Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4040) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4801712 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4037) (4038) (4039) (4040) (4041) (4042) (4043) ... (5699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 8:27am On Sep 11, 2021
I'm curious

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:27am On Sep 11, 2021
Felicity001:

You should have called me na I for give you my free meal ticketgrin
I no know say u get, next time Sir.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 8:28am On Sep 11, 2021
Johnnybegood12:

you got it wrong because we were looking for the reason why they always accept and not show up to is pu.
So the problem could be in his communication skill, that's why I strike and bolded those text.
Hopefully u get it.

I get it... I thought you were referring directly to what you highlighted. Apologies

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 8:29am On Sep 11, 2021
Guys I thought bolt said they would do 100% refunds ?
Two guys are trying to scam me, let me sound like that Drivers license guy that was scammed and still saying the scammer is genuine.
Took a package from a guy to his friend.
I have both numbers, one claims he will pay if the other doesn’t pay. Both not picking again
So I reported to bolt?

But see bolts reply, I don’t understand.

1. We would request you to always ensure that you collected the fare after the trip. ?

How?
..... i should fight rider, cause a scene or bring out my phone and record it

2. We would request you to wait for 7 days for the rider to make the payment and kindly let us know if the rider has not paid yet the outstanding fare in 7 days.
..... 7days ? I always forget to remind you in 7 days.

What happened to the 100% refund?
Na to dey fight dey go

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 8:33am On Sep 11, 2021
XGhost:
I'm curious

Na man o shocked
I could have sworn it'd be a "Jazebel".
...fingers crossed. I must ask him how far this rating
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 8:38am On Sep 11, 2021
FuckEveryday:

Abeg pass m to me...I no dey chase 1m

Oven lighter in ant league ?
How you managed to get into that league is a mystery

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 8:40am On Sep 11, 2021
XGhost:

Na man o shocked

Hope no be fake transfer rider or he uses his app to request olosho up and Dan ?
Might not be him but olosho or very bad road

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 8:41am On Sep 11, 2021
XGhost:

Na man o shocked
If Na driver, dem go don block am. Bolt should be held responsible for some rider misdemeanors. You can't leave people like this on the platform and not invite impunity.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 8:50am On Sep 11, 2021
XGhost:

Na man o shocked

Very uneventful trip, I was expecting some sparks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 8:55am On Sep 11, 2021
BAZ001:

Hope no be fake transfer rider or he uses his app to request olosho up and Dan ?
Might not be him but olosho or very bad road

na short trip, like 3 streets apart. 3 guys 1 girl, so I asked who be Kehinde. One of the guys answered. Turns out I had picked one of them from festac before, he recognised the car. They were going to do paranran for someone's birthday.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pleasureosondu(m): 9:02am On Sep 11, 2021
I think we're making significant progress in this thread, particularly with regard to managing riders with entitled mentality. Interestingly, all experiences mentioned here had amongst others, one thing in common- non violent in nature which is an important aspect. If you anticipate that you've got a problematic rider especially before you start the trip, the rule is simple: tell the gaddamn fella to get the Bleep outta your car. Again, this isn't pride but your dignity. A rider wants to be respected but they ain't ready to respect the
driver simply because they're paying( CheerfulGiver's experience is proof). I believe that if the lady had said something like,
Oga, Abeg na 2k I get, I'm thinking that Mr CheerfulGiver will reconsider and embark on the trip. But no, madam felt it's her right and it's final. Personally, I've observed that some riders see drivers as a nobody in the society. More like errand boys. On top your car o. Attitude matters.

Here in the FCT, we have entitled mentality folks but they get it under control. The reason is based on the fact that most people are usually connected to top political figures. This means that an uber or bolt driver may not have a direct contact to the President but he will have a friend, who knows another friend that knows another friend and this friend knows the President. This rule also applies to riders. The effect? There's an unseen but existing checks and balance system amongst drivers and riders in the FCT. It's very difficult to hear someone say, "do you know who I am "? especially within the city itself. In fact, most drivers are part timers as they are already under the government's payroll. They just drive to pass time and some riders are aware of this. Thus, the unseen but written rule is simple, Respect me and I'll return the favor but mess me up and.............

Again, drivers are the boss in e-hailing. Some riders here already affirmed to it like the man who complained that drivers ain't interested in driving to his location for Pick up. Maybe Bolt should also train riders on courtesy courses.

