Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,956 members, 7,838,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4721) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4824544 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4718) (4719) (4720) (4721) (4722) (4723) (4724) ... (5709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 6:45pm On Jun 02, 2022
Felicity001:

Ha! So sorry my reply is coming this late off course you know this is not a platform where one get instant response.

In case you haven't gotten any response to this just take the car to your mechanic let them bring down the shocks then they will take it to jankara to fill. But if you're DIY then take it to jankara after bringing down take it to jankara those guys will approach you when you get there then tell them what you need
does this gasing of shocks works well? And is it only jankanra
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by microlincoln: 6:48pm On Jun 02, 2022
Omoexxx...... Inspection don turn war now o. They no wan even see little scratch or below-par vehicle condition. They bounce like 3 guys before me o shocked

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 7:14pm On Jun 02, 2022
Felicity001:

How is your rental going bro I hope well

Still at painter's shop. Painter said he can't start painting until Saturday and will be ready on Monday. Owner was supposed to take it there since last Saturday but he and painter had price issues. It was resolved and he said till Saturday again. I just have to wait since I'm not the one paying and owner said he wants to complete all jobs before handing it over to me.
( He fixed all the shocks and hubs and some minor things last month. Hopefully by Tuesday I should have the car) Thanks for asking.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 7:33pm On Jun 02, 2022
Y uber dey do over sabi? My car papers expired today dem don block me since day before yesterday, I go bio today now dem say i go need go alausa office for car inspection on d 14th before my certificate will be issued..dont know vio now do inspection before issuing documents now cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 7:42pm On Jun 02, 2022
Gluck4cars:

And you forgot the most important advice..."don't drag road with any body ooh e get why"
Okay, we are watching you grin

Thanks bro... Na experience dey talk cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stephenponti(m): 11:32pm On Jun 02, 2022
eyinola:
Y uber dey do over sabi? My car papers expired today dem don block me since day before yesterday, I go bio today now dem say i go need go alausa office for car inspection on d 14th before my certificate will be issued..dont know vio now do inspection before issuing documents now cool

Make sure all your lights, breaks, hand break, shocks tyrod, bolt joint, power steering etc are perfect otherwise you will go the inspection several times as they will send you to go fix them and come next day. They have computerised systems that test all these.
U don't need to go on 14th as they stated, go there any day as early as 4:30 and pick up a number in queue.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stephenponti(m): 11:49pm On Jun 02, 2022
sean0190:

Thanks for the enlightenment, I sure knows I'll get a help her ..your're awesome bro..�

As to getting all papers updated, i bought the car last year from a logistics company and all the papers still carries their company's Name, I have renewed the papers once but yet to do the Change of Ownership. Police officers had stopped me on different occasions and have collected monies from me. I've up till date been avoiding them on my ways. I'd not have money to do the change of ownership for now. What's the best advice you could possibly give on the issue of th change of ownership now that I intend to register for Uber. Anybody with a helpful advice please.

if you have no money to do change of ownership register it with the previous owner name. in fact once you register with uber Police will likely not disturb you once they stop you and you say, 'i am an uber driver'.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 6:05am On Jun 03, 2022
Conner44:

lol grin even the latest corolla with bulletproof window no go fit jam that your Mercedes’ benz shift comot for road oh

You want make the corolla engine, fender and gearbox press like toast bread abi?

I dey tell youcheesy Corolla is just too soft for my liking. How can one be afraid to park his car in a public or crowded place just because of the fear of people relaxing on it and the next thing the body compresses inside? How na!

My car if you like seat on it or let a kid jump on it it will still remain as it it, body is so strong

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 6:09am On Jun 03, 2022
realgideon:
Good day everyone please what should I look out for when buying a Nigerian used car for e-hailing business

I can assist you at a little token
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by realgideon(m): 6:33am On Jun 03, 2022
[quote author=Felicity001 post=113420502]

How can I contact you?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 6:43am On Jun 03, 2022
Pearl1910:

Readadream wey dey claim LazyD. Sleeping in d house and selecting trips like beans till better one enter. Is renting 35k shocked and still saved up to buy Benz. Issorite...
Make una dey fear God wen discouraging other people from joining u guys to enjoy o.

Why won't he select trips abi you want him to kill partners car and waste all his energy, time and money on fuel for useless N5, N500 trips?

This hustle requires Technics, experience and good knowledge to succeed and its not meant for everybody so we need to tell people what to expect b4 they pee on their bosses head so they won't say nobody told them.

