Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,137 members, 7,835,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4568) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4817853 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4565) (4566) (4567) (4568) (4569) (4570) (4571) ... (5705) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 9:22am On Mar 30, 2022
Felicity001:

My dear learned colleague pls stop using the word Will. You do not know these guys, they can't be trusted at all.

Talking about Peter Obi, he's a better candidate among other PDP aspirants so I'd loved to see PDP hands over the flag to him to wave because he's the only Fmr. Gov without any question being raised after leaving office, he saves about 75b for Anambra state and brought the state up to speed, and was the best governor in Nigeria all through out his tenor. He's still young. Healthy and a successful business man.

But because of patrician politics I don't see PDP handling the presidential ticket to Obi because the weight he will be contesting with is heavier than him. The North won't vote for him, politics is a game of popularity and not competence. Since PDP is aiming at taking back power I'm very sure they'll project either Atiku or the othe Hausa guy (forgotten is name now) just to get the Northern vote.

Atiku is the only candidate I see has a chance against Tinubu.

PDP should come together to a consensus like they did in the last combo, ATIKUvsOBI ticket if not they'll lose again to the ruling party. And then Peter Obi can then come up after Atiku is done with his tenor.

Nigeria politics is very technical only a few can play. Mind you baba (Tinubu) is a guru in politics so he'll give PDP a run for their power.

All l can advise is that you vote based on track records, good past performance, any other reason is irrelevant, it’s the best criteria, if l were to employ you I’ll look at your references and experience, your successes it’s the way to go
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:34am On Mar 30, 2022
Ikoyi toll bridge.... Starts on 1st April. Will the old cards work? or it has to be a fresh application. Anyone with recent updates.

Modified : I just checked up their website. lcc.com.ng. I saw you can check your balance too. I checked now on the website quoting my 6 digit number, it shows I still have a balance with them. That means the card and account number are still valid.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:38am On Mar 30, 2022
Godfather10:

The Rider ought to have reported the matter to Bolt straight away, I sometimes don’t understand Riders in Nigeria, the enter vehicles without matching the drivers face with the face on the phone, they don’t look at colour of the vehicle they are about to enter, the registration no, neither do they sit in the back as they have been advised, by the e-hailing platform, they behave so differently to riders in developed countries , most of all they don’t assess drivers appropriate particularly badly behaving drivers, these assessment tools are put in place in order to maintain standards,
On my last trip to Abuja Airport, l remember my driver telling me to pay extra, because he may not get a return job, l told him l drive in London and when l drop a rider at the Airport, l don’t expect to always get a return trip, you win some you lose some, then the scallywag did not not switch on the Aircon, he why the Aircon was not switched on he said he was trying to save Petrol, riders in Nigeria want to win all the time,
At the end of my journey I gave the driver a one star and wrote a report abt how he harassed me for extra money and refused to put on his Aircon because he was trying to save on petrol, such kind of drivers are not fit to be on any platform, l later learnt from UBER he was blocked, both riders and drivers should report bad behaviours, it’s the way bad characters are weeded out and standards are maintained
Excuse me Sir, which matter?
grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by repairpalng: 9:52am On Mar 30, 2022
available
repairpalng:
NO DOWNTIME WITH YOUR PHONE ON UBER/BOLT: CONTACT US TO FIX YOUR PHONES (WE FIX ALL MODELS).... 08137013426...

Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei, Oukitel, Umidigi, Oukitel: WE FIX ANY PHONE ISSUE

Samsung S6 Follow Screen Replacement Wt Fixing (18K),,

Samsung S6 Edge Follow Screen Replacement Wt Fixing (20K) ,

Samsung S7 Follow Screen Replacement Wt Fixing (24K),

Samsung S7 Edge Follow Screen Replacement Wt Fixing (22K),

Samsung S8+ PLUS Follow Come Screen Replacement Wt Fixing (38K)

Samsung S8 Follow Come Screen Replacement Wt Fixing (32K)

Samsung S9 Follow Screen Replacement Wt Fixing (35K) - Wt Black Frame

Samsung S9+ Plus Follow Screen Replacement Wt Fixing (45K) - Wt Purple Frame

Samsung S10 Follow Screen Replacement Wt Fixing (55K)

Samsung Note 8 Follow Screen Replacement Wt Fixing (40K) - Wt Purple Frame

[/b]

Follow come used screens but with slight dots (DOT DOES NOT SPREAD AND SCREEN WORKS PERFECTLY)!!!!

Best market deals wt professionalism in fixing.

also avaiable S9, S9+, S10, NOTE 8, NOTE 9 ETC...

We also fix other
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:06am On Mar 30, 2022
davit:
This is what ehaling does to our cars. Had to change all sorts of bushings yesterday. The back beam had to be brought down. Just imagine. Car will be 1 year in Naija next month.

