Stats: 3,152,715 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (852852 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 5:32pm On Mar 13, 2016
Lady G!

You did not tell me this one oooh.no in-flight entertainment....all the way to the US....looks right and left, pick race

LadyGuinivere:

Na UK I follow them return. E be like arik in my eye and I don't think there ws an in flight entertainment which is most important to me. Unless they have larger planes for the US route...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Vlesparza: 6:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
KDK:
For those who can recall, I have a very detailed transcript of wifey'so interview before I took it off for personal reasons. I am however undecided about the POE trnscripts because of what transpired there. However, I will state some facts:
1. As soon as we gave our passports, my wife was asked why she is here. She said child birth. The next next question was where? She said El-paso. The CBP changed countenance and said "the fact you are going to El Paso is not a good sign at all".

2. Doctores Para Ti is not in their good books (at least in IAH),

3. If you use Doctores Para Ti try to pay ahead and take proof of payment from your bank as well as from Doctores Para Ti or stand the risk of being sent back to Naija.

4. If you use El paso, pay for your accommodation ahead. Let the cash on you be for miscellaneous expenses. Carry enough cash irrespective of payments already made. This will show solvency.

5. I discovered Houston POE has nothing against birthing in the USA just make sure you are intact and give honest answers.

6. If you have given birth in the states before, always carry your receipts whether vacationing or not.

7. As we were advised by the CBP, do not use hospitals or doctors that people have been using. Do some research, America is a very big place with many hospitals and doctors. Use the power of Google one of the greatest inventions of our age. This is what people like ladyguinivere and feddy27 have been advising.

8. The Houston POE follow this thread and nairaland.

9. Just like many feared, they no longer regard those e-mails to the consulate. So better you get your plans straightened out. I understand with the dollar palaver, many plans may change. However, try to stick to your plans as much as possible. Be genuine. I am sorry to say but a lot of Nigerians have abused the privileges given in the past and as such future intending mothers pay then price..
!

To patients that do not have a Visa a personalized letter from the doctor is sent as well as a standard hospital prices letter. It is myth that correspondence by email must be proven (and this is being enforced more often, and has always been recommended to not provide email correspondence to eliminate variables and keep the process simple), what is needed is a letter from the doctor. With patients who already have a visa, a letter of admission is sent which is valid at the point of entry (no doctors letter is needed). The official may ask you questions, since there is obvious discrimination in some people, but you will be admitted to the US if you do not lie, have your paperwork and cash/receipt in hand.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Moyetty: 6:16pm On Mar 13, 2016
biollar1:

Cc @omodadi

@ ye2 where does your friend stay.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Moyetty: 6:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
Does any one have accomodation in frisco,dallas please.....?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 13, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Nice gimmick! @Jw u go church?
actually bj isn't an agent.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 7:17pm On Mar 13, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

#sighhhhhhh #shakes head and strolls away.
But wai... Shey extended stay is the one witg a link to its website on the kain doctoresparati pge? kiss
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy that moment when you feel like slapping an adult grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 7:23pm On Mar 13, 2016
OMary83:
Shoutout to MamaTobenna for hosting us yesterday being Ada's bday.Saw d beautiful Faree28 who was an la mum too.Can't believe is almost a year I became a mum,birthday things loading.Oya,Misen parcel ur yummy cake and small chops that u spoilt us silly with in abuja.Chika Okpala dat ur Oha soup also made sense die ooooo,I won't mind it in lag. Cc @ modath and nef,is not only Chicago mums that keep in touch,la mums rock too.kikikikikikikiki(in firstymum's voice).
You ladies should send one take away pack to LA now o cos chopping alone is not good o tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 7:47pm On Mar 13, 2016
OMary83:
Shoutout to MamaTobenna for hosting us yesterday being Ada's bday.Saw d beautiful Faree28 who was an la mum too.Can't believe is almost a year I became a mum,birthday things loading.Oya,Misen parcel ur yummy cake and small chops that u spoilt us silly with in abuja.Chika Okpala dat ur Oha soup also made sense die ooooo,I won't mind it in lag. Cc @ mo.dath and nef,is not only Chicago mums that keep in touch,la mums rock too.kikikikikikikiki(in firstymum's voice).

Nice , sometimes i ask myself if i really am the person that used to side eye online daters, if a couple of ladies i met online, forged a relationship with before i ever set eyes on can now be my correct paddies, smiley

We were even planning summer reunion (e pass nef & i but the rest like coded tinz & i'm collecting steady egunje to kwayet tongue) before forex begin do catch me if you can cheesy cheesy

Still hoping sha... Our God is able & can do all things..

