Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,411 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1536195 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 8:36am On Jul 06, 2018
Lee310:
Good morning house. Pls help look into this bugdet/breakdown.. pls criticise and contribute. Personal biz registered with tax cert.
Earns 350K from job... personal biz 50K it varies
Savings bal 1.8m personal account, biz account varies but like 250K to 350K in there when printing
To spend 6nights in London and single
proposed bugdet is as follows:
1. Hotel................150£ Hostel accommodation
2. Flight .................................560£ Emirates
3. Transportation ................. 50£ oyster card
4. Sightseeing .................. 100£
5. Feeding ................... 100£
6. Shopping ......................... 100£
7. Might watch Chelsea match... 50£
Total. ........................................ 1110£

I have read on here not to spend 2x your salary for the application...how true is this ? @ekpotek @justwise other gurus please anyone who has an idea.

Thanks.

Are you sure the hotel for 6 days with that amount in London? Or Hostel?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 8:39am On Jul 06, 2018
mavinc4u:

please if uk denies one visa, do you stamp the passport because his passport was not stamped? if he decides to reapply, should he use the previous bank statement he used before that was printed on 11th June, 2018 or he should print another one?

They no longer stamp passport. This is July, print a new one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Getbizzzy: 9:01am On Jul 06, 2018
Pls any can help, I need urgent answers!

My friend has a UK Citizen who has agreed to sponsor her to come join him in UK from Ghana.

But the problem now is how to go about it, the UK guy is asking her to get some documents from the place she works like reference letter from her work place.

Pls I want to ask, if a UK citizen could write a letter of sponsorship for you, what other documents do you need to get you going, and what kind of visa?

At some place, I read you only need the sponsorship letter and visa will be issued to you and at other times, I'm also reading you will still need some documents like financial worthiness to get the visa after getting the sponsorship letter.

Now my friend is confused. Please anyone here with the right info?

Pls I need urgent answers.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 9:23am On Jul 06, 2018
Thank you for your response... it's a hostel accommodation...

folmus:

Are you sure the hotel for 6 days with that amount in London? Or Hostel?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by KDK(m): 9:24am On Jul 06, 2018
Getbizzzy:
Pls any can help, I need urgent answers!

My friend has a UK Citizen who has agreed to sponsor her to come join him in UK from Ghana.

But the problem now is how to go about it, the UK guy is asking her to get some documents from the place she works like reference letter from her work place.

Pls I want to ask, if a UK citizen could write a letter of sponsorship for you, what other documents do you need to get you going, and what kind of visa?

At some place, I read you only need the sponsorship letter and visa will be issued to you and at other times, I'm also reading you will still need some documents like financial worthiness to get the visa after getting the sponsorship letter.

Now my friend is confused. Please anyone here with the right info?

Pls I need urgent answers.
Thanks.

Is she applying from Nigeria Or Ghana?

In any case,in addition to the sponsorship letter, let her provide proof of ties to her country like proof of employment (employment letter, letter of introduction, payment slip), statement of account with reasonable flow and balance, family ties (immediate family like kids, spouse, etc),proof of properties and any other document that she believes will support her case of returning back to Nigeria. Please have it in mind that their primary concerns are whether she will return and will not be a burden to their system.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ndkings1(m): 9:34am On Jul 06, 2018
ekpotek:

How long have you known this friend? What documents do you have as proof of relationship?

Thank you brother.
I have never met him physically.
I got to know him through a relative six months ago. We have been chatting since then.
The only proof I got now is IV letter he intends to send to me.
What's your advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by samiam123: 10:18am On Jul 06, 2018
Hi, can anyone help me answer my question please. My sister and niece applied for UK visitor visas to visit for my graduation almost a month ago. Yesterday, my niece got her visa but she is underage 13 and so it was an accompanied child visa with my sister's passport number on it. But my sister's passport has not been returned yet and we're a bit worried. Is it possible for them to grant an accompanied child a visa, but not the adult accompanying them? Especially since they submitted at the same time?

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 10:44am On Jul 06, 2018
samiam123:
Hi, can anyone help me answer my question please. My sister and niece applied for UK visitor visas to visit for my graduation almost a month ago. Yesterday, my niece got her visa but she is underage 13 and so it was an accompanied child visa with my sister's passport number on it. But my sister's passport has not been returned yet and we're a bit worried. Is it possible for them to grant an accompanied child a visa, but not the adult accompanying them? Especially since they submitted at the same time?