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FuckEveryday: 9:10am On Sep 11, 2021
BAZ001:

Oven lighter in ant league ?
How you managed to get into that league is a mystery
grin grin
I dey 1.6surge to mainland...I go collect return trip to bk to house..Go watch Man-Utd match, den go bk to work grin

Btw I'm owing indriver 600 and dem say I no fit collect another trip till I pay undecided

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nezzjnr: 9:21am On Sep 11, 2021
Felicity001:

The wind comes into mind with the plantain. I lost over 300k to plantain farming many years back... It require more attention than cassava especially when it starts getting matured... Farm theft is a major concern also you can't sell entire farm like you will with the cassava... Cassava is just so simple for me abeg but watermelon and cucums can make people think you use your mama for money ritual if properly done.grin
During Fruiting... You'll obviously employ a Farm security na

Cassava doesn't bring much money compared to plantain.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 9:33am On Sep 11, 2021
pleasureosondu:
I think we're making significant progress in this thread, particularly with regard to managing riders with entitled mentality. Interestingly, all experiences mentioned here had amongst others, one thing in common- non violent in nature which is an important aspect. If you anticipate that you've got a problematic rider especially before you start the trip, the rule is simple: tell the gaddamn fella to get the Bleep outta your car. Again, this isn't pride but your dignity. A rider wants to be respected but they ain't ready to respect the
driver simply because they're paying( CheerfulGiver's experience is proof). I believe that if the lady had said something like,
Oga, Abeg no 2k I get, I'm think that Mr CheerfulGiver will reconsider and embark on the trip. But no, madam felt it's right and it's final. Personally, I've observed that some riders see drivers as a nobody in the society. More like errand boys. On top your car o. Attitude matters.

Here in the FCT, we have entitled mentality folks but they get it under control. The reason is based on the fact that most people are usually connected to top political figures. This means that an uber or bolt driver may not have a direct contact to the President but he will have friend, who knows another friend that knows another friend and this friend knows the President. This rule also applies to riders. The effect? There's an unseen but existing checks and balance system amongst drivers and riders in the FCT. It's very difficult to hear someone say, "do you know who I am "? especially within the city itself. In fact, most drivers are part timers as they are already under the government's payroll. They just drive to pass time and some riders are aware of this. Thus, the unseen but written rule is simple, Respect me and I'll return the favor but mess me up and.............

Again, drivers are the boss in e-hailing. Some riders here already affirmed to it like the man who complained that drivers ain't interested in driving to his location for Pick up. Maybe Bolt should also train riders on courtesy courses.

Make una no vex for the bulk write up but I just had to speak up.

While I totally understand your position especially in regard to the bolded, I completely disagree.
It's not really about dignity, it's a fragile ego, it's insecurity.
I don't know the rider, he doesn't know me, there's no way or manner in which he can talk to me that will make me feel "small" or become "small". It's not possible in this life or the next.

Again, it's not about dignity. I say this because almost all the time the Interaction is between u and another person, 4 people max. 4 people who you may not even recognize if you met them the next day, so where is the shame coming from? If a scene is created and people gather then I can understand the feeling of embarrassment but just 1-4 INSIDE YOUR car, C'mon.
I'm wary of rude people, for one reason only, and that's the fear of them becoming aggressive or that they create a scene. I guard my public conduct very intensely. This is also not to say I haven't had to bounce people from my car o, I've done that once. She was becoming violent and wildly hysterical. I dropped her at the junction before her destination... In hindsight I suspect it was an act so she won't pay. The other time, the rider was going on about how I'm just quiet and cold, I politely told her it'll be better for us to end the trip as it wasn't working for either of us. During the week, i think Tuesday I politely told the rider I couldn't continue the trip because of the bad road. It was that ikorodu sagamu road. Before I accepted to go on the trip I had impressed it on this guy if the road was at least ok. He said it was, only for us to see gulleys. The thought of doing the comeback trip convinced me it wasn't worth it.

However, like I said, I completely understand your perspective.
But, It's a fragile personality that feels insulted by such things. And this is fact, you can research it.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 9:35am On Sep 11, 2021
[quote author=pope191 post=105695385][/quote]

Why you dey look me like that cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 9:38am On Sep 11, 2021
XGhost:

When it's time, I don't need anybody's guarantor... Give me you last two partners numbers dasall

Wrong move. He will give you a random number and tell the man to play along.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 9:46am On Sep 11, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Wrong move. He will give you a random number and tell the man to play along.