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 7:54pm On Mar 13, 2016
Happytbaby, I've flown Turkish & they are ok, not fantastic but not a total fail either, , here is a pic ref of TA cabin.... on both legs of my outbound journey, i had the whole row to myself...

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Harjeehbaday(m): 8:05pm On Mar 13, 2016
modath:
Happytbaby, I've flown Turkish & they are ok, not fantastic but not a total fail either, , here is a pic ref of TA cabin.... on both legs of my outbound journey, i had the whole row to myself...

This doesnt look too bad na!! Is Arik like this too?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by DunnyGee: 8:27pm On Mar 13, 2016
favoredgal:

Not entirely true we have had tough jfk Poe stories on this thread.

My experience with JFK was bad . Even though I wasnt preg then. But I was disturbed because I had my last child there (meanwhile ,I've passed thru atl like 3 tyms after the birth of the child o and dey never ask fr reciepts ). Even with my reciepts and all they had to call my dr to confirm. I will so stick with atlanta ,jfk no be fr me at all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:30pm On Mar 13, 2016
justwise:

You are right..Vlesparza is their rep but she is not allowed to do in-thread ad but i will explain why i did not removed her last post...will do that later as i'm leaving the house now

I left Vlesparza's post not because in-thread is allowed but because people have been directly or indirectly profiling other hospitals here even when those hospitals and accommodation providers have stopped placing paid ad in nairaland but they still get mentioned and sometimes given positive feedback.

doctoresparati has been advertising here for a long time now and its only fair that 'sometimes' they are allowed to answer questions relating to their services.

I'm only trying to strike a balance with my judgement.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:31pm On Mar 13, 2016
Thanks Modath, an empty plane is most definitely a plus. I will think more ....

modath:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:33pm On Mar 13, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Nice gimmick! @Jw u go church?

I no dey go church
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 8:54pm On Mar 13, 2016
happytbaby:

I was just fortunate, the plane wasn't empty, it just wasn't full (& i took the pic before most people boarded cos i boarded early owing to my "condition"wink however on my return journey, both aircrafts were filled to capacity but i had bassinets so it was ok...

I had luggage issues but i got compensation...

Turkish is comme ci comme ca, different people have different experiences, will i fly them again? 50-50.

Harjeebaday ...

Hi, never flown Arik(only local route), I'm one of the economic saboteurs who have refused to patronise "made in Nigeria. cheesy

JK, our waka just never jam...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 9:51pm On Mar 13, 2016
sylolo:
@Favoredgal, Baby came at 33 weeks still currently in NICU. We have not been given any bill yet, just thinking ahead of time.

Well nothing you can do till you get the bill (I think)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by damidamsel: 10:52pm On Mar 13, 2016
bouqounmie:
Hi. Please I sent you a PM. Will like to get some info if you don't mind. Thank you.

Hi....i just responded, pls chk ur email
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
evemama:

Am going to Houston, just wanted to know which is accepted there so I can make d appropriate arrangements. Thanks

Emirates to Dallas is 258k

It is the cheapest I know to texas
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 13, 2016
KDK:
For those who can recall, I have a very detailed transcript of wifey'so interview before I took it off for personal reasons. I am however undecided about the POE trnscripts because of what transpired there. However, I will state some facts:
1. As soon as we gave our passports, my wife was asked why she is here. She said child birth. The next next question was where? She said El-paso. The CBP changed countenance and said "the fact you are going to El Paso is not a good sign at all".

2. Doctores Para Ti is not in their good books (at least in IAH),

3. If you must use Doctores Para Ti try to pay ahead and take proof of payment from your bank as well as from Doctores Para Ti or stand the risk of being sent back to Naija.

4. If you must use El paso, pay for your accommodation ahead. Let the cash on you be for miscellaneous expenses. Carry enough cash irrespective of payments already made. This will show solvency.

5. I discovered Houston POE has nothing against birthing in the USA just make sure you are intact and give honest answers.

6. If you have given birth in the states before, always carry your receipts whether vacationing or not.

7. As we were advised by the CBP, do not use hospitals or doctors that people have been using. Do some research, America is a very big place with many hospitals and doctors. Use the power of Google one of the greatest inventions of our age. This is what people like ladyguinivere and feddy27 have been advising.

