Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,137 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4734044 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 12:00pm On Apr 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

call me I get offer for you
The only offer I can't turn down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ifeanyimark(m): 12:02pm On Apr 29, 2018
signature2012:
Just got an info an old generation bank sack all their drivers and they are to drop all car keys ending of this month.

The bank want to start using UBER,to them is cheaper than paying their contract staff drivers monthly salary and cost of maintaining their vehincles.

So braise up guys.Maintain a clean car,dress nicely,always have good conversation with your passenger.

To educated and graduate drivers,endeavor to have your RESUME in your car,you never cant tell who you are picking up.
Bank work? How many bankers deg earn pass [/s]chillex[s] , davenoja, bayo or any non-lazy driver?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ifeanyimark(m): 12:06pm On Apr 29, 2018
chillex8:

Absent sir

Nonsense man
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 12:19pm On Apr 29, 2018
A friend who works with a renowed auditing firm told me same, they are now making use of uber/taxify as its considered cheaper for them...

GAZZUZZ:

1 bank, 2units barns new corrola =12m x2. 24m

2 drivers 80k x 2 = 160k per month.

After 4years replace both cars.

24,0000,000 plus maintenance plus drivers salaries.

They will spend less than 5m in 4 years using uber grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by signature2012(m): 12:21pm On Apr 29, 2018
Ifeanyimark:

Bank work? How many bankers deg earn pass [/s]chillex[s] , davenoja, bayo or any non-lazy driver?

Is as much I respect your job,if you are a graduate and opportune to get a career job,not necessarily banking job,wont you quit your UBER driving?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ridwanadedapo(m): 12:51pm On Apr 29, 2018
I need a responsible driver ASAP.

+1

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:20pm On Apr 29, 2018
TheCar:

Well Boss, it depends.

I currently (temporarily) use a 2012 Toyota Corolla for this business and from my little interactions with some so called drivers, you need hear how ridiculous some of them can be but listening to your advice to Car Owners never to go below 35k as weekly rental payment, I choose that as a point of reference.

Some drivers have the boldness during my pre vehicle inspection to tell me they can only deliver 20k, someone claim he can only do 15k weekly, somebody said 25k, whereas some said they can only do 30k weekly.

Mind you, I will handle all my repairs and preventive maintenance since I don’t want anyone messing up the car for me doing cheap work. Like penny wise Pound foolish.

They all claimed they will drive the car more than 10 hours daily.

Now the cheapest engine oil 0w-20 AFE not even extended performance or high mileage since the car just clocked 70,000km in mileage is not cheap.

So in other to be fair, I asked for amount equivalent to agreed weekly rental as security deposit, if you can’t afford it, you pay what you can afford upfront and balance the shortfall within a month after you take possession of the car, which I believe is a Win-Win situation for Car Owner and Driver since we are both stakeholders in this venture.

Never ask a driver what amount he is able to deliver.. Because we all know that rental is between 35k to 40k weekly.. There is a lot of greedy drivers on the platform.. Even if you give them rental 15k week. They will still come with excuse and stories. Funny enough I was advocating 40k weekly on a few threads, somebody now said that the amount will mean that the driver will over work the car.. Regardless the amount u give them, they will overall work the car o.. Better try and get your maximum. All the drivers were attacking me coz of what I said. It is there way most of them.
So chill for now till you can get a good driver.. If you rush and take any driver now, u might regret it o.. Better yet u can try carshopper , he is fleet manager.. Don't feel bad my brother even one of mine drivers is owning me. My manager had to go and carry the guys t.v. and hold for ransome.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 29, 2018
dru23:

Never ask a driver what amount he is able to deliver.. Because we all know that rental is between 35k to 40k weekly.. There is a lot of greedy drivers on the platform.. Even if you give them rental 15k week. They will still come with excuse and stories. Funny enough I was advocating 40k weekly on a few threads, somebody now said that the amount will mean that the driver will over work the car.. Regardless the amount u give them, they will overall work the car o.. Better try and get your maximum. All the drivers were attacking me coz of what I said. It is there way most of them.
So chill for now till you can get a good driver.. If you rush and take any driver now, u might regret it o.. Better yet u can try carshopper , he is fleet manager.. Don't feel bad my brother even one of mine drivers is owning me. My manager had to go and carry the guys t.v. and hold for ransome.

Now that’s why you’re da Boss.

Would do the necessary follow up as advised.

Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:36pm On Apr 29, 2018
TheCar:

Now that’s why you’re da Boss.

Would do the necessary follow up as advised.

Thanks

Gazzuz no go agree with you say I be boss o.. Abi small boi

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:40pm On Apr 29, 2018
chillex8:

Perhaps a badly shaped 12' Corolla.
Unless so, why will someone bargain 15k as rental

For amateurs drivers, sorry. You have to climb the ladder from Bottom.

Me sef am looking for 25k rental.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:43pm On Apr 29, 2018
Seun360:

He talks trash all the time.

