Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,126 members, 7,829,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (675) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4799552 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) ... (5699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 4:09pm On Apr 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Drive am come, free diagnosis. Free fix if it is not invasive plus you pay for parts.
ok... Make i tell partner... Na him dey always use am
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lekanlaniyan(m): 4:53pm On Apr 29, 2018
Pls house, how much can I get a good power steering rack for Honda Accord 2006 (DC).

My mechanic advised me to get a good Tokunbo cos it messed me up after fixing it last month.

Thanks for your quick response.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dav75: 5:02pm On Apr 29, 2018
hello am a young man need a car to drive in instalment all deliver please contact me me on phone 08151782107; 08028104994 get back as soon as possible. Toyota 2009 model
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by umunnadavid: 5:13pm On Apr 29, 2018
M'y Sweet car is available for uber renting, interested call 08063388800 ,08152588373

1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by umunnadavid: 5:17pm On Apr 29, 2018
umunnadavid:
M'y Sweet car is available for uber renting, interested call 08063388800 ,08152588373
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 5:23pm On Apr 29, 2018
signature2012:

Is as much I respect your job,if you are a graduate and opportune to get a career job,not necessarily banking job,wont you quit your UBER driving?

I have been asking myself this same question, and tbh it's not been an easy question to answer. This work is so lucrative if you own your car. I can be totally lazy and still make 200k/month. The only down side is the uncertainty. No one can really predict what this job/business is going to look like in 4-5yrs, we are all only being optimistic.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by countsparrow: 5:45pm On Apr 29, 2018
Open Letter to Oga Gazzuzz,
Finally, i got myself a car, a Toyota Corolla 2003 CE.. I am dat young man that keeps asking questions and disturbing you on whatsapp... I have seen you recommend synthetic oil to car owners, i think i will follow that path too... Waiting to install a navigation system Cause i no sabi anywhere for Lagos, and complete car paper work, i will come and visit at your workshop soonest, hopefully there will be freebee for me too �...

Your humble protege,
Sparrow

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:57pm On Apr 29, 2018
countsparrow:
Open Letter to Oga Gazzuzz,
Finally, i got myself a car, a Toyota Corolla 2003 CE.. I am dat young man that keeps asking questions and disturbing you on whatsapp... I have seen you recommend synthetic oil to car owners, i think i will follow that path too... Waiting to install a navigation system Cause i no sabi anywhere for Lagos, and complete car paper work, i will come and visit at your workshop soonest, hopefully there will be freebee for me too �...

Your humble protege,
Sparrow

unna pass 30 o!

Congrats and see you soon.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kingsley55(m): 6:21pm On Apr 29, 2018
Unfortunately even right there at the police command, in biometrics room you still have to drop 5k before they append signature to your print out. I give up on this country.

CavendishPlex:
The tint permit is supposed to be FREE and is usually processed at the Lagos Police Command off Oba Akinjobi street, Ikeja.

You need to fill the form online and do a print-out thereafter which is to be taken to the Police command for processing with your bio-metrics taken. Do this on http://www.npf.gov.ng/tinted/index.php

Pay anybody any money and you're on your own!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:09pm On Apr 29, 2018
Stealth100:

I have been asking myself this same question, and tbh it's not been an easy question to answer. This work is so lucrative if you own your car. I can be totally lazy and still make 200k/month. The only down side is the uncertainty. No one can really predict what this job/business is going to look like in 4-5yrs, we are all only being optimistic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bily(m): 7:54pm On Apr 29, 2018
Stealth100:

Is there absolute job security in the banking sector. Can you predict with certainty if you'll still have that job in 4-5yrs? grin

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by countsparrow: 8:00pm On Apr 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

unna pass 30 o!

Congrats and see you soon.

Hahahaha... Thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Haderbayor123: 8:09pm On Apr 29, 2018
I swear, am rolling on the floor and beating my chest as am reading this. The truth is all drivers always has some bad days as well, someday will just want to be unfortunate no matter how hard you are trying to have a good day,,, once I notice a day like this, I will just drive home straight to relax in order to prepare for another day. That's the part of the game of the work.

