Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,746 members, 7,831,381 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (855297 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Ye2ndearisto: 6:06pm On Mar 04, 2016
Fellow country women . I just left doc DG Ohio office and I asked him about the new rate at oakbend . He said everyone he quoted the new rate to before March 1st still get to pay the old rate he gave you . That anyone from 1st of March will pay the new rate and that is why anyone sending him correspondence from 1st March he hasn't responded because he's trying to sort for cheaper hospitals around and also get oak bend to review the prices . Immediately I went to oakbend and I told them I am an old patient of dr Fagbohun , and they took $2300 cash from me . I suspect he has sent the names of his patient before 1st March to them . Thank you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Ye2ndearisto: 6:08pm On Mar 04, 2016
DG Ohio is a mistake , I mean Dr Fagbohun
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 6:15pm On Mar 04, 2016
Ye2ndearisto:
Fellow country women . I just left doc DG Ohio office and I asked him about the new rate at oakbend . He said everyone he quoted the new rate to before March 1st still get to pay the old rate he gave you . That anyone from 1st of March will pay the new rate and that is why anyone sending him correspondence from 1st March he hasn't responded because he's trying to sort for cheaper hospitals around and also get oak bend to review the prices . Immediately I went to oakbend and I told them I am an old patient of dr Fagbohun , and they took $2300 cash from me . I suspect he has sent the names of his patient before 1st March to them . Thank you

That's nice of him. Thanks for sharing.

Meanwhile your Name on nairaland grin very creative.lol

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Austine2020: 6:42pm On Mar 04, 2016
Congratulations, Glory be to God.
jacksparow:
Thank God for His mercies and everything. DW delivered of a baby boy this time. DW and LO are in good health to be discharged tmr. Everyone should share in our Joy.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by brokewaist(f): 6:53pm On Mar 04, 2016
jbikes:
please did you use the hospital ?can you refer me to any good doctor doctor or send me doctors email please.

can i send u pm ?

I didn't use the hospital as I miscarried the baby before I could travel.

Yes you can PM me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Ennyo: 6:57pm On Mar 04, 2016
sylolo:
Hello House,
Just to let current and prospective Oakbend Mamas know that they can pay the Hospital fees using Form A. I just paid DW's hospital fees using the form A from Stanbic. It seems like Stanbic is currently the most reliable bank in Nigeria when it comes to International transactions. Diamond wasted 1 week of my time only for them to tell me that CBN don't approve form for Child Birth after an initial debit transaction in my account.
The charges for the form by Stanbic are quite friendly compared to WU or MG........Offshore Charge = $25, Telex Charge = N4000, Bank Charge = 0.525% of the transaction amount. Transaction was processed in less 24 hours.....

Also, kudos to Dr. E for making a strong case for direct wire transfer....She actually met with Oakbend VP to make this case. I think she has even set up her Clinic for direct wire transfer too....Though we paid her fees in cash...

Thanks to Firsttymum for suggesting form A medium when the dollar crunch was at its peak.....God Bless you....

@sylolo,did u pay the new hospital fee or the old one?
Kindly clarify.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by suntai(f): 7:08pm On Mar 04, 2016
Zumabeezle:

Thank u so very much for this comment Suntai. It gave me so much peace. I'm smiling at my phone now like a mumu. Lol.

You are welcome dear!!!! grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 7:32pm On Mar 04, 2016
Thank God oo

Ye2ndearisto:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Jiji11: 7:33pm On Mar 04, 2016
ify4charm:

its lisa +1 (404) 300-2982.

Gracias

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by osat82(f): 8:08pm On Mar 04, 2016
hello everyone please what is Dr E's number/email plsssssssssssss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by danowena: 8:15pm On Mar 04, 2016
brokewaist:

I didn't use the hospital as I miscarried the baby before I could travel.

Yes you can PM me

Awwwww, It is well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
Hello,

I am filling out DS 160 form. Do I need to upload Passport Picture? I think that can be skipped but i can't move to page further without confirming passport. Please any has this experience?

Also Is right to fill Mother and Child on one form? Does it need two VISA fees? or mother cover child?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 04, 2016
jet2biz:
Hello,

I am filling out DS 160 form. Do I need to upload Passport Picture? I think that can be skipped but i can't move to page further without confirming passport. Please any has this experience?

Also Is right to fill Mother and Child on one form? Does it need two VISA fees? or mother cover child?
different forms for mother& child different visa fees, you can skip the upload passport part and take your passport along
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 9:23pm On Mar 04, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Welcome to the world princess and congratulations mummy.