No na, me too I have my own kurube in my left pocket to decode that Kain tin.

In my experience guarantors hardly indemnify in the case of default. Or maybe it's the owners who don't pursue it. Anyhow, it mostly is a formality.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 9:51am On Sep 11, 2021
Felicity001:

Divers like me will never want to partner with a prospective partners like this because it looks like a trap and problem ahead

Don't go into a business because you're having financial challenges, simply sell the car outrightly instead of relying on 50k that may not be enough to solve your financial needs or put the car in good shape for the driver to work wifh productively and effectively. You may end up using that upfront payment to solve problem when it enters your hands and from there problem start btw u and the driver.

This is not a tokunbo car by the way so what makes you think 50k will make it uber standard? No it wont. Even direct tok need a minimum of 150k to bring it up to standard let alone a 9ja used.

Best option is outright sale. Save yourself some stress.

No pampering, just the brutal honest truth... good advice

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 9:52am On Sep 11, 2021
Pearl1910 please what happens after I complete this bonus. Do I start earnings on a clean slate? I noticed that once I get the bonus the campaign is taken off.
Btw this thing is making me lazy. I don't feel like going anywhere beyond my area now
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thoollz: 10:08am On Sep 11, 2021
Coketols:
Please I need help, I have been trying to sign up as a new driver all week, and one Uche from bolt has kept on declining my documents.

My plastic drivers license is not ready so I've been using the JTB form temporarily, but Bolt has continued to reject the document, 3 times now.

I called them and they said I should upload it again, and it was still rejected few hours later.

Please is this how difficult it is for a new driver to sign up on BOLT?

Bro, wait till your plastic ID is ready, the jtb form is for law enforcement agents, the card is the valid ID, you can't use the form to process anything important.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 10:09am On Sep 11, 2021
Has Bolt awakened uber Naija the sleeping ride-hailing giant
Feli what is likely to be Bolt response.
Cheerfulgiver a data comparison needed.
Crvrider will you still remain loyal to indrive?
Good times ahead for drivers!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFEBARBIE: 10:14am On Sep 11, 2021
All hail king Uber!
BAZ001:
Guys I thought bolt said they would do 100% refunds ?
Two guys are trying to scam me, let me sound like that Drivers license guy that was scammed and still saying the scammer is genuine.
Took a package from a guy to his friend.
I have both numbers, one claims he will pay if the other doesn’t pay. Both not picking again
So I reported to bolt?

But see bolts reply, I don’t understand.

1. We would request you to always ensure that you collected the fare after the trip. ?

How?
..... i should fight rider, cause a scene or bring out my phone and record it

2. We would request you to wait for 7 days for the rider to make the payment and kindly let us know if the rider has not paid yet the outstanding fare in 7 days.
..... 7days ? I always forget to remind you in 7 days.

What happened to the 100% refund?
Na to dey fight dey go

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFEBARBIE: 10:22am On Sep 11, 2021
Uncle Jimi Disu grin
XGhost:

No na, me too I have my own kurube in my left pocket to decode that Kain tin.

In my experience guarantors hardly indemnify in the case of default. Or maybe it's the owners who don't pursue it. Anyhow, it mostly is a formality.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 10:32am On Sep 11, 2021
IFEBARBIE:
Uncle Jimi Disu grin

Lol... Your head de dia

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:41am On Sep 11, 2021
MoonlightDrive:
I'll keep the comparison until bolt responds. Those Mfkers would surely respond. Uber's case is damned if you do, damned if you don't. They've lost riders to bolt and indriver. As long as Nigeria is concerned, uber has lost the "giant" mantle.

I'm not interested in their offer. It's a distraction. For that offer to be valid, they have to find a way to attract riders back to their platform. Else, bringing drivers back in is an exercise in futility. Who dem go carry? Even the little surge will disappear. Long pickups will still be there. The offer will make sense if they advertise a package for riders that will be tempting enough for them to leave bolt and indriver, and come to them.

The current bonus bolt gives riders makes them happy. What has uber done to match that?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nickvanilla(m): 10:53am On Sep 11, 2021
Good Morning Pilots. How the hustle dey go? So I have officially been relegated to the league of the lazy drivers. Got a new job (8 to 5) so it's been difficult doing it along with this hustle. But it's all good.

