Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (853203 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 12:05am On Oct 26, 2015
favoredgal:

It's the first result because you are googling from Nigeria. Google serves you what they consider the relevant info first e.g location based info first

And I can assure you for every 10 pms you responded to at least 4 were agents do where is the win win?

Infact na agents dey pm pass. This is great news for every agent!!!! In my opinion because the info is no more out there, people will be needing these agents more

Your assurance is not assured o!
Because I Googled it from Chicago.

First of all, I'm smarter than I look. I can smell agent from light years away. The way their questions are coined, like their trying too hard to be friendly. Also, come on Mehn, it's not hard to click on the name of the person pming u and do a smalll NL background check.
Again, Like I said earlier, my closest friends right now, I met them on this thread.

And why will you need an agent to get info on this birthing journey? Like seriously? If you followed up with my posts you will see that I went to chicago and visited every hospital I could find, from the northside to the southside, for days unending! If I can do that with my big belly, then anyone here waiting for info needs a bottle of my enfamil nursette bottle (who remembers it grin)

The resources I got from this thread were chicago POE kolomental, and connected with the most special people on the face of the earth.

Nigerians! We don't like to research, we like to be spoon fed. Now JW is forcing the ointment down our throat, we must research by force

For example sef, I have even found a sweet package in Louisiana state l'oun l'oun as insurance for my next missionary journey. Was it NL that spoon fed me, when there is google and telephone line for enquiries.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 12:10am On Oct 26, 2015
firsttymum:
Justwise so what's ur conclusion. No more researching on Hospitals?

Or is that we can but not over do it... In the sense that we can post researched Hospitals that has been tested and trusted, buy also has not been used here before.
And if it's a popular Hospital but a different Dr... Then we work with initials.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 12:10am On Oct 26, 2015
firsttymum:
Justwise so what's ur conclusion. No more researching on Hospitals?

Or is that we can but not over do it... In the sense that we can post researched Hospitals that has been tested and trusted, buy also has not been used here before.
And if it's a popular Hospital but a different Dr... Then we work with initials.

You go sabi price for market o!
Reminding me of my host's son! He negotiates everything, including lunch and snacks!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Popri(f): 12:16am On Oct 26, 2015
Firsttymum just saved us today....She is waaaay soo kind..

She responded promptly to my plight and has offered the medication already.

May God Almighty reward you

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 12:28am On Oct 26, 2015
Popri:

I give God the glory ooo and Amen to your prayers. I Wish her a safe and quick recovery. Amen.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 12:29am On Oct 26, 2015
nefertitiram:

You go sabi price for market o!
Reminding me of my host's son! He negotiates everything, including lunch and snacks!
babe wetin I go do na? I wanna b it best friend too. grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by omogedudu99: 1:37am On Oct 26, 2015
Dear admin/moderator,

Kindly permit me to add my voice to the pleas of those requesting for a relaxation of your rules on this thread.

I found out during my search for a Dr. & hospital in Dallas that its mostly people from minority groups (hispanics, asians, african americans, etct) that would understand the reason why someone would want to come down in late pregnancy from her home country to deliver in america.

Thus, apart from agency organizations like dotoresparati, I'm not sure how many american Drs. or hospitals would be willing to come advertise on this thread.

Apart from the "immigrant friendly" cities like Houston & El paso, its very hard to get info from elsewhere.

I also dont think the fear of hospital and Drs increasing their prices should be an issue. At least some other people would still benefit before such increases are effected. Once a "discoverer" has locked down the hospital package for him/herself, it wont be bad to share.

Time is of essence so please let's continue to encourage one another with relevant and new info becos these opportunities may not continue forever. Especially if Donald Trump and the likes have their way.

God bless all our hustles smiley.

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bestnews: 3:08am On Oct 26, 2015
Popri:

@ Firsttymum Thank you for being your sister's keeper, May God send His angels to Minister to your needs, INJ. AMEN!!!

