Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (854140 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 8:11am On Jan 21, 2016
jacksparow:

Yaay! Okay cool. The cheapest I have seen so far in Naples, Florida is $99 dollars per week. But the search was done on the Internet, my DW may have to physically go to the day care and negotiate. So if anyone knows any in another state, I can search for them in Naples. Thanks.

Usually, they are not formalised. You are allowed to take care of up to 9 kids at home (with approval) so you may not find them online. I'm sure some nigerian families may offer the services. DW shd ask in church or in the neighbourhood

You can hire a babysitter through sittercity.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 9:05am On Jan 21, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:
Hello everyone,
d)
Maybe the tsunami took some of ur post.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 9:25am On Jan 21, 2016
Hello everyone,
Please, has anyone given birth in durham, North carolina or know much about there ot anywhere in north carolina. I am so angry right now. After, I have concluded plans to go to el paso. I hv gotten my dr's letter and even gotten a vbac friendly hospital. My dad decided to suggest to my husband that we go to north carolina because he has a friend there and accomodation, transportation and feeding will be saved. Now, this depends on how much hospital bill is in North carolina and how friendly they are with vbac cos i would prefer not to have a second CS. I cried all through the night cos I hate when my concluded plans are scattered and I have to start afresh. Now, my husband buys my dad's idea.
I will be making some new calls today to north carolina to know how much it costs but if u hv any idea or any hospital. Pls, dnt hesitate to share.
ALSO, CAN I BUY MY TICKET TO NORTH CAROLINA BUT SHOW THEM MY DR'S CORRESPONDENCE AND HOSPITAL BILLS FOR ELPASO. If yes, would they ask me why I didn't buy my ticket direct to elpaso and what I came to do wherever I landed first.
Also, momma's planning to travel nxt month, whats the deal with getting some dollars.
SORRY FOR THE LONG POST. I JUST NEEDED TO SHARE MY ANNOYANCE WITH YOU PEOPLE. PROBLEM SHARED IS HALF SOLVED PLUS I HAVEN'T SLEPT SINCE LAST NIGHT MY DAD CALLED TO TELL ME IT MUST BE DURHAM, NC. He likes everyone buying his opinion....
The End. Thanks everyone.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 9:43am On Jan 21, 2016
ozycy:

Maybe the tsunami took some of ur post.

Thanks , went back and noticed that posts from January to July 2014 were raptured. I think i joined then.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 10:01am On Jan 21, 2016
I renewed my visa last week via Dropbox. I had read about people being called for interviews even after applying via dropbox and I didn't want to attend a second interview. For my initial visa I applied with my husband for tourism (I was pregnant at the time of application) but later learnt that people were mailing the consulate to declare change of intent, so I did that and got a generic response. I used the visa in 2014 to give birth and again in 2015 for vacation.

For the renewal we agreed that I should apply for a medical visa instead of stressing over anything while he applied for business/tourism. Same B1/B2 just different reasons and different intended length of visit. 3 months for me , 2 weeks for him. So I was certain that I would be called for interview, anyway I wasn't, my visa was renewed after 4 days.