Better to talk it than to collect it ... like some people grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 29, 2018
dru23:

Gazzuz no go agree with you say I be boss o.. Abi small boi

Don’t worry we will finally get you and Oga Gazzuzz on the same table to discuss business with chill bottles of Orijin (oh, sorry Water).
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 1:45pm On Apr 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

experience is the best teacher. I nod a few times when I am tired, but after the first one, I look around for small shop to get something to keep my mouth moving (chewing gum, bitter kola) always keep some water in the boot it comes in handy, park and wash your face, it could buy you 15-30mins of wake time, but. Ultimately find a safe place to sleep.

Talking about experience:

Please note that I am a newbie(75 trips in all) and I rely strictly on the map as I no sabi Lagos road at all.

Was on the road by 7am yesterday, completed2 trips on the mainland then the 3rd took me to the island. Dropped the rider off and got another almost immediately location Osbourne estate. Got to the rider, called and he said he is coming down now in his oyinbo accent. Waited for good 11 minutes before be showed up, got in and told me he is headed to the airport and was kinda late, I took off,got to the airport he asked how much it was, I ended trip and was waiting for the fare , Omo no network eh! Airtel don kill me I cried , oyinbo say he is in a hurry but that I should send my account details and fare to him and he will transfer later so I left, got out of the airport and network showed up so I quickly parked and was typing my details when a police hilux blocked me and ordered me out, ahh I don enter! They showed me the no parking sign and Every so I tried explaining but one of them got inside my car and ordered me to drive to the station, while driving I pleaded with the police man he said the fine was 50K, ahh I have made just 4800 and my fuel sign is up already(hadn't bought fuel yet) I begged ended up taking all I had made and I still had to thank their oga join... now am angry.. I got another request , called the guy he said he was in front of excellence hotel, drove there he said he was opposite ahh ahh... got there he said I have passed I should drive go take a u turn again, I screamed cancel please this is too much already, he pleaded I finally got to him(spent 15 minutes) saw another driver there we spoke, he told me the trip was to iyana ipaja, eh, am not going oo,he begged that he wants to chop taxify bonus today and that we will get a trip from there ...OK... the family came out and said I was going to carry 5 passengers, eh! eh!eh!! I refused. ..... 30 minutes into the journey a commercial yellow bus wanted to replicate fast and furious and scratched my car, I parked in the middle of the road , wasted 20 minutes there ,finally he drop 5k and I let him go... got to iyana ipaja , dropped off passenger, another request and was 3 minutes away, got there via map and it turned out the map was wrong, ended up following bike to get to the rider who was about 12 minutes away,where are you going sir I asked,he said drive I will direct you, the ride took me to the boundary of Lagos and ogun, somewhere in alakuko . I just vex.. off data.... drive 1hour jejely to my house....

Newbies... always ask where the trip leads before you navigate to the rider...
That was one Saturday to remember

I apologize for the errors..... please bosses in the house, share do's and don't's for us newbies. ThAnks for your usual cooperation...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 1:47pm On Apr 29, 2018
ridwanadedapo:
I need a responsible driver ASAP.

+1

You mean for Lagos-Owerri transport abi shocked shocked shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:49pm On Apr 29, 2018
signature2012:

Is as much I respect your job,if you are a graduate and opportune to get a career job,not necessarily banking job,wont you quit your UBER driving?

I beg forget bank job... with uber if you work and focus, you can own your own fleet.. A gud example was Ogunvic41, he did ok at the beginning, made mistake.. At least he proved that it can be done.. Do u want to be slave to someone forever? Make bank job go sit down I beg

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 1:51pm On Apr 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

experience is the best teacher. I nod a few times when I am tired, but after the first one, I look around for small shop to get something to keep my mouth moving (chewing gum, bitter kola) always keep some water in the boot it comes in handy, park and wash your face, it could buy you 15-30mins of wake time, but. Ultimately find a safe place to sleep.

even if i make sure i sleep well from 10pm at least. After working till like 2-4pm...sometimes i feel i need a rest or feel sleepy. What i do if i am on a trip, i bring out my orbit gum(didn't buy it cos of any rider) , chew till drop off. If no rider i just pull over somewhere cool hide my phones... Take a nap.... 30mins i get better...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by solutionboy: 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2018
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by solutionboy: 1:59pm On Apr 29, 2018
dru23:

Drop your number for me .....ASAP
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 2:00pm On Apr 29, 2018
nwizu042:

Talking about experience:

Please note that I am a newbie(75 trips in all) and I rely strictly on the map as I no sabi Lagos road at all.