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bestnews: 3:17am On Oct 26, 2015
[quote author=shawlar post=39359362]I have fought the good fight and I've finished the raceā€¦. -

Thank God for your successful Act one Scene one,
May God grant you the Resources to Bring up the Little one in the fear of God.
Rejoice, My Team still dey wait for Blue Pkali after which I will get Nigerian Visa.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kaakaa(f): 4:53am On Oct 26, 2015
nefertitiram:

First of all, I'm smarter than I look. I can smell agent from light years away. The way their questions are coined, like their trying too hard to be friendly. Also, come on Mehn, it's not hard to click on the name of the person pming u and do a smalll NL background check.

Errrrrm...... not everyone is smart like you ma... n all noses are not equal to smell agents from there questions..... most persons sound very nice bc they do not know who they are talking to and they really need the info and at the same time hoping there pm is not bothering you.... I know bc answering pms can be stressful,giving out same info to different people again n again

nefertitiram:

And why will you need an agent to get info on this birthing journey? Like seriously? If you followed up with my posts you will see that I went to chicago and visited every hospital I could find, from the northside to the southside, for days unending! If I can do that with my big belly, then anyone here waiting for info needs a bottle of my enfamil nursette bottle (who remembers it grin)

We don't want agents which is why we found this thread in the first place...
Most go thru agents bc they don't want uncertainties like more bills brought to them after delivery n all,n some peeps dont know anyone abroad....
we all want packages,good ones that falls within our budget...and not all hubby's will want there pregnant wife's to be roaming about in America looking for hosp.... what if baby decides to fast forward while you are still roaming about.... its better to know where you are heading to n have a hosp that fits your budget b4 boarding a flight cos you might be really sorry for it..... taking that much chances in a land you don't know much about....and all pregnancy are different....while I might be up n about with mine the other person may not be.

Before I left,when I tell relations that stay in US that I found a hosp,they will be like are you sure it's all the bill they are telling you cos you might get more later..... if I found that hosp myself nd didn't get feedbacks from people in nld saying they didn't pay nothing more,how will I be sure of that....

If I find a new hospital and only give it out via pm,how will someone that have used that hospital know and give informed info about the bad service she received from them or the bills that kept pouring in after delivery.... does it now mean that we all should go thru that same horrible experience when it could easily be prevented by sharing the hosp on the forum....

There are a lot of reasons why this get dr n hosp n pm it will definitely not be to nlders advantage ernestly.... agents don't even care about the bills pouring in later cos you must have paid them there money by then.... so who is loosing, we the preggers....

Some hospitals and Dr's info are not even on the net like Dr A,no matter how much you Google you won't find her,it has to be on recommendation....which is where this thread comes in play....

Let me just leave it here.... moderator pls try n come to a compromise that will be good for you n us too....biko

30 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 5:41am On Oct 26, 2015
nefertitiram:

Your assurance is not assured o!
Because I Googled it from Chicago.

First of all, I'm smarter than I look.

From Chicago but with the same laptop or phone you brought from Naija? Something called internet cookies remember?

P.s I don't know how u look o! Forum is faceless. I'm happy everything worked out for u. All the best!

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 5:50am On Oct 26, 2015
Popri:
In urgent need pls..
Is there anyone that can offer me an antimalarial (Adult) in Houston?
It will be replaced by Tuesday just incase u have just a pack

In dire need pls

Thanks..

Glad help came. Pls let's all remember to travel with OTC medications that are not readily available OTC in the us

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 7:11am On Oct 26, 2015
favoredgal:

From Chicago but with the same laptop or phone you brought from Naija? Something called internet cookies remember?

P.s I don't know how u look o! Forum is faceless. I'm happy everything worked out for u. All the best!

Some people will just be blowing HOT n COLD at d same time!!! Use one mouth and let JW see he isn't doing us bad by this his new rule then use another mouth n support him!!! Are u with us the "wailers " or nah What is my biz with agents?? I'm here to get info that will benefit my self and my pocket dazzalll!!
Use a random persons laptop n Google giving birth in us that is not a naija and n see if u will smell this thread!!! Yall stay doing d most here.. If u stand by jw n his decision good don't blow hot n cold! Justwise so d agents here won't they also flood ur darling doctorparrati guys n spoil show for us by sending all their customers there?? Or u really don't care about us n is here for your bidness

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:56am On Oct 26, 2015
neks31:

Some people will just be blowing HOT n COLD at d same time!!! Use one mouth and let JW see he isn't doing us bad by this his new rule then use another mouth n support him!!! Are u with us the "wailers " or nah What is my biz with agents?? I'm here to get info that will benefit my self and my pocket dazzalll!!
Use a random persons laptop n Google giving birth in us that is not a naija and n see if u will smell this thread!!! Yall stay doing d most here.. If u stand by jw n his decision good don't blow hot n cold! Justwise so d agents here won't they also flood ur darling doctorparrati guys n spoil show for us by sending all their customers there?? Or u really don't care about us n is here for your bidness

I can i just point this out before anybody get the wrong idea...i have no business with doctorparrati or anybody company placing an ad here, never had communication with any them, i don't know how much admin makes from ad here and nobody pays me a penny for anything.

I'm only treating this as i would treat my own business.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 7:58am On Oct 26, 2015
Half of the pages on this part is full of argument as against the purpose of the thread. The thread is becoming useless. As a member of nairaland, you can start your own thread and name it "The real cost and procedures of giving birth in US" since the moderator has decided to remove the cost aspect of it. If people haven't done their research and posted them here in the first place, I don't know how you would have even gotten these advertisement you are protecting so much without considering the end users. In as much as I understand that the business aspect is very important, you also have to consider those that make the thread what it is. Nothing stops you from listening to people's opinion and aligning with them to make the thread useful to both the advertising company and the end user. Anyways, that's my one kobo. We all are not perfect, but please sometimes, be nice with your replies. They come across as being rude.
Shalom

26 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by FinanceFitness: 8:10am On Oct 26, 2015
Hmmm.... So many pages of argument.... The current position is not beneficial to mums and will not be beneficial to nairaland family in the long run.

On agents and all, free riders are always there in our everyday lives, we cannot do without them - e.g, I pay huge taxes to government, most don't pay but enjoy the same road and amenities the government provide.

Whatever Justwise and co decide - I guess we don't have a choice? It is their forum.

But they should just remember that if there is no more info on this thread, it will eventually die a natural death.

@Justwise, I think things will naturally evolve to the next level if you allow this thread to die - it may be a natural consequence that may take a long time, but it may happen.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 8:38am On Oct 26, 2015
justwise:

I can i just point this out before anybody get the wrong idea...i have no business with doctorparrati or anybody company placing an ad here, never had communication with any them, i don't know how much admin makes from ad here and nobody pays me a penny for anything.

I'm only treating this as i would treat my own business.

Ohh kkk!! No qualms shaa God dey!!! But what will DrF do that most of the people here bashing and insulting him used his "doctors correspondence " to enter yonda n didn't send or look Em face as d reach?? Is he complaining?? this is cold world ma fren and we can't let the bad people a.k.a (agents from hell) spoil our show!! Anyways good luck with your decision and I believe that this thread will not die at all at all not until we've all achieved all we want IJN!
S/N all ye Agents from hell tryna cause confusion for us here ehh don't let us pray for una cos when one or two preggy mamas release prayers on top una head hmmmm!! Bye guys as I enter Kermit mode!

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by omogedudu99: 8:48am On Oct 26, 2015
Adiahabasi:
. Can't remember the exact prices but 5-6bottles of the wash and shampoo,and 3 bottles of lotion could serve you for a year...they range from 6$ to 12$ each...compare prices on amazon and walmart before buying....N.B...for the first few weeks,natural oils like coconut or olive oil seem to be best for babies skin..A black nurse advised me on olive oil...got it for $10 from the food section @ Walgreens...was very good for my LO's skin.

@Popri.

Yep. I concur

My son used 1bottle of the wash for like 2 months. So 6 to 7 bottles would be okay for a year. I ended up giving out the body lotions and moisturisers. Found out that good old 'Ori' (shea butter) mixed with olive oil was better for him.

In addition, I recommend you buy about 2 packs of the baby excema therapy cream. It was the only thing that cleared some irritation he developed on his skin a couple of times.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 9:17am On Oct 26, 2015
neks31:

I think ur message is for Nef tho, even though you quoted me.

