Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,091 members, 7,814,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4741737 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3473) (3474) (3475) (3476) (3477) (3478) (3479) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:39am On Mar 05, 2021
Kanoski:

chai...

can i still squeeze some extra miles out of the hub without any extra damage...
though the noise is really disturbing to me...
.i don't think riders do notice it sha

i need to make some money to fix it.

At its worst, the hub can hook. but that's if it has gone very very bad. If u notice now ur wheels get very hot, hotter than usual after u have driven for a while, thats cos of the friction caused by the bad bearings. If u don't fix it fast d heat can weaken ur shaft rubber, cause it to tear, make d shaft grease more fluid, and ultimately affect ur shaft head. The way cars are built, one mechanical fault if ignored can cause a string of damages to other parts.

As long as u can hear d noise, ur riders can too. They may not feel its an abnormality until it is very pronounced. Its cos u know how ur car sounds before that's why u noticed something was wrong immediately u heard the strange noise.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hillso7(m): 8:48am On Mar 05, 2021
izzou:

Make Una no vex. Sorry for the delay. I never sit down one place for the past one week

The price to bring it down to Lagos, after every every (with a bottle of coke for myself inclusive wink ) is 15,000 naira

If you are really interested, just indicate. It is Pay on delivery

Thank you. grin
I need one
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sparkycash(m): 8:53am On Mar 05, 2021
Good Morning everyone. Hope u all had a blissful sleep..

Bosses in the house i need your experience on this one:

I noticed the at the gear oil in my car (Big daddy 2004 )was below guage, so yesterday i bought sea max dexron 111 to top the oil... Now when i drive my car jerks when im driving it. It doesn’t pickup immediately when i match the trottle.

What is the possible cause of this?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sparkycash(m): 8:54am On Mar 05, 2021
This is the gear oil i used

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by geezyk(m): 9:01am On Mar 05, 2021
Pearl1910:

With MTN u can off the car on ur own, u don't need to call anybody
Please whats MTN and how does it work?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:14am On Mar 05, 2021
CharlesRyder:

Tell them bro. Nigeria makes policy decisions that take her backwards, in the opposite direction to development

Mass transit is the solution to urban traffic gridlocks, not private luxury taxis. At times one wonders how certain people became leaders in this country when they constantly reason like crackheads.

Wa gbayi. You catch the drift.. To minimize urban traffic gridlock, mass transit is the way... Not brand new taxis.

People say after all, they use Mercedes in Germany, UAE n Co... I laff n ask them, can you compare the quality of roads on their streets.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:16am On Mar 05, 2021
Pearl1910:

Wao...so this disabling thing is true, then what's the need of the tracker na angry cry Na wa ooo. I use MTN in all my cars, was told ones its disabled, even if u find and remove the tracker car will still not start.

Story...

somebody wrote a virus program
Another person came and wrote an anti virus

The only thing man can not undo are things made by God.

No security on planet earth that can not be broken. If you know one let me know.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 05, 2021
How I wish to know how to drive, I wouldn't be jobless by now.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by geezyk(m): 9:21am On Mar 05, 2021
suco01:

Sir I don't understand this, is it u turn to connect to 7/8 isolo/ajao estate or 7/8 mafoluku going back to airport
Its tat new U-turn Bridge that takes you back to the airport-7/8. If you intend to use the bridge, don't use the fast lane, make use of the service lanes, or else police dey wait you for the other side, as you dey land dem dey hold you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:23am On Mar 05, 2021
samobaba4u:

Jack up one leg and accelerate? What happens to d other leg?

Nothing, one leg isn't powerful enough to move d car so no fear. Plus u have wedged it before jacking
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:32am On Mar 05, 2021
geezyk:
Please whats MTN and how does it work?

