. I hope you know there's a difference between the two. That is, while you're driving on ehaling, plan your exit.

And I don't know where people get this from. That someone driving on ehailing must be earning less than N250k every month from salary grin

Yes. I make more than that from my salary. See below for November, December. Nairaland will not allow me upload more than 4. Would have posted January as well.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:01am On Feb 17, 2021
chucsmoore:

I bought my car from the proceeds I made while driving for my partners around September 2018.

I have savings close to N2 million naira in my account currently with discipline and self denial of luxury and pleasure ( I have evidence and proof of bank balance)

Looking back at journey of doing ehailing for 4years. I will sincerely tell u that the energy, time and effort still doesn't worth it.

Its a rat race, its time consuming and very stressful in correlation to money u make.

If you can't succeed in 1 thing , how do expect to succeed In another thing .. If you had not made any progress or better progress after ehalling . than you are not ready to put in the work ..

So it is not that E hailing was not working it is because you didn't apply your energy in the rite way .....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Weightless: 9:17am On Feb 17, 2021
chucsmoore:

I dont get your message like it is contradicting itself, well to me you are actually successful, most people that do office jobs cannot still boast of 200k in their account after many years of working if you add both federal and state workers except those that do illegal runs.

To be successful in this life it is time consuming and stressful but successful people will not tel you that, every one loves the good life but favour and mercy will allow few people get to that level not every1 will get there

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 9:22am On Feb 17, 2021
dru23:

Life comes in stages... Angryiboman is just saying rubbish if he cant apply what he is preaching about to his own life.....

What a lot in Nigeria and Nigerians youths in general is laziness .. You guys want the easy way . it takes discipline to achieve anything in life regardless of your choose profession.. Unfortunately Nigerians don't have that .......

That been said . ehalling can be a stepping stone to acquire those riches you talk about.. U have to start someone and take steps.. An uber driver can go from being a driver to car owner ..

Some drivers were able to transition from driver to car owners .. Some have two cars and still drive for other people.. Now if you can't succeed in these business as driver and transition to car owner and you have goals to make it big or drive big cars etc .. You are just dreaming and wasting time .. Pray to God all day u want , nothing will happen u have to put in the work and with a little bit of luck and prayer u achieve your goal ......

I will use my new driver as an example .. This driver as set aside 1.2m naira to buy a car . he wants to buy a matrix .. That money saved up is from driving uber and other things..

This is a family man with kids , now tell does he have two heads no be the same job that you guys are doing ? The guy delivers 25k rental vs 30k rental that people are collecting .. So he is making use of the opportunities that I have given , same chances I have given others and they have misuse it .... By the end of this year that driver will be able to buy his own car .. And chances are he is going to ask me to help him buy it .. And I won't charge anything for it .... This driver is one of the hardest working driver I ever meet .. Never complains and he delivers on time ... This guy will go places with his work ethic .........

So guys that are dreaming big etc .. U better have a plan and have good work ethic .. Failure to do so u are wasting your time and deceiving urself......

Ps.. I know I will get a lot of backlash like it is easy to give motivational speeches when it favors u etc ... That is the excuse u people give...in life u have to create your own opportunities , which can lead to u giving motivational speeches ... Everyman for himself nobody will hold ur hands on the path to success.....

The bolded sums up my point. Guys should see ehailimg as the means to an end and not the end itself. If you desire the best life has to offer, look beyond ehailing but if you are okay with paying rent, school fees and feeding then by all means stick with ehaling.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 17, 2021
dru23:

If you can't succeed in 1 thing , how do expect to succeed In another thing .. If you had not made any progress or better progress after ehalling . than you are not ready to put in the work ..

So it is not that E hailing was not working it is because you didn't apply your energy in the rite way .....

Ogbeni gbe enu e sóun.
Is ehailing the only stepping stone that must be done before making progress?
I wanted to reply your first message on angryigbo's post but decided to keep mum thinking that would be your only reply on the topic. You seem to be troubled anytime someone tries to encourage drivers to look beyond driving. Don't worry as you would always get drivers to drive your cars no matter what happens as people will always be in need of work.

This your post makes no sense in any way.
Dangote that didn't succeed in noodles, does it mean he won't succeed in other businesses?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:40am On Feb 17, 2021
brogxy:

Ogbeni gbe enu e sóun.
I wanted to reply your first message on angryigbo's post but decided to keep mum thinking that would be your only reply on the topic. You seem to be troubled anytime someone tries to encourage drivers to look beyond driving. Don't worry as you would always get drivers to drive your cars no matter what happens as people will be in need of work.

Dangote that didn't succeed in noodles, does it mean he won't succeed in other businesses?