Pilots taking trip to Lagos Island, you guys need to exercise caution oo. Especially if you don't know the area well. Yesterday morning while going to work, I took a destination trip to Lagos Island (I work in Ikoyi). I entered a street and these CBD boys were in front of me. One was waving a stick and the other started focusing his phone's camera on my plate number, probably for evidence.

I was already slowing down because they were directly in my path. Then my brain remembered one way, how I lost a huge sum of money to task force like 3 weeks ago. Omo! I just put my foot down on the pedal and started maneuvering. Turned left into one street and took the next right on full speed.

My riders were shouting. They didn't even understand what was going on. Eventually I escaped. So guys be careful. There are no signs whatsoever and Google maps is a bastard grin.

Wanted to go out today but I've opted to watch EPL. Something special is happening by 3PM today. wink

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 11:00am On Sep 11, 2021
nickvanilla:
Good Morning Pilots. How the hustle dey go? So I have officially been relegated to the league of the lazy drivers. Got a new job (8 to 5) so it's been difficult doing it along with this hustle. But it's all good.

Pilots taking trip to Lagos Island, you guys need to exercise caution oo. Especially if you don't know the area well. Yesterday morning while going to work, I took a destination trip to Lagos Island (I work in Ikoyi). I entered a street and these CBD boys were in front of me. One was waving a stick and the other started focusing his phone's camera on my plate number, probably for evidence.

I was already slowing down because they were directly in my path. Then my brain remembered one way, how I lost a huge sum of money to task force like 3 weeks ago. Omo! I just put my foot down on the pedal and started maneuvering. Turned left into one street and took the next right on full speed.

My riders were shouting. They didn't even understand what was going on. Eventually I escaped. So guys be careful. There are no signs whatsoever and Google maps is a bastard grin.

Wanted to go out today but I've opted to watch EPL. Something special is happening by 3PM today. wink

That something special no wan allow me work too... Been racking my brain on how to make today's target, watch that match and still pay back my sleep deficit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yommie007: 11:01am On Sep 11, 2021
Alert!!! Grade A tires for sale
215/55/16R
Date: 55/19
4 pcs uniform tires
Contact me fast if needed.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nexttpage(m): 11:02am On Sep 11, 2021
Good day to you all.
Does anyone knows if bolt services is operational in osun state?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:03am On Sep 11, 2021
I'm so happy for you.

God wey do that go add another soon.

Now, the abuse go change from "you've been driving for years and don't have a car of your own" to something else.

Dem no dey catch latecomers for success, today, you're now a car owner on the platform together with others, and overtaking is even allowed. I salute that you didn't let those words hit you.

More blessings and good luck to everyone of us.

Felicity001:

Haha... Abeg oh I need am o make I send my azza? grin it's just 62.4L capacitygrin

All the same thanks bro and thanks to all of you that send your good wishes God no go shame us.

We shall all achieve our goals and purpose in life.

Non here will be victim of circumstances!

Amen! Amen!! and Amen!!!

cc: peeps4u where u dey self

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:07am On Sep 11, 2021
MoonlightDrive:

Useless people. It was their 3% commission that made me stick to uber last year withiut even botheri g to complete bolt registration.

They over-rated themselves and stuck with 25% during and after covid even when bolt was doing 20%.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 11:09am On Sep 11, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
I'll keep the comparison until bolt responds. Those Mfkers would surely respond. Uber's case is damned if you do, damned if you don't. They've lost riders to bolt and indriver. As long as Nigeria is concerned, uber has lost the "giant" mantle.

I'm not interested in their offer. It's a distraction. For that offer to be valid, they have to find a way to attract riders back to their platform. Else, bringing drivers back in is an exercise in futility. Who dem go carry? Even the little surge will disappear. Long pickups will still be there. The offer will make sense if they advertise a package for riders that will be tempting enough for them to leave bolt and indriver, and come to them.

The current bonus bolt gives riders makes them happy. What has uber done to match that?

I've actually been doing quite a bit of Uber since Tuesday and I daresay it's not bad. Still getting back to back trips. Only downside is that I can't see destination, I'm presently on course to add 7k bonus there.
Combined, I should be able to do 200k this week.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4037) (4038) (4039) (4040) (4041) (4042) (4043) ... (5699) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.