Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (853151 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ebonychic18(f): 11:23am On Jan 05, 2016
omodadi:
Good morning everyone and happy new year.
Please I like to confirm if I can go for visa interview with a scanned and printed document?
I have an intro letter from my organisation scanned to me from head office and I printed. Please is this acceptable?
well I guess it should be okay as long as it's letter headed paper, signed and stamped. Mine was typed and signed though.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by FFFB: 11:26am On Jan 05, 2016
Hello Peeps ,

Pls journey begins first week of feb , pls where can I change money asap . or wat do I do to get dollars ?

thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Able15: 11:28am On Jan 05, 2016
shawlar:

First bank used to do this for me till last week when they denied my card repeatedly. I called them and they said they are no longer honoring Naira payments on foreign sites, that I should use the 'pay in dollar' option... I changed my payment currency to $$ on Amazon and first bank honored it but converted @ their own rate i.e 273 undecided undecided...

Lmao! I no fit
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:38am On Jan 05, 2016
Apple19:
Thanks @favouredgal for your help, may the Lord bless your knowledge.

@All, was at Lufthansa office yesterday and asked repeated questions about their pregnancy policy. The lady (feeling and looking tired sef) said their policy is to fly pregnant women even till their 36th week. So asked why preggy mamas are being embarrassed (@firsttymum), she siad it depends on thier "instinct". That if they suspect the Mama might be untruthful about their week(as in bigger Tommy) or might be carrying multiple and declared single and they suspect, then they'll send the person back or ask to see their own doctors report (Julius begger Hosp or so). Also, if the individual is looking sick or swollen feet even before boarding, they won't want to take chance.

So I think they use their "instinct" rather than policy. So she said in case am not convinced, I can go with my Doctor's report, still fill their own medical form and print also get fit to fly from port health. If they ask for any, I can always have them handy. Also adviced I have photocopy of all.

I paid ,$1543.96 (#308,789) or so at the rate of #200/$1 I think. return ticket to dallas. I feel this info might help someone. ......goodmorning and have a waddling-filled day

The people at the counter lack information.
I intentionally didn't back date my pregnancy or lie about it... Had my Dr's report
Even downloaded lufthansa fit to fly which was signed and stamped by my Dr.

The lady in charge lacked information... She said I was too far gone BullShit. I was 34 weeks.... Abi 33 weeks
That's not all... She didn't even know their website stated 36 weeks... I opened it on my phone, she took it upstairs after wasting time waiting for check in counter to close, she now came down and said it's not lufthansa but it's naija aviation rule not to carry after 28 weeks. Main while I went to Naija aviation tingy... Guess what? there's no rule like that...

So my dear even if u met whoever, if that's person isn't at the check in counter to cough out all the information she just gave u, U r on ur own.

Go on time and pray u have an enlightened person in charge
If any issues ask to speak to their superior.... So get to the airport on time.

Their superior had all this information u typed... But he wasn't at the check in counter.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by teefex: 11:54am On Jan 05, 2016
favoredgal:

Your best bet is moneygram, as things are now the landing cost is 210-212 which is the best deal available, if you can get multiple people to send so you can send all your money down that will be the cheapest

Black market is 265 today which is cheaper than the banks so coming to swipe your card is the most expensive of all

Good luck

Pls I have a question about this moneygram, I have asked before but nobody replied me. If I do moneygram and send all my money abroad,what proof will I have at POE that I have money with someone abroad or d money is mine. Pls is really urgent travelling 3rd week of January. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 12:03pm On Jan 05, 2016
teefex:

Pls I have a question about this moneygram, I have asked before but nobody replied me. If I do moneygram and send all my money abroad,what proof will I have at POE that I have money with someone abroad or d money is mine. Pls is really urgent travelling 3rd week of January. Thanks

I gave a suggestion to Apple on this exact question just a page behind undecided
Do you wanna flip back and check?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 12:04pm On Jan 05, 2016
IjayMama:
Thanks vcole.
Cos I read a few pages back about Air France's policy of insisting pregnant passengers must get fit to fly from Port Health. So if the one from my hospital is not recognised, don't wanna waste my money paying a lot for it. Will just head to the airport early enough...
Please has anyone flown Air france lately? Any helpful info?

If you are flying from Lagos they don't ask for fit to fly

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by teefex: 12:17pm On Jan 05, 2016
favoredgal:

I gave a suggestion to Apple on this exact question just a page behind undecided
Do you wanna flip back and check?

