Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (851269 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 12:43pm On Jan 22, 2016
Hian! Like corrupt Nigerians got mi rolling cheesy

shawlar:

Seems like u stopped reading when u got to where MIHS was reigning..... Just keep reading or use the search option, Houston hospitals yapa 4 here, like corrupt politicians in Nigeria.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 22, 2016
Tktgal, pls mail me

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
congrats on ur visa issuance
omodadi:
Tktgal, pls mail me on azeezatsule@yahoo.ca.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chijiuche: 3:04pm On Jan 22, 2016
My wonderful people,

I have been a silent reader on the forum from part 1. I have never contributed as i have been looking for the fruit of the womb.
God has finally smiled at me and I am now an expectant September mum. Please is there any September mum in the house ? abeg buzz me so we can start aligning on other paroles. Planned to leave at 34 weeks. Torn between WHMC and Elpaso... (Please dont laugh at me that am making this plans early....E get as e dey shack me now grin).

One love house!!!!

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Peaceful2016(f): 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
Used my stanbic naira mastercard online this week and was charged N260/$1
But When I used it on amazon, I choose the naira option (I.e. at check out select naira not dollars as the payment amount) and stanbic charged about N207/$1
I haven't used it at the ATM or POS yet.
Just tot to share.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 3:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
Chijiuche:
My wonderful people,

I have been a silent reader on the forum from part 1. I have never contributed as i have been looking for the fruit of the womb.
God has finally smiled at me and I am now an expectant September mum. Please is there any September mum in the house ? abeg buzz me so we can start aligning on other paroles. Planned to leave at 34 weeks. Torn between WHMC and Elpaso... (Please dont laugh at me that am making this plans early....E get as e dey shack me now grin).

One love house!!!!

Big congrats chijiuche! God will perfect all that concerns your plans and make your pregnancy stress free. Happy bumping!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MetroTee: 4:38pm On Jan 22, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

So painful ..last time it was 3000 plus 750 for epidural administration. What hospital did you settle for?

Quite painful o because there is one just 5mins from where I'm staying. I settled for Centennial medical center. Also in frisco. So far so good
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 4:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
Congrats dear

God will complete your testimony in Jesus name. Please don't stress ursef o

Chijiuche:
My wonderful people,

One love house!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Prebak: 4:43pm On Jan 22, 2016
Hello Everyone, how is d day going... This is my first time writing here,I have been a silent follower on this thread and I must confess that I have gained a lot here and it has been an experience worthwhile.

Myself and DH went for our interview last week and it was a smooth, brief and successful interview with the embassy.

In the spirit of giving back to this wonderful house here's our interview transcript:

Me and DH: Good morning

VO: Good morning

Me and DH: Gave him our passports

VO: took his time to check through visas on the passports

VO: why are you going to the US

Me: Didn't even allow him to finish his question; for vacation and childbirth

VO: OK, can I have your doctor's appointment

Me: I quickly passed my doctor's personalized appointment letter and email correspondence to him

VO: He glanced through and said ok, turned to my DH I can see you're the one sponsoring this trip, can I have your statement of acct and other investments

DH: passed his statement's and investments docs to him

VO: collected the statements and checked through page by page.... Both his personal and corporate statements and also the investments docs

VO to DH: what is your company into

DH: blah blah blah

VO: kept typing on his system.....

Me: I quickly passed my budget sheet to him

VO: he collected it and glanced through and said OK, I see you guys came fully prepared so therefore your visa has been approved. Then he passed the famous white sheet to us and said collect your visa in 2-3 working days

The VO didn't ask of my job experience, how much I earn....He was just particular on how prepared we are.

Thanks everyone, I really do appreciate every contribution on this thread....

I'm due in March and planning to leave first week of Feb...Has anyone used Qatar airways? Please what's their pregnancy policy like

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mrsbw: 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
Chijiuche:
My wonderful people,

One love house!!!!

congrats!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by veejohnson: 5:24pm On Jan 22, 2016
Hello beautiful people,
Please I was wondering if its alright to have my birth place in florida where I don't ve family, then move to texas when we re able too. Reason being, I have been chatted with ANTONELLA from Tenet corporation and am in love with d rates am getting, the beach accommodation package nd everything all sorted with d hospital. Also at POE would it be an issue if I first go to texas nd then when baby is due proceed to Palm beach florida! Would I have issues with d officers?!
Thanks people!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yokus(f): 5:58pm On Jan 22, 2016
@hi Chicagobound, mssgs r stil not delivering to ur nign whatsapp num o.
chicagobound:
Back to my naija(the dust is real but I still like my country) Lol. Almost gave my bed a hug. ThAnks to all of you who make comments here; learnt a lot and had a wonderful experience, made some new sweet friends and all, time to get back to silent mode.
@ozycy when u do the abj hangout thingy
Holla me, you're truly a beautiful soul.

Hope NICS change! before my final missionary journey and dollar story is different.
E-hugs peeps.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 6:06pm On Jan 22, 2016
MetroTee:

Quite painful o because there is one just 5mins from where I'm staying. I settled for Centennial medical center. Also in frisco. So far so good

Okay, that's nice. I'm trying to find info about a hospital my doctor practices In so I can stick with her.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 6:09pm On Jan 22, 2016
veejohnson:
Hello beautiful people,
Please I was wondering if its alright to have my birth place in florida where I don't ve family, then move to texas when we re able too. Reason being, I have been chatted with ANTONELLA from Tenet corporation and am in love with d rates am getting, the beach accommodation package nd everything all sorted with d hospital. Also at POE would it be an issue if I first go to texas nd then when baby is due proceed to Palm beach florida! Would I have issues with d officers?!
Thanks people!

