Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5066) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4748329 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5063) (5064) (5065) (5066) (5067) (5068) (5069) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by KnowOriginal: 10:40am On Nov 20, 2022
Hi guys!

I intend to come into the e-hailing business as an investor partner. I intend to do just hire purchase for obvious reasons. But I have a few areas I really need clarifications on:

- what brand, model and year of car is best for this business
- how much should payments be?
- how often should payments be for?
- how long is best for the duration of the contract to be?
- what could I do if the driver defaults?

Please, I will also appreciate other helpful tips. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 10:42am On Nov 20, 2022
Female riders na wahala.... Some of them Sha. Whatever treatment they get, they deserve it. It is 'genderically'(fear my English grin) abuse to men whenever they are allowed to get away with their madness.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:31am On Nov 20, 2022
Eyinola1:
even if she slaps me I should be looking because she's a woman angry age is just a number ooo but how would u feel if a girl u r sure of taking abt 15 years to senior misbehaving to u on top ur car, on a norm I dey leave 100/200 for rider same way some riders leave their change for me but this girl was so rude and proving she's on her right that that how she did to the last driver to took her to the island dat she only pays what she gets while booking, some drivers mumu na wetin dey cause nonsense for this hustle, if I told rider i can't carry their heavy loads they wil say no be driver like u brought us here grin

I suspected she was rude and disrespectful that's why u served her, cos I know you are a gentleman.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ekeoma3650(m): 11:35am On Nov 20, 2022
73O9:

My advice to you when you wanted to start was to stay with bolt, driving on Sundays should be guaranteed with enough sugre to boost your earnings. Try this and see the difference.

And by the way, why don't you want to use bolt?

Am yet to go for inspection.. Inspection na within the week and I do go to work...

No bolt inspection site dey around VI wia my office dey
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cobresal(m): 12:56pm On Nov 20, 2022
Hello chiefs,
Please how favourable it is for someone that lives in the inner parts of ikorodu as a driver?

I intend to partake fully in the December surge prices and hope to be done by 3pm in order to beat the traffic.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 1:22pm On Nov 20, 2022
Cobresal:
Hello chiefs,
Please how favourable it is for someone that lives in the inner parts of ikorodu as a driver?

I intend topartake fully in the December surge prices and hope to be done by 3pm in order to beat the traffic.

Can you wake early daily? , as early as 4.30am. To beat the ikorodu traffic,

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentleswift(m): 2:10pm On Nov 20, 2022
Pearl1910:

Gentleswift...Gentlechika... The only way people make money is earn it, beg for it or steal it.
In ur case u don't earn a living that's why u see people who are working as slaves.
So it's save to conclude u r either a beggar or a thief. I rise.
lol, kettle calling pot black. All the best!

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 5:26pm On Nov 20, 2022
Beware ! Beware !

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 6:07pm On Nov 20, 2022
IFSHR:
Beware ! Beware !

A short sighted policy. It will soon be reversed,

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cobresal(m): 6:13pm On Nov 20, 2022
northbird:

Can you wake early daily? , as early as 4.30am. To beat the ikorodu traffic,

Will have to try. Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:25pm On Nov 20, 2022
MoonlightDrive:

A short sighted policy. It will soon be reversed,

Very short sighted for drivers going to Oniru anyway. It's like asking me to go there now. I can't even remember the last time I took trip to that beach.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:29pm On Nov 20, 2022
Gentleswift:
lol, kettle calling pot black. All the best!

Oh...so u r a thief and u think I am like u.
Lolz grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by easytig(m): 6:46pm On Nov 20, 2022
A Lebanese where I worked before In engineering close viictoria island told me that Blacks are their own worst enemies,he told me how his company wanted to increase weekly wages of workers only for the Nigerian executives in the company to kick vehemently against it.saying if the wage is small the workers should resign.and that they will bring in new workers.envy and jealousy is the black man Achilles heels.
I'm glad indrive and bolt is not the brainchild of a blackman if not, the commission wey we go dey pay ehn.fit reach 50 percent.lagride how far now,yeye Lagos state government dey shook their yeye eyes for our biz, instead of them to fix internal roads within the metropolis.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lapazi(m): 6:53pm On Nov 20, 2022
Ayrastarr:

Thank you
Pls what app does one use to hail the ride?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by easytig(m): 7:02pm On Nov 20, 2022
Oniru beach wan turn to airport ni,sup with the yeye rules,I don't blame them,na hunger ABI na sapa dey cause am , me I will carry anybody wherever and whenever I feel like ,lemme see dem do Thier worst I kuku get enough backup for DSS,so no shaking
IFSHR:
Beware ! Beware !