Like me, what I do once I have a request now is, I will call the rider to confirm his/her pick-up location and also politely ask where he/she is going, then I will decide on what to do immediately. That has saved me a lots of stress.

nwizu042:

Talking about experience:

Please note that I am a newbie(75 trips in all) and I rely strictly on the map as I no sabi Lagos road at all.

Was on the road by 7am yesterday, completed2 trips on the mainland then the 3rd took me to the island. Dropped the rider off and got another almost immediately location Osbourne estate. Got to the rider, called and he said he is coming down now in his oyinbo accent. Waited for good 11 minutes before be showed up, got in and told me he is headed to the airport and was kinda late, I took off,got to the airport he asked how much it was, I ended trip and was waiting for the fare , Omo no network eh! Airtel don kill me I cried , oyinbo say he is in a hurry but that I should send my account details and fare to him and he will transfer later so I left, got out of the airport and network showed up so I quickly parked and was typing my details when a police hilux blocked me and ordered me out, ahh I don enter! They showed me the no parking sign and Every so I tried explaining but one of them got inside my car and ordered me to drive to the station, while driving I pleaded with the police man he said the fine was 50K, ahh I have made just 4800 and my fuel sign is up already(hadn't bought fuel yet) I begged ended up taking all I had made and I still had to thank their oga join... now am angry.. I got another request , called the guy he said he was in front of excellence hotel, drove there he said he was opposite ahh ahh... got there he said I have passed I should drive go take a u turn again, I screamed cancel please this is too much already, he pleaded I finally got to him(spent 15 minutes) saw another driver there we spoke, he told me the trip was to iyana ipaja, eh, am not going oo,he begged that he wants to chop taxify bonus today and that we will get a trip from there ...OK... the family came out and said I was going to carry 5 passengers, eh! eh!eh!! I refused. ..... 30 minutes into the journey a commercial yellow bus wanted to replicate fast and furious and scratched my car, I parked in the middle of the road , wasted 20 minutes there ,finally he drop 5k and I let him go... got to iyana ipaja , dropped off passenger, another request and was 3 minutes away, got there via map and it turned out the map was wrong, ended up following bike to get to the rider who was about 12 minutes away,where are you going sir I asked,he said drive I will direct you, the ride took me to the boundary of Lagos and ogun, somewhere in alakuko . I just vex.. off data.... drive 1hour jejely to my house....

Newbies... always ask where the trip leads before you navigate to the rider...
That was one Saturday to remember

I apologize for the errors..... please bosses in the house, share do's and don't's for us newbies. ThAnks for your usual cooperation...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 8:38pm On Apr 29, 2018
dru23:

Scared? Lol

The truth is no one knows which turn this business might take in 5yrs time. There is no statistics or data to make a forecast with. We are all at the mercy of the e-hailing coys. They don't release any sort of data to guide partners.
I'm not being negative but I like to think medium to long term when it comes to business/investment.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 8:38pm On Apr 29, 2018
bily:

Is there absolute job security in the banking sector. Can you predict with certainty if you'll still have that job in 4-5yrs? grin

My thoughts exactly.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:04pm On Apr 29, 2018
Stealth100:

Scared? Lol

The truth is no one knows which turn this business might take in 5yrs time. There is no statistics or data to make a forecast with. We are all at the mercy of the e-hailing coys. They don't release any sort of data to guide partners.
I'm not being negative but I like to think medium to long term when it comes to business/investment.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 11:11pm On Apr 29, 2018
Uncertainties everywhere but I can assure you that uber/taxify is here to stay for a very long time but one thing I will say is :
Have a goal.... While making money from this biz, don't forget to empower yourself, don't forget to build your dream...

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 11:51pm On Apr 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

when ever you need a car let me know wink
OK boss. But I do only 2005 - 2007 corollas. My bad habit ...

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:05am On Apr 30, 2018
nitigriti:

OK boss. But I do only 2005 - 2007 corollas. My bad habit ...

I will make an exception when ever the need arises.
(Corrola full market smiley)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EzekielMab(m): 12:09am On Apr 30, 2018
Harmoony:
Please oh, I greet the full haus..I'm in need of uber/taxify driver with a good grantor and can delivery something tangible on a weekly basis...

