Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4747366 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3476) (3477) (3478) (3479) (3480) (3481) (3482) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fluid11: 7:46am On Mar 07, 2021
Pearl1910:

I heard that oil isn't good o...Knocked peoples engine. Be careful with it, be very observant of the sound of ur engine and engine performance.
Car maintainance is a continuous process, so don't get weary.

Which is the best to use then?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kanoski(m): 8:29am On Mar 07, 2021
kanuisagoat:

grin

I think say na me dey shuffle trips pass but this your own pass my own grin

Bolt don warn me tire with the activity is low, account may get blocked....Too many passengers not showing up, account may get blocked grin

If dem wan block am make dem block am. I will keep rejecting useless trips and maximise every hour I spend online.

me am a lover of short trips oo...
anything that will take me far especially at night.
i dont want it...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by geezyk(m): 9:02am On Mar 07, 2021
141samuel:
they arrested me about three weeks ago at that same place, thanks God for the father of the rider , he pays me back the 10k they collect from me. I can't thank him enough. But there is away you can still go and turn under the bridge but you can never know unless they explain to you because no any road signs there
Yeah! There's a way you can turn back under the bridge to now climb it again, but you won't know since there aren't any visible road signs.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 9:55am On Mar 07, 2021
Pearl1910:

I heard that oil isn't good o...Knocked peoples engine. Be careful with it, be very observant of the sound of ur engine and engine performance.
Car maintainance is a continuous process, so don't get weary.

Is it the one with black cover you are referring to? If it is, na wa o. Which oil person go dey use now if you don't have money for Mobil1?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:12am On Mar 07, 2021
Fluid11:

Good morning boss! Please does one's rating affect the category he can drive on on bolt?

I'm on 4.70 but I recently began to see only the bolt category.

I think so, two categories, Bolt n corporate. Most times, the corporate is usually card trips and fares r slightly higher.

But most riders (Naija factor grin) chose Bolt, so don't worry about d category, it's just a slight difference.

However, if your ratings improve, the app will add d ' corporate' option to your account.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Otunbalai(m): 10:54am On Mar 07, 2021
please house...I need your advice....I bought my car last year September and I service it january, but I just notice the oil is shorting ...I use mobile oil to service it..its a toyota camry 2004...what could be wrong ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 11:47am On Mar 07, 2021
InfinityEstates:

Is it the one with black cover you are referring to? If it is, na wa o. Which oil person go dey use now if you don't have money for Mobil1?

I use the one with black cap. In my opinion I feel its better and more refined than xhp.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 11:53am On Mar 07, 2021
Kanoski:

i dont want it...

Strange. I hate short trips die. Its just that as I mentioned elsewhere, sometimes you just can't tell. Those short trips may be the catalyst to a much better trip.

Got one yesterday. Figured it won't be more than N700 so I let it ring out. Got another one almost immediately I returned online and figured its another N500-N600 naira trip. I decided to take it because unlike the first one, pick up distance was much shorter and I can easily return to where I was before the trip and reposition again.

The guy was going to see the girlfriend so he wanted to buy her a gift. He bought the gift and off we went to the girlfriends house cheesy

That trip eventually ended N4200. cool

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 11:54am On Mar 07, 2021
Fluid11:

Good morning boss! Please does one's rating affect the category he can drive on on bolt?

I'm not very sure. My rating hardly goes below 4.80. I see northbird has done justice to your question
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:11pm On Mar 07, 2021
Otunbalai:
please house...I need your advice....I bought my car last year September and I service it january, but I just notice the oil is shorting ...I use mobile oil to service it..its a toyota camry 2004...what could be wrong ?
What is your car's mileage?

If it's high then that may be the cause. I don't think there's anything you can do than to continue topping it.

Which oil did you use.. mineral or synthetic? And the viscosity 5w30 or 20w50?
If it's 5w30, try and use thicker oil like 20w50, maybe that's what previous owner has been using so if it might be too late to go back to 5w30
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 12:39pm On Mar 07, 2021
Otunbalai:

This is one of the bad reviews about this car.
But before we conclude, ask your mechanic to check the oil seal but if the problem persists, just know say na the 2004 Model problem be that.
I'm not an expert.
My advise is based on the lamentations of 3 2004 Camry owners i eavesdropped.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:48pm On Mar 07, 2021
Fluid11:

Yes it does, Corporate is from 4.75 and above but who Corporate hep? All those their N500 to 1k trips.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:19pm On Mar 07, 2021
Fluid11:

Which is the best to use then?