8. The Houston POE follow this thread and nairaland.

9. Just like many feared, they no longer regard those e-mails to the consulate. So better you get your plans straightened out. I understand with the dollar palaver, many plans may change. However, try to stick to your plans as much as possible. Be genuine. I am sorry to say but a lot of Nigerians have abused the privileges given in the past and as such future intending mothers pay then price.

10. Be prepared, prayerful and never argue with the CBP. You can make your point whenever given the chance.

I will write more as I remember. Later on, I will respond to the questions earlier addressed to me.

Thank you!

Considering the torment given to my wife i doubt if your item 5 is correct they actually strike me as racist or trumps children. i padded my wife with good funds to birth 2 children in houston. she was kidnapped for 9 hours and when she complained she was stamped in for 2 months even when she told em she was preggy.

i agree with the whole research thing oakbend is heavily used from what i gather so lets invest our time to search out new affordable hospital

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 14, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Read the post u yourself quoted.
Can u see the answer now?
kikikikikiki
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Natsuki: 2:43am On Mar 14, 2016
favoredgal:

Uber and lyft are both applications you download from your phone's App Store

after downloading it follow the on screen prompts for usage or check google / YouTube for steps

Thank youu smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adebuble(f): 4:51am On Mar 14, 2016
Onlineise:
Heard you can fund your PayPal with some 9ja cards/account? Then pay with PayPal here...has anyone tried it? Please educate me/us mbok!

Tried, done n trusted.

I have two PayPal ACCTS one was opened in Nigeria with my stanbic card and when I got to Houston, opened another PayPal acct with my wells Fargo acct. Note two different emails must be used because you can send money to yourself.
I used either of my paypal accts to buy online with stores you can pay through paypal and also paid for my shipping with it at shiptomydoor. I also sent money in Naira to my American PayPal acct and sent it to my wells Fargo acct which took 2 days. They have charges like 3% of the money been sent.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:24am On Mar 14, 2016
happytbaby:

Nne the arik comparison I did was arik local o! Never flown arik int'l and the IFE ish was lagos to london.
But if I'm asked I prefer TA to iberia.

@Dunnygee wow! That's a new perspective. Somebody prefers ATL to jfk. Niceeee.

@FTM abi 2TM cheesy do u want to sue all this people usin kikikikikikikikiki without permission?! grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mrsbw: 6:56am On Mar 14, 2016
Thanks everyone!. I really appreciate uour good wishes. Na vigilante mode i dey now

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 8:24am On Mar 14, 2016
The kain vigilante wey my wife dey do ehn.. Meself pity am.. Argh

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 9:48am On Mar 14, 2016
bigfido:
The kain vigilante wey my wife dey do ehn.. Meself pity am.. Argh

Awwwwh, ain't that sweet.....

Bigfido in the lead for "father of the year" wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by evemama: 10:01am On Mar 14, 2016
Dear, I already have my ticket, I was asking about what is accepted in Houston for the notarized consent form for baby passport. Is it the one from us embassy or signed at any high court. So I can educate my do before I travel. Thanks

quote author=Enizo post=43748850]

Emirates to Dallas is 258k

It is the cheapest I know to texas[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 10:10am On Mar 14, 2016
Enizo:

Considering the torment given to my wife i doubt if your item 5 is correct they actually strike me as racist or trumps children. i padded my wife with good funds to birth 2 children in houston. she was kidnapped for 9 hours and when she complained she was stamped in for 2 months even when she told em she was preggy.

i agree with the whole research thing oakbend is heavily used from what i gather so lets invest our time to search out new affordable hospital

Rolling on the floor @kidnapped ur wife

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajokeadegold: 11:14am On Mar 14, 2016
[/quote]

@ye2ndearisto

Hello, please I am interested in this Houston accommodation. I can be reached ajokegold@gmail.com. Thanks indeed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by danowena: 11:15am On Mar 14, 2016
justwise:

I left Vlesparza's post not because in-thread is allowed but because people have been directly or indirectly profiling other hospitals here even when those hospitals and accommodation providers have stopped placing paid ad in nairaland but they still get mentioned and sometimes given positive feedback.

doctoresparati has been advertising here for a long time now and its only fair that 'sometimes' they are allowed to answer questions relating to their services.

I'm only trying to strike a balance with my judgement.

Okay. Please why do you remove the reviews about hotels and accommodations that people are likely to stay for weeks/ months but leave airline reviews that people will fly for hours? People even drop a certain agent's number for cheaper tickets yet it is left.
I don't see these airlines or agents placing adverts on NL. We need to draw the lines between advertising and giving reviews.
I hope you get my drift. wink

10 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57