Just imagine now, all through last month I've spent over a 100k on car maintenance from fuel pump to suspension, to turbo charger, to ac, to tire, alignment & wheel balancing to replacing of door and painting. Serving will soon be due... When I sit down to calculate how much did I made out from the job in one month that I'll have to spend that much?

Yes you'll say, sabi I don dey use the car make money all these while, true... But the truth is there are many other business people can venture into that won't wreck their asset, or take 12hrs of their time, stress, and endanger their health like ehailing only that we that have already into it can't easily retrieve or retrace out track so we just have to keep pushing because we have gain ground, gather experience and have some good customer base so it will be easier for us to add more cars to our fleet or buy a car and drop rental or own a car through HP. But for New comers how long can their strength take them among all these hardships, estortions and all that?

Okay just Sunday/Monday morning around 1am midnight I'd paid to LASMA N5,500 for waiting at entrance 2 exit at ICM on a Sunday o around 11am... What is LASMA doing outside at that hour of the day in the week? Ask yourself that question.

The other incident, a client called around 12mid night to go pick up his wife at Maza Maza who just returned from Ghana... Due to the hurriness and security issues I hate slowing down while driving at night because you can be intercepted by anyone we all know that the lane for cars along the super, Ile-Epo market side is very bad so I decided to use the brt corridor then join back after Ile-Epo this was few minutes past 1am, to my greatest surprise these mobile police officers where they arresting Uber drivers and other car users, that was how they blocked me... Took almost 2hrs of my time to beg them b4 they accepted 7k.
That's making a total of 12.5k all within 24hrs.

This is an experience person sharing this experience oh not a newbie... So stop saying things like we're discouraging people from joining the hustle as if ehailing is the only best thing after slice breadcheesy

No one is discouraging anyone we are only telling them of the reality on ground.

To make money in this hustle you'll have to deprive yourself of a lot of pleasures and sacrifice more than 12hrs of your time daily and most importantly you'll need a good and reliable car that won't keep you at the mechanic workshop all the time because this will break you and take most of your productive and profitable time, but if you look well a newbie can grow better in other line business with less time dedicated to another business.

The only advantage transportation business as is it's instant inflow of cash but you've to bare at the back of your mind that it's[b] NO WORK NO PAY

[/b]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 6:47am On Jun 03, 2022
eyinola:
does this gasing of shocks works well? And is it only jankanra

It works oh... But you have to be very sure the mechanic do it because I just found out my mechanic just collected the money without doing any work on the shocks I'd to take it myself to refill 2days ago and I can tell the difference now.

But one thing, make sure the shock rod is not bend provided it's still okay just gas it up.

They don't almost every where, jankara, ladipo, Trinity, oyingbo, alagutun, alimosho road at ipaja
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 6:51am On Jun 03, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:

Still at painter's shop. Painter said he can't start painting until Saturday and will be ready on Monday. Owner was supposed to take it there since last Saturday but he and painter had price issues. It was resolved and he said till Saturday again. I just have to wait since I'm not the one paying and owner said he wants to complete all jobs before handing it over to me.
( He fixed all the shocks and hubs and some minor things last month. Hopefully by Tuesday I should have the car) Thanks for asking.

I waited 3 months for Dru's civic cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 6:54am On Jun 03, 2022
[quote author=realgideon post=113420928][/quote]

WhatsApp
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 7:20am On Jun 03, 2022
ReadaDream:
Appreciation goes to @felicity0001 for his help in the acquisition of my car.

It wasn't an easy task, from Ikotun to Ibadan and back to Ikorodu.
I have been successfully initiated into the Benz family.
You're blessed, brother. cheesy
Much respect, boss.

Abeg which side for ikorodu you dey live wey you have confidence to buy MB? lipsrsealed
I am looking for an apartment and my babe prefers ikorodu, and my own fear is majorly that bad roads that leads to every street in ikorodu for God's sake. lipsrsealed
As per say na car person go dey use enter house. Fear of wear and tear, shock, etc. embarassed
I got an offer of 2 bedroom flat for 300k (rent only) , but the road of that area is giving me headache. lipsrsealed
Which side in ikorodu get good street road, make una help person.
Mini flat for standard areas here is killing for an upcoming like me, and guyman want relocate. sad
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 7:25am On Jun 03, 2022
microlincoln:
Did they set loose unruly and bad riders yesterday?