Question now is has anyone had any experience with this quarantining thing? Or is it just peculiar to dallas. They keep telling me that to give birth in the hospital (which I used last time oh) I have to have been in the state or the US for 30 days prior to delivery and that anyone who intends to join me in L and D must also meet that requirement. Does anyone know about this and is it strictly applied?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 10:03am On Jan 21, 2016
emeldamicheals:
Hello everyone,
Please, has anyone given birth in durham, North carolina or know much about there ot anywhere in north carolina. I am so angry right now. After, I have concluded plans to go to el paso. I hv gotten my dr's letter and even gotten a vbac friendly hospital. My dad decided to suggest to my husband that we go to north carolina because he has a friend there and accomodation, transportation and feeding will be saved. Now, this depends on how much hospital bill is in North carolina and how friendly they are with vbac cos i would prefer not to have a second CS. I cried all through the night cos I hate when my concluded plans are scattered and I have to start afresh. Now, my husband buys my dad's idea.
I will be making some new calls today to north carolina to know how much it costs but if u hv any idea or any hospital. Pls, dnt hesitate to share.
ALSO, CAN I BUY MY TICKET TO NORTH CAROLINA BUT SHOW THEM MY DR'S CORRESPONDENCE AND HOSPITAL BILLS FOR ELPASO. If yes, would they ask me why I didn't buy my ticket direct to elpaso and what I came to do wherever I landed first.
Also, momma's planning to travel nxt month, whats the deal with getting some dollars.
SORRY FOR THE LONG POST. I JUST NEEDED TO SHARE MY ANNOYANCE WITH YOU PEOPLE. PROBLEM SHARED IS HALF SOLVED PLUS I HAVEN'T SLEPT SINCE LAST NIGHT MY DAD CALLED TO TELL ME IT MUST BE DURHAM, NC. He likes everyone buying his opinion....
Sweetheart, I hope am crossing any line.wipe your eyes sharply. Don't you know how to smile and nod your head then go ahead with your own plans.
Make sure you are in charge of your travel plans and and all monies are in your account even if it's in hubby's account systematically hold the cards. Then jejely port to Elpaso and later handle hubby and daddy with sweet talk. Meanwhile as a story that touch the pocket warning,check Olaideodes post about birthing in North Carolina. Cheers

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 10:13am On Jan 21, 2016
[
[/quote]

Sorry for all the wahala but I don't think it's advisable to use one dr's correspondence to gain entry and then end up using a different doctor , it may give you issues at the Poe but will surely give you issues for a renewal .

In this economic situation, it's not advisable to try something new oh, better to try the tested and trusted ones because you don't want to get caught up with bills and start owing the US. So if you can't find anyone to guarantee a doctor and hospital, it may be wiser to stick to your initial plan as earlier stated. Budget it well and see whether removing the cost of accomodation, feeding and transportation would make it cheaper to be in NC. Also make up your mind that you're prepared to stay with people because it's not easy for such a long stay.
If you decide to go ahead and get adequate correspondence, you are good to go!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 21, 2016
Hello house! Myself and DH went to 'collect" our white paper today.... don't mind me, God did it as if we kept it with them ni. Transcript here:

VO: Good morning
DH: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: where are you going in the US
DH: Houston Texas
VO: purpose
DH: Child delivery for my wife and I want to witness the birth of my baby
VO: What do you
DH: I am Bleep and Bleep and my wife works at Bleep
VO: Madam what do you do at Bleep
Me: I am a Bleep
VO: Do you have a doctor
Me: Yes I do, I'm in contact with doc Bleep and I have corresponce from her
VO: How much will this cost
Me: About 15,000 dollars
VO: is any other person going with you
Me: Yes, mum. But will come for her white paper later
VO: How about accommodation
Me: Am in contact with Bleep where I will be staying for the duration
VO: How long do you want to stay
Me: 2 months, and DH quickly added while raising up his hand ' and 1 month for me'
VO: And where will you be staying
Me: Then I said full name of hotel, also stated that am in contact with them
VO: kept typing.......laterr we saw hand stretched to the white paper, then we nor hear anything again, na so so turanshi

Thanks to God for everything and to everybody here who has contributed one way or the other.....

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:09am On Jan 21, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:
[

Sorry for all the wahala but I don't think it's advisable to use one dr's correspondence to gain entry and then end up using a different doctor , it may give you issues at the Poe but will surely give you issues for a renewal .

