Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,931 members, 7,828,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (677) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4798484 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) ... (5699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Opeexclusive04(m): 8:14pm On Apr 30, 2018
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Enyinne(f): 8:26pm On Apr 30, 2018
Must everything in naija be about rally and strike .So point can't be made without those tools.If ur not satisfied with the company apps,u can create ur own platform and render cheaper services.We need competition in this biz so as to get better deals .
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:30pm On Apr 30, 2018
There will never ever be an e-hailing union, there will always be hungry drivers and opportunists waiting for surge created by industrial action.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kneo: 8:39pm On Apr 30, 2018
I don't subscribe to the idea of e-hailing union. I don't need any baba-union springing up in any disguise and stipulating monthly dues, union stickers, union chairman, union meeting, union this union that. Pls no union. The various WhatsApp groups are enough for drivers to agree or disagree on any matter

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 30, 2018
Stealth100:

Scared? Lol

The truth is no one knows which turn this business might take in 5yrs time. There is no statistics or data to make a forecast with. We are all at the mercy of the e-hailing coys. They don't release any sort of data to guide partners.
I'm not being negative but I like to think medium to long term when it comes to business/investment.

nothing is actually secured. those sacked by glo of recent must have been planning on their next month salary. whatever you get today use it to build tomorrow

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ameristu: 11:13pm On Apr 30, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

you will get blocked for sure

He can't get blocked or rated because he never started the trip.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ameristu: 11:14pm On Apr 30, 2018
ziego:
The campaign that would make uber repent.
Each time I get uber ride I leave my taxify app on until I pick the uber rider. Unless no taxify order came that's only when I will proceed with uber. If taxify ride comes I quickly accept and text the uber rider the above message and head straight to pick the taxify rider. Uber company should know Nigerian roads are bad. We can't fix car, buy fuel, pay ubers commission and be left with nothing. Say no to 25% commission

You are a true warrior, I just convert mine to offline trip. I explain to the client that uber charges are too high.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ameristu: 11:19pm On Apr 30, 2018
I smile when after receiving a request and calling the rider to find out where they are going and they tell me a place like Alakuko and ask me if I am coming and I confidently say no.

Frequent riders already know the deal, they know they have to cancel about 4-5 times before they get a driver to take them to their destination which is usually a newbie and the newbie would come here complaining bitterly how the trip went bad.

It is now a given to always ask your client where they are going immediately you receive a request.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by aggos: 11:38pm On Apr 30, 2018
House, pls can Uber or Taxify accept JETTA BORA 2001 MODEL? Anyone with idea should pls share.....Thankssss

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 11:56pm On Apr 30, 2018
ameristu:

He will be blocked, nevertheless. Remember he accepted a trip request Uber sent + the SMS he sent to the rider has his phone number. Enough evidence to block his account
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:23am On May 01, 2018
why must we always behave like typical Nigerians? Still tying to rationalise being unprofessional.

There are emerging new markets in this business,
instead of exploring them, you still sticking to the old ways of doing things and expect a different result.

there are drivers I know that do ONLY uber and still meet up their weekly targets.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 5:22am On May 01, 2018
ameristu:

Says who?....it's like someone dat killed,and still reported himself to d police with matchet,guns in his hand,blood all over his body wit d dead body...,..any other proof of not guilty?.....NO

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 5:41am On May 01, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
why must we always behave like typical Nigerians? Still tying to rationalise being unprofessional.

There are emerging new markets in this business,
instead of exploring them, you still sticking to the old ways of doing things and expect a different result.

there are drivers I know that do ONLY uber and still meet up their weekly targets.

Ha you want all the nairaland drivers come for your throat..

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:52am On May 01, 2018
ziego:
The campaign that would make uber repent.
Each time I get uber ride I leave my taxify app on until I pick the uber rider. Unless no taxify order came that's only when I will proceed with uber. If taxify ride comes I quickly accept and text the uber rider the above message and head straight to pick the taxify rider. Uber company should know Nigerian roads are bad. We can't fix car, buy fuel, pay ubers commission and be left with nothing. Say no to 25% commission

In as much as I want to agree with you on your act, we must call a spade a spade, what you did or currently doing is EXTREMELY BAD.

Am very sure you aim to be big one day, running sustainable and profitable business, never ever let your personal resentment cloud your business sense and judgement.

Am sure you desist Judas and what he did to Jesus (Am not a Bible Scholar) and up till this moment I don’t think anyone ever want to name his child Judas because of a single act of dishonesty and betrayal.