When I can't afford Mobil1 5w30 I use Stallion. U can use other popular straight up 5w30 synthetic oils. But I don't trust all other semi synthetics including the one mobil is doing, looks like bleached palm oil grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:25pm On Mar 07, 2021
InfinityEstates:

Baba...I prefer to use normal Mobil 20w50 than to use that Mobil semi synthetic oil...my personal conviction.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hillso7(m): 1:29pm On Mar 07, 2021
donfortune48:

Coming from international Airport and you know you will be making a U-turn back to the airport. Use the service lane immediately you come down from NACO bridge. (the bridge close to the toll gate). And maintain the service lane through Ajao estate bus stop down to 7/8 bus stop then go straight and climb the U-turn bridge.

If you forgot to follow the service lane from NACO and maintained the fast lane all the way from the airport, down to U-turn bridge. Don't climb the bridge from that little exit to the service lane just before the U-turn bridge.
They'll arrest you if you do so.

Just go under the bridge and turn right to a hidden service lane that's just after the U-turn bridge and follow it back to 7/8 bus stop. Then enter the main service lane and come back to climb the bridge.
Detailed

This is well explained and understood.

Thank bro

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 3:21pm On Mar 07, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

This is one of the bad reviews about this car.
But before we conclude, ask your mechanic to check the oil seal but if the problem persists, just know say na the 2004 Model problem be that.
I'm not an expert.
My advise is based on the lamentations of 3 2004 Camry owners i eavesdropped.
Same with 2 2006 my own inclusive
If you want to buy camry, just start from 2010
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Otunbalai(m): 6:21pm On Mar 07, 2021
deedee44:

What is your car's mileage?

If it's high then that may be the cause. I don't think there's anything you can do than to continue topping it.

Which oil did you use.. mineral or synthetic? And the viscosity 5w30 or 20w50?
If it's 5w30, try and use thicker oil like 20w50, maybe that's what previous owner has been using so if it might be too late to go back to 5w30

the mileage is very high...195,800. but the engine is very sound and good...

I use 5w 30...I bought the car last year november and I did the first serving January, but the previous oil that came with it never went down...until I service it January with mobile oil 5w 30 that I start noticing the shortage....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 6:27pm On Mar 07, 2021
IFEBARBIE:
R: how are you, Ife?
M: fine sir.
R: when u get to so so so place turn and enter the street. Number so so so, tell the security guard you are looking for Mr O.
M: yes sir
R: park inside and call me
M: I'm here sir
R: ok, come and carry this basket put it in front
R: carry these ones in the booth
M: ok sir
R: start trip, we go to bank first, then to eatery
M: Yes sir
M: sir we are at the eatery

Grin grin... Fresh request enter. I quickly accepted. The rider called and I said I'm about to complete a ride, then I will come pick her

M: sir I just accepted another trip. I want to end your trip
R: No no no.... We have just started. We have alot of places to go to
R: call her to cancel and request for another one

After so many stops...

R: Ife, come and carry this things we bought to the kitchen
R: Ife, you're good chap. Despite all my wahala, you didn't complain, keep it up
Long story short, trip ended and R added 2k extra for my "servant" troubles.

Plus baba rider is 80+ yrs man cool

80yrs+ going to market? That's a red flag for me. Something is wrong somewhere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Otunbalai(m): 6:39pm On Mar 07, 2021
deedee44:
Same with 2 2006 my own inclusive If you want to buy camry, just start from 2010
you mean you experience similar thing with your camry ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 8:19pm On Mar 07, 2021
deedee44:

Same with 2 2006 my own inclusive
If you want to buy camry, just start from 2010

It happening to my friend's camry too. 03

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 9:07pm On Mar 07, 2021
samobaba4u:
Note
If you are coming from airport on the fast lane, don't enter the service lane at 7&8 to access the u-turn bridge o. If u are to use the bridge just go and turn under it and come out at 7&8 to access the bridge. The police are cashing out there. Be warned

People, my people perish bcuz they lack wisdom. well they tried that shit with me and it wasn't nice on them. They gat no evidence on you and believe you ain't know your wrong from right. Stop paying muguruza money

