Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,287 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (856558 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by njidekachi: 1:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
can u pls help me with a referral to dr f. hes asking for it before giving correspondence

bestnews:
Please what is the the cost and procedures for Emergency Travel Certificate?
My and Baby travel Date is 30th Nov back to Naija.

Gurus in the House Help!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kaydcute: 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2016
HutleyR:
Hello mothers to be. I have been following this thread and want to have my baby in the States. I have cleared my visa issue and all, my problem is accommodation , I contacted Dr Fagbohun and also Dr Glenn Morgan, that is Oakbend medical centre and Northwest medical centre in Houston. I really need advice on accommodation and will like to know if there is anyone with same issue. I intend to travel mid April BGG as I am due in June. Thanks, my email addy is rlamiyah@yahoo.com.

Hi Hutley, i am also travelling Mid April using Dr. E...considering Soulcare for accomodation, but have not yet concluded because i heard there are also some other accommodations that offer freebies and not far from OMC. My email is kaydcute@yahoo.com.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 1:35pm On Feb 24, 2016
bmanbaba:
Good morning all.
I collected my child's birth certificate on monday and requested for his passport same day(expedited) was charged $200 plus. The lady said the shortest possible time I can get it is 2-4 weeks while I am due to come back to naija second week of march. My friend here said that what they will say that the passport will get here before then. Please for those that have expidited their LO's pp, did u get it before two weeks even when they told you the same thing I was told?

Secondly , I am thinking I shld do ETC, I think I might not av enough tym to process visa if the passport comes considering my travel date. One of the requirement is to send my travel plan. Pls would I av added the baby's ticket before sending it or before I add it, and pls how long does the process take. Pls help with Di's and any oda info that might help. Thank you

Have you paid for the passport?

Do you have a passport agency downtown where you are? Thats the only place you can get the passport same day.

If there is not passport agency where you are, you can use an agent. Google for an agent where you are.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 24, 2016
When the mighty(with a small m note) fall.... Oh God they fall so mighty hard! That is the story of the $$$$ this morning!
Kaduna is selling for N220 at Hamd hotel
N230 to $1
Pls confirm!

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ladyprosper: 1:57pm On Feb 24, 2016
Pls Kind mothers /gurus....i intend applying for delivery, I am already four months preggie and I need you guys to kindly help me clear my head.
1) I have sisters in the u.s and they both work in the hospital, is it wise to apply to deliver in the hospital the work with?
2) what can you say about delivery in Greenville South Carolina .
3) what are the documents I need to apply....thanks so much(this is important)pls can someone reply me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by gratefulalways: 2:19pm On Feb 24, 2016
As at 10am today I learnt it sold for N240 in Abuja.

omodadi:
When the mighty(with a small m note) fall.... Oh God they fall so mighty hard! That is the story of the $$$$ this morning!
N230 to $1
Pls confirm!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bmanbaba: 2:24pm On Feb 24, 2016
nefertitiram:

Have you paid for the passport?
Do you have a passport agency downtown where you are? Thats the only place you can get the passport same day.
If there is not passport agency where you are, you can use an agent. Google for an agent where you are.

Yes, I av paid o , on Monday 22nd Feb. There is no passport agency here, so I used the post office. They said it will take 2- 4 weeks. Don't know if I shld go ahead and process Etc before I get the passport. Will I add baby's ticket before applying for the etc and how long does etc takes before I get it? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 2:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
omodadi:
N230 to $1
Pls confirm!

Nice! Nice !!!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 2:29pm On Feb 24, 2016
ladyprosper:
Pls Kind mothers /gurus....i intend applying for delivery, I am already four months preggie and I need you guys to kindly help me clear my head.
1) I have sisters in the u.s and they both work in the hospital, is it wise to apply to deliver in the hospital the work with?
2) what can you say about delivery in Greenville South Carolina .
3) what are the documents I need to apply....thanks so much(this is important)pls can someone reply me

Hey dear,

I'll suggest that you read this thread carefully, and if possible part 1 and two. You can also search if you don't want to read too much.