In this economic situation, it's not advisable to try something new oh, better to try the tested and trusted ones because you don't want to get cut up with bills and start owing the US So if you can't find anyone to guarantee a doctor and hospital, it may be wiser to stick to your initial plan as earlier stated. Budget it well and see whether removing the cost of accomodation, feeding and transportation would make it cheaper to be in NC. Also make up your mind that you're prepared to stay with people because it's not easy for such a long stay.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:10am On Jan 21, 2016
Congratulations omodadi

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by raptor2: 11:44am On Jan 21, 2016
firsttymum:
Awwww those rejected... Kpele. Ask questions we are here to help as u re-apply. It is well
@ Firsttymum
Thanks
Please I have questions ooooo. I want to reapply. I went initially with my Lo. Now that I want to reapply should I go alone or go as a family.
Secondly I was asked if I had anyone in USA and I said no but my hubby has a friend and distant relative Will it be an added advantage if he applies with me but the issue n.a. time for my hubby . So I was wondering if I go alone and state that I have in-law would it contradict my first answer in the first interview.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shabbey09: 11:46am On Jan 21, 2016
omodadi:
Hello house! Myself and DH went to 'collect" our white paper today.... don't mind me, God did it as if we kept it with them ni. Transcript here:

VO: Good morning
DH: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: where are you going in the US
DH: Houston Texas
VO: purpose
DH: Child delivery for my wife and I want to witness the birth of my baby
VO: What do you
DH: I am Bleep and Bleep and my wife works at Bleep
VO: Madam what do you do at Bleep
Me: I am a Bleep
VO: Do you have a doctor
Me: Yes I do, I'm in contact with doc Bleep and I have corresponce from her
VO: How much will this cost
Me: About 15,000 dollars
VO: is any other person going with you
Me: Yes, mum. But will come for her white paper later
VO: How about accommodation
Me: Am in contact with Bleep where I will be staying for the duration
VO: How long do you want to stay
Me: 2 months, and DH quickly added while raising up his hand ' and 1 month for me'
VO: And where will you be staying
Me: Then I said full name of hotel, also stated that am in contact with them
VO: kept typing.......laterr we saw hand stretched to the white paper, then we nor hear anything again, na so so turanshi

Thanks to God for everything and to everybody here who has contributed one way or the other.....

I'm next in line for this miracle next week in Jesus name.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by raptor2: 11:48am On Jan 21, 2016
Congrats Omodadi. I tap into this blessing

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 12:10pm On Jan 21, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:
I renewed my visa last week via Dropbox. I had read about people being called for interviews even after applying via dropbox and I didn't want to attend a second interview. For my initial visa I applied with my husband for tourism (I was pregnant at the time of application) but later learnt that people were mailing the consulate to declare change of intent, so I did that and got a generic response. I used the visa in 2014 to give birth and again in 2015 for vacation.

For the renewal we agreed that I should apply for a medical visa instead of stressing over anything while he applied for business/tourism. Same B1/B2 just different reasons and different intended length of visit. 3 months for me , 2 weeks for him. So I was certain that I would be called for interview, anyway I wasn't, my visa was renewed after 4 days.

Question now is has anyone had any experience with this quarantining thing? Or is it just peculiar to dallas. They keep telling me that to give birth in the hospital (which I used last time oh) I have to have been in the state or the US for 30 days prior to delivery and that anyone who intends to join me in L and D must also meet that requirement. Does anyone know about this and is it strictly applied?

New to me. However it is advisable to travel before your 36th week na cheesy besides no airline will fly you after then. For those joining you, why is your hospital insisting they come a month earlier? Na Dem go house/feed them?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 12:16pm On Jan 21, 2016
raptor2:

@ Firsttymum
Thanks
Please I have questions ooooo. I want to reapply. I went initially with my Lo. Now that I want to reapply should I go alone or go as a family.
Secondly I was asked if I had anyone in USA and I said no but my hubby has a friend and distant relative Will it be an added advantage if he applies with me but the issue n.a. time for my hubby . So I was wondering if I go alone and state that I have in-law would it contradict my first answer in the first interview.
Thanks
Lady G has given you the perfect advice. Why the panic mode eh? Your transcript sounded fine though. Why don't you reapply alone without your child? A different Vo will interview you and hope and pray for the best.

In the form, it's close family members in the US they ask for, so maintain your no please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 12:18pm On Jan 21, 2016
shabbey09:

Oh you saw me alright, that's yours truely.

