Stats: 3,156,798 members, 7,831,582 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (855342 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by akelvin(f): 4:55pm On Nov 20, 2015
[quote author=twingirls post=40222924]
Please, can port health give a fit to fly @ 34 weeks?
Yes they do was there to collect and was given.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 4:57pm On Nov 20, 2015
anonymousmum:
^^^agree

Biko question for the house, when you want to travel to the US after missionary journey, are you expected to carry the original receipts?

Or are coloured copies enough. Or black and white self. Thanks all
Any will suffice. The koko is to have something to refer to...any can be verified
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Modele35: 6:31pm On Nov 20, 2015
dear new mums, I had my baby in June and my tommy has refused to go down. I had CS and my tommy is embarrassingly still big. Any help? i now wear a size 14 bottom and 10 top.. ëpp ur sista bikooooo!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by zoemummy: 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2015
MumTee:

@bbiz, firsty........ what's the baby's account for? I understand d opening of account for us is for safekeep of funds. Is that for d baby a requirement, regulation or

Lol@regulation grin

I'm only considering it because I would still end up opening a savings account for the child, home or abroad. So since there'll be other benefits, I may as well open it here before I leave and transfer the USD equivalent of the NGN savings in would have done back home.

Hope that clarifies grin cool
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by zoemummy: 7:42pm On Nov 20, 2015
Modele35:
dear new mums, I had my baby in June and my tommy has refused to go down. I had CS and my tommy is embarrassingly still big. Any help? i now wear a size 14 bottom and 10 top.. ëpp ur sista bikooooo!!

Are you feeling any discomfort or pains? Have you notified your obgyn? Is it big like preggie big?

Pls if you don't feel comfortable, return to your obgyn sharply.

In my last CS experience, the cause of the distended abdomen ended up being a clot sad & the matter wasn't funny which is why I took off with this pregnancy...but in your case, it's 5 months after so I think a clot is unlikely.

Otherwise, maybe you should try exercising. If you've put on a lot of weight, then tummy fat will reduce as you shed your body weight.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacklenst: 7:57pm On Nov 20, 2015
Adebuble:
quote author=twingirls post=39772212]
I am interestd in your awesome detail.
I have sent u pm.

Less ke? For where? Even the 7k still carry pickin for back

my bill so far is less than 7k and am having a planned CS @ Houston Northwest medical center, using a DR a little less than 2k dollars (all test, ultrasound) etc included.
Did a lot of research for this price.
Can pm me for details....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 8:35pm On Nov 20, 2015
Adebuble:
quote author=post=39772212]
my bill so far is less than 7k and am having a planned CS @ Houston Northwest medical center, using a DR a little less than 2k dollars (all test, ultrasound) etc included.
Did a lot of research for this price.
Can pm me for details....
How about pediatrician fee, is it already included in the less dan 7k bill?
Houston Northwest mama's, what's up with the pediatrician's fee, no more update from there since
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 8:38pm On Nov 20, 2015
favoredgal:
i bought PTA for myself and my mom at 206.47 at Stanbic today.
Black market is 233k today
This dollar issue is becoming something else. GOD help us for this our country
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by twingirls: 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2015
firsttymum:
port health is the standard I think

Thanks, I believe I read somewhere they only give @ 32 weeks maximum, I just wanna be sure.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by twingirls: 8:47pm On Nov 20, 2015
favoredgal:

they accepted my hospital fit to fly the last time

Getting from my doc is really a long thing now, not sure it can be ready when the medical report I applied for 6 weeks ago is not yet ready, I'm thinking of just getting it @ port health but will be flying @ 34weeks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dere5: 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2015
temiedior:
Gud afternoon every one.m new here.m 29wks and wanna av my baby in d usa.dunno how to go abt it.never traveld b4 and I dont v anybody over there.pls put me tru.
Get your paper and biro and start reading from part 1 and taking notes,thats the only way you can learn,it will do you a lot of good

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by deeore: 10:09pm On Nov 20, 2015
Yaaaay counting down to end dis wonderful missionary journey n head on home,miss my dh and son,9ja passport processed and gotten in a day,us passport processed on Wednesday and received by mail todsy,also got ss Today,hospital sent zero balance...paid 4000dols for hosp bill n 1500 for doc,zero bal also done,did lab test,dats pap smear, hiv test n hep b at 36wks all cost 200dollars and change called dem shaparly n ended up paying 67dollars and change...yet to receive epidural bill,have asked hosp n doc if i get billed for paed but dey all dont know even the pead doesnt knw...pls who do i contact 4 epidural bill...aside from dat me n ma lo are waiting to port in 2wks time
Dats my story so far...

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by zoemummy: 10:36pm On Nov 20, 2015
deeore:
Yaaaay counting down to end dis wonderful missionary journey n head on home,miss my dh and son...aside from dat me n ma lo are waiting to port in 2wks time
Dats my story so far...

Wow! Congratulations! I can't wait to post this version of my journey wink God bless you and your baby.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shelly23: 11:43pm On Nov 20, 2015
You're not alone o! My own baby is 8mths and my belle now has a life of its own.

I'll suggest to start exercising and watching what you eat, e go beta!

Modele35:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Enyinne(f): 12:00am On Nov 21, 2015
They do and they can still reduce d week of pregnancy for u with little tip. Naija style.
twingirls:

Please, can port health give a fit to fly @ 34 weeks?