But reading the thread will answer your questions (mostly) and help you with other information you may not already know.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by danowena: 2:34pm On Feb 24, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Nice! Nice !!!
omodadi:
N230 to $1
Pls confirm!
i dey watch the dollar closely. Once it settles at most at N210 to a dollar, I will burst all my PTA and form A pursuits. These banks dat have been doing shakara and reaping us off both for swiping and ATM withdrawals will look forward to our patronage.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 2:34pm On Feb 24, 2016
bmanbaba:

Yes, I av paid o , on Monday 22nd Feb. There is no passport agency here, so I used the post office. They said it will take 2- 4 weeks. Don't know if I shld go ahead and process Etc before I get the passport. Will I add baby's ticket before applying for the etc and how long does etc takes before I get it? Thanks

Yes, go ahead and process etc. If you are lucky, the passport may get back in 2 weeks. I used post office too, I got it back in 7 to 10 days although they tole me 3 to 4 weeks as well.

Or you will have to call the passport hotline and ask dem to expedite it cos your trip is close.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kaydcute: 2:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
So happy for this dollar news......now i am dancing azonto......... travel plans can continue grin

Please has anyone heard from Emeriem?

danowena:
i dey watch the dollar closely. Once it settles at most at N210 to a dollar, I will burst all my PTA and form A pursuits. These banks dat have been doing shakara and reaping us off both for swiping and ATM withdrawals will look forward to our patronage.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 3:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adiahabasi: 3:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
bmanbaba:

. They told me same but it arrived 8 working days after I applied. By d 7th day start tracking online and if it still says processing give them a call.Google how to track US passport...Dont know much abt etc..check nerf's old posts,but i think u can go ahead and get it before d US passport arrives.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by gratefulalways: 3:57pm On Feb 24, 2016
Dear People, for those who have used Oakbend Medical Centre recently, is their billing system straight forward. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 4:48pm On Feb 24, 2016
This dollar thing sounds temporary to me.

I wonder if the Cbn has flooded the market to tank supply

Either ways those traveling will do good to buy what they can afford TODAY while they wait for PTA as extras

Cheers

@gratefulalways if you have been following the thread...you will know the answer is yes

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by iya01: 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
The truth is they are not selling at that rate in Abuja, it's only when they are buying from you they buy that low, or has anyone bought dollar in Abuja for 220 today if yes say hey and give contact details pls.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by gratefulalways: 6:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
@favoredgal I have been following the thread. I just needed to confirm. Thanks

favoredgal:
This dollar thing sounds temporary to me.

I wonder if the Cbn has flooded the market to tank supply

Either ways those traveling will do good to buy what they can afford TODAY while they wait for PTA as extras

Cheers

@gratefulalways if you have been following the thread...you will know the answer is yes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by botar: 6:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
Enough of this fake rumours I am in abuja and my friend that sells dollar said dollars is 305 who is giving you guys fake prices pls don't because of ur eagerness to travel raise ur hope of getting dollar cheap. it might come down even beyond ur expectation but as at today it is still 305 a dollar in abuja
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 6:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Awww congrats hun. May the rest of the journey be as smooth as the entry.

Did you experience the 5k rule here at the naija airport?

Hello, 5k rule keh? Nuttin like such
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Onlineise(m): 6:29pm On Feb 24, 2016
Has anybody actually bought Dollars below 300...please confirm and lets know where....cos i have personally called 4 BDC dealers in Lagos today and once they give me qoute and i say bring i go buy...the next thing is "Oga i no dey around right now"

I know alot of gimmick is been played with this dollar/naira issue (this na for the politics section)...My advice is if u get a qoute below 300...BUY!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by botar: 6:35pm On Feb 24, 2016
Pls I need response to all my ques e Joo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 6:46pm On Feb 24, 2016
Abefeokin:

Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Enishit: 7:04pm On Feb 24, 2016
Hello all well I called Sabo at my end in Ibadan the guy said 280 dollars and 360 pounds I actually bought the pounds thou told him I wanted 1000 pounds he can only get us 700 pounds I asked him to bring the dollars he said he will get back to me. I told him I want 1000 dollars he said he will bring it tomorrow. That's as far I can say rite now will get back tomorrow.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
Abefeokin:

you really can't draw assertions and say nothing like such, someone who is in the immigration / customs and who is her relative gave her this information, we are in Nigeria and you should know by now that those immigration guys can be something else, some people who don't have ordinary hotel reservation in the country they are going to visit are usually sent back yes I have witnessed this twice and some people won't have and they won't even bother to ask, you can't just come on here and say nothing like such really
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 24, 2016
Onlineise:
Has anybody actually bought Dollars below 300...please confirm and lets know where....cos i have personally called 4 BDC dealers in Lagos today and once they give me qoute and i say bring i go buy...the next thing is "Oga i no dey around right now"

I know alot of gimmick is been played with this dollar/naira issue (this na for the politics section)...My advice is if u get a qoute below 300...BUY!!!!!!!!!!!
all these rates going round are rates to sell and not to buy, I know someone who changed in Lagos for 270 today and she said buying price is 310. I don't know what these BDC's are up to really, next thing we hear another thing, but I pray I do pray it really drops
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 24, 2016
Why does it seem like the naira against the dollar is being manipulated by a group of people...its like they have exhausted a lot of their dollars selling at 400 and now manipulate the price down to buy cheap and then speculate the prices up again...