MTN Tracker
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by geezyk(m): 9:33am On Mar 05, 2021
Good day everyone, I'm a newbie on e-hailing, for my less than 1 month on e-hailing I've seen the good, bad and the ugly, even though I drive 3-4 times per week and 8hrs max I've seen life, most riders using bolt are ladies, if I'm to make a percentile of my riders, I'll say 90% ladies, 10% guys of those 90% of ladies 20% have given me a tough time.

For instance a trip from Alh. Masha to Ogunlana ext. Nearly made me mad, a woman with a newborn, his brother and probably their elderly mother, they got into my car, asked if they knew the shortest route to take, the lady said other drivers take the fastest route, told her I'm not familiar with surulere, her brother said he'll try, we moved, on getting to am area, the brother got lost, I had to use the map to navigate, the lady was just saying gibberish about wasting time so I can get more money, it even got to a point the brother had to shut her up, I just dey vex, if not for that elderly woman, ill just send them down, las las trip ended 800, she just rushed down without even closing the door. Omo eyes dey see for this hustle oo.

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by geezyk(m): 9:35am On Mar 05, 2021
Pearl1910:

MTN Tracker
Oh! You have to apply through MTN?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kanoski(m): 9:40am On Mar 05, 2021
Pearl1910:

At its worst, the hub can hook. but that's if it has gone very very bad. If u notice now ur wheels get very hot, hotter than usual after u have driven for a while, thats cos of the friction caused by the bad bearings. If u don't fix it fast d heat can weaken ur shaft rubber, cause it to tear, make d shaft grease more fluid, and ultimately affect ur shaft head. The way cars are built, one mechanical fault if ignored can cause a string of damages to other parts.

As long as u can hear d noise, ur riders can too. They may not feel its an abnormality until it is very pronounced. Its cos u know how ur car sounds before that's why u noticed something was wrong immediately u heard the strange noise.
nna errr...
this car no just want make i chop this yeye weekend bonus...
n na this weekend business the dey
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:57am On Mar 05, 2021
Felicity001:

Story...

somebody wrote a virus program
Another person came and wrote an anti virus

The only thing man can not undo are things made by God.

No security on planet earth that can not be broken. If you know one let me know.

Its just scary man
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Shellsploit: 10:24am On Mar 05, 2021
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:28am On Mar 05, 2021
Kanoski:

nna errr...
this car no just want make i chop this yeye weekend bonus...
n na this weekend business the dey

It can still carry u 3 more days since u said it isn't very loud, chop d bonus take repair your car. No fear, nothing dey happen
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kanoski(m): 10:35am On Mar 05, 2021
Pearl1910:

It can still carry u 3 more days since u said it isn't very loud, chop d bonus take repair your car. No fear, nothing dey happen
thanks for the encouragment bro...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 10:38am On Mar 05, 2021
suco01:

Sir I don't understand this, is it u turn to connect to 7/8 isolo/ajao estate or 7/8 mafoluku going back to airport
Going back to airport and you are on the fast lane. Don't enter service lane to climb the bridge o.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:07am On Mar 05, 2021
geezyk:
Its tat new U-turn Bridge that takes you back to the airport-7/8. If you intend to use the bridge, don't use the fast lane, make use of the service lanes, or else police dey wait you for the other side, as you dey land dem dey hold you.
Na waoo, they just set traps everywhere. Worst part is there is no sign, does it also apply to those going to Oshodi?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sparkycash(m): 11:28am On Mar 05, 2021
I noticed you guys do not regard newbies or reply to em... why?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FuckEveryday: 11:37am On Mar 05, 2021
sparkycash:
I noticed you guys do not regard newbies or reply to em... why?
Watin you want us to reply the guy story
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 11:38am On Mar 05, 2021
sparkycash:

I noticed the at the gear oil in my car (Big daddy 2004 )was below guage, so yesterday i bought sea max dexron 111 to top the oil... Now when i drive my car jerks when im driving it. It doesn’t pickup immediately when i match the trottle.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 11:46am On Mar 05, 2021
sparkycash:

Try n see your mech. It's possible you poured more oil into the system. Also, is it the same brand of gear oil you poured into the system.

