Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (854109 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 10:22am On Nov 21, 2015
ozycy:

Are you talking abt lag or abj. Mine was in abj. I dunno abt dem being close to d toll

Ah I see.

I'm in Lagos
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by effectsbaby: 10:42am On Nov 21, 2015
cinakin:
cost effective? how much did you pay please? also does one pay full to the emergency surgeons or they have self pay option? i thought midwives delivers in their facility or home, how come its a hospital birth? person wey dey ask question no dey miss road oh grin

No i did not pay extra for the surgeon. Just showed up with the CNM during delivery at the hospital. they are in the same physician clinic but the VB went smoothly without hitches. I paid about $1800 for the CNM instead of $2300 for the doctor.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by effectsbaby: 10:46am On Nov 21, 2015
phyto:

I know Harrison Methodist in Fort Worth has CNMs. For birth center CNMs special beginnings in grand praire and fort worth birth center have CNMs. Dont know anything about their packages though, I use CPMs.

Thanks a million. Will check with the hospital and look through CPMs too; not considering birth centers though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jayjay4lyf: 10:55am On Nov 21, 2015
favoredgal:

I hear they are now near the toll is that true? This one klm/ air France always still sends people there, it may be worth while to go there first before going to the airport even though I have my doctors

What do u think?
Nooo they're downstairs just take a flight of stairs down from d depature floor(at the arrival I think) that's in Lagos, yes they do have an office at the toll, but that's not where u go for the fit to fly

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 11:52am On Nov 21, 2015
Hallos,
Av responded
mystika:

Hiiii, sorry I'm quoting this to ask an unrelated question but I am yet to fully understand how nairaland works. I noticed you used ETC for your baby, could you be kind enough to please share the contact details of the agent. I'm running out of time and yet to get my LO 's passport. Please do reply me as soon as you can. Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 11:53am On Nov 21, 2015
Wetin I go do na? Na so we see am

shrekandfiona:

Lol, orobo to badt tongue

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Amgizzie: 12:40pm On Nov 21, 2015
Does Port Health close? My flight is 11.40pm, would they still be there. I havent gotten a fit to fly. I'm trying to get it at a more affordable price as my hospital said 10k. Did anybody use just port health's fit to fly?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MumTee: 12:58pm On Nov 21, 2015
favoredgal:

In sure port can give u, you don't need it backdated, BA's policy is 36 weeks so u have nothing to worry about, just get there early.

From what Iv read it's 2k at the port health

Chei! 2k compared to 10k hospitals charge. Thot BA strictly wants it from the Doctor.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jayjay4lyf: 2:35pm On Nov 21, 2015
Amgizzie:
Does Port Health close? My flight is 11.40pm, would they still be there. I havent gotten a fit to fly. I'm trying to get it at a more affordable price as my hospital said 10k. Did anybody use just port health's fit to fly?

Ehn theyll be there, but for 11:40 check in opens 3hrs b4 na so dats like 8:40. But you're advised to go earlier sha, and mind u immigration etc can take more than one hour plus before u reach yr gate, am paranoid about missing my flight sha lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 2:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MayMaj(f): 3:19pm On Nov 21, 2015
Sisitee:
Hi all, been a silent follower of this thread and said I will post my experience once I port. Will like to thank all that have contributed it help immensely.i went through part 1-3and d info I got helped. Prayer and burden of proof cannot be overemphasized. I got my visa when I was 3 moths pregnant for vacation, I wasn't asked if I was pregnant during the interview(lucky me). I stumbled on this thread shortly after. I digested it inside out and proceeded on my missionary journey via BA to newyork enroute New Jersey.went with almost 11k thanks to Travelex changing at 196 .found Gods favor all d way. Got to POE and met dis evil CBP.asked purpose of visit, told him to deliver collected all my docs and took me secondary inspection by himself. Handed me to one guy saying she was pregnant during interview and she didn't declare. The other Guy said it doesn't matter as far as she has her money and docs. He was still arguing o, see me see trouble. After the guy told him to go Bac to his post that he will sort me out.the guy left reluctantly.after 10 mins he called me up, asked if I was pregnant during interview I said yes, he then asked y I wanted to give birth I and better healthcare bla bla. Stamped me in till may, said if I needed to stay longer I should notify immigration for an extension and to always keep my receipts. ThankGod for divine favor and thanks to all nairalanders who contributed to this thread. Any new jersey moms around , pls holla

Currently in NJ... Congrats on ur successful POE
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 4:33pm On Nov 21, 2015
Hi dear.. Can I pm you?
effectsbaby:

No i did not pay extra for the surgeon. Just showed up with the CNM during delivery at the hospital. they are in the same physician clinic but the VB went smoothly without hitches. I paid about $1800 for the CNM instead of $2300 for the doctor.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 5:08pm On Nov 21, 2015
nefertitiram:

Seems am quite lucky o! Two CS, I didn't wrap my belly (didn't know I needed to till you just said it) and it's down to its pre preg state, with jst a little hint of stretch marks. I'm originally Orobo sha, UK size 16/18, I don't even have to wear girdles cool

See flavour's bae o.

as in your hips na 44 n u r 24? Lwith a flat tummy ?? Hmmmm Good lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 5:41pm On Nov 21, 2015
neks31:

See flavour's bae o.

as in your hips na 44 n u r 24? Lwith a flat tummy ?? Hmmmm Good lol

I wish! Pre preg state was originally orobo! grin so belly is back to the way it was, no extra tyres, just the same tyres that have always been there.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Peebles23(f): 5:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
Visa was granted on Thursday in abj ooo even though all other consular has closed during our interview ooo this our particular consular refused to leave me nd DH oooooo sotey him ask where me nd DH met. Lolz thanks to all that inspired Pple like us ooo that was once rejected. It was prayers and

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by zoemummy: 6:30pm On Nov 21, 2015
Peebles23:
Visa was granted on Thursday in abj ooo even though all other consular has closed during our interview ooo this our particular consular refused to leave me nd DH oooooo sotey him ask where me nd DH met. Lolz thanks to all that inspired Pple like us ooo that was once rejected. It was prayers and

Congratulations!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 6:33pm On Nov 21, 2015
feddy27:
@Nogen, God bless your pretty soul! You have always come to the aid of those in need. You will never lack help and love to your trio! *I couldn't help but express my appreciation to you. I personally don't need the info but I've always seen you come thru for peeps here*

Amen! Amen! Amen! Thank you my brother. Big giant hug.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2015
mystika:

Thank you so much. May you never be stranded. Appreciate it.

AMEN!!! And you too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 6:35pm On Nov 21, 2015
ayanuke:

Hi Nogen, how are u and ur tripple blessings?

We are good my sis. Thanks for checking up on us. Bless you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2015
Nogen:

Amen! Amen! Amen! Thank you my brother. Big giant hug.

You are welcome dear... I'm a babe o *smiles*
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 6:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
feddy27:

You are welcome dear... I'm a babe o *smiles*

Lol. Thanks babe. No vex o. Na the name feddy27 confuse me.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 7:00pm On Nov 21, 2015
I cldnt comment on any thread o... Afraid catch me.

Now I'm back grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 7:03pm On Nov 21, 2015
Brown and associates are the laziest and slowest of all the d people u have to settle ur bill with. They ain't joking with ur two weeks o. They will tell u two weeks after u r discharged.... And mehn dem no dey play

We've settled every bill. We r just waiting for brown and associates like kilode.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 7:30pm On Nov 21, 2015
firsttymum:
Brown and associates are the laziest and slowest of all the d people u have to settle ur bill with. They ain't joking with ur two weeks o. They will tell u two weeks after u r discharged.... And mehn dem no dey play

We've settled every bill. We r just waiting for brown and associates like kilode.

It will come. Hv u called them?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by toludestin(f): 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
anonymousmum:
^^^agree

Biko question for the house, when you want to travel to the US after missionary journey, are you expected to carry the original receipts?

Or are coloured copies enough. Or black and white self. Thanks all

Photocopies either coloured or black and white will suffice from my previous experience.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 7:56pm On Nov 21, 2015
firsttymum:

You can call them on the phone, they will tell you the amount and any discount you are entitled to, pay over the phone and they will send zero bal to your email
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 7:59pm On Nov 21, 2015
favoredgal:

It will come. Hv u called them?
feddy27:

You can call them on the phone, they will tell you the amount and any discount you are entitled to, pay over the phone and they will send zero bal to your email
I have o... They said my bill isn't ready.... Mscheew
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by twingirls: 8:05pm On Nov 21, 2015
Peebles23:
Visa was granted on Thursday in abj ooo

Congrats dear, we expect the full gist
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dere5: 8:54pm On Nov 21, 2015
Peebles23:
Congrats, God pass all of them.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Enyinne(f): 10:53pm On Nov 21, 2015
Pls,is there any immunization I need to give baby immediately we arrive naija. Baby is 3weeks now and we came into naija today. Pls any direction on this..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 11:22pm On Nov 21, 2015
Enyinne:
Pls,is there any immunization I need to give baby immediately we arrive naija. Baby is 3weeks now and we came into naija today. Pls any direction on this..

Go to ur hospital and collect the inmunization card. That will guide u, there is bcg for sure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.