Baba, WA gbayi. 1000likes.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 9:44am On Feb 17, 2021
dru23:

I had success in my ehailing career compared to my friends who are also into the business before me. Sometimes they are envious of my financial status. I ve had some of them ask me how I managed to save. I remember few years back when man was jobless, even to eat 3 proper square meal nah struggle. Then I was ready to take up any survival job available to keep body and soul together. This is what drove me into ehailing. According to Maslow's hierarchy of needs food, shelter, clothing are the first level of a man's need. I have attained and surpass these level of needs and this is what ehailing is designed to make you have. Pay bills, eat 3 proper square meal, buy clothes etc. Life is more than that my brother, I know what i want and ready to rule my destiny and make things happen. For me to say Taxi work no be better job, I know what saw before supporting Angryigbodon on this. I think the reason for all these is because I am beginning to overgrow the hustle, let me just put it that way. And this chart explains more

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 17, 2021
dru23:

Let me give you some work to do.

Translation of the texts in this image attached is what you are meant to preach MOTIVATOR SPEAKER.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 9:52am On Feb 17, 2021
Weightless:

I dont get your message like it is contradicting itself, well to me you are actually successful, most people that do office jobs cannot still boast of 200k in their account after many years of working if you add both federal and state workers except those that do illegal runs.

To be successful in this life it is time consuming and stressful but successful people will not tel you that, every one loves the good life but favour and mercy will allow few people get to that level not every1 will get there
The most important thing is finding your passion and following it. Taxi driving is not my passion. Doing it for survival and about to quit

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:53am On Feb 17, 2021
chucsmoore:

I had success in my ehailing career compared to my friends who are also into the business before me. Sometimes they are envious of my financial status. I ve had some of them ask me how I managed to save. I remember few years back when man was jobless, even to eat 3 proper square meal nah struggle. Then I was ready to take up any survival job available to keep body and soul together. This is what drove me into ehailing. According to Maslow's hierarchy of needs food, shelter, clothing are the first level of a man's need. I have attained and surpass these level of needs and this is what ehailing is designed to make you have. Pay bills, eat 3 proper square meal, buy clothes etc. Life is more than that my brother, I know what i want and ready to rule my destiny and make things happen. For me to say Taxi work no be better job, I know what saw before supporting Angryigbodon on this. I think the reason for all these is because I am beginning to overgrow the hustle, let me just put it that way. And this chart explains more

That's all

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:55am On Feb 17, 2021
brogxy:

Let me give you some work to do.

Translation of the texts in this image attached is what you are meant to preach MOTIVATOR SPEAKER.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:56am On Feb 17, 2021
brogxy:

Ogbeni gbe enu e sóun.
I wanted to reply your first message on angryigbo's post but decided to keep mum thinking that would be your only reply on the topic. You seem to be troubled anytime someone tries to encourage drivers to look beyond driving. Don't worry as you would always get drivers to drive your cars no matter what happens as people will always be in need of work.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 17, 2021

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:04am On Feb 17, 2021
kanuisagoat:

The bolded sums up my point. Guys should see ehailimg as the means to an end and not the end itself. If you desire the best life has to offer, look beyond ehailing but if you are okay with paying rent, school fees and feeding then by all means stick with ehaling.

The truth of the matters is guys that are complaining now if u give them 50million naira to invest , most will squander the money on women drinks etc. And at the end of the day nothing to show for it ..... Everyman for himself bro .......
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:06am On Feb 17, 2021
[quote author=brogxy post=99150772][/quote]

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:12am On Feb 17, 2021
the winners in this set up r the app companies.

E hailing is a stop gap. If you continue in it, it will drain you of any potentials left in you.

E hailing has the ability to suck you in and spit you out.
After a couple of years, you will look back n you haven't made much development as an individual.

I didn't work throughout last week, I only worked on Sunday, valentine's day. What was I doing?

Sitting down n critically thinking of my exit plan. No dstv, no videos, no watsap, no social media I shut myself in.

On the 5th day, two powerful ideas came barging thru. These ideas won't come if I was driving in the chaotic and high pressured Lagos metropolis...

Cos driving drains mental energy, and that is the case of every single person driving in Lagos for money, you won't have time to CRITICALLY THINK.

Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat, 12 months already gone. February ends next week.

I will travel next week to start implementing the plans,, whether perfect or not

Anyone on rental, work for 5 days, but the remaining two days, Shut YOURSELF IN, :
no booze, drug, women, weed or wine. Think, think, an idea will drop on you that will liberate you from this rat race.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:20am On Feb 17, 2021
Felicity001:

I think blackbishop unraveled something many of us never knew about him and then he left the group but in my own understanding

jp=dru
Or
JP= dru's fleet manager.

And tonthe best of my knowledge the only manager I know is madam who is not a SM fan at allll but i know a guy who always masquerade himself as manager... Most times madam will say, "felicity don't mind that one na I just dey look am dey laff". gringrin so I believe that guy is...

Let stop abeg I no get strength for fight.

Instead make u tell that madam to help u change ur life for the better.. U dey follow madam .. That madam u dey talk is enjoying her life ....when push comes to shove that madam u dey brag about will leave to go face ur wahals...

