Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (854095 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by temmyo: 1:54am On Mar 13, 2016
[quote author=damidamsel post=43719890]

I am using Crozer-Chester Medical Center, a sub of Crozer-Keystone Health System but my Obstetrician is in Delaware. Had my first appointment already, awesome doctor .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by temmyo: 1:57am On Mar 13, 2016
No direct flight to jfk (except arik which most don't like) that's the issue.
ZillyO:

Congrats on your successful entry.....but like I keep saying, JFK is it!!! You scan your passport and finger prints yourself on the computer and take your print out way before you meet the officer who in less than one minute puts the physical stamp on your passport. It's stress free
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Peebles23(f): 2:13am On Mar 13, 2016
Congratulations to our latest mama mrsbw. God will keep nd guide our lil Angel IJN.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 2:14am On Mar 13, 2016
mrsbw:
Praise be to God. I gave birth to a bouncing baby girl on Thursday!!

Congratulations... I think I saw your picture on Ope's page. Labor did not shake you. Your make up was still looking intact after birthing. Congratulations again and God bless your LO
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ify4charm: 3:38am On Mar 13, 2016
vcole:
Walmart, Amazon, Burlington. I bought a delta children's sweet beginnings bassinet. was on sale for about $49 at the time. however, it requires coupling for use (screws et al) and uncoupling for your return trip. I like DIY so this was not a problem. I brought it back with me, it fit into one of those extendable bags and was not too heavy. If you do not want one that requires a lot of coupling, you can try the dream on me karley bassinet. I think its just a snapping mechanism to set up and dismantle. its about $70 i think.

Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ify4charm: 3:39am On Mar 13, 2016
ajujuju:

Ok i assume you are tlkn abt bed for use in America.

I got a Summer infant sure and secure sleeper at burlingtons for abt $45. Its portable and travel safe. However i had tooo mch lugage and dint think id need it in naija. So i left it at my hosts. Hoping il find t useful for number 2.
(caveat): nt sure how mch it costs now.

Thanks jare!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by botar: 5:36am On Mar 13, 2016
bolof2010:

I also got a place in phoenix not bad at all am June mum can we rub minds?
Am interested in this Phoenix can you send it to my mail @ bensonbola@yahoo.com I will appreciate it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by botar: 5:41am On Mar 13, 2016
temmyo:
No direct flight to jfk (except arik which most don't like) that's the issue.
Pls ZillyO can you give me the site where I can get reasonable hospital in Dallas am due by June let me begin to prepare now I also need much reasonable accommodation not minding sharing with another preggy mother.u can mail at bensonbola@yahoo.com.God blessing to u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ZillyO: 5:45am On Mar 13, 2016
favoredgal:

Not entirely true we have had tough jfk Poe stories on this thread.

Where do you want to start comparing JFK and Houston, Philli, etc. Even if you are taken to secondary inspection in JFK no one keeps you there for three to eight hours like we see in Houston. How many people have been sent back from JFK naaa. We are suggesting easy poes so this argument shouldn't arise

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ZillyO: 5:48am On Mar 13, 2016
botar:

Pls ZillyO can you give me the site where I can get reasonable hospital in Dallas am due by June let me begin to prepare now I also need much reasonable accommodation not minding sharing with another preggy mother.u can mail at bensonbola@yahoo.com.God blessing to u

Botar...posting that thing is a long thing for me now, I shared all the info few pages back, just check my post, not sure it's even more than ten pages back and read up

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by botar: 5:51am On Mar 13, 2016
bolof2010:

I also got a place in phoenix not bad at all am June mum can we rub minds?
Am interested pls am June mother as well can we rub mind as regards the place you got and accommodation you can pm on bensonbola@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Natsuki: 6:04am On Mar 13, 2016
Vlesparza:

There are always people in El Paso. Intown Suites will get full but there is a new package for accommodation at Extended Stay for the same price (but the hotel is much nicer) the patients are being referred there with a special rate and It should be filling up soon.

I was going to El Paso but the I changed to Houston, I was going to rent a room very cheap then the host told me that he had to travel then all the house for me for same price if you interested ypu can contact me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Natsuki: 6:06am On Mar 13, 2016
favoredgal:

I tried both.