Thanks just saw it, was carried away immediately I saw the question apple19 asked was like this is the same question I have been asking didn't read further until I posted my question

Will 3 weeks or 1 month old statement of account be convincing at POE?
Pls does anyone know if oakbend collects medical bills payment before getting to the state
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 1:29pm On Jan 05, 2016
Apple19:

I paid ,$1543.96 (#308,789) or so at the rate of #200/$1 I think. return ticket to dallas.
Finally you ve bought your ticket. Thank GOD
grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ccurrie: 1:32pm On Jan 05, 2016
really? no hormones here. I only directed the persons attention to the fact that what the person was saying he/she could not do was what I already said I did not want anyone to bother with as I understand everyone is busy. sorry you see it that way. My apologies to everyone slighted..
Bisoye82:

You are right.when I saw her response I just walked away. lipsrsealed no hard feelings smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:38pm On Jan 05, 2016
teefex:

Thanks just saw it, was carried away immediately I saw the question apple19 asked was like this is the same question I have been asking didn't read further until I posted my question

Will 3 weeks or 1 month old statement of account be convincing at POE?
Pls does anyone know if oakbend collects medical bills payment before getting to the state

Both questions have been answered a few pages back
Do you wanna flip back and check

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ccurrie: 1:45pm On Jan 05, 2016
Shocking that the objective persons I told to help check if I had a response found the comment I responded to rude, but you don't. I found it rude myself so that may have affected my response. No hormones...that's what I would say to that pregnant or not... I only directed the person's attention to the fact that what the person said I should not expect him/her to do for me was what I already said I did not expect anyone to bother with as I understand everyone is busy. My sincere apologies to the person if he/she felt slighted. and many thanks for letting me know. I'm grateful.

vcole:
Hey, I know hormones and stress may be kicking in but I think you should chill out though seeing as you don't wanna ward off other helpful folks. Your comments on Bigfido's posts are coming off as "rude-ish"
My 2 cents though. No offence.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ccurrie: 1:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
Whoa! thanks..that's really helpful.
Able15:

Not sure bentaub bills are straight forward. My good friend had a terrible experience with them late 2013.
Do make sure you confirm their rates and agree with them first. To avoid stories that touch.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kemodi: 1:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
Thanks peeps. I appreciate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ccurrie: 2:02pm On Jan 05, 2016
I may have misjudged your tone. My apologies. Hope it's fine.
bigfido:

There are cheaper ones but each of the hospitals has peculiar issues that has been discussed in the previous threads. I can tell you Houston Northwest is cheaper but when you get slammed with a paediatrician bill that is ridiculous, have I done you any good? As it is as well, I can't list the peculiarities of each hospital to you. Your research therefore goes beyond name of hospitals. When you strive to thoroughly "glance through" you will find more useful information. That's my two cents. Happy hunting

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by oyin3: 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2016
@Vcole
If my question was "Jamb questions", heh, you just gave me a full paged expo! grin
I'm most grateful.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by FFFB: 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2016
Pls help oooo , Dollars is needed asap , was at GTB and ECO Bank today and they said no more PTA , they sent me to black market , Eco bank still managed to accept western union but you cant do more than 200k per quarter , this is serious ooo , someone pls help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by akelvin(f): 2:36pm On Jan 05, 2016
@mumtee;my dear those people r very stiff when one is asking for further discount u will keep going back n forth n d deadline they gave is counting.congrats dear we just thank God mum n baby is fine
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2016
FFFB:
Pls help oooo , Dollars is needed asap , was at GTB and ECO Bank today and they said no more PTA , they sent me to black market , Eco bank still managed to accept western union but you cant do more than 200k per quarter , this is serious ooo , someone pls help

200k is officially $1k. If you want to send $6k all you need is 6 people to help you, your dad, mum, hubby, siblings? And hurry!!!!! The banks Wil soon say they have exhausted their quota for the quarter

Desperate times calls for desperate measures

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by FFFB: 3:58pm On Jan 05, 2016
favoredgal:

200k is officially $1k. If you want to send $6k all you need is 6 people to help you, your dad, mum, hubby, siblings? And hurry!!!!! The banks Wil soon say they have exhausted their quota for the quarter

Desperate times calls for desperate measures

thanks so much , but then how do I present evidence of transfer from different people at the POE , or how does it work ?, pls shed more light on this
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kemodi: 4:27pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hello house, this forum has really been helpful. I am looking for good hospital with an average cost that will not rob the bank for normal delivery and c section in SAN PEDRO, Los Angeles, California. Any useful information including hospital names will be appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Posh404: 4:39pm On Jan 05, 2016
ozycy:

Chai, kpele
I droff cap for u pple travelling alone with kids plus belle. Infact, I throway Salute join. I no fit. Jisie Ike.