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:12pm On Nov 20, 2022
Cobresal:

Will have to try. Thanks.
That is the mop for fat dashboards. They have an early start. By the time some drivers are still having breakfast before setting out, such early starters have clocked in some hours already.
On the other hand, you can do "one day on one day off" to assess your endurance level..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by easytig(m): 7:30pm On Nov 20, 2022
Hmmm,last week vio stopped me at iponri demanded for rwc ,I gave them my photocopy ,they told me it's has expired,I told them it was just the previous day it expired,only God know if na JuJu dem use sha,they told me to off engine and come down,I sense danger cos these guys are very cunny and wicked.i quickly wound up and central lock my car.then I noticed another officer fiddling with something below my booth thru my rear mirror.all of a sudden the officer yanked my plate number off.i was alarmed immediately, I put my car in reverse and zoomed off then I entered national stadium parked my car and took the next korope to the scene where it happened,I demanded for my plate number back ,they refused to give it back,wow such effontery.i quickly stored the officer name who yanked my plate number in my head.then I quickly went to renew my rwc.then i put a call through to their head office at Berger,I explained all that happened to the engineer who picked the call,told him the name of the officer,he told me to come to Berger before 9 the next day.gbam I met the officer in mufti with my plate number in his hands.dude was so downcast,the fool said I hit him with my car,he even wrap plaster on his legs.the engineer said I should apologize for hitting him with my car,I did, though he was lying,then he said I should collect my plate number and go,lol.this idiot officer wrote expired rwc and dangerous driving on the rwc photocopy I gave them at the scene.the fool wan use me do Xmas lol
Pearl1910:
Reports have come in of a fake RRS/Task force Squad who in the guise of effecting an arrest and car impound, steal the car and leave no trace.
Don't allow anybody take possession of your car and drive off telling you to come to station or lastma office without u in d car. U either drive to d station or be a passenger or worse case resist till they use a towing van with u inside.
I think this is part of why Lasg has banned lastma from arresting motorists.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by RuneKingThor: 8:39pm On Nov 20, 2022
easytig:
Hmmm,last week vio stopped me at iponri demanded for rwc ,I gave them my photocopy ,they told me it's has expired,I told them it was just the previous day it expired,only God know if na JuJu dem use sha,they told me to off engine and come down,I sense danger cos these guys are very cunny and wicked.i quickly wound up and central lock my car.then I noticed another officer fiddling with something below my booth thru my rear mirror.all of a sudden the officer yanked my plate number off.i was alarmed immediately, I put my car in reverse and zoomed off then I entered national stadium parked my car and took the next korope to the scene where it happened,I demanded for my plate number back ,they refused to give it back,wow such effontery.i quickly stored the officer name who yanked my plate number in my head.then I quickly went to renew my rwc.then i put a call through to their head office at Berger,I explained all that happened to the engineer who picked the call,told him the name of the officer,he told me to come to Berger before 9 the next day.gbam I met the officer in mufti with my plate number in his hands.dude was so downcast,the fool said I hit him with my car,he even wrap plaster on his legs.the engineer said I should apologize for hitting him with my car,I did, though he was lying,then he said I should collect my plate number and go,lol.this idiot officer wrote expired rwc and dangerous driving on the rwc photocopy I gave them at the scene.the fool wan use me do Xmas lol
Chai imagine. Driving in Lagos is getting more annoying.

Please guys, can someone send the list of offences and the fees attached. I need to have it as I intend hitting the roads soon.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 8:51pm On Nov 20, 2022
ojeysky:

My brother I tire for people casting Murano, a toks that I have for sale drives fantastically well but people are just scared of the car for unknown reason

It's bad publicity, plus those cars are not cars that can be abused like Toyota. They need serious care and rapt attention to details,but they are good cars.

You will get a buyer but it may take sometime plus at a cheap rate. How much are you willing to sell it?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 8:55pm On Nov 20, 2022
tobisunday:
Please check this out guys it's a distress sale.
Selling to the highest bidder.

https://www.nairaland.com/7438831/honda-accord-07-sale-distress

You cleared the post. I also tried calling you but the number I have is no longer available both on WhatsApp and normal call. Whatsoever it is, I pray you get help as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ojeysky(m): 9:48pm On Nov 20, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:

It's bad publicity, plus those cars are not cars that can be abused like Toyota. They need serious care and rapt attention to details,but they are good cars.

You will get a buyer but it may take sometime plus at a cheap rate. How much are you willing to sell it?

You can check my profile for price. However you can still reach out and we talk about further slight discount 080 35 23 3535
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 10:32pm On Nov 20, 2022
ojeysky:

You can check my profile for price. However you can still reach out and we talk about further slight discount 080 35 23 3535

Are you sure it's there?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ojeysky(m): 11:08pm On Nov 20, 2022
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ariesbull: 11:59pm On Nov 20, 2022
ojeysky:

My brother I tire for people casting Murano, a toks that I have for sale drives fantastically well but people are just scared of the car for unknown reason

Murano is a terrible car... My friend bought it years ago and he was on his way gone when he bought the car from dealer the gear packed up... He spent over 500k

Murano uses a CVT gear and it is rubber instead of chian.. And this rubber cuts easily when it is in high use....then you have to condemn the gear

Murano and all these Nissan that uses a CVT gear are trash
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dailyparrot: 2:00am On Nov 21, 2022
ojeysky:

https://www.nairaland.com/7287097/flash-sale-clean-toks-nissan

And you even put the price at 3 million? grin cheesy

You go find buyer quickly grin grin

This is a car people were buying 500k that year after e don cast.