Uber is cheaper than lyft - maybe because uber reviewed their rates downwards for winter the period I was in Houston
The advantage uber had over yellow cabs apart from cheaper rates per km is uber doesn't charge when the car isn't moving- like traffic lights, waiting time, etc

Please do you have the contact??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by botar: 6:07am On Mar 13, 2016
Peebles23:
Sorry my lovely e-love family with much love i write my missionary journey story thou its coming late
Birth in woman's hospital of texas in houston. Used a nice sweet doc buh she ended up not taking my delivery because she wasnt on duty wen i went into labour. And im glad cos it was in my prayer point always that any doctor that will be inpatient for me to push or have my baby my way should not be around, as am a VBAC candidate nd the risk involve is scary that they will discourage u at d end nd send u for c section. But God be praised as i met a calm, sweet, nd patient doctor nd my nurse oh no!!! Nurse bri God grant her her heart desires she was amazingly great nd sweet.. Kk back to d story God used them both because i went into labour nd it all happened fast nd specially because baby was big 4. 7kg which was on d 8th of feb Nd d doctor on call that took d delivery God bless her says if my doc was around i wld have been a c.s candidate but God be praised baby was checked immediately out nd everything went fyn with her. I had 2nd degree tear thou buh she stitched me as if she be tailour for her former life. Lolz,
Had wonderful nigeria nurses there after i was taken to my room they where nice nd amazing they made shure i was comfortable nd satisfied nd was always checking up on me. They where family as they made me felt at home. My baby's nurses where amazing too, i received every freebies in double because they where amazed with her weight for a norm delivery they even gave her a nick name. Sorry for the long post bill's as follows:
Test done plus ultrasound- 300 my Doctor says nija test wasnt genuine enuf mind u i was a csection candidate before, so she wants us to be on d safer side had to do other tests that she wasnt convinced about.
Doctor's fee- 1800
Hospital fee- 4681 2days stay
Pediatrician fee-320 for both test and 2days visit after delivery because baby had lil jaundice
Passport fee-165
B. C -23 collected only one in vital statistics 8000 north stadium drive Houston went 5 days after delivery so was able to get the main one.
Etc with mrs Stella i took d number here- 320 she was wonderful got it sent within 2days.
I left the US 2weeks after delivery as every documents was ready for us to leave. Collected my zero balance letter from the hospital. Love to birth in Womans hospital again.
Used uber all tru. Buh hospital, pediatricians office, nd doctor's office is on dsame street on fannin where my hotel was, was jus strolling in anytime i have appointment so uber was for shopping. It ended in praise im back home with heat treating us roughly. Thanks to my mentors on this forum dnt wanna start mentioning names u guys rock rock nd rock. Love u all.

Wch hospital is dis pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by botar: 6:09am On Mar 13, 2016
uptown17:
thanks firsty. bbiz i have Pmed you
\
How much am interested due by june
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Natsuki: 6:12am On Mar 13, 2016
priscai:
Hello everyone ...mums and dads. I have been reading through post and it 's been so helpful and encouraging.

We intend having our baby precisely Houston by August ending, could anyone help us with affordable hospital package so we can start contacting them as well plan ahead.

Thanks for your your upcoming response. This forum has made things easier for so many family. Thanks a bunch.
I will pay like usd5300 in sugar land methodist for all hospital ob etc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:16am On Mar 13, 2016
botar:

Wch hospital is dis pls
Read the post u yourself quoted.
Can u see the answer now?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 6:49am On Mar 13, 2016
E Ku marketing o cheesy

Vlesparza:

There are always people in El Paso. Intown Suites will get full but there is a new package for accommodation at Extended Stay for the same price (but the hotel is much nicer) the patients are being referred there with a special rate and It should be filling up soon.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 6:56am On Mar 13, 2016
Cc @omodadi

Ye2ndearisto:
Hello All, my friend is vacating her apartment tomorrow back to Nigeria . Good place for anyone interested it's 21mins drive to dr Fagbohun office.holla. @justwise hope no issues?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 6:56am On Mar 13, 2016
Congrats dear...God bless you n your LO
mrsbw:
Praise be to God. I gave birth to a bouncing baby girl on Thursday!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 7:34am On Mar 13, 2016
biollar1:

Cc @omodadi

Arrangement sealed b4 u even saw the post, but I can't use the place with conditions. Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 7:35am On Mar 13, 2016
Congratulations Mrsbw and those who had beautiful POE experiences. These people are vexing o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 7:42am On Mar 13, 2016
Vlesparza:

Your visa transcript, we didn't see! Your POE story is no where to be found! Simply means, you don't have first hand experience in birthing!!!! What is all this El Paso marketing about!!! Ok, Justwise is coming for you!!!