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Star2020: 9:37pm On Mar 07, 2021
Are you out there looking for a driving job come to me and get one. We don't ask you to pay money before you can get it start calling now 08035162714..... 0818 215 6929
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 10:04pm On Mar 07, 2021
Kanoski:
update update....

so after fixing the new bearing...
found out that my ball joint bin don spoil sef....
n its been driving like that without keeping me on the road..
nna corolla the try sha...

so fixing back the tires n all...
i took it 4 a test drive n noticed this strange noise...(the brake clip rubbing against the brake disk)
he dismantled it n fixed it again..
same thing...

so since it was getting late..
he remove the one that was making the noise n told me to drive the car like that till monday...

so pls guys...
will the removal of that clip have any effect on the braking system or the car in general?
car in question is 04 corolla

cc blackbishop

Bro sorry m replying late. With what you explained I manage to picture the brake clip to make the brake pad hold firm
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 11:16pm On Mar 07, 2021
Kanoski:

i dont want it...
lol..make i just see 2/3 long trips am done for the day like today cmd road to badore, before to sangotedo, sangotedo to Alapere lobatan grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 3:01am On Mar 08, 2021
Pearl1910:

Baba...I prefer to use normal Mobil 20w50 than to use that Mobil semi synthetic oil...my personal conviction.

Bros so na ur personal conviction and you made it look like you read a review somewhere or it has knocked engines of many people you know.
I want to believe Mobil should have done their due diligence before bringing out semi synthetic oil.
But if anybody has seen a side effect of this 5w30 pls speak out make we quick revert back.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 6:28am On Mar 08, 2021
Otunbalai:

I use 5w 30...I bought the car last year november and I did the first serving January, but the previous oil that came with it never went down...until I service it January with mobile oil 5w 30 that I start noticing the shortage....

Ur mileage is not high, mine is close to 300k miles and sound well but shorts oil.
Call the previous owner to tell u Wich oil he uses.

If u use the car on e hailing ensure u change oil at 3k miles

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:01am On Mar 08, 2021
BAZ001:

Bros so na ur personal conviction and you made it look like you read a review somewhere or it has knocked engines of many people you know.
I want to believe Mobil should have done their due diligence before bringing out semi synthetic oil.
But if anybody has seen a side effect of this 5w30 pls speak out make we quick revert back.

Biko, what are reviews... Aren't they peoples experience using a product? Or because its not from overseas...
I already said I know people that use that oil and their engine knocked without explanation....and mechanics also advise against it.

The personal conviction I mentioned is for choice of oil. I said I rather use Mobile 20w50 than use Mobil semi synthetic.

Note that this semi synthetic is not used overseas its made for Nigerian market.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:05am On Mar 08, 2021
Otunbalai:

Ask the previous owner which oil he used to service it last and revert back to that oil asap.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:44am On Mar 08, 2021
Otunbalai:

you mean you experience similar thing with your camry ?
Yes. I top it regularly
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:48am On Mar 08, 2021
Duke111:

Ur mileage is not high, mine is close to 300k miles and sound well but shorts oil.
Call the previous owner to tell u Wich oil he uses.

If u use the car on e hailing ensure u change oil at 3k miles
Camry?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 11:01am On Mar 08, 2021
We are your number one source to get any vehicle checked. We make it easy for you to discover the complete history of any used car before you buy or sell it. It only takes a couple of minutes, and you'll have peace of mind before you buy . Have that peace of mind knowing the vehicle's complete history.
You’ll receive crucial facts about the car you’re looking to buy that will help you make a smart decision.

Comprehensive Vehicle History Report.

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da

Confirm the authenticity Of Your Documents

Get your documents verified and avoid embarrassment

Contact us on Whats-app now . 08060365068
cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Otunbalai(m): 12:29pm On Mar 08, 2021
deedee44:

Yes. I top it regularly

Okay. noted. but which oil will you recommend i use ? i bought the car has tokunbo, i have only services it once and thats when i notice the shortage. the oil that came with it never went short at all....

(1) (2) (3) ... (3476) (3477) (3478) (3479) (3480) (3481) (3482) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Gentlelife50(m), ksmart027(m), Itsrm(m), Foreigner12(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.