1st, this ur mechanic workshop fine ooh chai!! grin

na so me too revamped my front suspension last week Tuesday I spent 20k

2 Lower arm bushing 6k
Pressing and others 1k
Stabilizer linkage 3k
Gasing of 2 front shocks 4k (I free my mechanic to chop my eyes on that cos me I know say e no reach like dat)
Workmanship 3k
Bear n fish 1k grin

D job is no more profitable, in fact nothing is profitable again in Nigeria every where don burst.

APC has ruin Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:27am On Mar 30, 2022
komodapson:

Economic loss of the WC ticket is unquantifiable...

Ogbeni gbabe economic lost jorgrin how will that increase our GDP or reduce our current inflation or terrorism?

It's even good we didn't qualify so we can focus on our internal problems

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:44am On Mar 30, 2022
Godfather10:

All l can advise is that you vote based on track records, good past performance, any other reason is irrelevant, it’s the best criteria, if l were to employ you I’ll look at your references and experience, your successes it’s the way to go

Age plays a big role in Nigeria because our health and health system is nothing to write home about.

I remember when Buhari was contesting in 2014 he fell to the ground in one of his campaign tour across Nigeria, a few people called on the attention of the majority but they'll ignored and called it witch hunt. Even since that man entered that seat it has been one medical issue to another... There was a time he was absent for almost 1 whole year to medical issues.

Now, Tinubu is coming with shaking hands we are also failing to see the hand writing on the wall, it is until bandits kills a relative or child (God forbid) b4 you will know that it doesn't make sense to vote into power someone that's unhealthy?

I would have campaigned and vote for Tinubu had he been in his late 50s or early 60s because the man is one of the best politician Nigeria currently have but as we speak his age is the only old against him especially now that he's sick.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dTransporter: 11:22am On Mar 30, 2022
Felicity001:

2 Lower arm bushing 6k
Pressing and others 1k
Stabilizer linkage 3k
Gasing of 2 front shocks 4k (I free my mechanic to chop my eyes on that cos me I know say e no reach like dat)
Workmanship 3k
Bear n fish 1k grin

D job is no more profitable, in fact nothing is profitable again in Nigeria every where don burst.

APC has ruin Nigeria

Please, is it better to gas shocks or just to replace it? Which last longer biko?

My mechanic mention about gasing my shocks but wasn't sure since I dont know how that works.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 11:38am On Mar 30, 2022
SokizzRaven:

Prestige aside, a lot of riders, we move around cannot even afford our lifestyle or rather let me speak for myself ‘my lifestyle’. It’s the truth

Very true a lot of people in so called prestige jobs like Banking, Lecturers, Teaching earn far less then we do, our job also affords us a flexibility that other professions don’t have, Nov/Dec is also the month when we can raise enough money for new investment, if we plan.
In big or little things, let’s be thankful

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnchrix(m): 11:59am On Mar 30, 2022
SokizzRaven:

Prestige aside, a lot of riders, we move around cannot even afford our lifestyle or rather let me speak for myself ‘my lifestyle’. It’s the truth

No be lie as I broke I carry bolt yesterday 2300# the thing still de pain me till now.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 12:12pm On Mar 30, 2022
Bosses in the house, I am still in need of a car for rental contract.

Location; Alapere - ketu, Lagos.
Email; generalabtronics@yahoo.com
Phone number; 08122290407
I am a careful driver.
Guarantors are on ground.
Any other requirement will be provided.
I am ready for meet up, Lagos.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 12:14pm On Mar 30, 2022
Johnchrix:

No be lie as I broke I carry bolt yesterday 2300# the thing still de pain me till now.
Na here I learn from you people say, comfort comes with a price. grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by spartacus11(m): 12:16pm On Mar 30, 2022
U get to run this kind sweet deal for us here ohh

BAZ001:

Cheap cars dey ooh,
I got an offer of Corolla 2005 for $1,200 asking price from a Nigerian single mother, that just bought another car. I could have bought it for $1k but I never know my left from right.
It was a naija elderly man that bought it for $1,600 and he said he will send it home to his brother... for my mind Na Uber package be dt.