And you rejected a 2 million naira cash offer?

Happy selling
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 2:31am On Nov 21, 2022
ariesbull:

Murano is a terrible car... My friend bought it years ago and he was on his way gone when he bought the car from dealer the gear packed up... He spent over 500k

Murano uses a CVT gear and it is rubber instead of chian.. And this rubber cuts easily when it is in high use....then you have to condemn the gear

Murano and all these Nissan that uses a CVT gear are trash

Standard Auto Transmission has been around for a long time, CVT is a newer technology. There's still a lot of improvement being Made on it but sincerely it's not bad at all. You just need to adhere strictly to maintenance guides. Plus mechanic's around here are yet to understand it. I'll fault Nissan for adopting it too early though (I won't blame them much because they were running bankrupt at a time and they needed cheaper technologies. The CVT seems perfect but ever since they started using it,vtheir brand took a serious nosedive) they should have started by testing on some models but they put it in all their brands at once. Toyota is wise in that aspect, not until recently before you can see it on selected few Toyota brands and not their major brands at that.

But are CVTs now as bad as people depict? No! Adhere strictly to manufacturer's rules and you'd be fine.

The Murano your friend bought was obviously abused before he bought it.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 2:35am On Nov 21, 2022
ojeysky:

https://www.nairaland.com/7287097/flash-sale-clean-toks-nissan

You'd hardly get a buyer easily at that price. If I have 700k today, I'd get a Nigerian used one. Check Jiji to confirm.
Come down on the price and you'll find a buyer. Does you own already have an external coolant installedbon the transmission?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 2:37am On Nov 21, 2022
kalex0:
Please can I use this particular car for this ehailing business?

What year is this? Are you buying or you have it already?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 2:57am On Nov 21, 2022
KnowOriginal:
Hi guys!

I intend to come into the e-hailing business as an investor partner. I intend to do just hire purchase for obvious reasons. But I have a few areas I really need clarifications on:

- what brand, model and year of car is best for this business
- how much should payments be?
- how often should payments be for?
- how long is best for the duration of the contract to be?
- what could I do if the driver defaults?

Please, I will also appreciate other helpful tips. Thanks

Best Brand - Toyota Corolla/Matrix
(But those cars are nothing less than 3m for tokunbo at present and there are lots of abused Nigerian used out there. It's also not advisable you invest more than 1.5m to 2m maximum in the biz at the moment so that you can get your money back with interest on time) For me infact, 2m is too much.
But there are other brands you can buy that will do just fine even as Nigerian used.

- Standard Payments at the moment is between 25k to 35k weekly depending on your agreement with driver

- maximum of 2 years duration. It could go for 3 or 4 years but the earlier the better. (moove does 4 years on their corollas and suzukis)

- you'll have a written agreement with your driver and you'll know his house. He will also supply one or two guarantors. If he defaults twice or thrice consecutively, you take your car back. You can also have a tracker installed to make retrieval easy.

Also, note one of the key ingredients of the business is a good car. Once you buy a bad car, forget it there will be problems. There are car purchase and ehailing experts on the platform like Felicity and Pearl. They can advise you. Infact for a fee, Felicity can help you to source a very solid car.

Other brands that are suitable apart from Toyota Corolla/Matrix

2007 Honda Civic
2007 Kia Rio
2007 Hyundai Elantra
2004 Benz C230kompressor/C180/C200
2005 Volvo S40/S60
2005 Toyota Camry (minimum of 2m budget to get a good one)
2006 Skoda Octavia

I sent you a PM. Let's talk, probably you can be my sponsor. I have a proposal for you.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Youngbless199: 7:02am On Nov 21, 2022
Please I really want a sienna on hire purchase
My number 09035854738
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ariesbull: 7:36am On Nov 21, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:

Standard Auto Transmission has been around for a long time, CVT is a newer technology. There's still a lot of improvement being Made on it but sincerely it's not bad at all. You just need to adhere strictly to maintenance guides. Plus mechanic's around here are yet to understand it. I'll fault Nissan for adopting it too early though (I won't blame them much because they were running bankrupt at a time and they needed cheaper technologies. The CVT seems perfect but ever since they started using it,vtheir brand took a serious nosedive) they should have started by testing on some models but they put it in all their brands at once. Toyota is wise in that aspect, not until recently before you can see it on selected few Toyota brands and not their major brands at that.

But are CVTs now as bad as people depict? No! Adhere strictly to manufacturer's rules and you'd be fine.

The Murano your friend bought was obviously abused before he bought it.
oga CVT is a terrible gear the only advantage is that it saves fuel...

You can't compare runner with chain in terms of strengths... CVT gears are not durable. The cost of changing transmission is high and that is why Nissan cars aren't attractive.... If you want a rest of mind... Run from thag Murano, FX 35 ", Nissan Rogue etc...

Those cars with rubber in there gears will pack up and trust me might not do 100, 000 Km without rebuilding....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abefeabebi(m): 8:40am On Nov 21, 2022
Pls house,how much is back hub for Corolla03 and where can I get it.am around isheri magodo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5063) (5064) (5065) (5066) (5067) (5068) (5069) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.