Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (853326 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anizi(f): 2:28pm On Jan 04, 2016
neks31:
Ozcy thanks jare !!! But dunno where my lady is taking us as per d accommodation is filled up for now.. Anyways it will end in praise jare.

Theres a way Amazon does it, they can bill you direct in Naira, which is way better than bank exchange rate, or they bill you in Usd and the bank changes with ther own rate. Open an account with Amazon and choose Naira as ur currency or when you enter your card detail
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 2:42pm On Jan 04, 2016
you will be fine ok? just take deep breaths and chill.
neks31:
Ozcy thanks jare !!! But dunno where my lady is taking us as per d accommodation is filled up for now.. Anyways it will end in praise jare.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 2:43pm On Jan 04, 2016
anizi:

Theres a way Amazon does it, they can bill you direct in Naira, which is way better than bank exchange rate, or they bill you in Usd and the bank changes with ther own rate. Open an account with Amazon and choose Naira as ur currency or when you enter your card detail

Wow lemme do it right away then !! That's so cool. Tnx dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 2:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
I may be wrong but i think if you wanna use the port health fit to fly then you will have to go to the port health clinic before check-in.
IjayMama:
Hello people...hope everyone had a fab holiday.
Just requested for my medical report & fit to fly from my hospital & they are billing me an arm & a leg for each. Can i simply use the fit to fly from Port Health? Would close eye & pay only for the medical report. I'm flying Air France...Anyone been in a similar situation?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 2:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
vcole:
you will be fine ok? just take deep breaths and chill.

(((((( h u g s) ))))
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 2:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
exactly
anizi:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 2:52pm On Jan 04, 2016
fasting and prayer things grin
mall trekking things
favoredgal:

Tire no be lazy o! cry baby is just gaining fat comfortably
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 2:57pm On Jan 04, 2016
Oh yes that's true o. You can pay in naira with Amazon. Just select naira payment. We just need to know if this can go pass the $1k monthly cap. Na amazon man yo dey shop now.. Kikikikiki
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 2:57pm On Jan 04, 2016
Oh yes that's true o. You can pay in naira with Amazon. Just select naira payment. We just need to know if this can go pass the $1k monthly cap. Na amazon man yo dey shop now.. Kikikikikiki
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 2:58pm On Jan 04, 2016
happy new year all!

Still on the search for PTA...any new leads? Thanks...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mymy2015: 3:17pm On Jan 04, 2016
neks31:

Wow so why did GTB do me like this?? I used my card to buy something for my baby .. I've not even calculated d xRate.. Smh

My acct balance still hasnt changed even after the purchase (both book and available balance) so will know for sure wht their exvhange rate is oh! Cos urs shd be like 270!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2016
mymy2015:

My acct balance still hasnt changed even after the purchase (both book and available balance) so will know for sure wht their exvhange rate is oh! Cos urs shd be like 270!

I didn't even bother converting it!!! This is my last card business here Biko.. Lemme finish my cash first..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mymy2015: 3:22pm On Jan 04, 2016
anizi:

So u saying the 208 I got at confirmation is likely to be wht I will be charged eventually? *praying hands*
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2016
mymy2015:

So u saying the 208 I got at confirmation is likely to be wht I will be charged eventually? *praying hands*

Nope, sorry to burst ur bubble.

Infact UBA declined my transactions because of the Amazon rates. You will still be charged at bank rate if the transaction is approved.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anizi(f): 3:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
nefertitiram:

Infact UBA declined my transactions because of the Amazon rates. You will still be charged at bank rate if the transaction is approved.

Wow, this is New to me, usually get charged the amazon rate. Anyways, keep us updated when you balance changes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 4:01pm On Jan 04, 2016
This card drama. #sighingfordays
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ccurrie: 4:26pm On Jan 04, 2016
thank you. For many pages there is nothing on it and in all my reading, 4 were mentioned which are not even cheaper. Anyway, I can't read through all the threads now that it's last minute which is why I do not expect one person to reply me. If you had one in mind it would take you relatively d same or less time n space to say "OakBend Houston". Not a biggie if you know one...well that's my thinking. Thanks though for your advice.
bigfido:

If you read through, you will find hospitals that are cheaper. Good luck reading

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ccurrie: 4:42pm On Jan 04, 2016
Please can people reply me on this thread? Since I was directed here a few wks ago, I have gathered all d info on change of intent, POEs to avoid, good doctors and all... I did not ask any unnecessary questions and I did the research myself. Now I need to leave soon and so far in all my reading havent really found hospitals cheaper than oakbend. If you know one could you just drop the name (not cost or quote or number) so I can google d rest and contact them? we know how the thread is I have looked through alot of the convo...all the parts, but hospital names come up very randomly and I can't just know if ts cheaper or not. So if you know, please help. thank u and God bless you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Omodaraju: 4:53pm On Jan 04, 2016
ccurrie:
Please can people reply me on this thread? Since I was directed here a few wks ago, I have gathered all d info on change of intent, POEs to avoid, good doctors and all... I did not ask any unnecessary questions and I did the research myself. Now I need to leave soon and so far in all my reading havent really found hospitals cheaper than oakbend. If you know one could you just drop the name (not cost or quote or number) so I can google d rest and contact them? we know how the thread is I have looked through alot of the convo...all the parts, but hospital names come up very randomly and I can't just know if ts cheaper or not. So if you know, please help. thank u and God bless you.