If I see any good deal later I go jump on am for the real hustlers here. But for now I be learner

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 12:25pm On Mar 30, 2022
Felicity001:

2 Lower arm bushing 6k
Pressing and others 1k
Stabilizer linkage 3k
Workmanship 3k
Bear n fish 1k grin

APC has ruin Nigeria
Lol. Na my house o.
I spent around 40k plus alone yesterday. Our roads are just damn terrible.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by spartacus11(m): 12:28pm On Mar 30, 2022
Congratulations Bro

knytred:

Lol…my main Gee @babadee,

I wasn’t going to post anything because I didn’t want to come off as bragging or boasting because I am not a regular contributor here but Babadee has forcefully convinced me by calling me out, that it’s actually a way of motivating my fellow comrades … I literally drove last in Jan so I am still one of you guys and will always be because the job actually thought me a lot . I focused more on the good sides that comes with the job, it took my self motivation and discipline to the next level …. From the first day I took my first trip I knew my target and goal , it took me exactly 2years and about 6months to achieve … the car was actually mine so it made it easier I won’t lie and I am not married ( even though some single guys Dey spend money pass married men o)but this shouldn’t be an excuse to any one who is on rental or is married it only means you need to work twice as hard…. I especially want to thank Babadee for the motivation , we literally woke ourselves up by 4am almost every day , would also advice you have a drive buddy to ginger you when you don’t feel like hitting the road or that can even help with other personal situations , all I can say is that na God run am, I only wished it and with hard work he perfected it .

I no won talk to much , bottom story is that I saved my money and relocated to further my education and seek greener pastures and God willing every thing go stew soon .

To my fellow comrades out day using this to survive and take care of their families or the ones who have their eyes set on something … I can only pray it comes to pass for you but remember na hard work and discipline is key, driving generally will frustrate you , if it’s not Lagos as a state , it’s rider or even bolt ( just like when they blocked me for four months ) but with God and perseverance you good to go.

Good luck �

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by spartacus11(m): 12:38pm On Mar 30, 2022
Keep pushing, one day road go clear. We go enter game soon no matter the set back or challenge

Glithronix:
And I also come to a conclusion that few people that are willing to give out cars for rental prefer drivers who already have driver's profiles with high ratings on the Uber/bolt platforms.

How do newbies like us now get a chance?

Once they hear say you are new on the Uber/bolt platforms like this, you're stylishly disqualified.

Na real hustlers wey know say na somewhere someone go start from fit consider coconut head newbie like us - with entry level. grin grin

We no go give up ni. smiley

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:58pm On Mar 30, 2022
dTransporter:

Please, is it better to gas shocks or just to replace it? Which last longer biko?

My mechanic mention about gasing my shocks but wasn't sure since I dont know how that works.

Una sabi me na I did an intensive and internship during my rental days with about 5-6 partners so I learnt a lot from owners partners, mechanics and from personal experience as a car owner as well before venturing into the business.

Dmechy have stated it here b4, most tok shocks are gassed. Remove yours your mechanic will pick them, gas them and sell to spare part dealers then they will sell it as tok back to you.

To me provided the iron in the shock itself is not bend, gassing is recommended, although, not every technicians know their onion well enough. Again, the genuine tok shock how guaranteed is it? Most of these parts are from buchered vehicles who can tell the state of it? So it's a 50:50 chance.

Getting a new and genuine shocks can break one's bank account or make one bankrupt or even run into dept. The China made parts are also not reliable. So if I can extend the life span pf my shocks by regassing b4 either selling the car or buying a genuine one why? The choice is yours to decide

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:31pm On Mar 30, 2022
Watch this guy's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne-TDvj3GUM

youtu.be/ne-TDvj3GUM

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 2:02pm On Mar 30, 2022
spartacus11:
Keep pushing, one day road go clear. We go enter game soon no matter the set back or challenge.

Massab:
Thanks for welcoming newbie like me.

I greet you bosses.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 30, 2022
davit:
This is what ehaling does to our cars. Had to change all sorts of bushings yesterday. The back beam had to be brought down. Just imagine. Car will be 1 year in Naija next month.
I am currently preparing my mind on how I’m going to spend about 80,000 naira fixing my AC. Oga Kazeem said I need a new compressor and condenser. My compressor overheats whenever I turn on my AC.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 2:48pm On Mar 30, 2022
Johnchrix:

Ha! Johnchrix don hammer bet9ja oooh guy come do give away abeggrin

Talk truth you use Bolt? Watin happen? No public motor where u dey?
Hmm... Na so shall small small things go change and get better keep the hope alive
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 2:49pm On Mar 30, 2022
Felicity001:

Una sabi me na I did an intensive and internship during my rental days with about 5-6 partners so I learnt a lot from owners partners, mechanics and from personal experience as a car owner as well before venturing into the business.

Dmechy have stated it here b4, most tok shocks are gassed. Remove yours your mechanic will pick them, gas them and sell to spare part dealers then they will sell it as tok back to you.

To me provided the iron in the shock itself is not bend, gassing is recommended, although, not every technicians know their onion well enough. Again, the genuine tok shock how guaranteed is it? Most of these parts are from buchered vehicles who can tell the state of it? So it's a 50:50 chance.