Be man and don't depend on any madam Bros .. U see me now .. No madam fit talk sh@t to me ... Boss up

If u think that madam will help u once all the ehalling app block u .. Think again and stop licking that madam anus grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 17, 2021

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:33am On Feb 17, 2021
[quote author=brogxy post=99151513][/quote]

Bros. Me ask for pity... U better go and find work ..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 10:34am On Feb 17, 2021
kanuisagoat:

He has a point Felicity. Yes, ehailing will put food on the table, you will be able to cater for you immediate needs and provide for you family but there are people who want more than this from life.

People who drive the E350s, AMGs and the Lx470s don't have two heads. Yes, some might be making the money illegitimately but many others are also making legit money. You say you have paid your 3 bedroom flat in Abule Egba but many others have also bought duplexes in Lekki.

In this same country, there are people who have collected upfront of 4m naira from their employers this January alone. That is the kind of money some people want to to have and the life they aspire to live and you'll agree with me ehailing is never going to give you that.

Let me give you this homework. Look at the screenshot someone posted. He drove 197mins to gross 5200. How many minutes will he drive to buy a 2010-2012 E350 that sells at 5m naira grin

God bless you oo, can you rest for 1 month and spend ur savings from Ehailiing if U re renting a car.... NO No No.

Please let's see beyond d peanuts we get daily, app company is the winner here

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 17, 2021
dru23:

Like I said earlier that the text in the image is what you are meant to preach, here you have the translation as I perceived you might have thought I wished you bad.

"a single tree attached to its roots stopped a truck loaded with hundreds of trees detached from their roots. If you want to be strong, stick to your roots and your principles."

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SenseBoy(m): 11:03am On Feb 17, 2021
Some of us here intend joining ehailing soon abeg make una no dey make us fear anyhow
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 11:05am On Feb 17, 2021
IFSHR:

Ehailing as a hustle is a cash cow... Best for those with their own cars....pay urself 3k per day and at the end of the year, you will be having a million plus...

Get a land in a very low cost area....250k....Travel north and buy baby cow, groom and sell when robust.

You can be earning 1m monthly and still be a poor man on the long run, financial education is key..

Ehailing is a good hustle, ensure you pay yourself daily. Diversify your savings into sustainable business.

Little business you can build from savings from ehailing

1. Car wash
2. Chains of POS outlet.
3. Logistics. (Start small)
4. Agricultural produce (start small)
5. Buy okada for HP delivery

So many more

With 500k you can start any of the above....

Pay yourself 3k per day and that is 90k per month...in 5 month.....you have 450k to invest.

Start small and grow it

Very informative but
Abeg make una dey take am easy o, make someone work for complete 5 months no rest?
Work life is longer than human life o. Always take a break every week.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:21am On Feb 17, 2021
IFSHR:

Ehailing as a hustle is a cash cow... Best for those with their own cars....pay urself 3k per day and at the end of the year, you will be having a million plus...

Get a land in a very low cost area....250k....Travel north and buy baby cow, groom and sell when robust.

You can be earning 1m monthly and still be a poor man on the long run, financial education is key..

Ehailing is a good hustle, ensure you pay yourself daily. Diversify your savings into sustainable business.

Little business you can build from savings from ehailing

1. Car wash
2. Chains of POS outlet.
3. Logistics. (Start small)
4. Agricultural produce (start small)
5. Buy okada for HP delivery

So many more

With 500k you can start any of the above....

Pay yourself 3k per day and that is 90k per month...in 5 month.....you have 450k to invest.

Start small and grow it

God bless you for this... A good way to say things not that guy up there calling all Nigerians lazy forgetting he too is a nigga.grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:24am On Feb 17, 2021
izzou:

I remember when we had this discussion some years back. It led to a lot of arguements then.

I know a driver on this thread (at least met here). He stopped ehailing, founded a little start-up that was for procurements and supply. Today he's happier than he was. One week, he made 200k and he told me about it. I wonder how many trips he would drive to save that in one week. He still drives, but it's now a side hustle, not a full one

A lot of us here have bright minds. I still insist that circumstances of life brought us to the steering.

Ehailing is not bad. I encourage people who need a means of income and survival to join.

But as long as your dream as a child wasn't to be a taxi driver, please start having an exit plan

That 20k you are saving in a week, people are making it in a day with lesser stress. They don't have two heads.

I pray we all meet at the top

Amen! My oga. God bless you.

Wisdom is a gift and you're one among many with it.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:37am On Feb 17, 2021
Do what works for you.

Make nobody make you feel unworthy.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnchrix(m): 11:43am On Feb 17, 2021
Hello
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 11:48am On Feb 17, 2021
samobaba4u:

Very informative but
Abeg make una dey take am easy o, make someone work for complete 5 months no rest?
Work life is longer than human life o. Always take a break every week.

Paying yourself 3k per day is very easy you know.....you go rest for one or two days and still pay yourself from the surplus from the working days...I wouldn't advocate one work all through the clock

(1) (2) (3) ... (3431) (3432) (3433) (3434) (3435) (3436) (3437) ... (5688) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.