Florida is very enticing sha but that'll be tricky because you need to be seeing your doctor regularly. Or do you plan to use two doctors?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 6:09pm On Jan 22, 2016
Congrats dear.

Chijiuche:
My wonderful people,

One love house!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chijiuche: 6:12pm On Jan 22, 2016
Thank you my people
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 7:20pm On Jan 22, 2016
Prebak, congrats dear...Qatar is a no go area for preggies o...check beryl15 's post or so... some people here have had nasty experiences
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 8:38pm On Jan 22, 2016
Chijiuche:
My wonderful people,

One love house!!!!

A giant congratulation to you. I rejoice with you dear. May your joy be full.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chicagobound: 9:00pm On Jan 22, 2016
yokus:
@hi Chicagobound, mssgs r stil not delivering to ur nign whatsapp num o.

Hey Hun, I tried calling u severally before I left, ur number wasn't connecting. Will send watsapp to ur naija number now. kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chicagobound: 9:06pm On Jan 22, 2016
ozycy:

Welcome back sis, seems it's not only me that love Naija.
We go do our own personal hangout first before the general one grin.
Modath, na you go be MC on that day naaa, I know say you sabi talk well well.

Yes oooo, I concur. See u soon sis. @Modath come join us na grin
@popri you know how we do. You're very welcome to join us. cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Shawbabe: 9:25pm On Jan 22, 2016
Aww congrats everyone. Didn't know I was gonna ever say I miss being pregnant grin

I should start getting ready for another bump sef lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by veejohnson: 10:39pm On Jan 22, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Florida is very enticing sha but that'll be tricky because you need to be seeing your doctor regularly. Or do you plan to use two doctors?

I vnt tot of dat oo! But I was thinkng. If I leave niger say april first week. Stay all of april in texas. By May when am nearly due port to Florida. And stay 2 weeks at florida max and back to texas. My search at birth hospital at texas has just being fruitless and so tiring. Doing d search all over again is more difficult than laying on my side. If I won't ve any issues at poe really would be a blessing! I pray I and bae wouldn't ve a reason to stay longer than 2weeks at d suits. 2nd doctor in texas would dat me necessary after two weeks at florida with doctors?!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 10:49pm On Jan 22, 2016
Chijiuche:
My wonderful people,

One love house!!!!

May God perfect this journey for you in Jesus name. I was so happy when I read your text. God bless you real good.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chidaroy(f): 10:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
Where's the drop off centre? Inbox me details. I might be able to help with the online platform. wink
Nogen:

Please mums and dads, can you donate such things to our organization. We are kick starting an online programme by the end of this month. Donations like this will help those who are in dire need. Abeg ejo. It's our little way of giving back to the society and thanking God who made it possible for us to become mums.

I'm actually starting it with Nerfertirim. If you have old or new baby things you want to dispose of, kindly inbox me or Nerfertirim. Thanks a lot. Cc: firstymum and Co.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chidaroy(f): 11:10pm On Jan 22, 2016
Yimu tongue
IyawoToBe:
I was here wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 11:11pm On Jan 22, 2016
Chijiuche:
My wonderful people,
One love house!!!!
Welcome and have a stress free 8months.
It's good you started early to plan. All the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 11:18pm On Jan 22, 2016
Peaceful2016:
Used my stanbic naira mastercard online this week and was charged N260/$1
But When I used it on amazon, I choose the naira option (I.e. at check out select naira not dollars as the payment amount) and stanbic charged about N207/$1
I haven't used it at the ATM or POS yet.
Just tot to share.
Have you gotten debit alert from stanb ic and was it at 207 rate cos I checked out with Naira on Amazon some tym ago and was charged 207 but my GTBank duducted at #270 and they even sent a mail to their customers of recent to always check out with the country currency where the purchase is being made instead of Naira cos the current bank rate will always be used.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MetroTee: 11:56pm On Jan 22, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Okay, that's nice. I'm trying to find info about a hospital my doctor practices In so I can stick with her.

Sounds good...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 3:36am On Jan 23, 2016
Dr F got me like shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 3:40am On Jan 23, 2016
blue355:
@ firsttymum and @neks 31 and all other mamas who have had their LOs in Houston please assist me

I got this mail from Dr F office

Dr. F
Hmmmmm... What assistance do you need

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 3:42am On Jan 23, 2016
veejohnson:
@blue355 congrats in advance. I have called a couple of hospitals the best at my budget range is memorial hermman south west for 3969 for 2days and additional 1350 for epidural. The lady I spoke with won't let me make any payment untili come in person which is quite worring for me. Will ring them again if I can speak with a diff person or something. I called houston methodist and I got a quote of nearly 10k. Any leads within my range pls. Tanks! Violet_vallery@yahoo.com
what's ur range?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by veejohnson: 3:54am On Jan 23, 2016
firsttymum:
what's ur range?
5k no hidden charges ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.