Does BA ask for fit to fly @ 34 weeks? And do they accept one from port health?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Enyinne(f): 12:07am On Nov 21, 2015
U are supposed to start wrapping ur tummy right after c-section as that was what my hospital does as that helps d uterus to go back inside. U can start now even though it's kinda late ..it doesn't hurt to try ur luck now

Modele35:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 1:01am On Nov 21, 2015
Enyinne:
U are supposed to start wrapping ur tummy right after c-section as that was what my hospital does as that helps d uterus to go back inside. U can start now even though it's kinda late ..it doesn't hurt to try ur luck now

Seems am quite lucky o! Two CS, I didn't wrap my belly (didn't know I needed to till you just said it) and it's down to its pre preg state, with jst a little hint of stretch marks. I'm originally Orobo sha, UK size 16/18, I don't even have to wear girdles cool

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 3:06am On Nov 21, 2015
anonymousmum:
^^^agree

Biko question for the house, when you want to travel to the US after missionary journey, are you expected to carry the original receipts?

Or are coloured copies enough. Or black and white self. Thanks all
If you have the originals then just carry it. Better if you ask me, to avoid stories that touch
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 3:08am On Nov 21, 2015
twingirls:

Thanks, I believe I read somewhere they only give @ 32 weeks maximum, I just wanna be sure.
If you read my post, you'll see where I stated they gave me at 36 weeks but they had to backdate cos their standard is 28 weeks.

Theirs supercedes all others cos it's med report from the federal govt
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by temiedior: 3:11am On Nov 21, 2015
dere5:

Get your paper and biro and start reading from part 1 and taking notes,thats the only way you can learn,it will do you a lot of good

Ok.thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 3:11am On Nov 21, 2015
nefertitiram:

Seems am quite lucky o! Two CS, I didn't wrap my belly (didn't know I needed to till you just said it) and it's down to its pre preg state, with jst a little hint of stretch marks. I'm originally Orobo sha, UK size 16/18, I don't even have to wear girdles cool
Lol, orobo to badt tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mystika(f): 4:23am On Nov 21, 2015
nefertitiram:

Hiiii, sorry I'm quoting this to ask an unrelated question but I am yet to fully understand how nairaland works. I noticed you used ETC for your baby, could you be kind enough to please share the contact details of the agent. I'm running out of time and yet to get my LO 's passport. Please do reply me as soon as you can. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bestnews: 6:27am On Nov 21, 2015
Mini Best News's Blue pkali arrived yesterday, Wife and Baby due to return 30th Nov Thursday and Friday is public holiday in us
How do I apply for Emergency Travel Certificate for Baby?
Which Authority issues Emergency Travel Certificate?
Contacts Please.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 6:49am On Nov 21, 2015
twingirls:

Getting from my doc is really a long thing now, not sure it can be ready when the medical report I applied for 6 weeks ago is not yet ready, I'm thinking of just getting it @ port health but will be flying @ 34weeks

In sure port can give u, you don't need it backdated, BA's policy is 36 weeks so u have nothing to worry about, just get there early.

From what Iv read it's 2k at the port health

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 6:55am On Nov 21, 2015
shrekandfiona:

If you read my post, you'll see where I stated they gave me at 36 weeks but they had to backdate cos their standard is 28 weeks.

Theirs supercedes all others cos it's med report from the federal govt

Wow if this is the case I shouldn't have cancelled my baby moon to Ghana cry
It's the fear of arik and their 28weeks policy that changed my mind

Ozycy pls when Airfrance sent you up for fit to fly was it 28wks port health wrote as well? Abeg come answer
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 7:13am On Nov 21, 2015
favoredgal:

Ozycy pls when Airfrance sent you up for fit to fly was it 28wks port health wrote as well? Abeg come answer

Yes they reduced the number of weeks at porthlt but I can't rmber d exact week she wrote.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by twingirls: 7:29am On Nov 21, 2015
temiedior:

Ok.thanks

Meanwhile, you need to be fast in making up your mind for a doctor, get about getting correspondence and getting your visa application in order! You are already 29wks and need to book your appointment early enuf to avoid stories that touch. Try to put in for medical in your application and visit the us visit thread also on Nairaland for guidance on filling your visa form and all visa relating issues. Then calmly settle down and read especially part 1and 2 of dis thread for visa interview preparations and for other guidelines you will need. Reading is very important and cannot be over emphasised. You can come back to the thread to ask questions if you are confused, mamas here are always willing to answer your questions.
I wish you favour
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 7:49am On Nov 21, 2015
@Nogen, God bless your pretty soul! You have always come to the aid of those in need. You will never lack help and love to your trio! *I couldn't help but express my appreciation to you. I personally don't need the info but I've always seen you come thru for peeps here*

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 7:51am On Nov 21, 2015
ozycy:

Yes they reduced the number of weeks at porthlt but I can't rmber d exact week she wrote.

I hear they are now near the toll is that true? This one klm/ air France always still sends people there, it may be worth while to go there first before going to the airport even though I have my doctors

What do u think?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 9:32am On Nov 21, 2015
favoredgal:

I hear they are now near the toll is that true? This one klm/ air France always still sends people there, it may be worth while to go there first before going to the airport even though I have my doctors

What do u think?
Are you talking abt lag or abj. Mine was in abj. I dunno abt dem being close to d toll

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (401)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65