Thanks.

You have to wait for the outcome. If she is qualified, she will be given.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by samiam123: 10:49am On Jul 06, 2018
folmus:

You have to wait for the outcome. If she is qualified, she will be given.

I understand that, my question is can they give her daughter a visa which says she can only be accompanied by her mother, but not give the mother one? Don't they process their visas together? I'd like to know if its a possibility.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 06, 2018
Gurus clear me on this
I'm married but still bears my Maiden name that I used for my passport (don't want to change my name for now), my passport expires in 3 months so I need to do a renewal.
Now my question
1. Will NIS update my status to married (remember I won't change my name)
2. If NIS won't update my marital status will dat affect me when I apply for visa as married and want to travel with husband and son who has a different last name from mine
3. What documents do I have to provide at the embassy to buttress the fact that am now married even though my recently renewed passport still bears my old name and has my status as single.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:17am On Jul 06, 2018
mavinc4u:

please if uk denies one visa, do you stamp the passport because his passport was not stamped? if he decides to reapply, should he use the previous bank statement he used before that was printed on 11th June, 2018 or he should print another one?

Passport stamped or not stamped does not matter as UKVI already have his profile on their system forever! Yes he should update his bank statement to re apply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nomad26: 11:23am On Jul 06, 2018
Guys, I think this will be welcome development for us all. I have seen several people on this forum refused visit visa for frivolous reasons, without any right of appeal. It is great to see that someone is finally challenging the Home Office on this issue. Click the links below to see articles published on Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jul/06/lawyer-blames-visitor-visa-refusals-on-deep-underlying-racism

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jul/06/visitor-visas-refused-nigerian-family-blocked-from-attending-wedding

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nomad26: 11:26am On Jul 06, 2018
I can't answer number one
2. No it won't affect your visa application
3. Your marriage certificate is the ultimate proof of your union, nowadays it is not unusual to still keep your maiden name after marriage.

kemitomi:
Gurus clear me on this
I'm married but still bears my Maiden name that I used for my passport (don't want to change my name for now), my passport expires in 3 months so I need to do a renewal.
Now my question
2. If NIS won't update my marital status will dat affect me when I apply for visa as married and want to travel with husband and son who has a different last name from mine
3. What documents do I have to provide at the embassy to buttress the fact that am now married even though my recently renewed passport still bears my old name and has my status as single.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PefHouse: 12:30pm On Jul 06, 2018
mavinc4u:

you should be worried on the income. you can see the enquiry am making too. the mistake on the person's income was made by Entry clearing officer and he was denied for ECO'S mistake so don't make the mistake yourself.

So should I cancel the application? Will I be refunded?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PefHouse: 12:37pm On Jul 06, 2018
ekpotek:

Tell your father to enclose a cover letter to point out the error to the ECO, and print out the application form and cross out the error with the correct information. Submit this with cover note as part of his documentation. There is is no interview for visitor visa. Only biometric capture and document submission during appointment.

@ekpotek

Someone on the thread below said I should be worried,are u sure the advice u gave would suffice? If he writes a cover note explaining I hope it will be taken into consideration in ECO final decisions.

Thanks alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:45pm On Jul 06, 2018
PefHouse:

@ekpotek

Someone on the thread below said I should be worried,are u sure the advice u gave would suffice? If he writes a cover note explaining I hope it will be taken into consideration in ECO final decisions.

Thanks alot

That’s what the cover letter is for! To explain things and clarify whatever information you entered in your application form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 1:20pm On Jul 06, 2018
samiam123:

I understand that, my question is can they give her daughter a visa which says she can only be accompanied by her mother, but not give the mother one? Don't they process their visas together? I'd like to know if its a possibility.

Thanks.