Entering Kermit mode too. Goodluck to justwise, Seun and the thread

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 9:27am On Oct 26, 2015
bigfido:
If people haven't done their research and posted them here in the first place, I don't know how you would have even gotten these advertisement you are protecting so much without considering the end users. In as much as I understand that the business aspect is very important, you also have to consider those that make the thread what it is.

This for me is the fundamental argument against NL's stance. The good people of this forum made it what it is today and made it viable for adverts.

However like FinanceFitness pointed out, it is Seun Osewa's forum, after all, and they make the decisions, and they need to make money.

However I am not sure what the point of the entire thread would be then

We will see how this will play out.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 9:28am On Oct 26, 2015
shawlar:

Haba, loading ke...??
The cast & crew will first take a hiatus for a while before reconvening for season 2,
plus the production team sef go first go find money...lol grin

LOL firsty. olokings, shawlar, una well done grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 26, 2015
Justwise abeg dont allow this thread to die cos there's alot to learn from here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 9:34am On Oct 26, 2015
favoredgal:

Seems am d only one on JW side ooo!

*dodging daggers*

Lol

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 9:38am On Oct 26, 2015
At first I was with wailers,
Then on 2nd thot, I shifted position to JW side.

Favoredgal is on the other side o, you didn't quote the right person

neks31:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 9:57am On Oct 26, 2015
lol...
na only daggers.... you better go and take some lessons from NEO - Matrix an learn to dodge bullet or better still stop them mid-air #telekinetic skills.

grin cheesy

nefertitiram:

Seems am d only one on JW side ooo!

*dodging daggers*

Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adiahabasi: 10:04am On Oct 26, 2015
nefertitiram:
At first I was with wailers,
Then on 2nd thot, I shifted position to JW side.

Favoredgal is on the other side o, you didn't quote the right person

I like your spirit but you are on the wrong joor.......

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 10:30am On Oct 26, 2015
bestnews:

@ Firsttymum Thank you for being your sister's keeper, May God send His angels to Minister to your needs, INJ. AMEN!!!
amen amen amen ...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kiboe: 10:30am On Oct 26, 2015
I arrived Houston from Lagos couple of days back,my POE experience was totally uneventful,Praise God!!!'

Cbp:morning,what are you here for
Me:childbirth
Cbp:huh?
Me:to have my baby
Cbp:Ahha...takes my picture and fingerprint and sends me off to secondary inspection

I wait for about 3mins,

Cbp:Morning
Me:morning,I bring out my document bag containing all my docs which I had carefully arranged with post it and colourful highlighters(this was suppose to psychologically attract the cbp,it worked!)
Cbp:Can I have that?goes through them...I wish all passengers were this prepared it make the job easy(I see you have not encountered any NL mamas I think to myself)
Cbp:how long are you staying for?
Me 4 months
Cbp:do you have a return ticket?
Me:yes,I point it out to him
Cbp:what hospital are you using?
Me:OMC
Cbp:how much is it gonna cost you?
Me:I have prepared a budget sheet for my entire stay,it is attached to the doctor's correspondendence,I have excess the amount I have stated there in cash and in case something comes up,I have more on my card.

Takes me to another room to count my cash,gives me the "get your zero balance receipt","don't take any form of aid the hospital will try to push on you" talk and stamps me in for 6months.

Off to Agriculture,wasn't searched!

I had initially typed out a more detailed info about my experience but I mistakenly hit the back button,Sigh!oh well....God has been faithful I begged him for divine favour and he delivered....in this blue Pali sojourn,three things are important.PRAYER, PRAYER & PREPARATION.

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 10:40am On Oct 26, 2015
Women dey vex o.... Chai.

I see another thread opening soon... U guys quote me when u open the thread....

Kermit mode activated.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 10:45am On Oct 26, 2015
anonymousmum:

LOL firsty. olokings, shawlar, una well done grin
Lol cool
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by tober888(m): 11:01am On Oct 26, 2015
MayMaj:
Gud morn pple...

Me and my wahala Sha, make una no vex ooo @ justwise and Co. Promise not to mention hospital again..

Got a very gud deal in California where the cost of everything including doctors fee is less than 5000...

Mummies considering California should PM me. I hope am not violating a rule here again ooo.

@maymaj, kindly acknowledge my pm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.