Tnx dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 9:26pm On Mar 04, 2016
nefertitiram:

Finally! Congrats my sister! God is good

Tnx dear as I hand over to u guys oo!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 9:43pm On Mar 04, 2016
firsttymum:
Oakbend if u r reading this.... We jus wanna tell u that it's not fair to Increase ur rate
Is it because we r paying Cash?

Adding extra 1000 dollars is Just crazy.

Now it just occurred to me, this forum can actually act as a union for some sort to frequently used hospitals. if we write oakbend and tell them ppl here are not happy anymore with them and anybody using this forum wont be referred to them, you might see changes...But e go be long thing shaa cause everybody get their money to spend as they want...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Vlesparza: 9:52pm On Mar 04, 2016
omodadi:

Do doctors provide services affiliation in more than one hospital? I don't think so o...
I think if you are changing hosp, then your doc must change.....I stand to be corrected though

Yes the doctors deliver at other hospitals other than Oakbend, the problem is the hospitals are more expensive and accommodation is far and pricey.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 04, 2016
I am unable to skip the form. No where that it says to skip. Can you email me at lfdeliver@gmail.com

chloe7:
different forms for mother& child different visa fees, you can skip the upload passport part and take your passport along
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 10:10pm On Mar 04, 2016
jacksparow:

Now it just occurred to me, this forum can actually act as a union for some sort to frequently used hospitals. if we write oakbend and tell them ppl here are not happy anymore with them and anybody using this forum wont be referred to them, you might see changes...But e go be long thing shaa cause everybody get their money to spend as they want...

Did it occur to you that they really increased the price because they don't want us flocking there anymore? Law of demand and supply, simple economics.

If you write dem, they will be happy that their plan worked.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 04, 2016
jet2biz:
I am unable to skip the form. No where that it says to skip. Can you email me at lfdeliver@gmail.com

click upload then it will show that the photo uploaded doesn't meet specifications or so then click proceed then it will tell you to come along with the 2 by 2 passport on the day of interview or so I can't really remember
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 04, 2016
nefertitiram:

Did it occur to you that they really increased the price because they don't want us flocking there anymore? Law of demand and supply, simple economics.

If you write dem, they will be happy that their plan worked.
same thing mihs did and since then actually you hardly see anyone mentioning mihs for deliver again angry

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajujuju: 10:39pm On Mar 04, 2016
firsttymum:
it actually is.
I've started gathering information. This dollar ain't smiling at all
Favoredgal I don see Canada Waka partner. Hmmmm u might soon get preggers again
Kikikikikikikikiki

Unfortunately canada is a bit rigid with its visa process. I know thy never gave preganat women visas. so those dt birthed in canada had d visas before they got pregnant. Unless they hav chaged their rules.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 04, 2016
Thanks. I appreciate. I actually uploaded the pics and it say accepted and continue but says, i should come along with passport still. Should i proceed to summit it like that? I don't need made no mistake.

Also, please i need more clarity on my baby application! I need to register fresh application from the begining for her? I did state i have company and have her listed as a child. Please just need to know...

chloe7:
click upload then it will show that the photo uploaded doesn't meet specifications or so then click proceed then it will tell you to come along with the 2 by 2 passport on the day of interview or so I can't really remember
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by damidamsel: 11:04pm On Mar 04, 2016
OMG! OMG!! OMG!!! Arrived USA today. So here's my story.... Got B1/B2 visa in Dec, travelled 4 vacation in Dec. Returned 2 Naija n sent Notification of intent to embassy to which i got a general response. Began gathering all my burden of proof. Had 2 change hosp from NJ to Philly coz of cost and proximity, so i began hosp n doctor search all over again. Got necessary correspondences finally. Then PTA search began....opened acct at Stanchart n Stanbic, awaited call from stanbic.
Here's d testimony......Did not get any call from Stanbic so i went wt hubby on d day of my trip. Got there ard 9am n d lady said no funds!!! Hubby said let's go buy from aboki n i said Heaven No!!! Not spending xtra 500k just to get $4k, God is ABLE!! So we sat awaiting a miracle....we began hearing of a Mr Femi who helps (n i rbred i had read abt him on here) n i started believing God to bring him in. Long story short, God brought him, we approached him n in abt an hour, we got our funds. Jump to trip....Delta did not ask 4 FTF,got placed on fast track n sky priority all tru my movement at MMA (God's favor). Booked wheelchair but stated use at ATL only. 12 hrs later, got to ATL POE....wheeled straight to CBP.
CBP: Morning, why are u in d US.
ME: Childbirth.
CBP: How long do you intend staying?
ME: 2.5months.
CBP: How much do you have?
ME: $4k cash n $5.5k in chase n extra funds in Naija acct. (Cash wsnt counted, statements of acct not requested)
CBP: How far gone are u?
ME: 34wks.
CBP: So abt 6wks to go?
ME: Yes......Takes fingerprint n pics, stamps in for 6months. NO SECONDARY INSPECTION, NO BAGGAGE CHECK. Straight to next gate for connecting flight. Indeed it was God all d way.
Thanks to all the info i got on here, i was an avid reader and though no doc was requested, my prep wt d info i got on here gave me much confidence.