You want answer to that on NL
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 1:23pm On Jul 06, 2018
kemitomi:
Gurus clear me on this
Now my question
Thanks

You can update your status during renewal and has nothing to worry with Visa if you have your marriage certificate. But are you a feminist? wink wink grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nonny1234: 1:37pm On Jul 06, 2018
nomad26:
Guys, I think this will be welcome development for us all. I have seen several people on this forum refused visit visa for frivolous reasons, without any right of appeal. It is great to see that someone is finally challenging the Home Office on this issue. Click the links below to see articles published on Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jul/06/lawyer-blames-visitor-visa-refusals-on-deep-underlying-racism

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jul/06/visitor-visas-refused-nigerian-family-blocked-from-attending-wedding

Nice one..I see a lot of flimsy reasons for denials. B4 now Visitor Visas didn't even take so long. I remember when I applied in 2015 and my visa came out the next day (not priority) now they want to check your bank statement line by line then they will eventually tell you you are not enjoying enough in your country to visit another country.. lol even when you have sponsor.. Ndi ara pipo. My passport has taken almost a month with them. The whole waiting process just tire person. Like say na heaven person apply to go..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 1:54pm On Jul 06, 2018
Nonny1234:

Nice one..I see a lot of flimsy reasons for denials. B4 now Visitor Visas didn't even take so long. I remember when I applied in 2015 and my visa came out the next day (not priority) now they want to check your bank statement line by line then they will eventually tell you you are not enjoying enough in your country to visit another country.. lol even when you have sponsor.. Ndi ara pipo. My passport has taken almost a month with them. The whole waiting process just tire person. Like say na heaven person apply to go..

grin grin grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2018
@folmus... can I proceed with the budget I proposed?

Any implication if I spend more that 2x my monthly salary ?

Trying to play safe.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 3:10pm On Jul 06, 2018
Good Morning My noble people in the house.
I don come again oooooo!!!!
Please I have some concerns that I my gurus to clarified :
1) I want to renew my UK visa for 5years after my first visa which is 6Months. Is it possible for VO to grant me 5years visa after 6months visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Fiendishly: 9:29pm On Jul 06, 2018
Hello everyone !!!

Ive read through this pages and I must commend the contributors for a job well done.. but my situation is a bit different.. I need a proper information abeg..

My dad has been in the UK for 22 years , I'm 23 , he has another wife and kids there... now he wants me to come and visit him..

Ive only been to Ghana on My passport.. don't have any tangible amount in my account..

He will be the full sponsor.. and also I am not a student of any university.. I do online jobs..

Will the visa consular not be wondering why I haven't visited the UK since all these years ?

And what documents will I need.. thanks

Ive read about a girl with similar situation as mine who provided pictures she took with her father in 2017 as an evidence but still got rejected...

ekpotek
Justwise

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Diti94(f): 11:17pm On Jul 06, 2018
https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jul/06/visitor-visas-refused-nigerian-family-blocked-from-attending-wedding

Similar to what happened with mine last month. My form was read wrong by the ECO and came up with all sorts of nonsense that had nothing to do with me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Getbizzzy: 1:53am On Jul 07, 2018
KDK:

Is she applying from Nigeria Or Ghana?

In any case,in addition to the sponsorship letter, let her provide proof of ties to her country like proof of employment (employment letter, letter of introduction, payment slip), statement of account with reasonable flow and balance, family ties (immediate family like kids, spouse, etc),proof of properties and any other document that she believes will support her case of returning back to Nigeria. Please have it in mind that their primary concerns are whether she will return and will not be a burden to their system.

Ok, thanks.

Though she is applying from Ghana and a Ghanaian.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by luvhenry(m): 7:05am On Jul 07, 2018
Hi guys. It's over 28 days since i canceled my application and yet no refund. Hw do i follow up
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by raheemkeji(f): 1:38pm On Jul 07, 2018
Hello Everyone! How do i Retrieve my Previous UK Visa application after 2 years as i am about to re-apply but forgotten some information on my previous application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 3:43pm On Jul 07, 2018
luvhenry:
Hi guys. It's over 28 days since i canceled my application and yet no refund. Hw do i follow up

Same here bro...i cancelled on 30th and yet to receive my refund...i dont know what to do too...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by K4daniel: 7:04pm On Jul 07, 2018
Hello guru in the house i need your timely advice and response.
I was denied visa 2010 and 2015. This is 2018 am thinking of giving it a trial again. The most common reason of refusal is low and insufficient fund in my account and no ties to my country.Then i used 1.5m on my bank statement. This year I have told my brother in uk to do all the sponsorship while I present my 2.3m joint savings account. Even though my wife is not going with me. I earn like 250kmonthly and annual is 5m above.
Please should i write a cover letter to appeal to them and I need your advice please I am thinking of sending all document this week or next month. Please also I have forgotten the current requirement and sites u need you people's guidance.Thank you all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.