Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (853348 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 2:54pm On Oct 26, 2015
Phema:

Not the end of the world. There are so many other hospitals in the US. If info is allowed, good packages will come up and we all will benefit. Afterall, if we didn't get to know about the hospital, we wouldn't even be here talking about price increment and whatnot.
Not a problem. Most people here won't patronise them anyways, if they get quality info here.

Ayaf cash you cheesy... you just made my point....

Why don't the agents find theirs & offer same to their clients, why would they come here, fleece, contribute nada & dump same info after squeezing the juice from it & wait for another to come up...

My

I get you about throwing out the bath water alongside the "PRECIOUS" baby but what is the point when the baby is an ogbanje abiku that is going to peme in the next minute?

Phema, you may have been a newbie once like we all were but you never needed "SPOONFEEDING"..... You know quite well when you are ready & get to it, you

Olokings, no be don level, not at all, who know anything..
We are all learning..but i believe anyone that is serious should make the effort, health grades is there to check out hospitals...

when i was researching, i got other great hospitals & 2 other doctors from missouri that i could have used if chicago hadn't been an option....

@neks31

We no go fight, but we still no go agree.. smiley

Hospitals & Docs are small problem,providing burden of proof is the koko, that is enough help for the agents....

Drs & hospitals full US, make we nor feel it's only referrals from here that can do it..

You see as your stylish knock wey u give me misfire tongue, We didn't get our Dr, hospital nada from here, we ONLY GOT PROCEDURE ON HOW TO GET IT DONE& we did the needful..

Phema, once again,thanks for the burden of proof heads up..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chicagomum: 3:09pm On Oct 26, 2015
Gbam!!!

neks31:
Hmmmmm the mamas who don born n don go house are out to play today o!!! U didn't move this motion in your research days but doing that at d comfort of ur breastfeeding couch hian!! I for pay how much in MD OR OKC if I didn't come across this thread!! I'm back from Kermit mode!! S/n: being in the opposition (wailing) is so tiring menh! Wonder how these my naija wailers r keeping up cos I'm exhausted already!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adiahabasi: 3:21pm On Oct 26, 2015
modath:

You got me wrong... I DIDN'T CALL YOU OUT THE WAY YOU THINK, IT'S TO DRAW REFERENCE.. You are talking from the POV of someone who is honest, helpful & here for the right reasons(not flattering you but it is what it is)

Would have preferred the way the thread was before but that ship has sailed.. & that other USA visa thread does not address the issue of how to go about preggy visa, POE with belle, Navigating with belle, how to get baby docs etc..

You know what your "BURDEN OF PROOF" did to my life at ORD POE? You don't have an idea how invaluable that was? Thank you for that...

This thread has been bastardised.... once an info gets dropped here, in little to no time, it goes downhill...

From our sojourn in Chicago, we found more than 10 hospitals & numerous Drs but DR A still gets the lion share cos he has agents who would PM you & ask you to tell him you are a friend of theirs( they know themselves) & he too would ask who referred you to him...

People coming here, getting info & blocking people from benefitting is my grouse. ...

So you are the only one with the right to have called MOBAP right? You said you were the 14th caller...just?tens to hundreds of preggys visit this forum....once a cheap place is spoken abt on this forum,several women...silent or not... try to get to call the hosp/dr to hear from the horses mouth just like you did. Abeg just has you had interest,several others too were interested in getting a cheap deal ...you put so much emphasis on agents..its a legit job,not as if they are stealing...and its no one's business what the information here is used for since its an open forum.
I once told a friend to come on Nairaland to get info...she told me "if you don't know any Dr in OK,I'll rather pay an agent 150k than read a forum for weeks,where is the time?". D Drs in MOBAP never increased their prices...they saw that all Naija women opted not to do ultrasound scans and some tests to cut costs...even when it was needed so they simply made it mandatory...it was 1300 not 2300 from 800.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 3:49pm On Oct 26, 2015
Wow shocked so many intelligent arguments, am impressed. Phema, am with you on this 100%

Sharing info openly not privately, is the essence of an anonymous forum. Some of us don't do the pm's. However from Modath & Nerf's angle, they don't want monkey to work while baboon go wack all. It's all good cos it encourages individual research

Oh well undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2015
Let me interrupt the debate small.
I just bought my infant ticket in Airfrance office in Abuja for #25140. I called their US office and before I could say jack, d lady booked the ticket for $609 for round trip and told me to pay when I get to d airport. After some days, I called them back to cancel the reservation which they did, den someone went to der abj office and bot the infant ticket for me Yippee!
In summary, thou MUST not buy infant ticket from US office, thou MUST send someone to buy from their naija office. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 4:04pm On Oct 26, 2015
To And fro. Up and down. Na wa!
Phema biko check ur email
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2015
Tvegas:
Still Observing the funny arguements ongoing in this Judicial Court.......Lemme check out the number of SAN in attendance yeeeepa shocked like 20 SAN already!!! Almost 4 SAN are in support of the argument while 10 furious SAN are against the argument.