Imagine a rider asking me to park and pick her on brt bus station tongue another was waving at me from the middle (that pavement demarcation) of an express way undecided another calling from inside a thick market where okada no fit enter talkless of a car..... So many book and cancel too....And so on and so fort

Driver's score don suffer like this sad sad
Kikikikiki grin
You never see anything. grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 7:33am On Jun 03, 2022
Olayetan:
Nigerians are so impatient, how do you guys handle riders that are so impatient, imagine getting an order of 8mins pickup but rider is already disturbing you with calls and text in less than 3mins and shouting where are you and why is it taking long as if you will fly to them. This is really annoying.
Anytime I get a ride request that's more than 4 mins, I park immediately after accepting the order and place a call to the rider. I will tell him/her my location and the time it will take to get to his/her PUP, eg. Gm, I'm at pako bus stop, the map says 8 mins to get to you, should I start coming?
Majority of them will affirm it then I hit the road to their PUP immediately. Once I arrive, I call them again.
This is how I do mine, I don't know how you do yours oh.
Much respect, boss.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 7:40am On Jun 03, 2022
pope191:

3 whole mins? The rider try... you never meet are you here after seconds of booking before grin
This one dey annoy me, I swear. grin
Some don't wait for a sec, once you accept thier ride request like this, you will see their calls immediately within a sec. I will be like ahhhh, shey this ones put their app on automatic call ni? grin
Na this type dey vex me pass. You go know say they don order tire and mybe drivers been cancelling their orders. grin
Me I no go kuku pick am immediately, I go let it ring for like 15-20 secs before I pick. Imagine me driving on highway or where drunk and crazy Lagos drivers and okada dey drag road and ready to bash you, and you expect me to pick your call like that? rara oooh. I go find where is good to pick your call, or make I position myself well.
I need to go get a wireless earpiece for this.
Some riders ehhhn. grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dailyparrot: 7:49am On Jun 03, 2022
Who noticed it's more difficult to earn 10k in this business than to earn 20k? Like, you will drive from 8am to 1pm and yet your gross earning is 8700. But once you cross that 10k margin, you will not even know when you get to 20k and above undecided

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dailyparrot: 7:53am On Jun 03, 2022
Regarding the airport parking fee, it's never the driver's fault. That's a glitch from Bolt. It has happened to me twice.

One was the day a rider was going to Airport Road. The map erroneously took us to MM1 but that wasn't their destination. We then went to MM2. At the end of the trip, Bolt added the parking fee for both MM1 and MM2 (500 naira and 650 naira respectively). It was like a 3.0x surge for me. I'm surprised the rider paid without complaining.

For the person saying the driver might have started the trip at the airport, that's false. I started this trip far away from the airport.

I have passed through the airport road many times and it hasn't happened again. So, it's an error that happens sometimes.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:55am On Jun 03, 2022
ncnerio:

Just tell Dru to buy U like 4 or 5 to last you the year. In my case i tell am 6 but na 4 he fit get my at the time. Was for a mazda jeep which original kinda scarce here at the time

I actually didn't think of this.

Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 8:07am On Jun 03, 2022
Felicity001:

Why won't he select trips abi you want him to kill partners car and waste all his energy, time and money on fuel for useless N5, N500 trips?

This hustle requires Technics, experience and good knowledge to succeed and its not meant for everybody so we need to tell people what to expect b4 they pee on their bosses head so they won't say nobody told them.

Just imagine now, all through last month I've spent over a 100k on car maintenance from fuel pump to suspension, to turbo charger, to ac, to tire, alignment & wheel balancing to replacing of door and painting. Serving will soon be due... When I sit down to calculate how much did I made out from the job in one month that I'll have to spend that much?

Yes you'll say, sabi I don dey use the car make money all these while, true... But the truth is there are many other business people can venture into that won't wreck their asset, or take 12hrs of their time, stress, and endanger their health like ehailing only that we that have already into it can't easily retrieve or retrace out track so we just have to keep pushing because we have gain ground, gather experience and have some good customer base so it will be easier for us to add more cars to our fleet or buy a car and drop rental or own a car through HP. But for New comers how long can their strength take them among all these hardships, estortions and all that?

Okay just Sunday/Monday morning around 1am midnight I'd paid to LASMA N5,500 for waiting at entrance 2 exit at ICM on a Sunday o around 11am... What is LASMA doing outside at that hour of the day in the week? Ask yourself that question.

The other incident, a client called around 12mid night to go pick up his wife at Maza Maza who just returned from Ghana... Due to the hurriness and security issues I hate slowing down while driving at night because you can be intercepted by anyone we all know that the lane for cars along the super, Ile-Epo market side is very bad so I decided to use the brt corridor then join back after Ile-Epo this was few minutes past 1am, to my greatest surprise these mobile police officers where they arresting Uber drivers and other car users, that was how they blocked me... Took almost 2hrs of my time to beg them b4 they accepted 7k.
That's making a total of 12.5k all within 24hrs.