Getting a new and genuine shocks can break one's bank account or make one bankrupt or even run into dept. The China made parts are also not reliable. So if I can extend the life span pf my shocks by regassing b4 either selling the car or buying a genuine one why? The choice is yours to decide
I understand your point. I also did same yesterday. My hub was already making noise but not that loud. I asked the Turner to work on it instead of changing the bearings being that Na follow come. I can feel the difference already. Should last a bit longer before I change it eventually.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dTransporter: 3:25pm On Mar 30, 2022
Felicity001:

Thanks for the input man. Much appreciated!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 3:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
repairpalng:
available

How much to fix samsung J7 pro screen?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:42pm On Mar 30, 2022
davit:

Lol. Na my house o.
I spent around 40k plus alone yesterday. Our roads are just damn terrible.

Jesu! 40k??
Abeg do a list on the things you changed and cost price I need to check something

Be like na only Mondays, Fridays, Saturday's and Sundays I go dey work now make I use other days for myself, family and car. One has to device a means to stay afloat in this business after all I'm not paying rent.

I can't come n kill myself

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 3:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
northbird:
Ikoyi toll bridge.... Starts on 1st April. Will the old cards work? or it has to be a fresh application. Anyone with recent updates.

Modified : I just checked up their website. lcc.com.ng. I saw you can check your balance too. I checked now on the website quoting my 6 digit number, it shows I still have a balance with them. That means the card and account number are still valid.

I can’t believe they will just open the toll gate like that ?
No more opposition
The traffic will resume
The spending (toll fare ) will resume
They can’t even wait for 2yrs?

Make I wait to see reactions of Lagosians

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:46pm On Mar 30, 2022
Pearl1910:
Watch this guy's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne-TDvj3GUM

youtu.be/ne-TDvj3GUM

You should at least do a brief review for us to see if to watch or not. Data are very expensive these days so ine has to be mindful of the things they do on the internet

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:51pm On Mar 30, 2022
mrjaydee:

Dem dey fix screen?
grin

na big man u be o c phone wey u dey use

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 4:02pm On Mar 30, 2022
Felicity001:

Dem dey fix screen?
grin

na big man u be o c phone wey u dey use
grin u wan give me phone?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 4:08pm On Mar 30, 2022
knytred:

Lol…my main Gee @babadee,

I wasn’t going to post anything because I didn’t want to come off as bragging or boasting because I am not a regular contributor here but Babadee has forcefully convinced me by calling me out, that it’s actually a way of motivating my fellow comrades … I literally drove last in Jan so I am still one of you guys and will always be because the job actually thought me a lot . I focused more on the good sides that comes with the job, it took my self motivation and discipline to the next level …. From the first day I took my first trip I knew my target and goal , it took me exactly 2years and about 6months to achieve … the car was actually mine so it made it easier I won’t lie and I am not married ( even though some single guys Dey spend money pass married men o)but this shouldn’t be an excuse to any one who is on rental or is married it only means you need to work twice as hard…. I especially want to thank Babadee for the motivation , we literally woke ourselves up by 4am almost every day , would also advice you have a drive buddy to ginger you when you don’t feel like hitting the road or that can even help with other personal situations , all I can say is that na God run am, I only wished it and with hard work he perfected it .

I no won talk to much , bottom story is that I saved my money and relocated to further my education and seek greener pastures and God willing every thing go stew soon .

To my fellow comrades out day using this to survive and take care of their families or the ones who have their eyes set on something … I can only pray it comes to pass for you but remember na hard work and discipline is key, driving generally will frustrate you , if it’s not Lagos as a state , it’s rider or even bolt ( just like when they blocked me for four months ) but with God and perseverance you good to go.

Good luck �

This thing you guys keep doing is unfair. You deliberately discourage new drivers trying to come into this business with false and discouraging info about bolt and uber platforms. It's just too bad. You won't leave the business but you complain about commission being too much everyday. When I was gonna start the business last year, a lot of these comments almost pushed me out of the business. But today I can say that I am grateful that I didn't listen to all those trash. This is the only job I have for now and I am doing absolutely well for myself and family. Same as many other drivers out here. Please let's learn to be our brother's keepers. The sky is wide enough for all the birds to fly
#stopthefalsefeedback
Thanks

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by repairpalng: 4:10pm On Mar 30, 2022
mrjaydee:

15k and 25k screens are available
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:18pm On Mar 30, 2022
HernanCortes:

Truth hurts
Yeah I can see. It hurt you so much you resolved to name calling

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4565) (4566) (4567) (4568) (4569) (4570) (4571) ... (5705) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Doris4ever(m), lagusboyyy(m), Welz(m), FASASI1(m), Cineinfo(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.