Pls note that this is my personal car, a 2012 Toyota corolla.tnx

Pls drop your contact MA.. People were just calling me when I dropped my number initially
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 12:11am On Apr 30, 2018
mistadayo:
Please who can tell me the supported phones for Uber and taxify. Thanks. Its very urgent.
A good OEM phone, with Android 7 for best results. I've used Infinix Smart before - it's 3g and hangs sometimes. My current phone is Motorola Moto C, 4g version. Costs about 27,000 at Slot. Perfect for the job, zero issues so far ( since I started using it last December)

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 12:12am On Apr 30, 2018
Haderbayor123:
I swear, am rolling on the floor and beating my chest as am reading this. The truth is all drivers always has some bad days as well, someday will just want to be unfortunate no matter how hard you are trying to have a good day,,, once I notice a day like this, I will just drive home straight to relax in order to prepare for another day. That's the part of the game of the work.

Like me, what I do once I have a request now is, I will call the rider to confirm his/her pick-up location and also politely ask where he/she is going, then I will decide on what to do immediately. That has saved me a lots of stress.

I think I will apply this method henceforth, thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 9:35am On Apr 30, 2018
dru23:

Correction... when you refer to the ogas on the thread.. Kindly put "small boi". Nxt to my name.. One oga at the top called me small boi.. Cough... cough... and cough we are not going to mention names ..cough and cough ...
Now back to the matter, whether the driver is trustworthy or not. I do inspection every two weeks, apart from what my manager does...
You travel down every 2 weeks to do inspection on your cars
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 9:53am On Apr 30, 2018
signature2012:
Just got an info an old generation bank sack all their drivers and they are to drop all car keys ending of this month.

The bank want to start using UBER,to them is cheaper than paying their contract staff drivers monthly salary and cost of maintaining their vehincles.

So braise up guys.Maintain a clean car,dress nicely,always have good conversation with your passenger.

To educated and graduate drivers,endeavor to have your RESUME in your car,you never cant tell who you are picking up.

This will not likely be true.no bank will solely depend on Uber for their staff movements.it will be outsourced to a car leasing company.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 10:02am On Apr 30, 2018
I remember a request I got at jaconde, while trying to navigate to the rider, the road I saw was very very bad, I mean very bad, so I jejely called the rider to tell him bros I can’t get to where you re the road is too bad for my car, the guy started shouting that that’s how we behave, that his going to report me, i canceled the trip and told him to go ahead and report. His shouting at me because I even called him to tell him why I can’t get to him, because of 800 trip I will damage my car that will cost me thousands to repair. Good morning everybody

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 10:11am On Apr 30, 2018
nwizu042:

Talking about experience:

Please note that I am a newbie(75 trips in all) and I rely strictly on the map as I no sabi Lagos road at all.

Was on the road by 7am yesterday, completed2 trips on the mainland then the 3rd took me to the island. Dropped the rider off and got another almost immediately location Osbourne estate. Got to the rider, called and he said he is coming down now in his oyinbo accent. Waited for good 11 minutes before be showed up, got in and told me he is headed to the airport and was kinda late, I took off,got to the airport he asked how much it was, I ended trip and was waiting for the fare , Omo no network eh! Airtel don kill me I cried , oyinbo say he is in a hurry but that I should send my account details and fare to him and he will transfer later so I left, got out of the airport and network showed up so I quickly parked and was typing my details when a police hilux blocked me and ordered me out, ahh I don enter! They showed me the no parking sign and Every so I tried explaining but one of them got inside my car and ordered me to drive to the station, while driving I pleaded with the police man he said the fine was 50K, ahh I have made just 4800 and my fuel sign is up already(hadn't bought fuel yet) I begged ended up taking all I had made and I still had to thank their oga join... now am angry.. I got another request , called the guy he said he was in front of excellence hotel, drove there he said he was opposite ahh ahh... got there he said I have passed I should drive go take a u turn again, I screamed cancel please this is too much already, he pleaded I finally got to him(spent 15 minutes) saw another driver there we spoke, he told me the trip was to iyana ipaja, eh, am not going oo,he begged that he wants to chop taxify bonus today and that we will get a trip from there ...OK... the family came out and said I was going to carry 5 passengers, eh! eh!eh!! I refused. ..... 30 minutes into the journey a commercial yellow bus wanted to replicate fast and furious and scratched my car, I parked in the middle of the road , wasted 20 minutes there ,finally he drop 5k and I let him go... got to iyana ipaja , dropped off passenger, another request and was 3 minutes away, got there via map and it turned out the map was wrong, ended up following bike to get to the rider who was about 12 minutes away,where are you going sir I asked,he said drive I will direct you, the ride took me to the boundary of Lagos and ogun, somewhere in alakuko . I just vex.. off data.... drive 1hour jejely to my house....