When it's comes to the engine n gear in a car, always do things under the guidance of a mech. They have more experience in such things.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hillso7(m): 11:55am On Mar 05, 2021
sparkycash:

Check the dip stick you'll see the recommended oil for your gear.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bammzzie(m): 12:37pm On Mar 05, 2021
sparkycash:

Errmmm, chk the dip stick, you'll see the recommended gear oil spec for your car, most corolla and Camry (big daddy) uses T-IV generally known as T4 buh I don't think that's what you use but if it is, consult your mechanic and if it isn't, maybe your mechanic just have to flush out the one you just poured and refill it with the recommended one...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by suco01(m): 12:44pm On Mar 05, 2021
geezyk:

Okay thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sakamanjeh99(m): 1:18pm On Mar 05, 2021
Gentlelife50:

Na waoo, they just set traps everywhere. Worst part is there is no sign, does it also apply to those going to Oshodi?

No...its nt applicable to pple goin to oshodi...
D trap is really everywhere...anoda trap is at d intersection to canoe bus stop frm nnpc road(jst around d destiny filling station now nnpc) for early birds...dia s alwys a white bus around dere...if u observe well...na lastma n police plus thugs dy dy inside d bus...once u mistakenly pass one u-turn wey dy around dere...dem go devour u wholly...
Its jst well

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 1:52pm On Mar 05, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Sometimes you're at a red-light and you get a request. The light turns green and the line starts moving then you get a request. You call the rider and quickly ask where they are so you know which turn to take and the rider will be asking you where you are.

By that time, you've gotten to the light and you had to make a decision so you just take the one the map tells you only to realise the rider is at the other side of the road.

I just tell them to cancel because I'm never turning back.

But for the most part sha, I don't have a problem with that question. It helps them know if they'll be able to wait for you or they have to cancel due to long pickup. It also helps them guide you to their destination. Some of them also use it to gauge how close the driver is so they know if they have to hurry up or just take their time.

Most of them don't even know anywhere at all... Even if you tell them you're opposite them they'll ask you "where is that"? The question of "where are you" has become a slogan for every riders and it's so bad.

Some wont even greet, they just ask you "oga where are you?"
Me too I ask them where are you too?

na so one stupid guy requested 3nights ago I was at egbeda road going home around past 11pm. Request came in with 1.7x

Phone rang.
R: with hash voice, where u dey?
Me: I no fit greet? Were u dey go?
R: I dey go De-jones akonwonjo road.
M: so where u dey like dis, me i could see his location on d map already and I'd already made up my mind that i wasn't going but I just said let me punish him for his bad manners.
R: I dey bla bla...
Me: hmmmm...hmmm...
R: are you going or not?
Me in my mind I was like just imagine dis mumu, 4dis night I still dey do boss abi?
Me: I'm not going, order another ride.
R: God punish ur fada... so u know u are not going...
Me: Ogun kill ur generation dia, thunder fire u...grin

na xo we curse ourselves till d guy cut call...

na so I laugh laugh till I reach house.

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bammzzie(m): 2:36pm On Mar 05, 2021
Sakamanjeh99:

No...its nt applicable to pple goin to oshodi...
D trap is really everywhere...anoda trap is at d intersection to canoe bus stop frm nnpc road(jst around d destiny filling station now nnpc) for early birds...dia s alwys a white bus around dere...if u observe well...na lastma n police plus thugs dy dy inside d bus...once u mistakenly pass one u-turn wey dy around dere...dem go devour u wholly...
Its jst well
Dem go devour u wholly grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by geezyk(m): 2:39pm On Mar 05, 2021
Gentlelife50:

No! Not at all, just go straight to climb charity bridge.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omorkelly(m): 2:42pm On Mar 05, 2021
Tokunbo
Kanoski:

tokumbo or new?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3473) (3474) (3475) (3476) (3477) (3478) (3479) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.