Am still filing my injunction and preparing my argument. Am consulting various law journals for relevant case studies. I will bombard this court when am done with my research...........In the meantime am Still observing and sipping my kunu.....while singing fela **Palavaaa you dey find,palavaaa you go get***..... grin grin grin
Lol. Waiting to read your stance though. Am enjoying the debate cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 4:12pm On Oct 26, 2015
Adiahabasi:
So you are the only one with the right to have called MOBAP right? You said you were the 14th caller...just?tens to hundreds of preggys visit this forum....once a cheap place is spoken abt on this forum,several women...silent or not... try to get to call the hosp/dr to hear from the horses mouth just like you did. Abeg just has you had interest,several others too were interested in getting a cheap deal ...you put so much emphasis on agents..its a legit job,not as if they are stealing...and its no one's business what the information here is used for since its an open forum.
I once told a friend to come on Nairaland to get info...she told me "if you don't know any Dr in OK,I'll rather pay an agent 150k than read a forum for weeks,where is the time?". D Drs in MOBAP never increased their prices...they saw that all Naija women opted not to do ultrasound scans and some tests to cut costs...even when it was needed so they simply made it mandatory...it was 1300 not 2300 from 800.

It is not a contest of one upmanship, no one is an island but i will not make apologies for my POV...

If you remember correctly, i PMed you & you graciously shared info with me.... I wish i could post my correspodence on this thread, but i have no reason to lie... I was quoted 150 for initial visit, 300 for ultrasound & 1800 for a C section by DR P's office which kizluv can confirm i got back to her on......

I would have still used it if the option of Chicago hadn't come up & been a better option at that time..

Let's be realistic, the possibility of 14 "innocent mamas" calling IN A SINGLE DAY begs the question & i know my opinion is mine & mine alone but i know mam on this thread WHO NOW REGRET SHARING COS THEY CAN NO LONGER USE SAME FACILITIES..

Let's keep it civil, We don't need drama & passing subtle insults & no one here is being selfish, what more i don't need to keep anything under the lid but i just think of all the background drama that one has chosen to keep quiet about...

& A few people can vouch for my integrity. ... I AM NOT A LIAR... Thank you..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 4:15pm On Oct 26, 2015
modath:

Nne tiri..How are you & the wonderful army of God?, na you & nef go do dat one, after 3 Sections, my part of populating the earth don do,na plenty Kudi to do a good job remaingrin

We are fine my sister. Lol. May plenty money locate you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2015
nefertitiram:

Aunty Nogen, but you know that we cracked open Chicago wink

Even though Modath has closed shop, she will still follow me to Chicago next baby to do omugwo.

I know na. I remember all your efforts in getting an affordable hospital and doctor for me in Chicago and even in Dallas. God bless you jare. .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 4:36pm On Oct 26, 2015
Oya lemme move my own motion!!! If you have given birth, collected ur LO Pali and more especially ported to NG oya begin to dey go ya house till d next missionary journey!!!! Yall r complicating things for us here, allow us negotiate with our dear sugar boy JustWise "winks"!!!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 4:57pm On Oct 26, 2015
nefertitiram:

I also support a private forum. It will solve this issue.

@beautyx5 , private forum is seconded....

This place & TTC attract "Jobbers" like kilode!!!

neks31:
Oya lemme move my own motion!!! If you have given birth, collected ur LO Pali and more especially ported to NG oya begin to dey go ya house till d next missionary journey!!!! Yall r complicating things for us here, allow us negotiate with our dear sugar boy JustWise "winks"!!!

LOLing @ "sugarboy" cheesy ....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 5:04pm On Oct 26, 2015
[quote author=nefertitiram post=39384119]

I also support a private forum. It will solve this issue.
[/quote

I support too!! U have to show us your baby bump abi ur Preggy result before u r admitted!! Lmaoo

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Gracemum: 5:07pm On Oct 26, 2015
@Phema. Am so in love with you right now.

Phema:

That is because you are not the new mamas desperately in need of info. I was in their shoes and I know how daunting the whole process can be with little or no info.

We all have gained from this thread, we should learn to give back.

I look back to when I was in dire need of info regarding NJ, emailed several mums who wrote they were currently there and got no help. This argument coupled wit preggie hormones is making my head and eyes spin. Too bad or rada too sad.
@Justwise, please liv up to Ūя̲̅ name.

But like @firstty wud laf kikikikikiliki. Back to (pls which one is kermit) mode.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 5:33pm On Oct 26, 2015
If people don't share vital information on hospitals and doctors, this thread may wither. Let's apply wisdom pls.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 5:36pm On Oct 26, 2015
In light of the recent debate. I just had to. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 5:36pm On Oct 26, 2015
My people I hail o.
shocked shocked
The mata wey dey ground put salt for my mouth. I was excited when I saw 8 pages to catch up on, only to see that information about hospital costs is to be evaporated henceforth embarassed
Ha Oga Justwise honestly some of your replies were not nice but it doesn't matter because dem no dey gum insult for person head.
My 2 cents: I bless God the day I discovered this forum because I realised I have a choice and i can relax till 32 weeks before travelling.my first missionary journey was in 2011/2012 paid 12k for hospital bills only (VD)in Ohio.My host recommended the Obgyn and hospital then but I could afford it then because I waited on the Lord for 10years but now calculator is needed. With the information from Part 1, there is no way I would have been to do all the research myself and most of them that I have contacted have reviewed their prices sef including Docesparati but compared to my former journey am still thankful.
As a NL newbie,am in support of open sharing of information including costs and procedures biko.
Anyone that knows Justwise Oriki should kindly post it as well so that the iresi no go follow the chaff/stones o cry

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 5:40pm On Oct 26, 2015
That's why if I suspect u r an agent I don't hesitate to to say it.... But lurkers and observers come out of hiding and be forming it's a free forum bla bla bla. I kukuma don't send... Will still point u out.