Newbies... always ask where the trip leads before you navigate to the rider...
That was one Saturday to remember

I apologize for the errors..... please bosses in the house, share do's and don't's for us newbies. ThAnks for your usual cooperation...

If you no experience am first hand how u go fit explain am to people.it is a standard to always call the customer to know the temprament of the rider ànd also to be very sure of the location stated by the rider cos sometimes map fit dey play yu wayo.
On to the story of this Airport issue walahi only this weekend saturday and sunday i was at airport road btw local and intl and at least three times i saw uber/taxify cars bing towed away i was like chaii...seriously maybe uber/taxify na dem go do CSR promo to their drivers to never for any reason park anywhere around the airport except the main car park

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 10:14am On Apr 30, 2018
nitigriti:

A good OEM phone, with Android 7 for best results. I've used Infinix Smart before - it's 3g and hangs sometimes. My current phone is Motorola Moto C, 4g version. Costs about 27,000 at Slot. Perfect for the job, zero issues so far ( since I started using it last December)
You mean this phone works perfectly for both uber and taxify?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 10:24am On Apr 30, 2018
All this new driver eh, that's how I requested for an uber ride. Next thing I saw was an update, you are on your way. Lol grin card trip for that matter. Pick up was palmgrove: destination Westwood ikoyi.

I run enter my rider app, na this fine girl suppose be the driver with her 2013 camry, guess she decided to try uber, when I check her profile saw driven 27 trips. I sighed: no wonder.

She had mistakenly started the trip, I tried calling driver number, network said number has been barred from receiving call, sent in app message- chai e no deliver. Na so I begin pray make she no begin deh zoom go ikoyi thinking say na there she wan pick me from. Waited she didn't call either, guess confusion swallowed her. Just saw her on the app rotating up and down the street she was, na so I begin laugh. I was about booking on taxify then I saw rate your trip with xxxx.

Just ignored the rating and booked another ride. She go learn. Thank God them no connect me with her again.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FELIX30(m): 10:51am On Apr 30, 2018
Jiokefelix@gmail.com / 08144410800
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 30, 2018
iyaegin:

This will not likely be true.no bank will solely depend on Uber for their staff movements.it will be outsourced to a car leasing company.

On the contrary, a lot of banks are trying to cut costs in their transport dept. I am aware of a bank in Marina that was planning a Pilot test of Uber's services for its staff (especially Marketing/Sales) early this year. This same bank does not buy Corolla for their staff as status cars any longer, rather they buy GAC & JAC, who sells cars similar to Corolla at about #6.5M.

Moreso, a lot of them are complaining about the bills they receive from Elizade & Co on those Corollas, cars that are not even on the same quality level with Toks American specs.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 11:06am On Apr 30, 2018
If you have a durable and fuel efficient car, and looking for a reliable and principled driver partner that will help you pamper your car, look no further...09030305518(calls only). 35k maximum rental please embarassed

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 11:07am On Apr 30, 2018
Olukunle343:

On the contrary, a lot of banks are trying to cut costs in their transport dept. I am aware of a bank in Marina that was planning a Pilot test of Uber's services for its staff (especially Marketing/Sales) early this year. This same bank does not buy Corolla for their staff as status cars any longer, rather they buy GAC & JAC, who sells cars similar to Corolla at about #6.5M.

Moreso, a lot of them are complaining about the bills they receive from Elizade & Co on those Corollas, cars that are not even on the same quality level with Toks American specs.

Couldn't agree more, safety wise most especially

(1) (2) (3) ... (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) ... (5699) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Glithronix, Itsrm(m), donfortune48(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.