Hi ccurrie, Check out HNMC - Houston Northwest Medical Center or WHMC - West Houston Medical Center. Bear in mind though, that it is the combination of Obgyn, Hospital, Lab, Nursery, Paed, Epidural fees etc. that determines whether the entire package is cheaper or not. But i hope this info can help with a shorter research period. You will have to do a bit of calling to get a combo that is fair for you.

All the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 5:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
Hello guys, I want to ask a very " queer" question hmmmm!!!
Qts: this is prolly for igbos tho, pls what do u do with d umbilical cord of d baby when it falls off?? Like when I had my girl , my mom took hers to my inlaws or something.. Do u guys leave it back here cos I heard dat wherever it is that use here d baby is tied to .. Hmmm hope am making small sense LMAO!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 6:02pm On Jan 04, 2016
ccurrie:
try bentaub...
I know it's cheaper..
But u don't av a specific Dr.. It's kinda like a teaching Hospital.
the ward isn't a room to urself. It's divided...

(But u can Remove the epidural fee from the hospital u av seen so far and it'll b cheaper)

Before my pm is bombarded By people
That's all d information I have...
I don't have any other extra information about it pls.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jayjay4lyf: 6:07pm On Jan 04, 2016
neks31:
Qts: this is prolly for igbos tho, pls what do u do with d umbilical cord of d baby when it falls off?? Like when I had my girl , my mom took hers to my inlaws or something.. Do u guys leave it back here cos I heard dat wherever it is that use here d baby is tied to .. Hmmm hope am making small sense LMAO!

Kikikikikikikikiki
So better leave am there ooo, cos if you bring it back here your Americana pikin will be tied to naija and the whole aim of your missionary journey will be defeated kikikikikikikikiki

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 6:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
ccurrie:
thank you. For many pages there is nothing on it and in all my reading, 4 were mentioned which are not even cheaper. Anyway, I can't read through all the threads now that it's last minute which is why I do not expect one person to reply me. If you had one in mind it would take you relatively d same or less time n space to say "OakBend Houston". Not a biggie if you know one...well that's my thinking. Thanks though for your advice.

There are cheaper ones but each of the hospitals has peculiar issues that has been discussed in the previous threads. I can tell you Houston Northwest is cheaper but when you get slammed with a paediatrician bill that is ridiculous, have I done you any good? As it is as well, I can't list the peculiarities of each hospital to you. Your research therefore goes beyond name of hospitals. When you strive to thoroughly "glance through" you will find more useful information. That's my two cents. Happy hunting
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 6:53pm On Jan 04, 2016
jayjay4lyf:

Kikikikikikikikiki
So better leave am there ooo, cos if you bring it back here your Americana pikin will be tied to naija and the whole aim of your missionary journey will be defeated kikikikikikikikiki
kikikikikikikikiki

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 7:02pm On Jan 04, 2016
neks31:
Lol. Throway the thing inside dustbin Biko.
You fit throway am for Yankee der if you want ur baby to be tied to Yankee or you come back home and bury or throw it if you want him/her to be tied to Naija tongue. (from your assumption)
I heard that too but I refuse to believe it Hian. grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 7:09pm On Jan 04, 2016
jayjay4lyf:

Kikikikikikikikiki
How sure are you that her aim of going for the missionary journey is for her American baby to be tied to America.
I refuse to believe that's what everybody's aim is.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Apple19: 7:11pm On Jan 04, 2016
√PTA, =Not selling

√BTA, = Not available

√MONEY GRAM, = #190k/quater (+14k charges)

√WESTERN UNION = Don't understand how it works

√ABOKI = #280/1$

√Cash= Needed for POE's sake!!!!

Pls help my ministry O before I go insane bikoooooo

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 7:11pm On Jan 04, 2016
anizi:

First bank used to do this for me till last week when they denied my card repeatedly. I called them and they said they are no longer honoring Naira payments on foreign sites, that I should use the 'pay in dollar' option... I changed my payment currency to $$ on Amazon and first bank honored it but converted @ their own rate i.e 273 undecided undecided...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 7:14pm On Jan 04, 2016
nefertitiram:

Yep.. Had to change my payment currency to dollar in order for the transaction to be approved and got charged N273 to a dollar
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adiahabasi: 7:15pm On Jan 04, 2016
neks31:
Its not a queer question...very delicate issue for some tribes...the diabolic things done wt d cord make me cringe (village ppl can be fetish..lets protect our innocent children) My dear just flush it yourself..don't give your baby's cord to anyone..if your inlaws ask later..you can give them some cock and bull's story for peace sake.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 7:19pm On Jan 04, 2016
neks31:

anoint and pray over it then burn it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 7:20pm On Jan 04, 2016
firsttymum:
So I changed the fuse... My step down is working.... *inserts dance smiley"

Cc shawlar

Yeeaahh... The fuse is usually the only thing that spoils in those step downs - they are pretty rugged
I guess changing it was far easier than u going to unload your unchill on them.... grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.