19 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 11:20pm On Mar 04, 2016
favoredgal:

Kikikiki
I hope not...I currently have two under two

Not beans yo
Pls lemme posted o!

Edit: I see you mean Ozyc tongue the woman has4 children o!
No she actually meant you "favouredgal" tongue
She no carry water for mouth talk am, na you be her Canada waka partner not me grin
I haff hang boot

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Popri(f): 11:24pm On Mar 04, 2016
neks31:
Missionary journey coming to an end oo!! God is good TBH!!
Baby arrived feb22 n doc Fagbohun was a 100 menhh even as d doc that did my previous CS did a bad job but drF showed up and out for me!!
My bills are little crazy cos it was a high risk preggy but no qulams as I'm holding my lil princess in my hands.
Dr fees high risk Cs 2560
First visit 150
Scan 150
Lab/pap smear 260
Hospital (oakbend) 3500
Nics 3days : 498
Spinal : 950
Collected d abstract BC as I can't travel to get d original one, collected baby blue pali and waiting 4 ETC! Thank God it ended in praise o!!

Praying for all d mums b dads embarking on this journey, may God b with u guys xoxo!

Yay!!!!
Congratulations neks
God bless ur LO
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 11:26pm On Mar 04, 2016
firsttymum:
it actually is.
I've started gathering information. This dollar ain't smiling at all
Favoredgal I don see Canada Waka partner. Hmmmm u might soon get preggers again
Kikikikikikikikiki

Please include me join body for that Canada search. E be like say na we two go Waka that side.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 11:31pm On Mar 04, 2016
Congratulations to Neks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 12:01am On Mar 05, 2016
Ennyo:

@sylolo,did u pay the new hospital fee or the old one?
Kindly clarify.

Na wa oh i asked dr f about form A and oakbend he said no please how did u get the account details. please share
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 12:03am On Mar 05, 2016
jet2biz:
Hello,

u need to upload ur passport either at the beginning or before confirming.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 05, 2016
sylolo:
Hello House,
Just to let current and prospective Oakbend Mamas know that they can pay the Hospital fees using Form A. I just paid DW's hospital fees using the form A from Stanbic. It seems like Stanbic is currently the most reliable bank in Nigeria when it comes to International transactions. Diamond wasted 1 week of my time only for them to tell me that CBN don't approve form for Child Birth after an initial debit transaction in my account.
The charges for the form by Stanbic are quite friendly compared to WU or MG........Offshore Charge = $25, Telex Charge = N4000, Bank Charge = 0.525% of the transaction amount. Transaction was processed in less 24 hours.....

Also, kudos to Dr. E for making a strong case for direct wire transfer....She actually met with Oakbend VP to make this case. I think she has even set up her Clinic for direct wire transfer too....Though we paid her fees in cash...

Thanks to Firsttymum for suggesting form A medium when the dollar crunch was at its peak.....God Bless you....

Dr E reasoned with them and Dr F said No, wait till i catch him i will definitely be arrested grin shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 12:16am On Mar 05, 2016
jet2biz:
Thanks. I appreciate. I actually uploaded the pics and it say accepted and continue but says, i should come along with passport still. Should i proceed to summit it like that? I don't need made no mistake.

Also, please i need more clarity on my baby application! I need to register fresh application from the begining for her? I did state i have company and have her listed as a child. Please just need to know...

Maaa. If u truly do not wish to make a mistake, invest about 30 minutes Into the US website. PMs and emails will give u half and half info. I just went thru the US website and I saw the answer to ur question clearly stated. This question has also been answered several times here.
Read chloe's answer again... She already answered you.

This is the reason why oaknend has increased. We have refused to research. Everybody says pm DR xyz email. Give me Dr ABc account no. so they say, these Nigerians have money. Even with the extra 1k they will pay.
Please I advice that we learn how to fish and not be beggars of fish.
God bless

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (401)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.