Honestly I cannot fit...just came back from vacation today with my 20 month old son....wetin he take my eye see no be small
POE was smooth ...my belle never come out sha..so no query. The office just played with my son and scanned us in. Will be going back may or June for my missionary journey. I pray for a smooth and favorable POE for everyone of us here.
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Posh404: 4:44pm On Jan 05, 2016
ccurrie:
Hi. Pls I've been hearing about this Dr. E. so far I've only been in touch with Dr F. Is the cost the same? I'm assuming you're talking about OBMC.
Hello dear. Pls can you email me Dr F contact. Still trying to hook up with a doctor Thanks.
beeptemi@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
FFFB:

thanks so much , but then how do I present evidence of transfer from different people at the POE , or how does it work ?, pls shed more light on this
You can flip back to the last page....

Meanwhile I just got an email from Stanbic that they are resuming PTA sales but you need to pre book two weeks to your travel date.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by teefex: 4:58pm On Jan 05, 2016
mymy2015:

So u saying the 208 I got at confirmation is likely to be wht I will be charged eventually? *praying hands*

Hello @mymy2015, I saw ur post on how u paid ur medical bills through d doctor's office by asking someone to pay for u over there.
I want to pay Mt medical bills too and I intend using Dr E but her office said the don't accept pre payment am traveling 3rd week of Jan.

Pls which doctor's office did u pay through cos I can't get $ here but I have people that can make the payment for me in the states. Pls is kin of urgent. I can PM u, if u don't mind
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by toparie: 5:11pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hello people, please is there anyone returning to Naij anytime real soon?

I'm yet to pierce my 3 months old baby's ears cos I'm a bit worried about the earrings they use here and cos I'm a big massive wimp that's scared of needles and pain. I want to get her one of them 14k gold ones sold in Claire's with the safety backs to prevent it pricking her when she lies on it

So I'd be really grateful if any of you kind mamas could pick one up for me and I could either pay it back in naira or transfer dollars to the persons account.

Please holla back and let me know if it's possible. Many thanks in advance and God bless you huge
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kejjie: 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2016
For stanbic account holder,just received an emai from the bank for those wiling to get travelling allowance,all u av to take to them is a photocopy of bio-data page of your passport,visa page,return ticket,BVN no,account no and telephone no to reach you.

Note:you have to notify them 2 weeks prior to your department and you can only get it at their registered office at IBTC place on Walter Carrington.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 6:00pm On Jan 05, 2016
Lasgidi stanbic account holder.... U r lucky... Pta sale started yday.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 6:46pm On Jan 05, 2016
ccurrie:
Whoa! thanks..that's really helpful.

hi,
this is a classic case of what i was trying to explain to you. some come off cheaper at first, but when you research further, you start to hear funny stories. i am not slighted about your response even thou i perceived it as quite defensive. I understand the burden involved too. just try to research well before making your decision about the hospital to use. Even thou i have been here for sometime and i have gathered much info, i still come back to look for something new so as not to be caught off guard. I pray for strength for you. pele. have a lovely day ahead. this website can also be a guide for you as it has a lot of hospitals and there average prices therein. http://hcahealthcare.com/pricing-financing/

good luck ma

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ccurrie: 7:04pm On Jan 05, 2016
ok.
Posh404:

Hello dear. Pls can you email me Dr F contact. Still trying to hook up with a doctor Thanks.
beeptemi@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ccurrie: 7:05pm On Jan 05, 2016
hmm.. now I understand. Thanks a million.
bigfido:

hi,
this is a classic case of what i was trying to explain to you. some come off cheaper at first, but when you research further, you start to hear funny stories. i am not slighted about your response even thou i perceived it as quite defensive. I understand the burden involved too. just try to research well before making your decision about the hospital to use. Even thou i have been here for sometime and i have gathered much info, i still come back to look for something new so as not to be caught off guard. I pray for strength for you. pele. have a lovely day ahead. this website can also be a guide for you as it has a lot of hospitals and there average prices therein. http://hcahealthcare.com/pricing-financing/

good luck ma

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.