In business sense and world, there is something called “BRAND” and No one ever want his/her partner or employee damaging it because of personal (ish) issue.

Like you as a Driver, how do you feel after rendering what you thought was an Excellent and Exceptional Service to a rider with you expecting to nothing but 5 stars rating, only for the rider to rate you 1 Star with bad review. Would that make you feel good about yourself knowing that you deserve more from the rider. Would you be glad?

If not, kindly desist from the act. Uber or Taxify would not like you doing that. Tarnishing UBER image which has cost them time, resources and energy to build because of your personal gain wouldn’t take you anywhere.

Be Positive, Always Think Positive.

You are gonna finally be Your Own Boss one day, would you be glad if you find out one your partner or employee doing this to your Brand?

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:06am On May 01, 2018
ameristu:

You are a true warrior, I just convert mine to offline trip. I explain to the client that uber charges are too high.

A True Warrior?

Are you really sure you will use that word to describe his act if you’re at the other side. I mean if you’re not thinking as a Driver but as the founder of Uber who provide you the opportunity and customers.

Would you call JUDAS, a true warrior.

Would you call him a true warrior, if the attack was directed at you or your business which has taken you years to build?

You don’t need to call Coca-Cola black because you like to sell Pepsi?

Every product has a target market, just like Coca-Cola and Pepsi?

Just because Pepsi is cheap doesn’t make Coca-Cola bad product?

Change your mindset.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ameristu: 6:10am On May 01, 2018
This thread is coming to life again.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ameristu: 6:14am On May 01, 2018
TheCar:

A True Warrior?

Are you really sure you will use that word to describe his act if you’re at the other side. I mean if you’re not thinking as a Driver but as the founder of Uber who provide you the opportunity and customers.

Would you call JUDAS, a true warrior.

Would you call him a true warrior, if the attack was directed at you or your business which has taken you years to build?

You don’t need to call Coca-Cola black because you like to sell Pepsi?

Every product has a target market, just like Coca-Cola and Pepsi?

Just because Pepsi is cheap doesn’t make Coca-Cola bad product?

Change your mindset.

Only driver/partners can understand some things in this business and he was not attacking any brand he simply spoke the honest truth which a lot of people are scared of saying because they don't want to get blocked.

He would be wrong if the accusations were false, him telling the rider to use another brand could possible be where it is not too cool. He could have made the rider reason that himself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:23am On May 01, 2018
ameristu:

Only driver/partners can understand some things in this business and he was not attacking any brand he simply spoke the honest truth which a lot of people are scared of saying because they don't want to get blocked.

He would be wrong if the accusations were false, him telling the rider to use another brand could possible be where it is not too cool. He could have made the rider reason that himself.

Please clarify something for me?

Are you a Driver or a Car Owner?

No offense intended, just wanna approach the situation from your point of view.

Remember, 6 and 9 are the same depending on where you stand and your point of view.

Kindly do answer
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 7:32am On May 01, 2018
Pls who has seen Bayomanuels
I miss his inspirational posts, especially his earnings embarassed

He gingers me olohun.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:38am On May 01, 2018
dru23:

Ha you want all the nairaland drivers come for your throat..

locked and loaded.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 8:10am On May 01, 2018
chillex8:
Pls who has seen Bayomanuels
I miss his inspirational posts, especially his earnings embarassed

He gingers me olohun.
Message him on WhatsApp, his more of a manager than a driver now
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:15am On May 01, 2018
coming soon in 1 quart bottles

http://www.gazzuzz.com/contact/

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:21am On May 01, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

When should we be expecting 0w-20?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ziego(m): 8:24am On May 01, 2018
iyaegin:

In as much as you are disgruntled with the 25% commission it is apparent you are just trying to get by on e hailing why now make your case worse by sending such needless and silly text message to a rider.after when you get blocked you will be crying village people.no be you don welcome dem now with this action of yours.guy thread carefully and as you have been advised here by others.Uber did not force you.voluntary you joined otherwise go and join airport taxi association or yellow cab and be free of the so called commissions...my 2kobo for U...

Lol at village people.
Thanks for the candid advice.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:32am On May 01, 2018
TheCar:

When should we be expecting 0w-20?

already available but not in large quantity. 23k per unit.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 8:34am On May 01, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Please make sure you sack the person that did this website, even primary one programmer can do better. cry kiss cry cry

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ziego(m): 8:50am On May 01, 2018
TheCar:

In as much as I want to agree with you on your act, we must call a spade a spade, what you did or currently doing is EXTREMELY BAD.