The tall lady with the loud voice that was rejecting everyone was the one that attended to me and yes I picked Abuja again.

Just trusting God.
With just this alone, you'll be granted the visa.#thankmelater#

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 12:19pm On Jan 21, 2016
kemmytino:
Thanks to everyone who has shared there experience here. God bless you. Got to Atlanta earlier today and had a very smooth and short poe experience.

I have been able to catch some sleep.

Nxt step is ow to get a cheaper obgyn
Na ya transcript be this tongue abi you no know the traditional here?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 12:24pm On Jan 21, 2016
Congrats to all for successful visa interviews, POEs , deliveries and vigilantes grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 12:25pm On Jan 21, 2016
shrekandfiona:

New to me. However it is advisable to travel before your 36th week na cheesy besides no airline will fly you after then. For those joining you, why is your hospital insisting they come a month earlier? Na Dem go house/feed them?

I think they had to make that decision in Dallas cos one of the Ebola cases was treated there in Dallas.

But Naija has been declared Ebola free, even West Africa sef (apart from one new case sha) so I don't get the continuous warning. I would definitely be there before 36 weeks but no one can accurately determine when baby would arrive. And my husband can't be there 30 days before I give birth. I don't want to be alone while in Labour just in case of any issues that's why I need to find someone who has experienced this to determine how strict it is.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 12:39pm On Jan 21, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

I think they had to make that decision in Dallas cos one of the Ebola cases was treated there in Dallas.

But Naija has been declared Ebola free, even West Africa sef (apart from one new case sha) so I don't get the continuous warning. I would definitely be there before 36 weeks but no one can accurately determine when baby would arrive. And my husband can't be there 30 days before I give birth. I don't want to be alone while in Labour just in case of any issues that's why I need to find someone who has experienced this to determine how strict it is.
Well still new to my ears though. Olokings and some mamas gave birth in dallas as recent as last quarter of 2015 and no such policies from them. Also apple 19 I guess is there presently.

Maybe you can do a search on dallas here and contact the preggies there for 1st hand info. However, I think it's just peculiar to your own hospital o. Ebola ko, lassa fever ni tongue

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 12:42pm On Jan 21, 2016
@omodadi Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by raptor2: 12:48pm On Jan 21, 2016
shrekandfiona:

Lady G has given you the perfect advice. Why the panic mode eh? Your transcript sounded fine though. Why don't you reapply alone without your child? A different Vo will interview you and hope and pray for the best.

In the form, it's close family members in the US they ask for, so maintain your no please

Thanks Dear. .. this pregnancy hormone just dey make me panic. cheesy....
Would do as you say with God on my side everything would work out well.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2016
shrekandfiona:

Well still new to my ears though. Olokings and some mamas gave birth in dallas as recent as last quarter of 2015 and no such policies from them. Also apple 19 I guess is there presently.

Maybe you can do a search on dallas here and contact the preggies there for 1st hand info. However, I think it's just peculiar to your own hospital o. Ebola ko, lassa fever ni tongue

Okay thanks , let me look that up and mention them
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 1:28pm On Jan 21, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:
[

In this economic situation, it's not advisable to try something new oh, better to try the tested and trusted ones because you don't want to get caught up with bills and start owing the US. So if you can't find anyone to guarantee a doctor and hospital, it may be wiser to stick to your initial plan as earlier stated. Budget it well and see whether removing the cost of accomodation, feeding and transportation would make it cheaper to be in NC. Also make up your mind that you're prepared to stay with people because it's not easy for such a long stay.

You nailed it ! very important
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ify4charm: 1:45pm On Jan 21, 2016
kemmytino:
Thanks to everyone who has shared there experience here. God bless you. Got to Atlanta earlier today and had a very smooth and short poe experience.

I have been able to catch some sleep.