Anyway as @onlineise said...if one gets a price well below 300, best to just buy and keep even if missionary journey is months away...

chloe7:
all these rates going round are rates to sell and not to buy, I know someone who changed in Lagos for 270 today and she said buying price is 310. I don't know what these BDC's are up to really, next thing we hear another thing, but I pray I do pray it really drops

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
madammamus:
Why does it seem like the naira against the dollar is being manipulated by a group of people...its like they have exhausted a lot of their dollars selling at 400 and now manipulate the price down to buy cheap and then speculate the prices up again...

Anyway as @onlineise said...if one gets a price well below 300, best to just buy and keep even if missionary journey is months away...

you have a point here, just exactly what I thought
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:17pm On Feb 24, 2016
botar:
I am new on this platform which I found interesting I have some urgent questions for mummies and daddies who have attended us visa interview before. This is because my wife and I will be going for interview early Nx month for child delivery and vacation in the USA. My questions goes thus:
1.What are likely question dey do ask please going for child delivery
2. Is correspondence letter and appointment date a new requirement by the embassy because the most recent post I read from pple that just got their visa approved were asked for correspondence letter and appointment date
3. Most doctor I have contacted are asking for initial deposit of at least a non refundable $300 especially in Houston before they can give me a correspondence letter.
4. Dr fagbohun sent me his mode of payment by PayPal. What is PayPal, is it reliable and safe to pay

If my second and third questions are yes then I need somebody to help me get a doctor who can charge me a lower initial payment as low as $100 at least I can risk that or better still a doctor that will not charge me at all to get a correspondence letter from.Also to add dr fagbohun was asking for 300 but he said if I have somebody who has given birth through him such person can refer me he would not charge me the SAID amount that he will send the letter. I will need assistant in this regard whoever has delivered through fagbohun should please refer me so that I will escape this charges.
Kindly assist me and my wife ejoooo

Hmmm. These yoour questions show u have not researched and are not yet ready for the american dream. To born in the us is expensive. If 150 usd dey pain you then ul most likely resort to medicaid. U pay for evey single thing!
No 1. And 2 is the main staple topic here. Yes the embassy requies those docx. For cheap hospitals u just gotta read. U have a gold mine here.dig for it. Study to show urself approved for d visa.

Meanwhile wakanow will never cease to disgrace their ancestors. Went to check in at jfk yesterday and was told the scedule had changed and wakanow no tell us. Delta had tochange us to klm. Mae nobody wen de go born attempt wakanow o

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:30pm On Feb 24, 2016
The lady was asked if she experienced it and she said she didn't experience such. I think you misread her.

Please let's be calm in answering people. She didn't say it doesn't exist. There is really no need to lecture people.

chloe7:
you really can't draw assertions and say nothing like such, someone who is in the immigration / customs and who is her relative gave her this information, we are in Nigeria and you should know by now that those immigration guys can be something else, some people who don't have ordinary hotel reservation in the country they are going to visit are usually sent back yes I have witnessed this twice and some people won't have and they won't even bother to ask, you can't just come on here and say nothing like such really

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 24, 2016
happytbaby:
The lady was asked if she experienced it and she said she didn't experience such. I think you misread her.

Please let's be calm in answering people. She didn't say it doesn't exist. There is really no need to lecture people.

sorry about the misconception and I also wasn't lecturing anyone too.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 8:39pm On Feb 24, 2016
madammamus:

I agree.

It's just demand and supply. I think It's a uniform decision between the BDC people to reduce the price. The idea is to increase supply ( cos when everyone sees that the price is coming down they're eager to sell so as to cash in on this inflation). When supply increases, demand is less, most people are hurriedly buying to make sure they have something to fall back on if the price keeps going up. So if people stop rushing to buy cos price seems to be dropping steadily , those who have will rush to sell. ( solving the problem the BDC have which is no supply from CBN or other companies they previously bought from).

Moral of the story is once they've bought they may very well increase the prices again. Possibly next week sef.

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (401)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.