Newbies (botar, bolof2012, natsuki), take some time out and read!!!!!! Do your research! If you can access this page means you can also access Google! Pls stop dropping your email addresses here! It's not safe at all. If you want to go to any state, Google hospitals in that state, call them to find out their prices, check oB/gyn affiliated to dem and also call. Some of them av facebook pages, drop a message there for them and see them respond Asap. For ur info, my latest research in phoenix, I got the doctor's email address after I dropped a message for him on facebook on dia page and voila! We are communicating. Nobody will work for you! Do your research, test the waters and come back to share your experience!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 7:51am On Mar 13, 2016
All these qwestions spamming this thread sef na wah o. Do you guys have reading phobia undecided

Abeg Bros JW, do the needful biko

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:52am On Mar 13, 2016
feddy27:

Your visa transcript, we didn't see! Your POE story is no where to be found! Simply means, you don't have first hand experience in birthing!!!! What is all this El Paso marketing about!!! Ok, Justwise is coming for you!!!

Newbies (botar, bolof2012, natsuki), take some time out and read!!!!!! Do your research! If you can access this page means you can also access Google! Pls stop dropping your email addresses here! It's not safe at all. If you want to go to any state, Google hospitals in that state, call them to find out their prices, check oB/gyn affiliated to dem and also call. Some of them av facebook pages, drop a message there for them and see them respond Asap. For ur info, my latest research in phoenix, I got the doctor's email address after I dropped a message for him on facebook on dia page and voila! We are communicating. Nobody will work for you! Do your research, test the waters and come back to share your experience!
God bless your father for 'borning ' such a smart woman

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 7:55am On Mar 13, 2016
feddy27:

Your visa transcript, we didn't see! Your POE story is no where to be found! Simply means, you don't have first hand experience in birthing!!!! What is all this El Paso marketing about!!! Ok, Justwise is coming
Vlesparza is actually a rep of doctoresparati.com so I think it's allowed for her cos they do paid adverts on nairaland. So biko make una free am.

What justwise is against is unpaid adverts which isn't fair on those that actually pay for theirs.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sylolo(m): 8:09am On Mar 13, 2016
Hello Oakbend Mamas past and present,
Please we urgently need information on NICU billing with Oakbend. We need tips on how to go about the negotiation since we are Self-Pay patients before these guys rip us off. Hospital fees have been paid already. LO came earlier than we expect, so she was sent to NICU. I will post the full gist here later. Please anyone with useful information should respond asap to sylolo12@yahoo.com. Many thanks.

cc: firsttymum
sayoberry
Lady G
Nefertitiram
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:13am On Mar 13, 2016
shrekandfiona:

Vlesparza is actually a rep of doctoresparati.com so I think it's allowed for her cos they do paid adverts on nairaland. So biko make una free am.

What justwise is against is unpaid adverts which isn't fair on those that actually pay for theirs.

You are right..Vlesparza is their rep but she is not allowed to do in-thread ad but i will explain why i did not removed her last post...will do that later as i'm leaving the house now

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 8:19am On Mar 13, 2016
U don't need contact for uber! Just download the app, register with your credit card and u are good to go.

Natsuki:

Please do you have the contact??

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 8:37am On Mar 13, 2016
shrekandfiona:
All these qwestions spamming this thread sef na wah o. Do you guys have reading phobia undecided

Abeg Bros JW, do the needful biko

Also, I noticed a new trend now. People asking for people they can meet up with. Ehen! !! Be very careful o. Go and give birth peacefully and return peacefully. As for friends, you will make there because you will meet fellow preggies at the doctor's and possibly at the hospital. Stop inviting troubles for yourselves biko.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 8:41am On Mar 13, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

God bless your father for 'borning ' such a smart woman

5* general! I hail you

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by 4evergrateful: 9:33am On Mar 13, 2016
Congrats KDK. .....Please which hospital accepts the Form A in El paso?

I am in El paso with wifey. Staying at extended stay. To the glory of God , He sent a helper that assisted us in paying using form A via Skye bank.To the glory of God again, $8000 was given as PTA from stanbic for me and wifey on 10th. POE was IAH and as usual, God sent us a helper in the person if the CBP officer that interviewed us. May God bless that CBP officer abundantly, she was an angel indeed. So far we are settling down.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62