And if u send me a pm and I check u out it doesn't sit well, I ignore.
Truly d pm tingy is tiring.

And people will keep finding it difficult to share information because they wanna benefit from it before its ruined.

Nefertitiram in response to ur post about catching an 10 feets away
Someone tried to take advantage of me here.. But cunny man jam cunny man. When I was trying to sort accommodation, I was offered accommodation but at a cost( share wit d person and pay half, she resides in d US). I later realised the cost of that accommodation I was given even though cheaper than intown and its likes, meant I'm going to b paying both my rent and the persons own. And that's what this person has been doing. Making women come and pay all d bills oh yes plus an extra sef.

This isn't hospital and Poe... This isn't even an agent... But there are people here looking to feed on our desperation in name of helping. And that's their main business and u can't suspect them as agents because they are active here and other thread.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 5:53pm On Oct 26, 2015
@mamacajah I received a notification that you sent me a mail but I didn't see it.pls kindly resend biko grin
Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2015
The Canada thread is so dead... Chai.... So so dead. We don't want this one like that.

That's why I've been negotiating lol...
Part 1 was a thread... There were a couple of hormonal mamas ( d fight no b here) but mehn they will fish out an agent in ways d agents won't b able to comment again or even deactivate d account. Then people were sourcing for info like mad.

Now if u tell people to read part 1... They'll chill for a couple of weeks and like they are gathering power Rangers, dey come back after sometime and b throwing baseless tantrums. Lol.

Like the name is... give birth in the USA... Cost and procedures... And this is what we have been doing (sometimes like now derail but we av). And this thread has helped alot of people.

LIKE I SUGGESTED.. LET'S POSTS HOSPITALS ONLY TESTED AND TRUSTED.
Not some Hospitals u got scanty info over d phone or from someone and then u rush here to post then a woman gets there and is surprised.
And if ur bill doesn't differ from the previous posted there's no point posting a cost breakdown. But I know for sure the reviews of Dr's here has helped women. But then again agents will comman b giving reviews.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 6:09pm On Oct 26, 2015
I was typing. .....
Deletes. ...abeg tori don too much. ... bekoo protesters. ... I move for us to go for lunch break. ... mk we go chop gather strength. ...be like say opp don chop whilst dey were reading our rants

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 26, 2015
I hope this Thread doesn't die.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 6:23pm On Oct 26, 2015
olokings:
I was typing. .....
Deletes. ...abeg tori don too much. ... bekoo protesters. ... I move for us to go for lunch break. ... mk we go chop gather strength. ...be like say opp don chop whilst dey were reading our rants
abi it's past 12 noon I've not even had breakfast
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Ye2ndearisto: 6:24pm On Oct 26, 2015
@justwise please send me your email so I can contact you for the accommodation in Houston

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 6:33pm On Oct 26, 2015
Even before JW new policy, we don kukuma de hoard info.
Justwise, please temper justice with mercy and listen to the plea of the wailers. Sharing can be at our own discretion.

Me I sha know I will not share or respond to suspicious PMs. Infact, you must show me your preggie test result, ultrasound picture and picture with baby bump in front of POE before I will offer to help any acclaimed mama. (Shoutout to Neks31 and firttymum for the inspiration).

After ascertaining your genuine-ness, you will also fill out a non disclosure agreement notarized by a notary public in US before I reveal.

Kikikikiki, e don bad like that o!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Dentale(m): 6:37pm On Oct 26, 2015
nefertitiram:
Justwise, please temper justice with mercy and listen to the plea of the wailers. Sharing can be at our own discretion.

Me I sha know I will not share or respond to suspicious PMs. Infact, you must show me your preggie test result, ultrasound picture and picture with baby bump in front of POE before I will offer to help any acclaimed mama. (Shoutout to Neks31 and firttymum for the inspiration).

After ascertaining your genuine-ness, you will also fill out a non disclosure agreement notarized by a notary public in US before I reveal.

You cannot be serious! Lolll grin grin Chaiii!!!
How's ur princess?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2015
nefertitiram:

Kikikikikikikikikikik. Heheheehehehehe

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 6:45pm On Oct 26, 2015
Dentale:

You cannot be serious! Lolll grin grin Chaiii!!!
How's ur princess?

grin grin cheesy cheesy

She's right here aslp on my body. She's two months today and is so big, hubby nicknamed her Orobsky! sad angry and blames me for the genes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 6:49pm On Oct 26, 2015
On me way home in traffic and I'm just laffiing so hard at all these posts...kikikikikiki

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.