This is an experience person sharing this experience oh not a newbie... So stop saying things like we're discouraging people from joining the hustle as if ehailing is the only best thing after slice breadcheesy

No one is discouraging anyone we are only telling them of the reality on ground.

To make money in this hustle you'll have to deprive yourself of a lot of pleasures and sacrifice more than 12hrs of your time daily and most importantly you'll need a good and reliable car that won't keep you at the mechanic workshop all the time because this will break you and take most of your productive and profitable time, but if you look well a newbie can grow better in other line business with less time dedicated to another business.

The only advantage transportation business as is it's instant inflow of cash but you've to bare at the back of your mind that it's[b] NO WORK NO PAY

[/b]

The reliability of this your Benz self na scam. The matrix I bought last year October, I never spend reach 50k on maintenance in 8 months of usage. This is a vehicle on rentals that I can't even control how the driver uses it unlike yours that you drive yourself and must have driven carefully.

Lesson to everybody. If you must invest in ehaling especially if it's rentals, get the right tool for the job. If the right tool is too expensive, look for another business. Imagine if this Felicity's car was on rentals. The owner of the car would have sold it off

PS: By maintenance, I'm referring to maintenance outside of oil changes and cost of labour

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 8:17am On Jun 03, 2022
Below is the total cost of maintenance in 8 months

Horn relay 500
Brake pad 4000
Control arm 9000
Ball joint 6000
Engine seats 11000
Tires 14000

Total N44,500

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cakkie(m): 9:30am On Jun 03, 2022
Good morning house

Pls any Ogun resident should kindly quote this post. Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:41am On Jun 03, 2022
stephenponti:

Make sure all your lights, breaks, hand break, shocks tyrod, bolt joint, power steering etc are perfect otherwise you will go the inspection several times as they will send you to go fix them and come next day. They have computerised systems that test all these.
U don't need to go on 14th as they stated, go there any day as early as 4:30 and pick up a number in queue.

Forget computerized systems, that's all hype. Which computer system will read a Danfo Faragon or an LT.

You mean they have a system that could take readings of the suspension of a car. That's really incredible.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by STONEUS: 10:26am On Jun 03, 2022
Please, is it possible to go for bolt inspection without the road worthiness yet?

Also, for the VIO inspection, can I go there before the scheduled date on the note?

Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 10:35am On Jun 03, 2022
microlincoln:
Omoexxx...... Inspection don turn war now o. They no wan even see little scratch or below-par vehicle condition. They bounce like 3 guys before me o shocked

Take it to the bank, very soon una go dey write IELTs and submit CVs
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 10:41am On Jun 03, 2022
Be Cautious and obtain a detailed vehicle history report from computerglobal which can reveal many hidden problems from a vehicle’s past, including flood titles,recalls and more, and also will indicate if a vehicle has been registered in at-risk areas during flood and hurricane seasons.....
Consumers could end up saving a great deal of time and money in repairing damages that were unbeknownst to them with they made the purchase. ..
Tested and Trusted Service..

Contact us on Whats-app now 08060365068 for Instant Vehicle History Report & Custom Duty verification

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stephenponti(m): 10:43am On Jun 03, 2022
northbird:

Forget computerized systems, that's all hype. Which computer system will read a Danfo Faragon or an LT.

You mean they have a system that could take readings of the suspension of a car. That's really incredible.

Exactly! dont doubt it. They ll climb 4 vibraing pedal and activate the vibration thereby stimulating road bumps while the computer records the data and then will pass or fail based on the collected data.

The same applies to brake pressure there is a rolling pipe they will climb with the car and engage the roller thereby stimulating movement and suddenly apply the brake and the computer will monitor the pressure of the brake. the same applies to hand break.
97% of danfo in Lagos has no active licence.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by STONEUS: 10:46am On Jun 03, 2022
stephenponti:

Exactly! dont doubt it. They ll climb 4 vibraing pedal and activate the vibration thereby stimulating road bumps while the computer records the data and then will pass or fail based on the collected data.

The same applies to brake pressure there is a rolling pipe they will climb with the car and engage the roller thereby stimulating movement and suddenly apply the brake and the computer will monitor the pressure of the brake. the same applies to hand break.
97% of danfo in Lagos has no active licence.

Biko, can I go for the inspection before the scheduled date?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 10:52am On Jun 03, 2022
stephenponti:

na wa oooo even reach shocks and ball joint grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (4718) (4719) (4720) (4721) (4722) (4723) (4724) ... (5709) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: donfortune48(m), Itsrm(m), Djdamian(m), Kaymaxi2222(m), northbird and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.