Am very sure you aim to be big one day, running sustainable and profitable business, never ever let your personal resentment cloud your business sense and judgement.

Am sure you desist Judas and what he did to Jesus (Am not a Bible Scholar) and up till this moment I don’t think anyone ever want to name his child Judas because of a single act of dishonesty and betrayal.

In business sense and world, there is something called “BRAND” and No one ever want his/her partner or employee damaging it because of personal (ish) issue.

Like you as a Driver, how do you feel after rendering what you thought was an Excellent and Exceptional Service to a rider with you expecting to nothing but 5 stars rating, only for the rider to rate you 1 Star with bad review. Would that make you feel good about yourself knowing that you deserve more from the rider. Would you be glad?

If not, kindly desist from the act. Uber or Taxify would not like you doing that. Tarnishing UBER image which has cost them time, resources and energy to build because of your personal gain wouldn’t take you anywhere.

Be Positive, Always Think Positive.

You are gonna finally be Your Own Boss one day, would you be glad if you find out one your partner or employee doing this to your Brand?

We are all Nigerians hard to be please you know.
As regards to 5star Nigerians can't give u that ooo. They move around with their pride. Thinking ones live depends on uber.

Anyways thanks for the candid advice.

I just exercised my displeasure considering the economic hardship, bad roads, high costs of fuel and servicing of the car. It's worth calling for action or negotiation. If am selfish I feel with all these my reasons they are more selfish. Those that still meets their weekly target on uber dont sleep at all. We know the health hazards of depriving oneself sleep.

Let's call a spade a spade.
I have rode couple of travellers who told me their experience with uber in UK. That their fair is very comfortable with the drivers that they don't work as hard as we do to make a living, there also roads are highly motorable they dont spend much on car maintenance.

Nigerians has been raised to accept every type of treatment all in the name of survival that's why most companies come here to extort us, sap our energy and leave us broke.

I feel a committee should be set up to monitor this business, set policies and regulations for it. They should be happy being in Nigerian and we should be satisfied partnering with them. It shouldn't be a one way thing. Check the statistics of drivers road crash. It's mostly uber drivers and caused by sleepless night just to meet a target. We are human we deserve some "accolades"

If all uber riders can work at ease, boast of 10k per day after paying commission buying fuel and feeding and working for at most 14hours. It's a good thing to embrace.

Thanks

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 8:52am On May 01, 2018
Abeg please ... make una allow me sleep ..noise too much grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:55am On May 01, 2018
ifyeez:
Please make sure you sack the person that did this website, even primary one programmer can do better. cry kiss cry cry

and you are wasting talent on uber cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:58am On May 01, 2018
ziego:

We are all Nigerians hard to be please you know.
As regards to 5star Nigerians can't give u that ooo. They move around with their pride. Thinking ones live depends on uber.

Anyways thanks for the candid advice.

I just exercised my displeasure considering the economic hardship, bad roads, high costs of fuel and servicing of the car. It's worth calling for action or negotiation. If am selfish I feel with all these my reasons they are more selfish. Those that still meets their weekly target on uber dont sleep at all. We know the health hazards of depriving oneself sleep.

Let's call a spade a spade.
I have rode couple of travellers who told me their experience with uber in UK. That their fair is very comfortable with the drivers that they don't work as hard as we do to make a living, there also roads are highly motorable they dont spend much on car maintenance.

Nigerians has been raised to accept every type of treatment all in the name of survival that's why most companies come here to extort us, sap our energy and leave us broke.

I feel a committee should be set up to monitor this business, set policies and regulations for it. They should be happy being in Nigerian and we should be satisfied partnering with them. It shouldn't be a one way thing. Check the statistics of drivers road crash. It's mostly uber drivers and caused by sleepless night just to meet a target. We are human we deserve some "accolades"

If all uber riders can work at ease, boast of 10k per day after paying commission buying fuel and feeding and working for at most 14hours. It's a good thing to embrace.

Thanks

carry placard go uber office. we are behind you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Spunkalator(m): 8:58am On May 01, 2018
ameristu:

You're talking as if uber is Government, and they owe you something. Bro, they don't owe you shii' mehnn..if you dont like what they offer then you get the hell out mehnn..and do kabu kabu..or something.. they aren't forcing you to drive on their platform, and they dont owe you anything....what is Warrior?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 9:00am On May 01, 2018
How drivers truly feel about Uber.

(1) (2) (3) ... (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) ... (5699) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.