Was on the road by 7am yesterday, completed2 trips on the mainland then the 3rd took me to the island. Dropped the rider off and got another almost immediately location Osbourne estate. Got to the rider, called and he said he is coming down now in his oyinbo accent. Waited for good 11 minutes before be showed up, got in and told me he is headed to the airport and was kinda late, I took off,got to the airport he asked how much it was, I ended trip and was waiting for the fare , Omo no network eh! Airtel don kill me I cried , oyinbo say he is in a hurry but that I should send my account details and fare to him and he will transfer later so I left, got out of the airport and network showed up so I quickly parked and was typing my details when a police hilux blocked me and ordered me out, ahh I don enter! They showed me the no parking sign and Every so I tried explaining but one of them got inside my car and ordered me to drive to the station, while driving I pleaded with the police man he said the fine was 50K, ahh I have made just 4800 and my fuel sign is up already(hadn't bought fuel yet) I begged ended up taking all I had made and I still had to thank their oga join... now am angry.. I got another request , called the guy he said he was in front of excellence hotel, drove there he said he was opposite ahh ahh... got there he said I have passed I should drive go take a u turn again, I screamed cancel please this is too much already, he pleaded I finally got to him(spent 15 minutes) saw another driver there we spoke, he told me the trip was to iyana ipaja, eh, am not going oo,he begged that he wants to chop taxify bonus today and that we will get a trip from there ...OK... the family came out and said I was going to carry 5 passengers, eh! eh!eh!! I refused. ..... 30 minutes into the journey a commercial yellow bus wanted to replicate fast and furious and scratched my car, I parked in the middle of the road , wasted 20 minutes there ,finally he drop 5k and I let him go... got to iyana ipaja , dropped off passenger, another request and was 3 minutes away, got there via map and it turned out the map was wrong, ended up following bike to get to the rider who was about 12 minutes away,where are you going sir I asked,he said drive I will direct you, the ride took me to the boundary of Lagos and ogun, somewhere in alakuko . I just vex.. off data.... drive 1hour jejely to my house....

Newbies... always ask where the trip leads before you navigate to the rider...
That was one Saturday to remember

I apologize for the errors..... please bosses in the house, share do's and don't's for us newbies. ThAnks for your usual cooperation...

It has happened to the best of us, I hate those places, also never accept a trip that tells you don’t worry I will show you where am going to, always insist of knowing the place you’re going to before starting the trip, if his not going to tell you, jejely cancel the trip, you will get another request

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 2:03pm On Apr 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

when ever you need a car let me know wink
Boss, I need a car biko.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ridwanadedapo(m): 2:11pm On Apr 29, 2018
Owerri to Abuja.

ifyeez:
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ridwanadedapo(m): 2:17pm On Apr 29, 2018
Driver needed for Camry 04. Living around Surulere, Mushin and environment.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 2:50pm On Apr 29, 2018
Ifeanyimark:

Engr. Egbon Gazuz, thanks. Wednesday is d day, once i pursue morning bonus finish. carshopper, chillex, romeo and others. Indicate ur presence on that day with your beer beand

You no put time, u just dey invite everyone for drinks... comon old man put time jor

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 2:55pm On Apr 29, 2018
Sweet surge everywher

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:03pm On Apr 29, 2018
ifyeez:

don't yab my Avensis brother angry

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 3:21pm On Apr 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

don't yab my Avensis brother angry
lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 3:29pm On Apr 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

when ever you need a car let me know wink
bro my blue corolla is down. What could be its wahala now?..Hard start, delayed acceleration, can't climb up a hill. Started experiencing the stalling after i got fuel at ajah while going to apapa. Took it to workshop, the electrician guy said it's fuel pump, ok we got another, not solved. Said we should change the nozzles, we got another, not solved. Now he asking we should drive car to ladipo and sort the best.... Hell no i said. How can i be stressing myself with u fixing my car. I just drove car out. And this one is the one i hardly drive and i treat like an egg o, unlike the red one wen i dey rugged anyhow. Car is far far at badagry area. What could you advise/say biko... Thanks

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 3:33pm On Apr 29, 2018
Please who can tell me the supported phones for Uber and taxify. Thanks. Its very urgent.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 3:39pm On Apr 29, 2018
Abeg I registered and uploaded my temporary D license on uber yesterday.as a driver .how long before dem give me reply?mbok
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2018
slamstanlee:
bro my blue corolla is down. What could be its wahala now?..Hard start, delayed acceleration, can't climb up a hill. Started experiencing the stalling after i got fuel at ajah while going to apapa. Took it to workshop, the electrician guy said it's fuel pump, ok we got another, not solved. Said we should change the nozzles, we got another, not solved. Now he asking we should drive car to ladipo and sort the best.... Hell no i said. How can i be stressing myself with u fixing my car. I just drove car out. And this one is the one i hardly drive and i treat like an egg o, unlike the red one wen i dey rugged anyhow. Car is far far at badagry area. What could you advise/say biko... Thanks

Drive am come, free diagnosis. Free fix if it is not invasive plus you pay for parts.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kneo: 4:00pm On Apr 29, 2018
cooldood:
Hello Great Drivers,

A Camry 2005 is ready to hit the road. If you're a great guy and can meet the following requirements, drop your number and I'd buzz you.

1) Experienced Uber Driver
2) Rental agreement
3) To deliver twice a week (Tuesdays and Friday)
4) Guarantor
5) Have a safe place to park the car
6) Shared car maintenance
7) Tell me how much you can deliver without sleeping on the steering, without overworking yourself to death

Cheers.

[b][/b]Still available??
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cooldood(m): 4:03pm On Apr 29, 2018
kneo:
[b][/b]Still available??

Sure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.