Nxt step is ow to get a cheaper obgyn

Congrats dear, you referred me to doctor Valisia andrews. I Thot u were using Her as well. Or can you can a better quote than 1700. Please give a briefing on your POE story. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 1:53pm On Jan 21, 2016
Thanks Dear
Bisoye82:

Sweetheart, I hope am crossing any line.wipe your eyes sharply. Don't you know how to smile and nod your head then go ahead with your own plans.
Make sure you are in charge of your travel plans and and all monies are in your account even if it's in hubby's account systematically hold the cards. Then jejely port to Elpaso and later handle hubby and daddy with sweet talk. Meanwhile as a story that touch the pocket warning,check Olaideodes post about birthing in North Carolina. Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 1:58pm On Jan 21, 2016
Thanks
feddy27:

You nailed it ! very important
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 2:00pm On Jan 21, 2016
Thanks
TheLeakyTribe:
[

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 2:02pm On Jan 21, 2016
Thanks
[quote author=firsttymum post=42184406][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ify4charm: 2:03pm On Jan 21, 2016
bigfido:

Ask your doctor to type you a medical report that you can send abroad.. Do not collect hand written.it is usually a page report indicating results of the test you have done like pvc, viral diseases, genotype, scan, urinalysis and the likes. Speak to your doctor here, he knows what to do.nall you need to send is that one page report and your latest lab scan.good luck

Thanks, I ll do that but intend to send all my tests close to departure date so they are up to date.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MamaTees: 2:19pm On Jan 21, 2016
Hello Nairalanders,

I'm a newbie here. i've had a long read and i'm almost exhausted however, i have a few questions to ask. I'll appreciate good leads.
I hold a 2 years b1/b2 visa, went for vacation with hubby in July 2015. Now i'm preggers and we plan to have an Obama baby smiley my questions is as follows:

1. Do i need to write a letter of change of intent as i wasn't pregnant at the time i went for interview and i wasn't asked any question about being pregnant.

2. I have relatives in Raleigh, North Carolina (NC) but what i have been reading about their bill isn't smiling at all. Is there a package similar to El paso or MHIS at NC. I'll appreciate leads. (Note: we're comfy to stay where we have relatives)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MLMum: 2:57pm On Jan 21, 2016
I just started reading this thread beginning of this year and I would like to applaud everyone that has contributed to this forum, you guys are fantastic. The likes of Nerf,Firsttum, phema, tvegas, olokings,shawlar,sayoberry, lady g, favouredgal,modath, I can go on and on, but I'll just stop there. Good job guys, I feel like I know you guys already hehe.
So DH and I decided to give birth in the U.S., and I applied for Visa has he already had a Visa. I hadn't come across this forum , so thank God we didn't make any mistakes, phew! I made my intentions known while applying and went for my Visa interview. Transcript below

Me: Goodmorning
VO: Goodmorning
VO: why do you want to go the US
ME: To have my baby
VO: where in the U.S.
ME: Maryland
VO: Do have a doctor?
ME: Yes, handed over my appointment letter
VO: Can I have every financial documents with you
Mesadhanded over statement of account, budget and all)
VO: who would you be staying with?
ME: Family friend (was about to give her the invitation letter,she said I shudnt bother)
VO: Is your husband coming with you
ME: No but he would be joining me
VO: Does he have a valid Visa
ME: Yes( was about to show her a copy, she said I shudnt bother)
VO: (typing typing) Ok this looks good. Make sure you keep this when u get to the border, they ask a lot questions there. (Hands over the white paper) U can pick up ur Visa in 3 days.
Those words were music to my ears! I no hear anything again. So it was like two weeks after that I stumbled on this thread and that was when I knew I went with Phema's burden of proof, lol. So after reading I realized that birthing in MD was really expensive compared to other states, omo! That's how I told DH come and see what I'm seeing on NL o, see very affordable hospitals in other states, we cud afford MD yea, and plus we had family there, but compared to Texas and the likes we would save $$$$, na so we port to Houston o, and looked for family we know there too oo.

So now I don port, thanks to you guys for opening our eyes o and I'll be traveling soon. Would come back to share POE experience. AdiĆ³s!

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.